PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day

RK.
11-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Today is the day we find out who the Vikes are and if we have a shot at the title. :clap: Can't wait.

thorshammer
11-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Officiating terrible in the first half. Bridgewater hit in the head an facemask no call. Rodgers gets touched and gets the call for roughing the passer. The officials are sucking so far. Hope we get some breaks in the second half. GB got all theirs in the first.

C Mac D
11-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Bridgewater just isn't a good quarterback and this game proved why.

The Peterson fumble didn't help either, but Bridgewater's ineptness is why we are going to lose this game.

This is exactly what I expected to happen verses teams with winning records.

jargomcfargo
11-22-2015, 07:58 PM
The same old Vikings. They lost in all three phases of the game. Unfortunately, they beat themselves. The coaching could have been better, but the players were amped up and beat themselves.

tarkenton10
11-22-2015, 08:35 PM

The Peterson fumble didn't help either, but Bridgewater's ineptness is why we are going to lose this game.

This is exactly what I expected to happen verses teams with winning records..

You have finally brought me to your side, the Vikings SUCK!!! Another big game choke by this team. They lost once again to a less talented team in prime time. They were also out coached. We will have another decade like the nineties, we will have a good team and lose games and get outcoached when we should win. The only difference is we will have a great D and a suck ass O, instead of a kick ass O and a sucky D. I am so tired of watching these ass hats play like shit whenever they see green and gold. They always soil their panty liners as soon as they see those colors, you would think at some point they would get tired of being Aaron Rodgers bitches!!

thorshammer
11-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Today was very disappointing. D did not play up to their usual level. I think they were too hyped up for the game. The O Line was horrific. That is our biggest weakness. Teddy was getting killed but still had a better day than Rodgers. Teddy went 25 of 37 for 296. The loss was not his fault. Adrian danced to much. He needs to get back to north south running. The Pukers just played more fired up football today. We did not match their intensity. It's a shame. It should have been a different outcome.

RK.
11-23-2015, 12:43 AM
The OLine is our main problem. Teddy under pressure all day and getting sacked. AD dances cause there just are no holes for him to run through, Until the Oline gets fixed we are just a better than average team. We can beat the average teams but even if we make the play offs we will not go to far I am afraid. We simply need another year of building. Teddy threw some nice passes today even though he was running for his life most of the time. The pocket just collapses on him.

C Mac D
11-23-2015, 08:40 AM
The OLine is our main problem. Teddy under pressure all day and getting sacked. AD dances cause there just are no holes for him to run through, Until the Oline gets fixed we are just a better than average team. We can beat the average teams but even if we make the play offs we will not go to far I am afraid. We simply need another year of building. Teddy threw some nice passes today even though he was running for his life most of the time. The pocket just collapses on him.

Figured someone would bring up the O-Line as the problem, as that's what Zimmer indicated was the problem... but Bridgewater was the main problem, whether he was under pressure or not. He simply holds on to the ball for too long and seems lost if his first read is covered. It was embarrassing to watch as a fan.

And this game made me hate Rudolph even more. The way he ran to the end-zone with the football in his hand, not protected at all... is he showboating? A week after dropping two TD passes? Grow the f*ck up. Wish he would spend less time designing his sleeve tattoo and more time practicing... typical Notre Dame d-bag.

purplehelmut
11-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Yep, let's blame the QB. Didn't matter he was sacked 6 times and he was heavily pressured all day. Didn't matter that the Vikings ran all of 18 times. Didn't matter that Peterson had 13 carries for a whopping 45 yards. Didn't matter that our normally good defense was thoroughly outplayed and gave Lacy 100 yards on 22 carries and James Jones 109 yards on 6 catches. Didn't matter that the special teams gave up a 70 yard return and missed an XP. Didn't matter that we had 8 penalties for over 100 yards. Didn't matter that the defense gave up two TDs on third down. Didn't matter that TOP and Total Net Yards were almost identical. It was that worthless Bridgewater's fault. He's a bum! 25 of 37 for 296 and a TD with no INTs? Fookin' horrible. Loser. In reality, this game was lost because the Vikings failed to control the LOS on both sides of the ball, we gave up too many big plays on defense, and got penalized 8 times. Sure wasn't anything Bridgewater did or did not do.

midgensa
11-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Figured someone would bring up the O-Line as the problem, as that's what Zimmer indicated was the problem... but Bridgewater was the main problem, whether he was under pressure or not. He simply holds on to the ball for too long and seems lost if his first read is covered. It was embarrassing to watch as a fan.

And this game made me hate Rudolph even more. The way he ran to the end-zone with the football in his hand, not protected at all... is he showboating? A week after dropping two TD passes? Grow the f*ck up. Wish he would spend less time designing his sleeve tattoo and more time practicing... typical Notre Dame d-bag.

GREAT POST.

Bridgewater gets sacked plenty of times because at the end of his drop the ball is not out. Period. He makes one damn read and that is it. He has NO zip on the ball. Have any of you watched other NFL QBs throw the ball? He doesn't have it.

And I was pissed at Rudolph on the first TD as well. He looked like a tool doing that. I am still OK with his play for the day though. And he also was WIDE OPEN on the other ball Teddy didn't have the arm for.

All that said, I was pretty happy with Teddy's play overall. Our problem yesterday was not the offense as much as the fact that Green Bay exploited something that we have had a problem with all year ... STOPPING THE RUN.

We knew we were not getting through this tough stretch unscathed ... it will be very interesting to see how this team can bounce back next week against and average team on the road.

midgensa
11-23-2015, 11:24 AM

And lets remember, our line still grades in the top half of the league.

