PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Destroy Oakland 30-14: Post Game

12purplepride28
11-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Great game today, we left 10 points on the board between the missed FGs and the TD drop, but we still shut the Raiders "explosive offense" down when it counted. Great win. Zimmer is absolutely killing it with this team and I can't even imagine how good we will be after one more draft where we can get some playmakers and defenders. This is the start of an era guys.

midgensa
11-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Great game today, we left 10 points on the board between the missed FGs and the TD drop, but we still shut the Raiders "explosive offense" down when it counted. Great win. Zimmer is absolutely killing it with this team and I can't even imagine how good we will be after one more draft where we can get some playmakers and defenders. This is the start of an era guys.

This defense is the truth. They come to play. They are disciplined. Fun to watch!

VikingMike
11-15-2015, 07:23 PM
This defense is so much fun to watch. Teams will fear us. Zimmer's done a nice job in a short while. Thank God no more Cover2! Beautiful road win today.

RK.
11-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Finally we can all wear our Vikings jackets and hats etc in public and feel really good about it. For those of us that don't live in MN this is a big deal. Can't wait for next week.

thorshammer
11-15-2015, 09:03 PM
I am so glad we won today. I think this team is for real. I was kind of sick of all the talk about how Oakland was going to win and that we haven't played anybody. This is a tough team. Love it.

snowinapril
11-15-2015, 11:15 PM
What gets me is how we weren't good enough to be favored today but now we are for real.

We didn't kill them. Newman played an awesome game and I hope he got the game ball. Without him, we seriously could have lost that game. That INT in the end zone was critical.

Taking the game as a whole, it was a great game to watch and it was a good test to win on the road against the Raiders, another team that now has a below .500 record.

Next week is our measuring stick.

Record wise, Green Bay, ATL, and Cardinals are the only tough teams on our schedule. Seahawks are losing to AZ right now and could be below .500 along with the other teams that are on our schedule. The Giants and the bears might pop up above .500 by the time we play them.

The cream is going to rise to the top. ;-)

idahovikefan7
11-16-2015, 12:19 AM
This defense is so much fun to watch. Teams will fear us. Zimmer's done a nice job in a short while. Thank God no more Cover2! Beautiful road win today.

+1 on more cover 2!!

This is what a defense is supposed to look like. Couldn't be more happy with what Zimmer has done with this team, especially on defense. It's almost hard to believe seeing the Vikings stop the passing game after so many years of cover 2 and shit secondary play that left every pass wide open it seemed. Much more exciting now that they are attacking the ball at every level. Young, quick, aggressive defense! Definitely been a fun year to to watch.

idahovikefan7
11-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Finally we can all wear our Vikings jackets and hats etc in public and feel really good about it. For those of us that don't live in MN this is a big deal. Can't wait for next week.

+1000000000000!

JPPT1974
11-16-2015, 01:59 AM
Gaining up on the Packers. And on a roll due to T.B. and A.P.!

El Vikingo
11-16-2015, 06:06 AM
This team has dos cojones ,we are the a Top 3 defense in this league,bring Us the fricking packers...the idea of destroying em give me a hardon
I love some Zimmer
Go Vikes!!!!

El Vikingo
11-16-2015, 07:34 AM
Nice to see. Mike (hope everything clicks fine ) and Connor (hope the erectile dysfunction had Been fixed)
Go Vikes!!!

purplehelmut
11-16-2015, 10:07 AM
The formula is working: play great defense, run the ball effectively, limit penalties, and don't turn it over. A formula that has won numerous championships over the decades. The defense is worth price of admission and we are witnessing HOF caliber greatness in Peterson. The young receivers are coming into their own and if Teddy can develop into a true weapon, we will be a force for several years. Huge game next Sunday. I'll be on edge all week waiting for this one. The formula is custom made for whipping this Green Bay team. I hope to see Rodgers eat the turf several times. BTW- how about the hit Smith had on Cooper? Should do stop action photos and put it in the textbook.

Suick
11-16-2015, 11:43 AM
The formula is working: play great defense, run the ball effectively, limit penalties, and don't turn it over. A formula that has won numerous championships over the decades. The defense is worth price of admission and we are witnessing HOF caliber greatness in Peterson. The young receivers are coming into their own and if Teddy can develop into a true weapon, we will be a force for several years. Huge game next Sunday. I'll be on edge all week waiting for this one. The formula is custom made for whipping this Green Bay team. I hope to see Rodgers eat the turf several times. BTW- how about the hit Smith had on Cooper? Should do stop action photos and put it in the textbook.

+1

My only beef was Teddy holding on to the ball too long. His scrambling ability is Tarkenton-esque, but it gonna get him in trouble soon or later. Too many run around like a mad man only to chuck it 20 yds out of bounds. Against better teams we aren't going to be able to afford all those throw-away plays. Yes........... I know its better than an INT, but they are also drive killers to some extent.

Harrison is a head hunter

Can we say now that Mike Wallace officially now a bust ?

tastywaves
11-16-2015, 11:48 AM
So far so good. The basics of football has returned to MN....finally! Block, tackle, play with energy, beat the guy across from you. And don't be afraid to turn up the pressure and force the issue.

