PDA

View Full Version : Wallace throws Teddy under the bus

Tad7
03-15-2016, 10:08 PM
"When this process started, I knew that I wasn't going back to Minnesota," Wallace said, per The Baltimore Sun. "I was like, 'I need a good quarterback."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644693/article/mike-wallace-i-need-a-good-quarterback

I totally agree that Bridgewater's ugly deep ball played a big part in taking away Wallace's impact but still thought this was a classless thing to throw out there at this point.

raptorman
03-15-2016, 11:02 PM
Well, a lot of Teddy's deep balls did go over Wallace's head. But, was that Teddy or did Wallace lose a step? :)

MaxVike
03-16-2016, 12:49 AM
"When this process started, I knew that I wasn't going back to Minnesota," Wallace said, per The Baltimore Sun. "I was like, 'I need a good quarterback."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644693/article/mike-wallace-i-need-a-good-quarterback

I totally agree that Bridgewater's ugly deep ball played a big part in taking away Wallace's impact but still thought this was a classless thing to throw out there at this point.

He basically said what a lot of us have said....with that said, CONE ON MAN. Vikes were good to you, you dropped a lot of passes, and you you depart this way!?!?!???? GFY, and I don't mean "Good For You."

purplehelmut
03-16-2016, 08:35 AM
He will have the opportunity to back those words up. We shall see. It will be interesting to witness at the very least.

midgensa
03-16-2016, 08:54 AM
Obviously I have many issues with Teddy. His inability to utilize a talent like Mike Wallace being one of them.

That said ... Wow, what a completely and utterly classless move by someone who had nothing but positive things said about him from the Vikings. Zimmer has continuously praised Wallace for being a professional in the face of not getting the ball as much as he would like and he turns around and says this on his way out the door?

Completely uncalled for and really ridiculous. I hope he knows that Flacco is just as likely to throw it to the other team than to him in the end zone.

bleedpurple
03-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Yeah, when i saw this I was pissed!! An not only because I am a Teddy supporter... That was real wack

RK.
03-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Wallace seems to forget it takes 6 sec at least in the pocket for the deep play to develope, something Teddy rarely had last year. When you only have 3 or 4 seconds to throw deep it is not unusual to see the ball over thrown. The QB is throwing to a spot on the field and if not enough time the receiver just doesn't get there.

bleedpurple
03-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Wallace seems to forget it takes 6 sec at least in the pocket for the deep play to develope, something Teddy rarely had last year. When you only have 3 or 4 seconds to throw deep it is not unusual to see the ball over thrown. The QB is throwing to a spot on the field and if not enough time the receiver just doesn't get there.

that's waaaaay too much time. you need about 2.6-3 seconds to throw it deep. think 40 yard dash... 4.4 secs to run the forty.. so with flight time, he didin't need that much time. However, a lot of the time teams rolled coverage over to Wallace so he wouldn't be open deep. that's why diggs got all those underneath and crossing routes..

But nonetheless your point is well taken.

RK.
03-16-2016, 10:58 AM
When you are running a 40 yd dash you are not getting bumped at the starting line or having to run around someone that is in your way. That adds a couple of seconds to your time getting down field.

The first thing Zim did when the season was over was fire the O line coach and get Sparano. Also he didn't go looking for a veteran QB in FA like Kapernick or RGIII or who ever. That tells me Zim does not see the problem lying with Teddy.

vikinggreg
03-16-2016, 01:40 PM

https://youtu.be/eqg6atb_tG0

week one, there was lots of time for this pass it was just a ugly throw...and thats his delivery

bleedpurple
03-16-2016, 03:47 PM
When you are running a 40 yd dash you are not getting bumped at the starting line or having to run around someone that is in your way. That adds a couple of seconds to your time getting down field.

The first thing Zim did when the season was over was fire the O line coach and get Sparano. Also he didn't go looking for a veteran QB in FA like Kapernick or RGIII or who ever. That tells me Zim does not see the problem lying with Teddy.

None of that matters... my point is 6 seconds in the pocket is an eternity.... the NFL average is about 2.8 seconds or so...

RK.
03-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Every QB makes ugly throws. Montana did, Brady does, Manning did Favre did, they all have made ugly throws. So what?? TB has also made some really pretty throws on the money down field. If he gets more time he will make more pretty throws and probably a few ugly ones. Its football.......

midgensa
03-17-2016, 10:21 AM
Every QB makes ugly throws. Montana did, Brady does, Manning did Favre did, they all have made ugly throws. So what?? TB has also made some really pretty throws on the money down field. If he gets more time he will make more pretty throws and probably a few ugly ones. Its football.......

Lol ... really? Because the all time greats made some ugly throws we are supposed to excuse Teddy's regularly ugly throws?

C'mon man ... seriously? You then turn around and talk about his "money" downfield throws ... which I don't really recall ... but act like EVERYBODY doesn't make those occasionally.

Bridgewater makes a TON of ugly throws with his ridiculously low delivery and often happy feet. If you want to blame Wallace's production on Wallace that is fine ... but it is odd that he produced with every QB he played with not named Bridgewater.