At least three of his sacks yesterday were because when the ball was supposed to be out it wasn't. Though, I will admit our line got handled pretty well yesterday. It is still a weak excuse for a QB who simply does not regularly make plays. His throw(s) to Kyle were money yesterday though and leave a glimmer of hope.

vikesrgreat2
11-23-2015, 11:24 AM
A couple of comments seem to be in order regarding this game:

1. The Vikings had 8 penalties for 110 yards. These penalties gave Green Bay 3 more first downs. Excluding these 3 first downs, both teams had the same number of first downs (16).

2. Green Bay ran the football 34 times, or more than twice as often as Minnesota (16 runs).
Time of possession was really close between the teams.

Had the Vikings not abandoned the run so quickly (even when they were behind), they would have been able to dominate time of possession. This would also have given AD a chance to break a long run or two. I think the Vikings play the best when AD runs the ball 20 to 30 times a game. !3 rushes is not enough!

The penalties, while exasperating, are very correctable mistakes. When the Vikings were winning 5 games in a row, they did not commit many penalties at all. I agree with the people on this thread that the players seemed too "hyped up" for this game. The head-butting by Patterson and the personal foul on Joseph were particularly unnecessary.

To beat Atlanta (who's struggling now), I think the Vikings need to return to the commitment to running the football, and to keep their emotions in check to not commit those unnecessary penalties. If they do those 2 things, I think they have a very good chance to beat the Falcons. 7-3 is nothing to cry about! SKOL VIKINGS!

C Mac D
11-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Yep, let's blame the QB. Didn't matter he was sacked 6 times and he was heavily pressured all day. Didn't matter that the Vikings ran all of 18 times. Didn't matter that Peterson had 13 carries for a whopping 45 yards. Didn't matter that our normally good defense was thoroughly outplayed and gave Lacy 100 yards on 22 carries and James Jones 109 yards on 6 catches. Didn't matter that the special teams gave up a 70 yard return and missed an XP. Didn't matter that we had 8 penalties for over 100 yards. Didn't matter that the defense gave up two TDs on third down. Didn't matter that TOP and Total Net Yards were almost identical. It was that worthless Bridgewater's fault. He's a bum! 25 of 37 for 296 and a TD with no INTs? Fookin' horrible. Loser. In reality, this game was lost because the Vikings failed to control the LOS on both sides of the ball, we gave up too many big plays on defense, and got penalized 8 times. Sure wasn't anything Bridgewater did or did not do.

You're right, all of that matters... however, we were never able to mount a comeback when our QB was completely unwilling to get rid of the ball, rather than take losses of 6, 10, 18 yards (just to name a few).

Yes, let's just complain that there was pressure and take all responsibility away from the QB. Pretty sure that's what fans have done for every single Spielman-drafted QB, ever. (because none of his QB's have ever worked out in the NFL... ever)

Leafman
11-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Ha. Well the only thing proven besides the fact that the Vikings OLine is very bad is that some posters here are ... lost.

Teddy had 26 QB pressures. 26!! And still completed 68% of his passes for 296 yards and a rating over 100. Plus he ran for 2 drive-sustaining 1st downs when protection completely broke down. He was the bright spot of the Viking effort on the offensive side of the ball (besides Rudolph actually having a decent game).

With comments like what midge and CMacD posted above, it's clear there is no point in debating QB play any more on this forum, the bias is so obvious it's laughable.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

midgensa
11-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Ha. Well the only thing proven besides the fact that the Vikings OLine is very bad is that some posters here are ... lost.

Teddy had 26 QB pressures. 26!! And still completed 68% of his passes for 296 yards and a rating over 100. Plus he ran for 2 drive-sustaining 1st downs when protection completely broke down. He was the bright spot of the Viking effort on the offensive side of the ball (besides Rudolph actually having a decent game).

With comments like what midge and CMacD posted above, it's clear there is no point in debating QB play any more on this forum, the bias is so obvious it's laughable.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

The bias is so obvious ... from you and the Teddy brainwashed. You guys constantly spin everything to your advantage to try and argue that 210 yards per game and 8 TDs is a good thing.

When the other guys in the discussion put up numbers, it is because they are "on a team that is behind, they have to pass. That is why they get numbers!" But, when Teddy puts up numbers in the EXACT SAME playing from behind situation, "He was great, the rest of the team sucked!" Just spinning excuses to ignore data.

When Teddy is 7-2, the argument is "he is winning, nothing else matters. The other guys don't have as many wins." Despite the fact that those other guys play on teams that are significantly less talented than the Vikes (the Jags have one of the 5 youngest offenses in the league ever), this argument is constantly made. But when Bridgewater loses ... nope. Doesn't matter. Wasn't his fault. Gets credit for the wins, by the defense, and doesn't get credit for the loss, when only scoring 13 points.

And oh god ... the Oline crybabies. Our Oline consistently ranks between 13-20. The other guys in the discussion consistently rank between 15-30. Their lines are worse. I don't care how shitty a OL is. You can't take an 18-yard loss ever. Ever.

And of course the eye test. Do you watch Carr rip throws? Do you watch Carson Palmer rip throws? Do you watch Cam Newton rip it. And for the love of god, do you see the way Aaron Rodgers throws a ball? Teddy can't rip it. Which would be OK if he has shown some sort of ability like Drew Brees to throw 20 yards with touch consistently, but he hasn't.

Keep your blinders on. Keep calling Teddy the "best under-25" in the game. As long as he is losing HOME GAMES to DIVISION RIVALS while playing on a team that is good enough to be 7-3, then he simply is a middle-of-the-pack, ho hum QB ... and he has never shown us ANY reason to think he is more than that or developing to be more than that.

purplehelmut
11-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Let me pose a question to all you "Teddy holds on to the ball too long" guys: Would you rather he take a sack or two or throw an interception? I think it is laughable to call out the QB when he is literally pressured every time he goes to pass. A time or two on him? Sure. But I do not want the picks.