This league turns so fast, hard to tell what your going to get week to week...accept the F'n Pats.

Next week outta be good. GB, even with Detroit doing their absolute best to give the game away, still couldn't find a way to win in Lambeau. They will come in very hungry, so I expect their level of play will pick up.

Purple Jesus 84
11-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Overall, was a great team win. Peterson over 200, Patterson returning the kick, 0 points allowed in the 2nd half. The Defense is legit and working on being number 1 in the league.

idahovikefan7
11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
You can see they are a well coached and well prepared team. It shows on and off the field. Zimmer has worked wonders across the entire organization. They have a swagger that we never felt before Zim came in. I know there are others besides coach Z who should get a little credit too, but I give it all to lord Zimmer. His straight forward "old school" tough guy approach is exactly what the Vikings have needed in a coach for so long. No excuses or bs on and off the field while gaining players respect and hard work along the way.

This is a football team that took a complete 360 for the better in the two years Zim and co. Have been running the show. Very refreshing to see unfold as a die hard fan, who like many of us have seen nothing but ups and the bitter lows through years following the Vikings. I see nothing but upside for many years to come with this young disciplined well coached team. It's a great time being a Vikings fan.

VikingMike
11-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Nice to see. Mike (hope everything clicks fine ) and Connor (hope the erectile dysfunction had Been fixed)
Go Vikes!!!

Hola amigo, good to see you too. Skol!

VikingMike
11-16-2015, 01:46 PM
We are currently leading the NFL in points allowed per game, 17.1.

Not bad at all.

Purple Jesus 84
11-16-2015, 02:04 PM
We are currently leading the NFL in points allowed per game, 17.1.

Not bad at all.

And we're the only team to not allow more than 23 points in a game this year.

purplehelmut
11-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Ditto on what idahovikesfan said- the team looks prepared and well coached. No off-field distractions either (after last season's fiasco). The lack of penalties and turnovers point to coaching. The Vikings are playing football as it should be played and it's very refreshing to see after the Childress and Frazier "eras".

Suick
11-16-2015, 03:04 PM
How the phuck did we lose to the Niners?

purplehelmut
11-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Or Denver, for that matter.

rockymtdan
11-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Great win by a good TEAM.
I just hope they are not as confident as I am that they are going to smash the Pack next week.
Been waiting sooooo long for an indisputable beat down that this could be.
Skol!!!

midgensa
11-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Got to feel really good today!

Things are looking very good for this team right now. There was VERY little to complain about from yesterday's game.

Skol!

raptorman
11-16-2015, 07:08 PM
And we're the only team to not allow more than 23 points in a game this year.

Actually, that was only one game. The other 8 have been held to 20 or under.

Leafman
11-17-2015, 10:41 AM
How the phuck did we lose to the Niners?

The same way the Bengals lost to the Texans.
And the same way the Packers lost to the Lions.

Lesser teams defeat better teams in the NFL every week because the talent levels across NFL rosters are so damn close. Coaching decisions, penalties, officials, turnovers ... these variables on just a handful of big plays each game very often decide the outcome.

The Vikings are extremely lucky that neither of Rudolph's drops of easy TD passes in the end zone did not result in losses ... those are typically back breakers in NFL games.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

PurplePowerPunch
11-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Gaining up on the Packers. And on a roll due to T.B. and A.P.!

Adrian Peterson for MVP!!!

midgensa
11-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Adrian Peterson for MVP!!!

Unless he ends up with 2,100+ there is NO chance they would suffer through the media scrutiny of giving him the MVP.

But the last few weeks he has been pretty awesome.

midgensa
11-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Actually, that was only one game. The other 8 have been held to 20 or under.

In this league ... in this day ... those numbers are ASTOUNDING.

It is funny, I was looking at our average ... 17.1 (second to Bengals) and thinking, "Yep, we pretty much win 23-17 every damn game."

I love this defense. And it should only get better.

The Packers are a real test this weekend.

snowinapril
11-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Unless he ends up with 2,100+ there is NO chance they would suffer through the media scrutiny of giving him the MVP.

But the last few weeks he has been pretty awesome.

There is new fodder, AP is old news. The commentators refer to it as "the year he was out." They don't want to bring it up. I hope that they realize it was over blown.

snowinapril
11-18-2015, 02:47 AM
So far so good. The basics of football has returned to MN....finally! Block, tackle, play with energy, beat the guy across from you. And don't be afraid to turn up the pressure and force the issue.

This league turns so fast, hard to tell what your going to get week to week...accept the F'n Pats.

Next week outta be good. GB, even with Detroit doing their absolute best to give the game away, still couldn't find a way to win in Lambeau. They will come in very hungry, so I expect their level of play will pick up.

I would say the Pack was able to come back in their last two games but just couldn't get the last little nudge to win. They made a great effort against the Panthers. They were just too far behind and ran out of time. With the Lions, that is horrible at home to lose like that.

