PDA

View Full Version : Bears at Vikings

midgensa
12-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Now this is a special performance from No. 5.

Great game!

12purplepride28
12-20-2015, 02:49 PM
5 TDs from Teddy! Just confirming everything I've thought of him. If we play to his strengths he can be incredible.

MaxVike
12-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Skol Vikings!!!

Great game Teddy! Nice job Zim and Norv.

12purplepride28
12-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Norv has really impressed me these past two games. I'm hoping we are just keeping a lot of our offense under wraps until the playoff push and playoffs come. Whatever is happening I'm glad to see him calling a lot of the short/intermediate passes with quicker passes and non-7 step drops. It's paying dividends right now and I think we can compete with anyone in the league.

Once the playoffs start who knows. Will we win the SB? Probably not. Can we? Hell yeah we can. I have so much trust in Zimmer to get us ready and for whatever comes our way. SKOL Vikings

thorshammer
12-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Today was an example of putting it all together. When we play like this we can play with anybody and I like our chances of winning the game. If we can string a few of these games together we could really do some damage. I hope we get our injured guys back on the D. We seem to be coming together at the right time. Great win today.

JPPT1974
12-21-2015, 12:32 AM
Teddy B is really improving. And winning lots of respect. He is clutch when it counts.

snowinapril
12-21-2015, 03:24 AM
Today was an example of putting it all together. When we play like this we can play with anybody and I like our chances of winning the game. If we can string a few of these games together we could really do some damage. I hope we get our injured guys back on the D. We seem to be coming together at the right time. Great win today.

I know 100% health is not realistic, but having Barr back would help. We have been without a combination of starters on D the last 4 or 5 weeks.

"We aren't a real team, Teddy is not a QB, the team we have beaten are below .500......" blah blah blah.

We are a young team and we are growing.

BTW, I did not get a chance to watch the game today.

digital420
12-21-2015, 03:41 AM
quick throw, touch, 30+ yard laser toss, scramble TD.. and more impressive? more TD tosses(4) then incomplete passes(3)!!! holy shite did TD-Teddy step up!!

the D! man o man.. missing 3 of our best D players.. and we shut them down (until when it didn't matter) giving up 10 points only in the meaningful part of the game.. i can accept that!

WR's.. Diggs is a flat out steal, Wallace showed up! wright, te's and even the rb's getting in the receiving mix.

Dline and Oline.. we won both trenches battles, brob put some spring into his step! and with crighton out.. hunter has stepped it up! no linval? ok that's bad but.. Trat/Johnson made sure we didn't miss a beat, and floyd show'd again he can be a presence in the middle.

i can't wait to see what this Dline is gonna be like when they are all healthy!

coaching.. Zim is a master of D.. enouf said..
Norv.. getting into rythem with what he can and can't do with his qb.. and working AP into that mix is going to be fun as we move forward without HAVING to put that yolk on AP's shoulders, now he and teddy can take turns carrying us to the promised game!

heading into the playoffs i haven't felt this confident since farve's first year with the vikes, dominating D, emerging O.. we're hitting stride @ the right time, and see good things in our future, this year and beyond!

DiGiTaL

C Mac D
12-21-2015, 09:08 AM
5 TDs from Teddy! Just confirming everything I've thought of him. If we play to his strengths he can be incredible.

This is more what people call an "outlier" and not really indicative of a typical Bridgewater performance. You can't ignore his other 14 games, then say "THIS GAME CONFIRMS WHAT I THOUGHT OF HIM!" It doesn't work that way. This sort of game is a rarity with Bridgewater.

Didn't T-Jack have a 4 TD game against the Cardinals once?

Disagree with me all you want, but Bridgewater will probably be gone in a year or two.

12purplepride28
12-21-2015, 09:44 AM
This is more what people call an "outlier" and not really indicative of a typical Bridgewater performance. You can't ignore his other 14 games, then say "THIS GAME CONFIRMS WHAT I THOUGHT OF HIM!" It doesn't work that way. This sort of game is a rarity with Bridgewater.

Disagree with me all you want, but Bridgewater will probably be gone in a year or two.

You didn't address the second half of my quote. I am only saying that my thoughts about his ability are confirmed. This is two weeks in a row he's played very well. Do I think he'll do this every week? Of course not. But what I do believe is that he has the ability to put the team on his back if need be. All it takes is a gameplan designed around his strengths and not trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

RK.
12-21-2015, 10:25 AM

BAH HUMBUG.....

Suick
12-21-2015, 11:57 AM

Two "outliers" in a row is a trend.

C Mac D
12-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Two "outliers" in a row is a trend.

He had two games with 5 TDs? Huh... must have missed the first one.

EDIT: Guessing you meant the 1 TD performance against Arizona? The one where he fumbled on the last play? Sad when we're saying a purely average game is one of his better performances of the year... Oh to be a Vikings fan.

purplehelmut
12-21-2015, 02:46 PM
One game at a time (yes, another cliche for CMac)........Won another that helps toward the attainment of the goal of being a playoff team. One more and we're guaranteed a spot in the tournament if I'm not mistaken. Giants can be a dangerous team, but we should be able to handle them, with or without that psycho Beckham. Hopefully we get another shot at the division against Green Bay, but I think that at the moment they are the better team. CMac likes cliches, so, "on any given Sunday....."

midgensa
12-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Look. Taking this game and saying, "HA, see all you haters all wrong" is the exact problem with defenders of poor quarterback play. They latch on to one or two great games and three or four good games and say that is proof of how great a QB is. The fact is, even Tim Tebow had great games.