C Mac D
11-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Let me pose a question to all you "Teddy holds on to the ball too long" guys: Would you rather he take a sack or two or throw an interception? I think it is laughable to call out the QB when he is literally pressured every time he goes to pass. A time or two on him? Sure. But I do not want the picks.

It's also laughable to take all blame off the QB because he's under pressure. There has been no development from Bridgewater at all, despite our OL being ranked in the top-half of the league.

I don't want INT's either, but to continually take sacks (was the final count 6 or 7?) is just as bad as one or two INTs.

To be honest, I'm not concerned if anyone disagrees with me. It's a moot point. We're still in a good position to make the playoffs, but we're not a team built to go very far. So it is what it is. Blame whoever/whatever you want.

PInfante97
11-23-2015, 02:58 PM

This is exactly what I expected to happen verses teams with winning records.

Teddy Bridgewater 25/37 for 296 yards, 1 touchdown, and 0 interceptions. Teddy did all of this while Under Siege. If you think Teddy is the problem you are either just looking to pick on the guy or totally clueless. Sorry for being so brash but its just true. Teddy got hit so many times Im surprised a black lives matter rally didnt break out.

midgensa
11-23-2015, 03:10 PM
Teddy Bridgewater 25/37 for 296 yards, 1 touchdown, and 0 interceptions. Teddy did all of this while Under Siege. If you think Teddy is the problem you are either just looking to pick on the guy or totally clueless. Sorry for being so brash but its just true. Teddy got hit so many times Im surprised a black lives matter rally didnt break out.

I don't see too many people saying Teddy was THE PROBLEM yesterday. But he certainly was not the solution.

And if you think 8 TD passes in 10 games and 210 yards per game is a Top 20 QB in the NFL, then you are totally clueless. Sorry for being so brash, but it is just true.

PInfante97
11-23-2015, 04:26 PM
I don't see too many people saying Teddy was THE PROBLEM yesterday. But he certainly was not the solution.

And if you think 8 TD passes in 10 games and 210 yards per game is a Top 20 QB in the NFL, then you are totally clueless. Sorry for being so brash, but it is just true.

He's 23 years old. Minus 2009 he is the best we have had since Culpepper. Lets give this guy a few years to develop he certainly isnt stopping us from winning. The entire team is so young and will get better over the next few years just by gaining experience. The fact that we are 7-3 this year is just bonus we really werent expected to be as good as we are. If we get to the playoffs this year is a success and we will continue to build on that as we grow. Plus if we get to the playoffs anything can happen 2 very average NY Giants teams won super bowls in the past decade. ya never know. but seriously... hes 23 cut him some slack there are a few other areas of concern to be worried about. Im just glad with the way he was protected that they didnt have to scrap him off the field yesterday cause shaun hill is terrible.

Everyone is overreacting, lets go get a win this week and the world is back in order. This isnt a T jack or Ponder type of issue. Teddy can play in this league.

Leafman
11-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Methinks they doth protest too much.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

midgensa
11-23-2015, 05:25 PM
He's 23 years old. Minus 2009 he is the best we have had since Culpepper. Lets give this guy a few years to develop he certainly isnt stopping us from winning. The entire team is so young and will get better over the next few years just by gaining experience. The fact that we are 7-3 this year is just bonus we really werent expected to be as good as we are. If we get to the playoffs this year is a success and we will continue to build on that as we grow. Plus if we get to the playoffs anything can happen 2 very average NY Giants teams won super bowls in the past decade. ya never know. but seriously... hes 23 cut him some slack there are a few other areas of concern to be worried about. Im just glad with the way he was protected that they didnt have to scrap him off the field yesterday cause shaun hill is terrible.

Everyone is overreacting, lets go get a win this week and the world is back in order. This isnt a T jack or Ponder type of issue. Teddy can play in this league.

So can Alex Smith. But he is not likely to win a Super Bowl.

I like Teddy. I think we can win with him (as we have shown), but we are going to have a tough time beating the top teams with the top QBs because I don't think he can keep up with them.

And relative to this thread ... I still am not convinced he is better than any of the other 5 under-25 starters in this league right now. Statistically, he has certainly done very little to show otherwise.

PInfante97
11-23-2015, 05:29 PM
So can Alex Smith. But he is not likely to win a Super Bowl.

I like Teddy. I think we can win with him (as we have shown), but we are going to have a tough time beating the top teams with the top QBs because I don't think he can keep up with them.

And relative to this thread ... I still am not convinced he is better than any of the other 5 under-25 starters in this league right now. Statistically, he has certainly done very little to show otherwise.

is it fair to say that considering his age he is likely to get better and deserves our time investment in seeing how good he can develop to be? lets keep in mind derek carr is a year and a half older then him.

Suick
11-23-2015, 06:19 PM
The bias is so obvious ... from you and the Teddy brainwashed. You guys constantly spin everything to your advantage to try and argue that 210 yards per game and 8 TDs is a good thing.

When the other guys in the discussion put up numbers, it is because they are "on a team that is behind, they have to pass. That is why they get numbers!" But, when Teddy puts up numbers in the EXACT SAME playing from behind situation, "He was great, the rest of the team sucked!" Just spinning excuses to ignore data.

When Teddy is 7-2, the argument is "he is winning, nothing else matters. The other guys don't have as many wins." Despite the fact that those other guys play on teams that are significantly less talented than the Vikes (the Jags have one of the 5 youngest offenses in the league ever), this argument is constantly made. But when Bridgewater loses ... nope. Doesn't matter. Wasn't his fault. Gets credit for the wins, by the defense, and doesn't get credit for the loss, when only scoring 13 points.

And oh god ... the Oline crybabies. Our Oline consistently ranks between 13-20. The other guys in the discussion consistently rank between 15-30. Their lines are worse. I don't care how shitty a OL is. You can't take an 18-yard loss ever. Ever.