We haven't earn nothing in reference to standing according to Zim, let's earn this victory. Earn each victory week by week and see how many wins we can stack up over the course of the year.

C Mac D
11-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Can we cut Rudolph yet? What a useless sack of potatoes.

Leafman
11-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Can we cut Rudolph yet? What a useless sack of potatoes.

No doubt. Two easy TD drops. And even then his performance has been lacking. He has had a few decent blocking games, but that doesn't make up for the fact that he has proven this year that he will never live up to the potential that everyone seemed to think he had. Expensive roster spots are just too valuable for such excess baggage.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

midgensa
11-18-2015, 01:54 PM
No doubt. Two easy TD drops. And even then his performance has been lacking. He has had a few decent blocking games, but that doesn't make up for the fact that he has proven this year that he will never live up to the potential that everyone seemed to think he had. Expensive roster spots are just too valuable for such excess baggage.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

I am just glad they carried a bunch of TEs because I am stupified by how bad Rudolph has been.

I thought this was going to be a big year for Bridgewater and Rudolph in Norv's system with Norv's new Emmitt. I expected Aikman/Novacek (though we clearly don't have a Michael Irvin). Rudolph's struggles obviously directly relate to Bridgewater's.

I think they are clearly getting Pruitt more involved because they are ready to move on from Rudolph. He is as bad or worse than Carlson was ... and he was just terrible.

Unfortunately, we are likely keeping him around through 2016 because of his huge dead cap number ($9.5 million next year). Then we can dump him for $2.6m in 2017.

tarkenton10
11-18-2015, 03:08 PM
I am just glad they carried a bunch of TEs because I am stupified by how bad Rudolph has been.

I thought this was going to be a big year for Bridgewater and Rudolph in Norv's system with Norv's new Emmitt. I expected Aikman/Novacek (though we clearly don't have a Michael Irvin). Rudolph's struggles obviously directly relate to Bridgewater's.

I think they are clearly getting Pruitt more involved because they are ready to move on from Rudolph. He is as bad or worse than Carlson was ... and he was just terrible.

Unfortunately, we are likely keeping him around through 2016 because of his huge dead cap number ($9.5 million next year). Then we can dump him for $2.6m in 2017.

Me Too, a huge disappointment. I thought they would have a huge year with TB and norv liking TEs in his system, it is truly mystifying why Rudolph is not having a break out year. I do not have an answer but if he is like this next year he will be cut at the end of the year, you are right about that.

C Mac D
11-18-2015, 04:03 PM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/0de5ab0292ffc8dc7813e07978f89734/tumblr_n2patsaCTX1tvizo2o1_500.gif

purplehelmut
11-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Rudolph- the modern version of Jackie Smith (for those too young to know, look it up!).

VikingMike
11-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Rudolph- the modern version of Jackie Smith (for those too young to know, look it up!).

Jackie Smith had one famous drop, in the Super Bowl v. the Steelers. But he was a very good tight end...5 straight Pro Bowls and All-Pro in '67 and '69. If Rudolph ever got to that level, we would all be very happy.

purplehelmut
11-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Jackie Smith had one famous drop, in the Super Bowl v. the Steelers. But he was a very good tight end...5 straight Pro Bowls and All-Pro in '67 and '69. If Rudolph ever got to that level, we would all be very happy.

Right about Smith. Unfortunately he is remembered much like Jim Marshall is- for one bad mistake. And for that one instant Sunday, Rudolph brought Smith to mind. And it does not appear Rudolph will be remembered for much of anything.

midgensa
11-19-2015, 02:23 PM

Yeah ... I would kill for him to be a Jackie Smith type of tight end. Jackie Smith is a damn Hall of Famer.

He had 1,200 yards receiving in in 1967 ... which, with inflation, is about 14,000 yards receiving now.

It is sad that the last pass he was ever thrown, is the most famous drop in Super Bowl history.

tarkenton10
11-19-2015, 02:45 PM

I loved her in Charlie's angels!! :)

VikingMike
11-19-2015, 10:02 PM
I loved her in Charlie's angels!! :)

Lol, Kelly was my favorite too.

VikingMike
11-19-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm going out on a limb and I'll say Rudolph will break out of this funk, and he'll have some big games down the stretch.

tarkenton10
11-20-2015, 08:04 AM
I'm going out on a limb and I'll say Rudolph will break out of this funk, and he'll have some big games down the stretch.

That is a pretty shaky limb, are you doing this without a net?

VikingMike
11-20-2015, 11:28 AM
That is a pretty shaky limb, are you doing this without a net?

Yes, it is a shaky limb, but sooner or later Rudolph will come to realize his career is at stake and he will need to step up. I'm thinking it will be now, and it will continue over these last 7 games.

rockymtdan
11-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes, it is a shaky limb, but sooner or later Rudolph will come to realize his career is at stake and he will need to step up. I'm thinking it will be now, and it will continue over these last 7 games.

I thought Norv was some kinda tight end guru, is he saving it for the playoffs??, because I sure have not seen any great plays from that position this year.