I can't complain much about Teddy in the last two weeks. Though, against Arizona he did stall in the Red Zone and, of course, fumble at a crucial moment not just in the game, but in the entire season. But, these two games certainly do not prove any argument about whether or not Teddy is the kind of QB that can go to a Pro Bowl or even be regularly counted on.

I am very happy with these two games and suspect he will be pretty damn good against a suspect Giants defense next week as well. But ALL that will matter is if he can win on the road at Lambeau or at Washington/Arizona. He is going to have to win a road game in one of those houses for us to be one of the final 8 teams this year.

I am happy with Sunday's performance. He may actually be progressing, but a couple of good games does not throw out the 7 or 8 sub par performances.

rockymtdan
12-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Good win over a bad team. IT DOES NOT MAKE US A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER BUT MAYBE WE CAN GET ONE WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS.
I'll try not to be too upset if we loose out but I can say this team has a bright future.
Skol

snowinapril
12-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Adrian's interview after the game in the locker room was all praise for Teddy.

We are up and down like yo-yos from week to week as fans. The players know. They feel comfortable with him and that is what we have for now. The kid is young and he shows promise. I am not giving up on Teddy.

I like how he plays when AP isn't the focus of the game or game plan. When he owns the team, I think his play will get better. Last season, it felt like his team and this year it has felt like AP's team. The last two weeks seems like it is TB's team.

MaxVike
12-21-2015, 06:54 PM

EDIT: Guessing you meant the 1 TD performance against Arizona? The one where he fumbled on the last play? Sad when we're saying a purely average game is one of his better performances of the year... Oh to be a Vikings fan.

Interesting...help us with an indication that you are actually a "fan" vs a constant critic. There doesn't seem to be an official definition for a sports fan, here's a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)

Also, if memory serves me, you complimented Freeney for making a good play post game...now you call it a Teddy fumble. Which, is certainly a fact, but discredits your earlier point.

Re: Teddy, we all know that he is not the next coming of Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Favre, Montana... But, I marvel at how obstinate you are making the point that TB sucks and will be gone in a couple of years vs. acknowledging that our Team has a very good thing going this year and a roster full of young talent. You sir, are in the minority...congrats if you are right, but, I think you are off base re: Spielman, Norv, and Teddy.

Skol Vikings!!!

12purplepride28
12-21-2015, 08:04 PM

If you just look at the stats you're a loser. Teddy consistently had us in position to score and were it not for a couple fumbles he easily could've had a 2-3 TD game depending on whether AP ran it in or not. TD passes are a bad metric IMO. Why would Teddy not get any credit for that first drive where we marched down and AP ran it in? Teddy had a very very good game against arguably the best or 2nd best D in the league in the Cardinals. He also got it to 11 different receivers.

He's now strung together two very good games and not coincidentally these games had competent game plans that actually play to our strengths (intermediate passing game/running game) and weaknesses (OL and go routes, heavily correlated IMO). I am in no way saying that Teddy supporters are vindicated from these last two games. What I am saying is that I was right in believing that Teddy has the ABILITY to carry us when he needs to. That's all I'm saying. He can make all the throws and he is a total GUMP. We are lucky to have him.

midgensa
12-21-2015, 08:17 PM
If you just look at the stats you're a loser. Teddy consistently had us in position to score and were it not for a couple fumbles he easily could've had a 2-3 TD game depending on whether AP ran it in or not. TD passes are a bad metric IMO. Why would Teddy not get any credit for that first drive where we marched down and AP ran it in? Teddy had a very very good game against arguably the best or 2nd best D in the league in the Cardinals. He also got it to 11 different receivers.

He's now strung together two very good games and not coincidentally these games had competent game plans that actually play to our strengths (intermediate passing game/running game) and weaknesses (OL and go routes, heavily correlated IMO). I am in no way saying that Teddy supporters are vindicated from these last two games. What I am saying is that I was right in believing that Teddy has the ABILITY to carry us when he needs to. That's all I'm saying. He can make all the throws and he is a total GUMP. We are lucky to have him.

Yes ... calling people a loser is really cool. I wish I could be as cool as you. Maybe I will be.

Yes, people who defend QBs that have bad stats always say stats don't matter. That is what they did for Ponder and for T-Jack. That is what people have done for years for Alex Smith (who has really become something finally, but you know, I guess we can sit around and wait 7 more years on Teddy). It isn't his fault he sucks, it is the system, or the line, or Adrian Peterson scores the TDs instead of Teddy.

All those are ridiculous arguments. Tom Brady put up numbers with Corey Dillon running wild. Ben Roethlisberger did it with Le'Veon Bell running wild. Peyton Manning did it with Edgerrin James and Joseph Addai running wild. Kurt Warner did it with Marshall Faulk going ape. Using Adrian scoring as reasons that Teddy can't throw touchdowns is, well, something a loser would say.

And ANYBODY who says Teddy can make all the throws is simply delusional, psychotic or a loser. Maybe all three. It is clear that Teddy cannot make all the throws which is why Mike Wallace can put up numbers with Ben Roethlisberger and Ryan Tannehill that he cannot sniff with Teddy. We have all watched enough football here to know that Teddy CANNOT make all the throws. That does not eliminate him from being a good starting QB, but it does eliminate him from making a 65-yard Hail Mary attempt.

Teddy has looked very good the last couple of weeks. That is nice. He still failed to get us in the end zone a few times in Arizona and fumbled at the crucial moment. And he still is in the bottom half of the league in most measurable passing statistics. I like what I have seen, but lets not act like these two weeks puts him anywhere near the top 15 passers in the league, because it doesn't.

