PDA

View Full Version : Discounts on Directv 2015

Vikefanman2000
08-11-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry if there is already a similar thread......I couldn't figure out how to search.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck calling into DirecTV this year for a discounted rate on Sunday Ticket MAX. For the past 10 years or so, I have always been able to call them and get the Sunday Ticket package for at least half price, if not better.

This year, AT&T purchased DirecTV and they don't seem to want to budge on their pricing. I understand the marketing....but it is still frustrating to see them giving away the Sunday Ticket to new subscribers while they gut long term subscribers for $360 bucks.

I would love to hear if anyone has been able to get discounts this year.

Thanks

idahovikefan7
08-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Being employed for AT&T I love this buy out. Found out last week as employees we will be receiving free DirecTV ultimate package with Sunday Ticket Max included!

Anyway not trying to rub anything in or brag, couldn't hold back my excitement. But from what we've heard so far is that all pricing and plans SHOULD stay the same or very close.

My buddy recently called in to cancel his DirecTV service in an attempt to receive sunday ticket for free. They usually will transfer you to the "save customer" department. He said the first time he called the rep. wouldn't budge at all. On his second attempt a couple days later, the rep. asked him what it would take to keep him as a customer. He said free sunday ticket is all it would take to keep him happy and the guy got it done for him no questions asked. I think it depends on the rep. and how bad they need the "save" or "non-cancel". They have a quota based off this.

Anyway take it for what it's worth. It couldn't hurt to give it a try at least :confused:
And the fact you've been a customer for that long I can't see them dropping you over offering free Sunday ticket or at a discounted price at least.

Vikefanman2000
08-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Wow.... That sounds like a great deal for you! Congrats on that. I have been with them for 15 years without a single late payment so I hope that is worth something to them! It is encouraging that someone did come through for your buddy eventually! Thanks!

purplehelmut
08-11-2015, 04:26 PM
They wouldn't budge on the Max but I got the regular Sunday Ticket for around 225 which includes a 10 dollar credit per month. Good for me since I don't use the mobile app or the player tracker. Just want the games myself. Not as good a deal as I wanted but then again, I got Max free last year so it evens out ok.

snowinapril
08-14-2015, 02:20 AM
Wow.... That sounds like a great deal for you! Congrats on that. I have been with them for 15 years without a single late payment so I hope that is worth something to them! It is encouraging that someone did come through for your buddy eventually! Thanks!

Customer loyalty hasn't been in effect for more than 10 years due to the competitiveness between companies. Then on top of that, when someone has the market cornered, like NFL on DirecTV, they don't have to budge.

If you have a spouse or roommate, you could actually cancel then become a new customer. There is no loyalty from your provider, you take the best deal and the offers that are available.

Vikefanman2000
08-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Ok…..so I finally made my call today and got Sunday Ticket Max for free this season. Here is what I did.
First, I logged into my online account. Once logged on, I clicked on MY ACCOUNT (it is under your name) then click on MY ACCOUNT OVERVIEW. Just to the left of the bill amount that you owe, it says VIEW MY PROGRAMMING. CLICK ON THAT LINK. Next click on the link for CHANGE PACKAGE. (it will not change, it will just bring you to a page that compares package prices, channels, etc.)
Now you will see a listing of package prices with brief descriptions. Scroll below this to the channel comparisons. Click on the box that says SPORTS so that you don’t have to look through 200+ channels. Now scroll down about twothirds of the way down and you will see the NFL channel followed by SUNDAY TICKET MAX channel. Click on this channel. You will notices that is says INCLUDED with the CHOICE, XTRA, ULTIMATE, or PREMIER packages.
If you already subscribe to one of those packages (most people with Directv do)…..then get ready to make your call. If you do not already subscribe to one of them, choose the one you want and upgrade to it.
Now the Call.
I called and told the customer service agent that I wanted my account refunded for the amount they had already charged me for Sunday Ticket Max. She told me that she couldn’t do that, but did offer $9 off per payment ($9 X 6 = $54 discount). I told her that wasn’t going to work and asked her to transfer my call to CUSTOMER RETENTION rep because someone needed to fix this.
I explained to the CUSTOMER RETENTION rep that Sunday Ticket Max was included in my XTRA package. She started to tell me that it was not. I asked her to take a look at your (Directv’s) website. I told her to look on the page that compares the available packages and to take a look at the channel listed just below the NFL network. After a minute or so of key clicking, she asked me to hold one moment. She came back on the phone and said that she would take care of it for me. She credited my account and confirmed that I would be receiving Sunday Ticket Max at no cost this year.
My best guess is that that page was meant to show up for new subscribers only…….but it is still showing up as I described above.
The entire process took me about 30 minutes, but in the end saved me $350.

snowinapril
08-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Wow that is cool, you found a loop hole. I am going to give it a try.

snowinapril
08-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Didn't work for me. I already had the Ticket on my bill. I would recommend canceling the ticket first then switching to the program. They tried to tell me that it is stated at other places on the website that inclusion for free is only for new customers. The only option they gave me was to discount programming I already had. They did give me a discount on the Ticket, $9.00/payment.

Hmmm.

I did send an email to DirecTV, hoping that someone would see the misrepresentation on the website. Oh well!

purplehelmut
08-31-2015, 10:04 AM
I couldn't complain much since I got Max free last year. Got a discount this year that was only ok. I will go to battle again next year though.

Vikefanman2000
08-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Make sure you get the first rep to send you over to CUSTOMER RETENTION. Point out that their website does not say "available with those packages"....it says "included with those packages".

I have two other friends that have already gotten their accounts credited for money they already paid and are getting the Sunday Ticket Max for free. Good Luck!

rednorsk
09-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Pro football is fixed anyway, so I won't waste the money on it.

derek
09-13-2015, 05:58 PM
hey folks DirecTv has a one day offer (today only till midnight) for 'Max'....you can add max for a about half price if you ask to upgrade to Max before midnight tonight.

(to be clear, i'm not talking about the full Sunday Ticket, its just half off the Max part)

its just a one day 'sale' so you don't have to wheel n deal em, and theres no need to ask to be switched to retention to get the 'sale' price, just call em tell em you want the half off deal.

of course if you wanna try to get more off feel free to escalate...(i know a few of you said you have successfully tried to do that, but i wasn't up to trying to barter today so i went the easy way out and simply asked for the sale price :)