BTW ... he is still classless for the way he went about this entire situation.

RK.
03-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Wallace is apologizing and saying that he did not mean his comments to be a dis-ing of Teddy.

midgensa
03-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Wallace is apologizing and saying that he did not mean his comments to be a dis-ing of Teddy.

Little late for that now. It is what it is. Can't really interpret his words any other way.

C Mac D
03-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Well, color me absolutely shocked. It's almost like I've heard this before...

http://forums.purplepride.org/showthread.php?1113006-Teddy/page23

What am I wrong about on Bridgewater? Does he have downfield accuracy? Does he have a quick release?

People act like I said we should ditch Bridgewater. I'm fine with him, but he's nothing more than a mediocre QB who forces us to rely on every other aspect of the team rather than the passing game.

If you've paid attention to the rule changes over the past decade, football is setup to favor QB's and WR's... our team seems to have lost that memo somewhere.

But sure, my analysis on Bridgewater is incorrect. SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

Wallace was never a fit for our system and was the worst possible fit for Bridgewater... hence why I harped on the signing and continue to think Speilman misses the points when it comes to the Vikings roster.

Don't get me wrong, love our team and the coaching staff... but Spielman routinely makes boneheaded offseason moves. See: John Carlson, Mike Wallace, Rhett Ellison (resigned for WAY too high), Captain Munnerlyn...

Anywho, just wanted to point out that you heard it here first. Don't act surprised.

midgensa
03-17-2016, 02:03 PM

Wallace was never a fit for our system and was the worst possible fit for Bridgewater... hence why I harped on the signing and continue to think Speilman misses the points when it comes to the Vikings roster.

Don't get me wrong, love our team and the coaching staff... but Spielman routinely makes boneheaded offseason moves. See: John Carlson, Mike Wallace, Rhett Ellison (resigned for WAY too high), Captain Munnerlyn...

Anywho, just wanted to point out that you heard it here first. Don't act surprised.

I don't think any of us are that surprised by Wallace not working here.

That said ... Munnerlyn was not a terrible signing. It was terrible to make him a No. 2, but he was one of the highest rated corners in football last season as a slot guy.

Also, if you are going to bag on the Carlson, Wallace, etc. You have to give huge credit for Joseph, Newman, not letting Griffin get away. Those moves are pretty important and could have easily went another direction.

tarkenton10
03-17-2016, 02:37 PM

WRONG!! While all GM's make mistakes Ricky has also done a very good job getting in people who can play and keeping players who can still get it done.

He signed then unheralded Everson Griffin to a big contract while letting Jared Allen walk. Most GMs would have tried to sign Allen, now Ricky is looking pretty good. He brought in Linval Joseph (great move) and Captain, both are good moves while Captain had a hard time two years ago he rebounded and was pretty good last year in the slot.

He has resigned Berger, Asiata, and Tom Johnson all of them have been an critical part of the team.

He also signed Newman who turned out rather well this year.

FA 2016

He signed Griffin who may be the man we need for the job at safety but Ricky just signed him to a one year deal so it is no big deal if he doesn't produce. He signed Boone who is the best FA this year for us and should be a huge upgrade. He resigned all the important FA players this year from our team.

The only headscratcher was Sendejo but his contract is really only one year, nothing is guaranteed, I believe. So Ricky has missed a few in FA but he has hit a few too and our team is built by him and Zimmer. Most like our roster and feel we are a few players away from super bowl contention. That doesn't happen on accident brotha!!

He may have missed a few in the draft but he has drafted well also. he drafted Rhodes, Smith, Waynes, Barr, Kendricks, Griffin, Hunter, Robison, Cole, Walsh, Kalil, Diggs, Fusco, Loadholdt, Rudolph, Ellison, Cole, McKinnon and Bridgewater. That doesn't include many of the special teams players who are studs and may break the starting lineup in a few years.

MaxVike
03-17-2016, 08:29 PM
WRONG!! While all GM's make mistakes Ricky has also done a very good job getting in people who can play and keeping players who can still get it done.

He signed then unheralded Everson Griffin to a big contract while letting Jared Allen walk. Most GMs would have tried to sign Allen, now Ricky is looking pretty good. He brought in Linval Joseph (great move) and Captain, both are good moves while Captain had a hard time two years ago he rebounded and was pretty good last year in the slot.

He has resigned Berger, Asiata, and Tom Johnson all of them have been an critical part of the team.

He also signed Newman who turned out rather well this year.

FA 2016

He signed Griffin who may be the man we need for the job at safety but Ricky just signed him to a one year deal so it is no big deal if he doesn't produce. He signed Boone who is the best FA this year for us and should be a huge upgrade. He resigned all the important FA players this year from our team.

The only headscratcher was Sendejo but his contract is really only one year, nothing is guaranteed, I believe. So Ricky has missed a few in FA but he has hit a few too and our team is built by him and Zimmer. Most like our roster and feel we are a few players away from super bowl contention. That doesn't happen on accident brotha!!