BTW ... not knowing all the uses of a word like Gump, well, makes you kind of a Gump.

12purplepride28
12-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Yes ... calling people a loser is really cool. I wish I could be as cool as you. Maybe I will be.

Yes, people who defend QBs that have bad stats always say stats don't matter. That is what they did for Ponder and for T-Jack. That is what people have done for years for Alex Smith (who has really become something finally, but you know, I guess we can sit around and wait 7 more years on Teddy). It isn't his fault he sucks, it is the system, or the line, or Adrian Peterson scores the TDs instead of Teddy.

All those are ridiculous arguments. Tom Brady put up numbers with Corey Dillon running wild. Ben Roethlisberger did it with Le'Veon Bell running wild. Peyton Manning did it with Edgerrin James and Joseph Addai running wild. Kurt Warner did it with Marshall Faulk going ape. Using Adrian scoring as reasons that Teddy can't throw touchdowns is, well, something a loser would say.

And ANYBODY who says Teddy can make all the throws is simply delusional, psychotic or a loser. Maybe all three. It is clear that Teddy cannot make all the throws which is why Mike Wallace can put up numbers with Ben Roethlisberger and Ryan Tannehill that he cannot sniff with Teddy. We have all watched enough football here to know that Teddy CANNOT make all the throws. That does not eliminate him from being a good starting QB, but it does eliminate him from making a 65-yard Hail Mary attempt.

Teddy has looked very good the last couple of weeks. That is nice. He still failed to get us in the end zone a few times in Arizona and fumbled at the crucial moment. And he still is in the bottom half of the league in most measurable passing statistics. I like what I have seen, but lets not act like these two weeks puts him anywhere near the top 15 passers in the league, because it doesn't.

BTW ... not knowing all the uses of a word like Gump, well, makes you kind of a Gump.

I was just referring to what I figured was the common expression of "stats are for losers", most recently said by Belichik a couple years ago IIRC. Wasn't actually using it as any type of real attack on CMacD. Also, I don't really know what you're saying about GUMP. That was Teddy's nickname throughout college and stands for Great Under Major Pressure. So I don't really understand most of your post.

I think stats do matter and I'm the first person to say I don't want a Dilfer type QB. Obviously I'll take whatever gets us to the SB, but I'd rather have it behind a QB that puts up good numbers. All I'm saying is that I believe Teddy CAN put up the numbers, as is evidenced by the past couple games where he has put up good amounts of Yds/Tds.

If you think Teddy CANNOT make the throws then you are simply wrong. I can agree with you that he doesn't make them consistently but saying that he can never make them is just dumb hyperbole. I think he's getting better at longer throws and will continue to improve. In the mean time if Norv keeps calling a gameplan that plays to our offense's strengths we will see strong play from Teddy.

purplehelmut
12-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Teddy can't throw a 65 yard Hail Mary so that makes him a loser. And goodness knows, the Vikings need to throw 65 yard Hail Mary passes a few times every Sunday. A quarterback needs to move the chains and not throw it to the other team. As long as Bridgewater does that he will end up a successful NFL quarterback. There are only a handful of elite quarterbacks in the league, so might as well face the fact we are going to have to win without one. If Bridgewater, a second year QB, continues to develop he will be solid NFL starter. That is all you need to win if the team around him is solid as well. We are in the playoff hunt, a place that has been foreign to the Vikings for most of the last several years. If the whiners and gripers don't want to enjoy it and prefer to look at the negatives, fine. I'm just happy to see the improvement in this team and coaching staff. Makes me forget about the debacles of Chilly and Frazier, which is a good thing.

C Mac D
12-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Teddy can't throw a 65 yard Hail Mary so that makes him a loser. And goodness knows, the Vikings need to throw 65 yard Hail Mary passes a few times every Sunday. A quarterback needs to move the chains and not throw it to the other team. As long as Bridgewater does that he will end up a successful NFL quarterback. There are only a handful of elite quarterbacks in the league, so might as well face the fact we are going to have to win without one. If Bridgewater, a second year QB, continues to develop he will be solid NFL starter. That is all you need to win if the team around him is solid as well. We are in the playoff hunt, a place that has been foreign to the Vikings for most of the last several years. If the whiners and gripers don't want to enjoy it and prefer to look at the negatives, fine. I'm just happy to see the improvement in this team and coaching staff. Makes me forget about the debacles of Chilly and Frazier, which is a good thing.

Or... you know... how about any passing attack whatsoever? If you think we're winning games because of Bridgewater, you're vastly mistaken. We have the 31st ranked passing (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing) attack in the league, 31st ranked receiving (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/receiving), and 5th ranked rushing (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing) attack...

Now do the math. I'll wait.

If you're content with a mediocre quarterback, then so be it. Some of us have honest critiques about his play, other than simply "DURRR... HE CAN'T THROW A 65 YARD HAIL MARY... DURRR." He averages only 7.4 YPA and less than one TD per game. His inability to move the ball has proven to be a hindrance when we are playing from behind. There has been near zero progress from his rookie season.... but we get a hard-on when he throws for 300 yards and 1 TD, yet fumbles to lose the game. That's how bad the QB situation has been in Minnesota since Wilf bought the team. We think that is a hallmark game of our QB... seriously, what the fuck.

And to all the people saying we're winning because of our defense... we have the 27th ranked defense (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense) in the league.

No different than when we went to the playoffs in 2012. We're winning because of Adrian Peterson. Period.

