09-20-2015, 03:09 PM
WTF??

Suick
09-20-2015, 07:46 PM
A liability

snowinapril
09-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Nick Novak??? IDK

We paid Walsh a good amount of guaranteed money, hard to let that go, but he is going to be a liability at some point. Lucky that wasn't today.

VikingMike
09-21-2015, 08:41 AM
With placekickers, the problem is usually in their heads. It's only the second game, give him some time. Remember when Crosby was missing chip shots? Did the Packers get rid of him? Walsh will be fine.

Suick
09-21-2015, 11:53 AM
With placekickers, the problem is usually in their heads. It's only the second game, give him some time. Remember when Crosby was missing chip shots? Did the Packers get rid of him? Walsh will be fine.

Yes, but the cracks were showing last year

bleedpurple
09-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Yes, but the cracks were showing last year

It might be time to bring in some competition for Walsh. Anytime the crowd cheers louder (at the Vikings bar) for a made extra point than for a touchdown should be telling...

purplehelmut
09-21-2015, 12:18 PM
If he doesn't get his head out he will cost us a game. Matter of time. Jittery kickers won't hit game winning 50 yarders. Missed PAT is unacceptable, even at 33 yards.

EricTheViking
09-21-2015, 03:03 PM

I mostly agree with this quote. Crosby was so bad in 2012 I couldn't believe they didn't fire him (64% success rate). The following season he had the best year of his career with an 89% success rate.
In 2012 Walsh was at an amazing 92%. He was money that year. We all remember how he practically couldn't miss. He's declined slowly over the past few years. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether Walsh "will be fine." I sure hope so. It would be great to have that old Walsh back.

rockymtdan
09-21-2015, 05:40 PM
I have wondered who will be the first team to lose a game because of the new rule, hope its not us. I bet we lose one game over this.

Leafman
09-21-2015, 09:58 PM
It's not a physical issue, i.e. not injury related. So it's in his head, and in his mind-body connection when he tries to execute kicks.

If you play golf, you have some idea what he's going through (am I keeping my head down? is my takeaway clean? am I rotating properly? am I dipping my shoulder? is my clubface closed at the top? is my elbow tucked? heel down with enough tension? etc etc etc). At some point, you gotta move on from working relentlessly on imperfections in your form and just swing the damn club.

Walsh just needs to start kicking the damn ball, IMO. I'm confident he'll be back, because he is a gifted kicker, and gifted athletes usually figure it out.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

PurplePowerPunch
09-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Maybe if he'd stop Tweeting he can get his game in order. His too good of a kicker for this type of play.

Leafman
11-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Boom, you nailed it VikingMike. It's good to see Walsh is back, he's kicking with confidence again.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

VikingMike
11-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Boom, you nailed it VikingMike. It's good to see Walsh is back, he's kicking with confidence again.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

lol, looks like the timing is back with Walsh, McDermott and Locke...hope it continues.

PurplePowerPunch
11-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Walsh has totally redeemed himself!

midgensa
11-08-2015, 07:22 PM
He has been virtually automatic this year. The two mised PATs kind of suck ... but all -in-all ... Blair Walsh is kicking like a Pro Bowler. And that is very important for this offense that cannot get in the end zone.

Purple Jesus 84
11-09-2015, 12:18 PM
He does have back to back game winners now. And it looks like he is back on track to being Wal$h again.