He may have missed a few in the draft but he has drafted well also. he drafted Rhodes, Smith, Waynes, Barr, Kendricks, Griffin, Hunter, Robison, Cole, Walsh, Kalil, Diggs, Fusco, Loadholdt, Rudolph, Ellison, Cole, McKinnon and Bridgewater. That doesn't include many of the special teams players who are studs and may break the starting lineup in a few years.

:clap: thank you !!!!!

JPPT1974
03-17-2016, 11:32 PM
Just hope that Teddy will get better. It has been two years and he needs to really throw more accurately. Not just deep throws.

MaxVike
03-18-2016, 10:18 AM
:clap: thank you !!!!!

Let me add some analysis from Walter Football... walterfootball.com

Vikings sign OT Andre Smith (1 year, $3.5 million): A+ Grade
The dichotomy between the good and bad teams in the NFL is startling, and it's very evident why there's such a difference between the have and the have-nots based on the two signings today. Whereas the inept 49ers added a bad lineman to a 3-year contract worth almost $12 million, the Vikings, a franchise that has been on the rise, inked a much better player to a smaller deal.

Like Beadles, Smith struggled last year, but he has a much greater history of high-level play. Just 29, Smith is unlikely to be finished, so he's definitely a candidate to rebound. The Vikings are taking absolutely no risk with this high-reward signing - only $1 million of it is guaranteed - making this a very easy "A" grade.

Vikings re-sign CB Terence Newman (1 year, $3 million): B+ Grade
Terence Newman seems like he's a billion years old, doesn't he? He's been in the league forever, yet he's still going strong. He'll be back with the Vikings for at least one more year, as he signed a $3 million contract Tuesday afternoon.

Newman is actually 38 (come September), so it's amazing that he's still performing on a somewhat high level. He's obviously not as talented as he used to be, but he's been effective for the Vikings in Mike Zimmer's scheme. He'll regress one of these years, but Minnesota isn't taking any sort of risk with this deal.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#0ucevAHui4k7PtER.99

Vikings re-sign G/OT Mike Harris (1 year, $1.9 million): A Grade
I was worried that Mike Harris would get a huge contract this offseason. Harris had been a reserve tackle for most of his career prior to this past year, when he was thrust into the lineup at guard. He was exceptional at his new position, especially in terms of pass protection. However, given that Harris was a 1-year wonder, giving him a long-term deal with lots of guaranteed money would've been a mistake.

Harris reportedly had some interest from the Giants - and based on their spending this week, they might have given him $100 trillion - but he opted to return to Minnesota to sign a 1-year "prove it" deal. This is a fantastic move by the Vikings, as they're getting back a player who has shown that he can be an exceptional, interior blocker. They'll also be getting Harris at his best; he'll be desperate to prove that he deserves a big contract. And even if Harris fails, the Vikings aren't taking any sort of risk with this deal. There's literally no downside.

Vikings sign G Alex Boone (4 years, $26.8M; $10M guaranteed): A Grade
At first glance, $26.8 million may seem like a ton of money. It's not, though. Just look at the two other prominent guards who signed today:

Texans: Jeff Allen - 4 years, $28 million
Eagles: Brandon Brooks - 5 years, $40 million

Boone is slightly better than Allen and is set to earn a bit less. He's much better than Brooks and will be getting a lot less. Thus, under those conditions, this is a terrific signing.

I'm guessing the Vikings have gotten such a bargain with Boone because he's coming off a slightly down year. Everyone struggled in San Francisco, however, and Boone was considered one of the top guards in the NFL prior to 2015. He's still young (28), so the Vikings are buying low and getting a steal, all while filling a huge hole on their roster. This is an easy "A."

Just to also include negative grade:

Vikings re-sign S Andrew Sendejo (4 years, $14 million): D Grade
I don't understand this whatsoever. The Vikings have said that they want to upgrade the safety position next to Harrison Smith, and this was with Andrew Sendejo on the roster. With that in mind, why would they give a player they don't like very much this sort of contract?

Sendejo isn't completely useless. While he whiffs on tackles, he's a decent backup and a quality special-teamer. However, players like that can be found anywhere and at a much cheaper price. This contract is almost three years and $13 million too much. I don't mind that the Vikings are preserving continuity, but they're paying way too much to do that.

They didn't grade the addition of Michael Griffin, but, seems to me to be a low risk/high reward signing. The player is a proven veteran and he's played for our Defensive Backs coach. Works for me.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#0ucevAHui4k7PtER.99

Breakpoint45
03-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Lol ... really? Because the all time greats made some ugly throws we are supposed to excuse Teddy's regularly ugly throws?

C'mon man ... seriously? You then turn around and talk about his "money" downfield throws ... which I don't really recall ... but act like EVERYBODY doesn't make those occasionally.

Bridgewater makes a TON of ugly throws with his ridiculously low delivery and often happy feet. If you want to blame Wallace's production on Wallace that is fine ... but it is odd that he produced with every QB he played with not named Bridgewater.

BTW ... he is still classless for the way he went about this entire situation.

Can't really recall any "money down field throws"? Here you go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5h85OIr79iPSVlxT2NjSU5GVEU/view