And just like 2012... we'll probably be one and done in the playoffs.

midgensa
12-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Or... you know... how about any passing attack whatsoever? If you think we're winning games because of Bridgewater, you're vastly mistaken. We have the 31st ranked passing (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing) attack in the league, 31st ranked receiving (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/receiving), and 5th ranked rushing (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing) attack...

Now do the math. I'll wait.

If you're content with a mediocre quarterback, then so be it. Some of us have honest critiques about his play, other than simply "DURRR... HE CAN'T THROW A 65 YARD HAIL MARY... DURRR." He averages only 7.4 YPA and less than one TD per game. His inability to move the ball has proven to be a hindrance when we are playing from behind. There has been near zero progress from his rookie season.... but we get a hard-on when he throws for 300 yards and 1 TD, yet fumbles to lose the game. That's how bad the QB situation has been in Minnesota since Wilf bought the team. We think that is a hallmark game of our QB... seriously, what the fuck.

And to all the people saying we're winning because of our defense... we have the 27th ranked defense (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense) in the league.

No different than when we went to the playoffs in 2012. We're winning because of Adrian Peterson. Period.

And just like 2012... we'll probably be one and done in the playoffs.

I am obviously with you on Bridgewater. He is mediocre at best. I am hoping these last two games have been an awakening, but I admit that might be dreaming.

As for your 27th in the league defense. That is in tackles. That is a weird stat to use to rank our defense. We are 8th in Points against and we are 13th in Yards allowed. Both are pretty solid. I would say it i fair to call our defense a Top 10 defense based on points and yards. At worst, we are the 13th best defense in the league if you just care about yards and not points.

I do agree though ... Adrian Peterson is the reason we are winning. He controls games even when he is not busting loose. He eats clock. Eats defenses soul. And grinds them down. If we get lucky and get to go to Washington, we have a shot in the playoffs. If we are in Arizona or Green Bay, I don't like our chances at all.

purplehelmut
12-22-2015, 11:18 AM
The point CMac and Midge, our most verbose Bridgewater haters, miss, is Bridgewater is not being asked to carry this offense. Not yet anyway. And that elite QBs are as rare as hen's teeth so we've got to learn how to win with what we've got. Which is hopefully a solid QB that will progress. Jeez, he's in his second year. I couldn't care less how we win. i just want to win. If this year is making the playoffs and losing in the first round, I'm fine with it. It's progress and I think Zimmer will lead us to where we want to go. So you Teddy bashers need to chill and realize that this team is headed in the right direction. BTW- who do you want as QB? I'm interested to know. Because you know what? It makes no difference. We've got who we've got so learn to deal with it.

midgensa
12-22-2015, 12:33 PM
The point CMac and Midge, our most verbose Bridgewater haters, miss, is Bridgewater is not being asked to carry this offense. Not yet anyway. And that elite QBs are as rare as hen's teeth so we've got to learn how to win with what we've got. Which is hopefully a solid QB that will progress. Jeez, he's in his second year. I couldn't care less how we win. i just want to win. If this year is making the playoffs and losing in the first round, I'm fine with it. It's progress and I think Zimmer will lead us to where we want to go. So you Teddy bashers need to chill and realize that this team is headed in the right direction. BTW- who do you want as QB? I'm interested to know. Because you know what? It makes no difference. We've got who we've got so learn to deal with it.

Damn, good point.

I guess we should not post about anything. I guess the Texans should not want a new QB because it makes no difference. They've got what they got, so learn to deal with it!

Big talk. I mean, hell you convinced me.

Ponder was in his second year also when he rode AD to the playoffs. I guess we should have never moved on! I mean, we should have just learned how to DEAL WITH IT because, you know, it made no difference. We've got who we've got.

I guess I should just be happy with Sendejo at safety for the next 10 years also. Just deal with it.

All you Bridgewater lovers that love to bash the line need to shut the hell up. We've got who we've got. Deal with it. Teddy can't deal with it, the line is too bad for him to be good. But, you know, he needs to just deal with it!

Typical way people defend things when they can't use numbers, eye test or anything else. They result to, "Just deal with it." It is like when you say a player sucks and someone says, "I would like to see you do better!" Great comeback. Great way to defend your point of view.

C Mac and I can be called haters. We will live with it. I certainly have not always been on the same side as him in arguments and discussions, but according to you, we shouldn't even have discussions, because ... you know ... deal with it!

Great discussion point! You keep backing your point so well! Calling other people haters and pointing out that Bridgewater is allowed to suck because he is in his second year. Great job. All the numbers you have brought to the argument are great! All the proof that he is great, I am overwhelmed. I mean, he did have a couple of good games!

Call us haters. We will live. When he doesn't pan out and we wasted five more years of AD, Harrison Smith, Anthony Barr, Xavier Rhodes, Stefon Diggs, etc. You can jump on the next average QBs nuts and talk about how great 9-10 wins with them is. We will continue to watch our team get bumped in the first round, maybe second if we are lucky.

Meanwhile, current QBs we could have had on our roster if we identified them before someone else include: Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo and Carson Palmer. All of those guys are better than our guy and ALL of them could be Vikings if we had made correct decisions.

We keep failing. That happens. But failing and not fixing QB means we don't have a shot at winning SUPER BOWLS despite having all-time greats continually come through here. We keep sticking with Ponders and Jacksons too long. It will likely be the same with Bridgewater.

Should have sucked for Luck. By far the biggest mistake that Ricky and our ownership ever made.

