PDA

View Full Version : ugly win, but 6-2 tied for 1st in the nfcn!

digital420
11-08-2015, 04:22 PM
ok, good n bad.
good - this teams fights 60+ min, and continues to get better!
AP is starting to roll into his form. those fumbles coulda hurt us bad, but you could see the determination once Teddy got smacked with a dirty dirty hit..
Oline is doing better, but wtf berger with 2 holding fouls?
WR's after teddy went down they didn't have much to do.. Hill better step up if we need him more!
Walsh.. i take back 99% of the things i've cursed @ you..
Defence.. DAMN! they bent here and there, but in the end it was smash mouth (in a legal and non flag receiving way). BRob had a GREAT game, LJ and Grif were their studly selfs! CB's newman still scares me when i see a WR run past him.. but in the all played great, LB's getting the youngins in there, i hope the UCLA duo is back next week!

bad. WTF calls.. or should i say.. no calls, seems we got all the PI's..
that hit on teddy better end up in a suspension.. and massive fine.. @$%@%$ tool.
hill's first few snaps.. omg did i have a sinking feeling.. glad he got @ least 1 reception there.. and omg ty ty ty to the powers that be we have AP.

all in all.. it was an ugly game, but i'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss anyday. 6-2.. and tied with GB for first in the nfcn!! it's tuff schedule coming up. but the 10 win season is no longer a pipedream.

SKOLLLLLL

DiGiTaL

RK.
11-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Just an observation. Have you ever noticed how any time your Defense has to win the game for you its an ugly win?

Zim had an answer for Gurley and you can bet other teams will be looking at what we did to stop him. All week the hype was about the up and coming Rams and Gurley. It was nice to put a cork in that. This week it will all be about what has happened to the Packers.

I sure hope Teddy is ok and is ready to go next week. Other than the 49er game which was just a fluke at the beginning of the season the only team we have lost to are the Bronco's and only by 3pts and in their house. We are a force to be reckoned with I think.

midgensa
11-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Damn I hope Teddy gets back next week. I don't love us with Hill. He has struggled going downfield even more than TDTB throughout his career.

Our defense is PHENOMENAL. It is already Top 5 in the league. It has single-handedly made us contenders for the division while AD has carried the offense on his back.

Another tough one next week. But if we get to 7-2, I really like our chances down the stretch.

PurplePowerPunch
11-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Game ball should go to Linval Joseph. He is unlockable

midgensa
11-08-2015, 08:50 PM

He was so awesome today. He has really been good for us this season. He and Floyd have become very formidable.

C Mac D
11-09-2015, 08:52 AM
How awesome was Zimmer in the post game presser? He pretty much said he wanted to fight the Rams coaching staff. That's the sort of coach your players get behind. So awesome, got pumped up watching that.

Vikingsfan5
11-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Great win! AP showed that he is still a powerful force on the field, it was great watching him play yesterday. We want the division and I think we can get there. I came across a quick recap of yesterdays games and I think you all would enjoy it: https://realfootballnetwork.com/blog/2015/11/09/11-09-15-qb-play-key-in-week-9/

johnkdbr
11-09-2015, 01:06 PM
The most important decision in the game was Zimmer putting his defense on the field first in OT. That move alone will make this defense amp up even more for the rest of the season. They know he has their back & they will have his back from now & forever. SKOL!

rockymtdan
11-09-2015, 01:42 PM

Kinda hoping they don't piss test him this week. What a beast!!!!

MaxVike
11-09-2015, 01:50 PM
How awesome was Zimmer in the post game presser? He pretty much said he wanted to fight the Rams coaching staff. That's the sort of coach your players get behind. So awesome, got pumped up watching that.