And of course the eye test. Do you watch Carr rip throws? Do you watch Carson Palmer rip throws? Do you watch Cam Newton rip it. And for the love of god, do you see the way Aaron Rodgers throws a ball? Teddy can't rip it. Which would be OK if he has shown some sort of ability like Drew Brees to throw 20 yards with touch consistently, but he hasn't.

Keep your blinders on. Keep calling Teddy the "best under-25" in the game. As long as he is losing HOME GAMES to DIVISION RIVALS while playing on a team that is good enough to be 7-3, then he simply is a middle-of-the-pack, ho hum QB ... and he has never shown us ANY reason to think he is more than that or developing to be more than that.

OK...........

Bridgewater is not A Roge. We can all agree on that (I think). But, he's the best QB we've had since, sadly...............Favre. We are 7-3 and playoff bound. I'll call that a win compared to the shit teams we've fielded the past few years.

PS. The refereeing was putrid which I think is league wide when it comes to PI calls. Offense gets away with murder while the CB's can't breath on them. The 50 yd PI call was a joke. The Wr turned around and climbed up the back of Newman and he got called.

C Mac D
11-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Let's not forget we made the playoffs in 2012 in similar fashion... great running game, sub-par QB play and decent defense against teams with losing records.

PurplePowerPunch
11-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Play-calling........that is all.

C Mac D
11-23-2015, 06:52 PM

I'll be totally honest, I didn't pay attention to the stats. I was busy watching the game and will admit those stats look better than I expected... However, they're just stats. Watching the game told a different story than those meaningless numbers indicate.

12purplepride28
11-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Damn, this place is very doom and gloom. Not that it's a surprise or anything, but things are not as bad as you guys make it seem. Bridgewater isn't even close to terrible and he played very well yesterday. I'd encourage you guys to look at the All-22 footage (here is a good breakdown of the footage against the Raiders, going play by play https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/3tagev/a22_and_ez_of_every_bridgewater_dropback_in_week/) and see that Teddy holds on to the ball so much because there is NO ONE open downfield. Throwing it away isn't always an option and when you have a 2 second collapse in the pocket there's not a lot you can expect.

We got beat by a team with a future HOF QB and one of the best in the league. We are still 7-3 with an incredible coach, a promising QB/WR combo in Teddy/Diggs, and our defense is absolutely littered with young all pro talent.

PInfante97
11-23-2015, 07:54 PM
I'll be totally honest, I didn't pay attention to the stats. I was busy watching the game and will admit those stats look better than I expected... However, they're just stats. Watching the game told a different story than those meaningless numbers indicate.

the only way you can make that statement is if you had some special camera at the stadium so you could of watched the game on all 22 film. you dont know if our wrs are getting open. I think we got wrs who cant get open on a regular basis is part of the problem.

1 thing we sure dont have is the type of pass catcher that you can just throw it up to when the play breaks down and he can box out and out physical someone. i think that would really help, especially in the red zone.

and although not teddy related as this thread has gone let me just say this:

Cordarrelle Patterson, hes never going to be a WR lets all accept that but can we just throw this dude like 3 screen passes a game and see if he can break one liek when he was a rookie. They need to accept he cant play WR but he sure as shit can be a nitch player and out wiggle someone.

PInfante97
11-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Damn, this place is very doom and gloom. Not that it's a surprise or anything, but things are not as bad as you guys make it seem. Bridgewater isn't even close to terrible and he played very well yesterday. I'd encourage you guys to look at the All-22 footage (here is a good breakdown of the footage against the Raiders, going play by play https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/3tagev/a22_and_ez_of_every_bridgewater_dropback_in_week/) and see that Teddy holds on to the ball so much because there is NO ONE open downfield. Throwing it away isn't always an option and when you have a 2 second collapse in the pocket there's not a lot you can expect.

We got beat by a team with a future HOF QB and one of the best in the league. We are still 7-3 with an incredible coach, a promising QB/WR combo in Teddy/Diggs, and our defense is absolutely littered with young all pro talent.

well said... wow thats great all-22 is that available every week?

VikingMike
11-23-2015, 08:27 PM

We got beat by a team with a future HOF QB and one of the best in the league. We are still 7-3 with an incredible coach, a promising QB/WR combo in Teddy/Diggs, and our defense is absolutely littered with young all pro talent

Lol, I love this post. This is one game, albeit v. the Packers. Not many of us, if any, would have predicted we'd come into this game 7-2 in 1st place. Yes, this was a disappointing loss and we should let off steam. They outplayed us where it counts most, in the trenches. We are obviously not there yet, but I love the upside of this team, starting with the HC on down.

As far as Teddy not having a "slinging" arm, I don't recall Montana having a particularly strong arm. Joe Cool's QB rating his first 5 years, 81.1, 87.8, 88.4, 88.0, 94.0; not what I'd call stellar.

Now I'm not comparing Teddy to one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game, but I am willing to give him some time to improve his pocket awareness and grow with our O line. I really don't know if he will ever get us to the SB, but there are many strong-armed QB's who also haven't been there. I feel confident this coaching staff will get this team back on track.

Leafman
11-23-2015, 09:03 PM

Yep, and it is through study of the All-22 that you will quickly realize two things: 1) most Internet posters don't review the All-22; and 2) those same posters clearly have little clue what they're talking about.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Ted Dibiase
11-23-2015, 09:56 PM
If you're looking Teddy's direction in that loss, I think you need your eyes checked. He wasn't great by any means, but with Tom Brady under center we still lose that game. We couldn't keep Rodgers in the pocket and that resulted in big passes and big penalties. The defense got pushed around in the run game, and the offensive line got destroyed. This isn't ground-breaking stuff.

snowinapril
11-23-2015, 11:13 PM

You have finally brought me to your side, the Vikings SUCK!!! Another big game choke by this team. They lost once again to a less talented team in prime time. They were also out coached. We will have another decade like the nineties, we will have a good team and lose games and get outcoached when we should win. The only difference is we will have a great D and a suck ass O, instead of a kick ass O and a sucky D. I am so tired of watching these ass hats play like shit whenever they see green and gold. They always soil their panty liners as soon as they see those colors, you would think at some point they would get tired of being Aaron Rodgers bitches!!