EDIT: By the way, all you. "We are going the right way and I am fine with losing in the playoffs people" are the same people who thought that 1999, 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2013 were going to BE OUR YEARS because we were BUILDING off of the previous year! How did those season turn out?

purplehelmut
12-22-2015, 02:13 PM
I certainly hope you are not as negative person in other aspects of your life. That would be sad. I'm dealing with reality. Your bitching and moaning about Bridgewater isn't going to change the fact that he's the QB. I've got no real problem if you don't like him, but it gets monotonous after awhile. It ceases to be a productive discussion if you never have anything positive to say about the kid or if you never back it off for a minute. For the record, I'm not sold on Bridgewater, but I do support him because I think he shows the potential to be a solid starter. You can't even concede that point. You can't concede the point that Bridgewater isn't asked to throw up big numbers because that is how the team is built right now. All you can point to is the stats and he fumbled the ball. Take a chill pill, your blood pressure is gonna cause you to pop an O-ring.

tastywaves
12-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Damn, good point.

I guess we should not post about anything. I guess the Texans should not want a new QB because it makes no difference. They've got what they got, so learn to deal with it!

Big talk. I mean, hell you convinced me.

Ponder was in his second year also when he rode AD to the playoffs. I guess we should have never moved on! I mean, we should have just learned how to DEAL WITH IT because, you know, it made no difference. We've got who we've got.

I guess I should just be happy with Sendejo at safety for the next 10 years also. Just deal with it.

All you Bridgewater lovers that love to bash the line need to shut the hell up. We've got who we've got. Deal with it. Teddy can't deal with it, the line is too bad for him to be good. But, you know, he needs to just deal with it!

Typical way people defend things when they can't use numbers, eye test or anything else. They result to, "Just deal with it." It is like when you say a player sucks and someone says, "I would like to see you do better!" Great comeback. Great way to defend your point of view.

C Mac and I can be called haters. We will live with it. I certainly have not always been on the same side as him in arguments and discussions, but according to you, we shouldn't even have discussions, because ... you know ... deal with it!

Great discussion point! You keep backing your point so well! Calling other people haters and pointing out that Bridgewater is allowed to suck because he is in his second year. Great job. All the numbers you have brought to the argument are great! All the proof that he is great, I am overwhelmed. I mean, he did have a couple of good games!

Call us haters. We will live. When he doesn't pan out and we wasted five more years of AD, Harrison Smith, Anthony Barr, Xavier Rhodes, Stefon Diggs, etc. You can jump on the next average QBs nuts and talk about how great 9-10 wins with them is. We will continue to watch our team get bumped in the first round, maybe second if we are lucky.

Meanwhile, current QBs we could have had on our roster if we identified them before someone else include: Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo and Carson Palmer. All of those guys are better than our guy and ALL of them could be Vikings if we had made correct decisions.

We keep failing. That happens. But failing and not fixing QB means we don't have a shot at winning SUPER BOWLS despite having all-time greats continually come through here. We keep sticking with Ponders and Jacksons too long. It will likely be the same with Bridgewater.

Should have sucked for Luck. By far the biggest mistake that Ricky and our ownership ever made.

EDIT: By the way, all you. "We are going the right way and I am fine with losing in the playoffs people" are the same people who thought that 1999, 2001, 2005, 2010 and 2013 were going to BE OUR YEARS because we were BUILDING off of the previous year! How did those season turn out?

Quite a rant their Midge, I think your going a bit overboard in trying to convince us that Teddy is not going to make it in this league.

I doubt even you believe this statement:
"Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo and Carson Palmer. All of those guys are better than our guy and ALL of them could be Vikings if we had made correct decisions."

Only 3 of them have proven that they can help their teams win a SB. The rest are just journeyman or unproven young guys who have yet to show they are worthy of enabling their teams to win a SB. Saying we would be better off with guys like Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins is taking a pretty big leap. Unless you can dress them in purple surrounded by the same teammates and coaching staff your simply taking circumstantial stats and making some wild interpolations. You could probably go on many of those fansites and see their own Midge's and CMac's making the same claims about those guys.

midgensa
12-22-2015, 03:11 PM
I certainly hope you are not as negative person in other aspects of your life. That would be sad. I'm dealing with reality. Your bitching and moaning about Bridgewater isn't going to change the fact that he's the QB. I've got no real problem if you don't like him, but it gets monotonous after awhile. It ceases to be a productive discussion if you never have anything positive to say about the kid or if you never back it off for a minute. For the record, I'm not sold on Bridgewater, but I do support him because I think he shows the potential to be a solid starter. You can't even concede that point. You can't concede the point that Bridgewater isn't asked to throw up big numbers because that is how the team is built right now. All you can point to is the stats and he fumbled the ball. Take a chill pill, your blood pressure is gonna cause you to pop an O-ring.

My blood pressure is fine. I am certainly not a negative person.

And you are way off if you say I "can't concede that point." I have conceded that he COULD be a solid starter. But calling him a solid starter right now is inaccurate. I started this ENTIRE THREAD with a positive post about Bridgewater and his play against the Bears.

And you can't concede that Bridgewater is not asked to put up big numbers because HE CAN'T. If they thought he could, they would not be saying, "Nah, we don't need big numbers from the most important position in all of sports."

I will continue to point to the stats lack he is sorely lacking in. I will continue to point to the FACT that he fumbled the ball at the absolute crucial moment against Denver and Arizona. Those are facts. Those are problems, that have REPEATED. You will continue to use the only argument you have ... "You guys are haters!"

midgensa
12-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Quite a rant their Midge, I think your going a bit overboard in trying to convince us that Teddy is not going to make it in this league.

I doubt even you believe this statement:
"Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo and Carson Palmer. All of those guys are better than our guy and ALL of them could be Vikings if we had made correct decisions."