Completely with you on this ... I also loved the shot of him on the sidelines right after the play. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/11/9/9695236/why-we-love-mike-zimmer

Zim is the man!

purplehelmut
11-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Any win is a good one, but once again we dodged a bullet. The defense was paramount in this win, holding Gurley to under 100 yards and rendering Foles ineffective. The Rams helped dig their own grave with 12 penalties, a huge drop by Austin, the missed FG, and the missed 2 point conversion. Once again, without Peterson's running the offense was uninspired. 6 of our 21 first downs came on penalties and we were 3 of 13 on third down. And we put up only 21 points. Bridgewater needs to step it up and get some points out of the pass offense. I've been taking up for him but he's making it harder to do. Halfway through the season and he's still missing some throws badly. Right now, he's our guy and I'm hanging with him, but I got to admit, I'm a little concerned at this point.

thorshammer
11-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Fantastic win. Agree with most of these posts. Teddy played tough. AD was AD. O line looked better. The D is dominant. This team has no quit in it. Love to see our team grind it out. We are getting better every week.

snowinapril
11-09-2015, 11:28 PM
In the 42 years since the NFL adopted overtime as a rule, this was the 530th OT game. Only 10 times had a coach not taken the ball if given the choice to start the extra period. Even with the wind as a factor, it didn’t seem as if there was much of a decision to make. Who’d want to hand the ball to a team with the hottest running back in football, Todd Gurley, to start OT, especially after he had run for 52 yards in the last 12 minutes of regulation?

Got this from Vikings web site.

10 times out of 530.

Zimmer makes a lot of gut feel decisions. The guy has a great gut.

I can see why he did it. The wind in their face was like having a 12th man on defense. He knew we only needed 11 men.

Leafman
11-10-2015, 01:44 PM

Agreed, and if you watch his postgame locker room speech.... : "I just love this team". These guys play their guts out for Zimm, he has them 100% invested in the team's success or failure.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

VikingMike
11-10-2015, 07:53 PM

Zimmer's the man. How could you not love playing for a guy like that? Hardly shook hands with Fisher and I think he would have punched Williams's lights out if he saw him. Tale of 2 DC's, one's a head coach, the other never will be.

Ted Dibiase
11-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Got this from Vikings web site.

10 times out of 530.

Zimmer makes a lot of gut feel decisions. The guy has a great gut.

I can see why he did it. The wind in their face was like having a 12th man on defense. He knew we only needed 11 men.

Was the wind that bad? I didn't think it was. Either way, great move. When he did it I said "Well, they go three and out, and Shaun Hill only has to take us 15-20 yards." I'd have never done it, but I wonder if that was what Zim was thinking. Love the confidence in the defense.

Leafman
11-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Was the wind that bad? I didn't think it was. Either way, great move. When he did it I said "Well, they go three and out, and Shaun Hill only has to take us 15-20 yards." I'd have never done it, but I wonder if that was what Zim was thinking. Love the confidence in the defense.

The wind was blowing hard. He knew that if we took the ball, we'd have to get really close to kick a FG, and our defense would have to make a stop anyway. So, taking the wind actually made a helluva lot of mathematical sense.

Judge for yourself: Coach Zim was mic'd up for the game ... the OT discussion, including a really good shot of the wind blowing the flags, occurs from 2:40 - 3:35 of this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxF4kXnDQlY

My favorite part is the incredulous response of the ref after the Vikings win the toss and Greenway says "we want to defend this end". But the whole clip is great, love Zimmer...

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

VikingMike
11-14-2015, 10:00 AM
The wind was blowing hard. He knew that if we took the ball, we'd have to get really close to kick a FG, and our defense would have to make a stop anyway. So, taking the wind actually made a helluva lot of mathematical sense.

Judge for yourself: Coach Zim was mic'd up for the game ... the OT discussion, including a really good shot of the wind blowing the flags, occurs from 2:40 - 3:35 of this clip:

My favorite part is the incredulous response of the ref after the Vikings win the toss and Greenway says "we want to defend this end". But the whole clip is great, love Zimmer...

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Cool video, thanks for posting it.

Ted Dibiase
11-14-2015, 01:00 PM

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN
Great video. Oh yeah it was blowing. My favorite part was when Teddy got knocked out and Zim yells "F*** me! F*** you!"

snowinapril
11-18-2015, 03:11 AM

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

They cut off the rest of the locker room speech, should have played it out for 30 more seconds.

That is where he told the team you haven't earned anything yet.

Loved that Zim was mic'd up for that game. I liked how they were all talking about the overtime scenario. Turner on the head set and Greenway and assistant at the side of Coach Z.