You aren't listening to the right people. I have more hope! This is the second year of Zimmer and Norv and Teddy. There are a lot of people outside of the Vikings that know football that see something positive. I am willing to let this play out.

We got owned yesterday, we shot ourselves in the foot also.

12purplepride28
11-24-2015, 12:51 AM

Yeah, the user on the Vikings subreddit posts after every game. There's always a ton of great analysis on the sub if you want to check it out for that or the game threads.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Yep, and it is through study of the All-22 that you will quickly realize two things: 1) most Internet posters don't review the All-22; and 2) those same posters clearly have little clue what they're talking about.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Oh yes ... if you don't watch the All-22 you're an idiot. We all remember, you are the man because you have thrown a football in the wind before.

Just so you know, I have downloaded and watched the All-22 for EVERY Vikings game this year as well as about 5 other games per week depending on who I wanted to look at.

I have plenty clue from looking at the tape and the numbers that our QB is not one of the top 20 in the league. There is very little argument you can make otherwise OTHER than the fact that we are 7-3 (which is a valid point).

But that is fine ... the ones who have a problem with Teddy's lack of progress are clearly just idiots. Everyone else is smart. If you don't like Teddy, you are a jerk. If you like Teddy, you are great!

That is pretty much the crux of your argument, because if you bring in numbers, it is difficult to make any argument other than Teddy is simply average at best.

You can keep trying to pull the one stat out here and there to try and make your case (remember when Teddy was 6th in the league in QBR and we had to pretend that is a relevant stat for a week?). You can continue to twist arguments about the other QBs having to pass more, but when Teddy is in the same situation (as he was against the Packers) give it no relevance.

I will continue to just look at the numbers. Watch all the other guys (have you watched Jameis Winston play, seriously?) progress and watch our guy continue to NOT make the plays needed to get us in the end zone.

It seems many have resorted to the, "he is better than T-Jack and Ponder" or "other than 2009, he is the best thing we have had since Culpepper" arguments. Those suck. Doesn't matter if he is better than any other QB we have ever had. All that matters is CAN HE WIN A SUPER BOWL?

I thought maybe he could with a Top 5 defense and it looked like maybe we had that. The reason people are getting upset about this loss is because it is readily apparent that a) We might not have that Top 5 defense yet afterall and b) Teddy has no chance of winning us a shootout against a top tier QB. Those were OBVIOUS on Sunday to anybody who was watching. And that is a problem.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Yeah, the user on the Vikings subreddit posts after every game. There's always a ton of great analysis on the sub if you want to check it out for that or the game threads.

There are hundreds of GREAT subreddit posts every week on every aspect of the game. If people have the time, I highly encourage checking them out.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Lol, I love this post. This is one game, albeit v. the Packers. Not many of us, if any, would have predicted we'd come into this game 7-2 in 1st place. Yes, this was a disappointing loss and we should let off steam. They outplayed us where it counts most, in the trenches. We are obviously not there yet, but I love the upside of this team, starting with the HC on down.

As far as Teddy not having a "slinging" arm, I don't recall Montana having a particularly strong arm. Joe Cool's QB rating his first 5 years, 81.1, 87.8, 88.4, 88.0, 94.0; not what I'd call stellar.

Now I'm not comparing Teddy to one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game, but I am willing to give him some time to improve his pocket awareness and grow with our O line. I really don't know if he will ever get us to the SB, but there are many strong-armed QB's who also haven't been there. I feel confident this coaching staff will get this team back on track.

You ARE comparing him to one of the best ever, and including Montana's first season (when he threw 23 passes) in the argument.

An 88 rating in 1982 is equivalent to about a 102 today. You have to take into account the rest of the league and how it worked at the time. An 88 was VERY good in 1982. It was No. 5 in the league. It is good for 20th in the league right now. So, no, Bridgewater's numbers are NOWHERE NEAR as good as Montana's ... at least in context they aren't.

Context hurts most pro-Teddy arguments though.

tarkenton10
11-24-2015, 10:37 AM
You aren't listening to the right people. I have more hope! This is the second year of Zimmer and Norv and Teddy. There are a lot of people outside of the Vikings that know football that see something positive. I am willing to let this play out.

We got owned yesterday, we shot ourselves in the foot also.

Which has been happening since the seventies (losing big games we are supposed to win), I am officially on the CmacD bandwagon. Those ass Hats choke like a baby on a sucker every big game they are in. They just SUCK and always will!!! Zimmer got owned by a coach without any stars other than Rodgers. They had a formula to follow to beat them and didn't. We will always be the beat down loser of the GB neighborhood, 1-10-1, need I say more.

tarkenton10
11-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Oh yes ... if you don't watch the All-22 you're an idiot. We all remember, you are the man because you have thrown a football in the wind before.

Just so you know, I have downloaded and watched the All-22 for EVERY Vikings game this year as well as about 5 other games per week depending on who I wanted to look at.

I have plenty clue from looking at the tape and the numbers that our QB is not one of the top 20 in the league. There is very little argument you can make otherwise OTHER than the fact that we are 7-3 (which is a valid point).

But that is fine ... the ones who have a problem with Teddy's lack of progress are clearly just idiots. Everyone else is smart. If you don't like Teddy, you are a jerk. If you like Teddy, you are great!

That is pretty much the crux of your argument, because if you bring in numbers, it is difficult to make any argument other than Teddy is simply average at best.