Only 3 of them have proven that they can help their teams win a SB. The rest are just journeyman or unproven young guys who have yet to show they are worthy of enabling their teams to win a SB. Saying we would be better off with guys like Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins is taking a pretty big leap. Unless you can dress them in purple surrounded by the same teammates and coaching staff your simply taking circumstantial stats and making some wild interpolations. You could probably go on many of those fansites and see their own Midge's and CMac's making the same claims about those guys.

Saying that Bridgewater is better than any of those guys (certainly Palmer, Dalton and Romo) is an absolutely ludicrous statement. And, actually, I am on a handful of fansites for those other teams (having a brother that is a Cowboys fan and one that is a Bengals fan and a set of in-laws that love the Cardinals while living in D.C.). You are not going to find a divide on Dalton, Palmer or Romo. Not a serious one. You can find some on Cousins, which is certainly fair. But acting like Bridgewater is better than Cousins is simply, statistically, wrong. His team is certainly inferior to the Vikings.

It is a rant because the people defending Bridgewater right now sound absolutely NO DIFFERENT than those that defended Ponder and Jackson. We know how that turned out.

I like Teddy. I think he could be something. But he gets one more year AT MOST to show us something. Anything past that and he should be discarded quickly. Wasting time with a QB kills franchises and wastes supreme talent. Something the Vikings have been doing for years.

C Mac D
12-22-2015, 03:51 PM

That's the primary issue... I'm not a Teddy "basher" as much as I am a realist who doesn't turn around and say we found our franchise QB after one good performance. I also don't jump for joy after he fumbled away a win in the Arizona game. Actually, I even said it wasn't his fault! In the Arizona game thread, I simply said it was a great play by Freeney.

However, there has been ZERO progress from his rookie season and we have an abyssmal passing offense. That is simply fact. You can sit back and say "well, who do you want..." Well, for one, I would have drafted Derek Carr. But whatever. I also wouldn't have brought in Mike Wallace (along with that contract), who is a situational deep threat at this point in his career... yet we have a QB that can barely throw it 20 yards.

I'm not fine with a one-and-done in the playoffs. I'm tired of having mediocre teams, leading to mediocre draft picks, leading to additional mediocre teams. We're right back where we were in 2012, and we weren't a team "headed in the right direction" at that point either. We simply put together a winning season relying on Adrian Peterson and a shitty passing game.

I really like Zimmer, he's my favorite aspect of the team... but I'm just not sharing your promise for the future of this team. As I said, I'm a realist.

C Mac D
12-22-2015, 03:56 PM

I find it more sad that you're unable to identify valid criticism from negativity... but can't say I'm surprised.

Just to keep tally... the Bridgewater "haters" have been labled as "sad" and "losers." How old are you, purplehelmut?

MaxVike
12-22-2015, 07:30 PM
That's the primary issue... I'm not a Teddy "basher" as much as I am a realist who doesn't turn around and say we found our franchise QB after one good performance. I a

However, there has been ZERO progress from his rookie season and we have an abyssmal passing offense. That is simply fact. You can sit back and say "well, who do you want..." Well, for one, I would have drafted Derek Carr. But whatever. I also wouldn't have brought in Mike Wallace (along with that contract), who is a situational deep threat at this point in his career... yet we have a QB that can barely throw it 20 yards.

I'm not fine with a one-and-done in the playoffs. I'm tired of having mediocre teams, leading to mediocre draft picks, leading to additional mediocre teams. We're right back where we were in 2012, and we weren't a team "headed in the right direction" at that point either. We simply put together a winning season relying on Adrian Peterson and a shitty passing game.

I really like Zimmer, he's my favorite aspect of the team... but I'm just not sharing your promise for the future of this team. As I said, I'm a realist.

I'm not sure how there has been ZERO progress...do you want stats or wins? The fact is, our Vikings are 9-5...and, you are in the vast, overwhelming minority in your POV that our Team is not headed in the right direction. To me, that comment is laughable. Vikes have started 4 rookies on defense and have been starting a rookie RT...and, several other rookies are contributing to a Team headed for the Playoffs.

Offense, Defense, and Special Teams...remember that Marv Levy, Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, and many other great coaches, including our Zimmer, stress winning two of those three.

I completely agree with the assessment and the opinion that Teddy is not and will not be, a "Franchise" QB, however, he is, and will continue to improve due to his approach, work ethic, and the fact that he has established credibility, due to the aforementioned, with the Team. Recent failures, TJoke, and Ponder, failed miserably in these categories and sucked on the field.

I'm also a realist, and anticipated anything from 7-9 to 10-6 this year...with significant improvement. In my view, we've seen that, and, it's been a fun ride so far... I'm optimistic that this coaching staff can lead this Team to the next level... I was not optimistic about the future with the joker you use as your profile picture, nor his successor. Our Team is most assuredly headed in the right direction.

RK.
12-22-2015, 11:45 PM
Just curious....how many people thought we would be 9 and 5 at this point of the season?? Almost no one as I remember. Most said they would be happy if we were 9 and 7 at the end of the year. I think the team is doing really well and with a couple more pieces will be a great team.

purplehelmut
12-23-2015, 09:02 AM
I find it more sad that you're unable to identify valid criticism from negativity... but can't say I'm surprised.

Just to keep tally... the Bridgewater "haters" have been labled as "sad" and "losers." How old are you, purplehelmut?

I can certainly distinguish between valid criticism and negativity. I've even said Bridgewater needs to step it up and understand where he's been lacking. But you guys just keep piling it on and it sounds like a broken record. You're throwing him under the bus way too early in the game. So criticizing him for a game specifically is one thing, piling on and saying he will never be a solid starter is only opinion as it seeks to predict the future. That's negative. Teddy had a bad game due to x and y is criticism. Teddy is a bum and will never be worth a damn is a negative opinion not supported by enough data. I'm not saying you couldn't be correct that he won't pan out- but neither you nor I know whether he will or not. But he has shown the potential to be a successful NFL QB. So the constant bashing just gets irritating. I've never labeled anybody anything on this site, but I do get annoyed with the constant Teddy bashing. My age makes no difference other than I have been a Vikings fan since 1969 and pretty much seen it all and I've been an avid observer of the game all my life. I don't consider myself an expert, but I've seen a little football in my day. I've been right more than I've been wrong in my opinions on talent in the NFL. And I think Zimmer is going to be a special coach and that finally, good things are going to happen with the Vikings. That's why I'm not overly disappointed this season. Now, blow the Giants game and I'm going to be pissed, because we should win that game, thus guaranteeing at least 10-6 and a trip to the playoffs. Which is most definitely an improvement and a step closer to competing for the title.

RK.
12-23-2015, 09:32 AM
Zimmer says that Teddy is his guy and fully supports him and that he is very satisfied with what he does and his potential. That's really enough for me. After all he sees him every day and at practice etc. None of us do. Zim is an up front guy and tells it like it is. Either you trust that or you don't.

C Mac D
12-23-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure how there has been ZERO progress...do you want stats or wins? The fact is, our Vikings are 9-5...and, you are in the vast, overwhelming minority in your POV that our Team is not headed in the right direction. To me, that comment is laughable. Vikes have started 4 rookies on defense and have been starting a rookie RT...and, several other rookies are contributing to a Team headed for the Playoffs.

Offense, Defense, and Special Teams...remember that Marv Levy, Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, and many other great coaches, including our Zimmer, stress winning two of those three.

I completely agree with the assessment and the opinion that Teddy is not and will not be, a "Franchise" QB, however, he is, and will continue to improve due to his approach, work ethic, and the fact that he has established credibility, due to the aforementioned, with the Team. Recent failures, TJoke, and Ponder, failed miserably in these categories and sucked on the field.

I'm also a realist, and anticipated anything from 7-9 to 10-6 this year...with significant improvement. In my view, we've seen that, and, it's been a fun ride so far... I'm optimistic that this coaching staff can lead this Team to the next level... I was not optimistic about the future with the joker you use as your profile picture, nor his successor. Our Team is most assuredly headed in the right direction.

We're trying to discuss Bridgewater's progress... hence why I'm discussing his overall performance outside of W-L, as I've already pointed out we are winning despite Bridgewater and not because of him. If anything, Bridgewater's inability to step-up when it counts is why we have 5 losses... but whatever. Some people will always be content with mediocrity.

C Mac D
12-23-2015, 11:56 AM
I can certainly distinguish between valid criticism and negativity. I've even said Bridgewater needs to step it up and understand where he's been lacking. But you guys just keep piling it on and it sounds like a broken record. You're throwing him under the bus way too early in the game. So criticizing him for a game specifically is one thing, piling on and saying he will never be a solid starter is only opinion as it seeks to predict the future. That's negative. Teddy had a bad game due to x and y is criticism. Teddy is a bum and will never be worth a damn is a negative opinion not supported by enough data. I'm not saying you couldn't be correct that he won't pan out- but neither you nor I know whether he will or not. But he has shown the potential to be a successful NFL QB. So the constant bashing just gets irritating. I've never labeled anybody anything on this site, but I do get annoyed with the constant Teddy bashing. My age makes no difference other than I have been a Vikings fan since 1969 and pretty much seen it all and I've been an avid observer of the game all my life. I don't consider myself an expert, but I've seen a little football in my day. I've been right more than I've been wrong in my opinions on talent in the NFL. And I think Zimmer is going to be a special coach and that finally, good things are going to happen with the Vikings. That's why I'm not overly disappointed this season. Now, blow the Giants game and I'm going to be pissed, because we should win that game, thus guaranteeing at least 10-6 and a trip to the playoffs. Which is most definitely an improvement and a step closer to competing for the title.

If it seems like piling on, maybe it's because we're sick of yet another QB showing the same issues we've seen with every single QB drafted since Wilf bought the team... I feel like a broken record and it's just not sinking in with you.

Anywho, I don't care. Merry Christmas, Vikings fans!

johnkdbr
12-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Wow, it seems like a lot of posters are living in the past. Just because the Vikings have choked in past seasons doesn't mean it will happen this year. We have a solid coaching staff, probably the best young talent in the league, our defense is coming together as a solid unit. & Teddy & our offense is starting to get their groove on. Our offensive line is playing much better, giving Teddy more time in the pocket. & who cares if he doesn't have a strong arm. As long as he gets the ball out quick & is ACCURATE then we move the chains. Look at Tom Brady, rarely do you see him go deep. It's 3 to 5 step drop & boom the ball is out of his hands for an 8-10 yard strike & yards after the catch. Teddy will be a franchise QB. He is very smart & coachable. If we nab a big WR & some depth on the offensive line the Vikes could be really good. I believe we make the playoffs as the conference champs & go deep in the playoffs. Next year will be our year. Plus watch out for Hunter on defense, this kid is going to be special.