You can keep trying to pull the one stat out here and there to try and make your case (remember when Teddy was 6th in the league in QBR and we had to pretend that is a relevant stat for a week?). You can continue to twist arguments about the other QBs having to pass more, but when Teddy is in the same situation (as he was against the Packers) give it no relevance.

I will continue to just look at the numbers. Watch all the other guys (have you watched Jameis Winston play, seriously?) progress and watch our guy continue to NOT make the plays needed to get us in the end zone.

It seems many have resorted to the, "he is better than T-Jack and Ponder" or "other than 2009, he is the best thing we have had since Culpepper" arguments. Those suck. Doesn't matter if he is better than any other QB we have ever had. All that matters is CAN HE WIN A SUPER BOWL?

I thought maybe he could with a Top 5 defense and it looked like maybe we had that. The reason people are getting upset about this loss is because it is readily apparent that a) We might not have that Top 5 defense yet afterall and b) Teddy has no chance of winning us a shootout against a top tier QB. Those were OBVIOUS on Sunday to anybody who was watching. And that is a problem.

I think Teddy is progressing just not as fast as we would like to see. I like his pocket presence and he has an elusiveness about him. If you are looking to TB for the loss you would be mistaken, look at how many drop backs he had and then look at the pressures, knockdowns and sacks. Watch the game and see that his pocket was collapsing all game. If you look at the film I would say you have plenty of blame to go around as AP stated. I would place the most blame on the lines, offensively that was their worst game or at least one of them. Defensively, the same thing could be said, they should have never let Rodgers get out of the pocket. So if I am going to place blame I would go in order and start with the O-line, D-line, penalties, Coaching (play calling), special teams, then TB.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 11:02 AM
I think Teddy is progressing just not as fast as we would like to see. I like his pocket presence and he has an elusiveness about him. If you are looking to TB for the loss you would be mistaken, look at how many drop backs he had and then look at the pressures, knockdowns and sacks. Watch the game and see that his pocket was collapsing all game. If you look at the film I would say you have plenty of blame to go around as AP stated. I would place the most blame on the lines, offensively that was their worst game or at least one of them. Defensively, the same thing could be said, they should have never let Rodgers get out of the pocket. So if I am going to place blame I would go in order and start with the O-line, D-line, penalties, Coaching (play calling), special teams, then TB.

I never blamed Teddy for the loss. The number one reason for the loss was coaching, plain and simple. We got completely outclassed.

BUT ... Teddy cannot go get the win in situations like that. Great QBs can find a way to win even when the line sucks (see Aaron Rodgers), even when the coaching sucks (see Peyton Manning with Jim Caldwell for crying out loud), and even when the defense sucks (see Eli Manning Super Bowl wins).

Aarond Rodgers WON that game for the Packers. If it was an average QB back there, we hold them on a handful of third downs and have a real shot at winning that game.

That is the difference. I think Teddy is an average starter. I don't see signs to suggest he will be more than that. And average starters don't tend to win Super Bowls. Not impossible, but not a regular occurrence.

PInfante97
11-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I never blamed Teddy for the loss. The number one reason for the loss was coaching, plain and simple. We got completely outclassed.

BUT ... Teddy cannot go get the win in situations like that. Great QBs can find a way to win even when the line sucks (see Aaron Rodgers), even when the coaching sucks (see Peyton Manning with Jim Caldwell for crying out loud), and even when the defense sucks (see Eli Manning Super Bowl wins).

Aarond Rodgers WON that game for the Packers. If it was an average QB back there, we hold them on a handful of third downs and have a real shot at winning that game.

That is the difference. I think Teddy is an average starter. I don't see signs to suggest he will be more than that. And average starters don't tend to win Super Bowls. Not impossible, but not a regular occurrence.

2 things 1 statement and 1 question.

1. Eli Manning had very good defenses no clue what your talking about there.

2. So right now you say scrap Teddy and move on to the next QB? then start ovber? Thats what you want? I just want to make sure I understand what you want to do.

tarkenton10
11-24-2015, 11:44 AM

for three games Aaron looked very, very normal. I don't see signs he will be great either but this loss was a colossal hot mess and everyone had a hand in it. And if you go further TB played better than most on the field that day. Will he be great, will he be average, I don't know that answer but most knowledgeable analysts thought TB played a good game.

Rodgers didn't win that game, it was won in the trenches, Lacy had over a hundred yards. TB was hurried and harassed on almost every drop back. I find it funny Rodgers won the game for the Pack, let's look at some stats.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Aaron Rodgers 16/34 212 6.2 2 0 2-16 83.1 86.9
TEAM 16/34 196 6.2 2 0 2-16 --

Teddy Bridgewater 25/37 296 8.0 1 0 6-48 48.5 100.7

It must be the eye test that allows you to think that Rodgers did such a better job. Again we lost this where you lose most games in the trenches and game planning.

purplehelmut
11-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Gloom and doomers are just funny. If you know anything about football you know a very good and proud team, Green Bay, was in a must-win situation. They were desperate. Desperation and emotion can do good things for a football team. The Vikings were not "owned". Total Net Yards and TOP were very close. Norv gave up on the run way to soon. We did not play well on either side upfront. Penalties did not help. Rodgers pulled out a couple great TD throws in critical situations. The Vikings were probably a bit overconfident and not ready for what they encountered. Zim knew the trap, but the Vikings took some of the cheese. Not unusual for such a young, inexperienced team. Green Bay has been down that road before. Remember R-E-L-A-X? They still have that attitude. The Vikings are on the right track. Gloom and doomers can yelp now, but we're heading in the right direction. How'd you like to be Eagle, Cowboy, Browns, Dolphins, or fans of other truly dysfunctional clubs? Zim knows what he's doing boys.

Suick
11-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Yeah, what he said.....................