C Mac D
12-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Wow, it seems like a lot of posters are living in the past. Just because the Vikings have choked in past seasons doesn't mean it will happen this year. We have a solid coaching staff, probably the best young talent in the league, our defense is coming together as a solid unit. & Teddy & our offense is starting to get their groove on. Our offensive line is playing much better, giving Teddy more time in the pocket. & who cares if he doesn't have a strong arm. As long as he gets the ball out quick & is ACCURATE then we move the chains. Look at Tom Brady, rarely do you see him go deep. It's 3 to 5 step drop & boom the ball is out of his hands for an 8-10 yard strike & yards after the catch. Teddy will be a franchise QB. He is very smart & coachable. If we nab a big WR & some depth on the offensive line the Vikes could be really good. I believe we make the playoffs as the conference champs & go deep in the playoffs. Next year will be our year. Plus watch out for Hunter on defense, this kid is going to be special.

Bless your little heart...

bleedpurple
12-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Look. Taking this game and saying, "HA, see all you haters all wrong" is the exact problem with defenders of poor quarterback play. They latch on to one or two great games and three or four good games and say that is proof of how great a QB is. The fact is, even Tim Tebow had great games.

I can't complain much about Teddy in the last two weeks. Though, against Arizona he did stall in the Red Zone and, of course, fumble at a crucial moment not just in the game, but in the entire season. But, these two games certainly do not prove any argument about whether or not Teddy is the kind of QB that can go to a Pro Bowl or even be regularly counted on.

I am very happy with these two games and suspect he will be pretty damn good against a suspect Giants defense next week as well. But ALL that will matter is if he can win on the road at Lambeau or at Washington/Arizona. He is going to have to win a road game in one of those houses for us to be one of the final 8 teams this year.

I am happy with Sunday's performance. He may actually be progressing, but a couple of good games does not throw out the 7 or 8 sub par performances.

I think it's funny how people complain about Teddy when we are not so far removed from Christian Ponder. Plus, Teddy would have at least 3-4 more td's had people not dropped wide open TD's or had penalties take away TD passes.

Yeah, he's played very conservative but I think it's only a matter of time before he starts playing really well on a regular basis. Mind you he is in a slightly different offense from last year playing under center versus being in shotgun a majority of the time. Lastly, the kid just turned 23 years old a month ago. Give him a break. We all know or did we forget how long it took guys like Eli manning, Drew Brees, Alex Smith and others to become solid QB's.. Hell, even Andrew Luck regressed this year. Peyton had a shitty year his first year in the league. And Russel Wilson was pretty much exactly what Teddy is now until his recent 5 game surge where's he's played outstanding of late.

Teddy not an elite QB by any means, but people on here are acting like he's TJ, Ponder, etc. Neither of them showed anywhere near the poise or accuracy Teddy has... people need to R-E-L-A-X

bleedpurple
12-23-2015, 03:21 PM
That's the primary issue... I'm not a Teddy "basher" as much as I am a realist who doesn't turn around and say we found our franchise QB after one good performance. I also don't jump for joy after he fumbled away a win in the Arizona game. Actually, I even said it wasn't his fault! In the Arizona game thread, I simply said it was a great play by Freeney.

We are eons above where we were in 2012. Younger team, better QB, better all around talent, better coaching staff... there is really no comparison.

bleedpurple
12-23-2015, 03:27 PM
We're trying to discuss Bridgewater's progress... hence why I'm discussing his overall performance outside of W-L, as I've already pointed out we are winning despite Bridgewater and not because of him. If anything, Bridgewater's inability to step-up when it counts is why we have 5 losses... but whatever. Some people will always be content with mediocrity.

That's completely false as he "almost" brought us back against Denver and AZ, brought us back against CHicago, Detroit, and I think there was another game in there somewhere. And... Teddy is the 4th highest rated passer in the NFL down in the 4th quarter. yes, even better than Brady.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14387497/ranking-nfl-most-clutch-quarterbacks

snowinapril
12-25-2015, 01:18 AM

Kirk Cousins, that is a stretch. He could be a one year wonder, he isn't a franchise guy. Really.

Palmer was left for road kill.

Smith is still road kill and to me has less upside.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

midgensa
12-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Kirk Cousins, that is a stretch. He could be a one year wonder, he isn't a franchise guy. Really.

Palmer was left for road kill.

Smith is still road kill and to me has less upside.

Anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Who said any of these guys were franchise guys?

All I said was they are all better than Bridgewater. And right now, they are. Most have them have careers that are better than his longterm. But ALL of them on that list are playing QB at a higher level than Teddy Brdigewater this season.

Would I trade Teddy for Kirk Cousins? Nope. Would the Redskins trade Kirk Cousins for Teddy? I would venture to say ... nope.

JPPT1974
12-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah as really they all are. But T.B. did play awesome last weekend.

bleedpurple
12-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Who said any of these guys were franchise guys?

All I said was they are all better than Bridgewater. And right now, they are. Most have them have careers that are better than his longterm. But ALL of them on that list are playing QB at a higher level than Teddy Brdigewater this season.

Would I trade Teddy for Kirk Cousins? Nope. Would the Redskins trade Kirk Cousins for Teddy? I would venture to say ... nope.

Comments like this are a stretch!! Kirk cousins?? Really? Drew Bree's, Brady? Rodgers?? C'mon man. So many people passed in theses dudes and this kind of hindsight is 20/20. Cousins is a decent ab but he's been in the league longer and for goodness sake, except for the past 8 games he was averaging 2 picks a game. Teddy is 23 years old and only started like 20 games. People piling up on him is ridiculous. Teddy is the best qb we've had since Brett favre and culpepper. Plus he's clutch when it counts.