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/27384638_640.jpg

C Mac D
11-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Gloom and doomers are just funny. If you know anything about football you know a very good and proud team, Green Bay, was in a must-win situation. They were desperate. Desperation and emotion can do good things for a football team. The Vikings were not "owned". Total Net Yards and TOP were very close. Norv gave up on the run way to soon. We did not play well on either side upfront. Penalties did not help. Rodgers pulled out a couple great TD throws in critical situations. The Vikings were probably a bit overconfident and not ready for what they encountered. Zim knew the trap, but the Vikings took some of the cheese. Not unusual for such a young, inexperienced team. Green Bay has been down that road before. Remember R-E-L-A-X? They still have that attitude. The Vikings are on the right track. Gloom and doomers can yelp now, but we're heading in the right direction. How'd you like to be Eagle, Cowboy, Browns, Dolphins, or fans of other truly dysfunctional clubs? Zim knows what he's doing boys.

Uh huh... love when the realists are called "doom and gloomers." Guess the Vikings are just a few steps from getting back to their Super Bowl winning ways? oh... right...

Who cares about net yards. The score was 30-13.

C Mac D
11-24-2015, 01:02 PM

You don't really need to see all 22 when you only need to see the QB unable (unwilling) to get rid of the ball to take 6 sacks.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 01:16 PM
for three games Aaron looked very, very normal. I don't see signs he will be great either but this loss was a colossal hot mess and everyone had a hand in it. And if you go further TB played better than most on the field that day. Will he be great, will he be average, I don't know that answer but most knowledgeable analysts thought TB played a good game.

Rodgers didn't win that game, it was won in the trenches, Lacy had over a hundred yards. TB was hurried and harassed on almost every drop back. I find it funny Rodgers won the game for the Pack, let's look at some stats.

Aaron Rodgers 16/34 212 6.2 2 0 2-16 83.1 86.9
TEAM 16/34 196 6.2 2 0 2-16 --

Teddy Bridgewater 25/37 296 8.0 1 0 6-48 48.5 100.7

It must be the eye test that allows you to think that Rodgers did such a better job. Again we lost this where you lose most games in the trenches and game planning.

It IS THE EYE TEST. It is the two throws to James Jones on Third Downs that our QB could NEVER make. That is what won the game. He absolutely outplayed Teddy. His QBR (which, remember, everyone around here loved a few weeks ago) destroys Teddy's.

Teddy took what the defense gave him and put up and admirable effort ... Aaron Rodgers took what he needed and won. He didn't make a bunch of meaningless completions. He didn't dump down. He crushed our souls with unreal third down conversions.

If you think Teddy outplayed Aaron Rodgers on Sunday, then you are truly a sad case. Rodgers showed everyone how to go out there and win with an inferior team.

12purplepride28
11-24-2015, 01:16 PM
You don't really need to see all 22 when you only need to see the QB unable (unwilling) to get rid of the ball to take 6 sacks.

Uhhh... That's exactly what the All-22 is for. Did you look at the analysis I posted?

midgensa
11-24-2015, 01:22 PM
2 things 1 statement and 1 question.

1. Eli Manning had very good defenses no clue what your talking about there.

2. So right now you say scrap Teddy and move on to the next QB? then start ovber? Thats what you want? I just want to make sure I understand what you want to do.

1. Eli Manning's defense were not good. One was ranked 7th yards/17th points, the other was ranked 25th points/27th in yards. That second one is not even OK, it is terrible. There is your clue what I was talking about.

2. I don't scrap Teddy at all. I think we might be able to win with him as a second-tier to third-tier QB. I think he is probably about the 20th best QB in the league right now. I am good with that. But the conversation needs to start. If at this point next year, he is still on the 20th best QB, you need to think you have an ALL TIME great defense or you need to move on.

3. I still think Teddy could progress. I am just not wearing blinders. I am not going to say he is better than the other young QBs in the league who are putting up superior numbers just because he is my guy. We have a LARGE sample size on him now. He HAS to progress. It is unlikely at his current level he is good enough to win a Super Bowl. I hope he progresses. I proudly wear my Teddy jersey every week. But, I am also not blind to the fact that, right now, he cannot go out and snatch a victory against a quality opponent. If the team rolls, he will roll, but when a team like Green Bay comes in and manhandles us, he is not good enough to flip it.

PInfante97
11-24-2015, 01:24 PM

and now we can discredit your teddy thoughts moving forward... :rofl:

you definitely need to see all 22 to support your case

VikingMike
11-24-2015, 02:33 PM
You ARE comparing him to one of the best ever, and including Montana's first season (when he threw 23 passes) in the argument.

An 88 rating in 1982 is equivalent to about a 102 today. You have to take into account the rest of the league and how it worked at the time. An 88 was VERY good in 1982. It was No. 5 in the league. It is good for 20th in the league right now. So, no, Bridgewater's numbers are NOWHERE NEAR as good as Montana's ... at least in context they aren't.

Context hurts most pro-Teddy arguments though.

I really wasn't comparing Teddy to Montana; that's completely unfair to do to him. I was simply stating Montana was not known to have had a strong arm, yet he was one of the best QB's of all time. He took whatever the defense gave him...and he had some phenomenal players on his teams as well.

Perhaps we should script the first 15 or 20 plays of each game, like Walsh did. Or maybe we do that now to some extent? It might settle down our guys and get the offense in a rhythm.

purplejokr
11-24-2015, 02:56 PM
I honestly don't understand what the big deal is with this loss. The Packers were and are a better team which is why they won. Sure, they struggled a bit after their hot start but they still have a very good offense which is led by Aaron Rodgers who is arguably the best QB in the game. Their defense came to play and the Vikings ended up losing to a better team. End of story.

As for Bridgewater, he is still developing and he will make better decisions in the future because monster losses because he didn't throw the ball away are unacceptable. If he doesn't make better decisions... The Vikings will draft another QB and begin the process all over again.

Suffice it to say that the Packers are still an elite team with a chance at not just playing in the Super Bowl but winning it. While the Vikings are still figuring out how to play like a playoff team. They are young and they will get super amped and make foolish mistakes (see penalties and sacks for 18 yard losses). I was hopeful that the Vikings would be competitive and perhaps win the game but all of that was predicated on the Packers continuing their slide. Unfortunately, for the Vikings the Packers got their heads together and won the game.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 06:20 PM
I honestly don't understand what the big deal is with this loss. The Packers were and are a better team which is why they won. Sure, they struggled a bit after their hot start but they still have a very good offense which is led by Aaron Rodgers who is arguably the best QB in the game. Their defense came to play and the Vikings ended up losing to a better team. End of story.

As for Bridgewater, he is still developing and he will make better decisions in the future because monster losses because he didn't throw the ball away are unacceptable. If he doesn't make better decisions... The Vikings will draft another QB and begin the process all over again.

Suffice it to say that the Packers are still an elite team with a chance at not just playing in the Super Bowl but winning it. While the Vikings are still figuring out how to play like a playoff team. They are young and they will get super amped and make foolish mistakes (see penalties and sacks for 18 yard losses). I was hopeful that the Vikings would be competitive and perhaps win the game but all of that was predicated on the Packers continuing their slide. Unfortunately, for the Vikings the Packers got their heads together and won the game.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Hitting it on the head on Teddy. He is still developing, but they need to be ready to move on if he doesn't get better. That is pretty much what we are saying here, and everyone acts like we are crazy.

And great points ...The Packers are simply a better team ... and one of the big reasons is they have a Hall of Fame quarterback. They will always be tough to beat with him on their team. Period.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 06:29 PM

BTW ... I totally agree with the Teddy/Diggs assessment. The rising of Diggs has definitely given me hope with Teddy because when a QB and WR click together like these two do, then big things can be on the horizon.

midgensa
11-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Cordarrelle Patterson, hes never going to be a WR lets all accept that but can we just throw this dude like 3 screen passes a game and see if he can break one liek when he was a rookie. They need to accept he cant play WR but he sure as shit can be a nitch player and out wiggle someone.

Also ... this is DEAD ON.

I am sick of them not figuring out a way to get him the ball every now and then. The Rams have figured it out with Austin in a much worse offense.

Zimmer and Norv are very old school ... and I think in some ways it is stifling creativity.

C Mac D
11-25-2015, 10:30 AM
and now we can discredit your teddy thoughts moving forward... :rofl:

you definitely need to see all 22 to support your case

Again, not really. He can still throw the ball away... but yes, the all-22 footage is readily available for everyone to see, myself included. I've watched.

Listen, you can discredit me all you want. I'll continue to watch Bridgewater struggle and listen to excuses on PPO. It's always been that way... except I used to be the one sticking up for T-Jack.

C Mac D
11-25-2015, 10:45 AM
Uhhh... That's exactly what the All-22 is for. Did you look at the analysis I posted?

Yes, and I still think he could have thrown the ball away in a couple of those instances... but whatever. Don't really care anymore. Bridgewater just isn't that great. Use whatever stats you need to make excuses.

tastywaves
11-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Again, not really. He can still throw the ball away... but yes, the all-22 footage is readily available for everyone to see, myself included. I've watched.

Listen, you can discredit me all you want. I'll continue to watch Bridgewater struggle and listen to excuses on PPO. It's always been that way... except I used to be the one sticking up for T-Jack.

I remember those days.

Nothing like a good QB debate to keep the threads moving.

Nothing helps a team out more than an elite QB, unfortunately, there just aren't that many out there.....guess that's what makes them elite?

VikingMike
11-25-2015, 07:18 PM
I remember those days.

Nothing like a good QB debate to keep the threads moving.

Nothing helps a team out more than an elite QB, unfortunately, there just aren't that many out there.....guess that's what makes them elite?

Yeah, we sure would love to have an elite QB, which by its definition means what, top 2? I'm not thinking Teddy will ever be elite, and I have no problem with that. If he can get to 20-25 TDs with half as many INTs, I'd be happy with that, given our run game.

What puzzles me is how he can make a few throws in a drive and score a TD in 5 or 6 plays, and then struggle in decision-making consistently. That's why I suggested scripting the first 15 or 20 plays, or even going to hurry-up or no-huddle more often...gives him less time to think.

What it all comes down to is recognition and reaction to the defense...takes time and experience. None of us knows if Teddy will ever get it, but we sure as hell have our opinions on it.

VikingMike
11-25-2015, 07:21 PM

Seriously? I don't recall that.

But I do remember how you backed Childress.

tarkenton10
12-01-2015, 08:41 AM
It IS THE EYE TEST. It is the two throws to James Jones on Third Downs that our QB could NEVER make. That is what won the game. He absolutely outplayed Teddy. His QBR (which, remember, everyone around here loved a few weeks ago) destroys Teddy's.

Teddy took what the defense gave him and put up and admirable effort ... Aaron Rodgers took what he needed and won. He didn't make a bunch of meaningless completions. He didn't dump down. He crushed our souls with unreal third down conversions.

If you think Teddy outplayed Aaron Rodgers on Sunday, then you are truly a sad case. Rodgers showed everyone how to go out there and win with an inferior team.

You speak out both sides of your mouth one time Rodgers win with an inferior team the next they are a better team. Which is it, or does it just depend on what point you are trying to make. Here is a quote from you just a few quotes after you posted this.

And great points ...The Packers are simply a better team .

It is not a sad case. Rodgers made a few good throws but the game was won and lost in the trenches, maybe you need to understand how the game of football works. If Ad had run for over a hundred yards and we stopped Lacy from getting a hundred yards I would have guaranteed a win. And i will again, if Ad runs for over a hundred yards and Lacy for less, we will win in Lambutt field.