PDA

View Full Version : 2015 OTA -> Mini Camp -> Training Camp

snowinapril
06-04-2015, 04:34 AM
Off season thread leading up to the season. :crazy:

snowinapril
06-04-2015, 04:37 AM
The one thing I have noticed in the videos is AP catching the ball well. He looks different, like he has been practicing in anticipation. There are a lot of videos of him catching the ball. I look forward to him doing so this season. I think it has been assumed that is not his strong suit and coaches have avoided it. I don't think Norv will avoid.

snowinapril
06-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Watched the video of Loadholt from today. I like it when you can see the maturity show through, years under their belt. Looks like Clemmings is getting the reps next to him.

drewlovs
06-04-2015, 12:52 PM
What jumps out at me is all the players who love Zimmer- I have seen other coaches garner this type of support and deference from their players, but never one coaching the Vikings!! The admiration I have mentioned coming from people like Deion Sanders seems to be the rule, not the exception, and it is AWESOME!!

Spielman, if nothing else, did right by giving Zimmer our beloved team. For that alone I forgive him for Ponder.

drewlovs
06-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Well... almost. I just need more time, the Ponder scars run deep...

RK.
06-04-2015, 01:24 PM
What jumps out at me is all the players who love Zimmer- I have seen other coaches garner this type of support and deference from their players, but never one coaching the Vikings!! The admiration I have mentioned coming from people like Deion Sanders seems to be the rule, not the exception, and it is AWESOME!!

Spielman, if nothing else, did right by giving Zimmer our beloved team. For that alone I forgive him for Ponder.

You are probably too young to remember the Bud Grant years. In all the years he coached there was never a single player that played for him that had a negative thing to say about him, not one.

VikingMike
06-04-2015, 07:50 PM
You are probably too young to remember the Bud Grant years. In all the years he coached there was never a single player that played for him that had a negative thing to say about him, not one.

The only issue I was aware of was when Bud and Alan Page butted heads in '78. Bud wanted Page to bulk up, and he was upset that Page had lost weight and was down to 225 lbs...incredible for a DT. Well, Page said no, he wanted to keep his quickness (he was the quickest lineman I've ever seen). So, the Vikings traded him traded during the '78 season...to the hated Bears. Page played 10 games that season, and 3 more seasons with the Bears, and recorded 30 sacks. Not bad for an aging, underweight DT.

Page was and is my favorite Viking. I was really pissed at the team, and lost interest in them for a few years. I really don't know if Bud and Alan ever "mended their fences", but I do know they are/were extremely hardheaded gentlemen, and I loved them both.

snowinapril
06-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Watching the best of OTA 4-6 video, Defensive coach said that Crichton made leaps and bounds.

Trey Waynes is keeping a low profile with all that is going on, return of Peterson.

Our Special teams coach things Patterson is the best KO return guy in the NFL. So C-Pat has that going for him.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Things-We-Learned-from-OTAs-4-6/ced0e157-ed36-46c6-a531-0d0bcd0787c5

snowinapril
06-06-2015, 07:30 PM
The other thing I saw was a small clip showing Teddy and Wallace talking. Teddy was telling him he was rounding his route off. Teddy was telling him what he needed to get the ball to him in the right spot and get timing right. LEADER!!!

digital420
06-07-2015, 03:42 AM
The other thing I saw was a small clip showing Teddy and Wallace talking. Teddy was telling him he was rounding his route off. Teddy was telling him what he needed to get the ball to him in the right spot and get timing right. LEADER!!!

I saw that in the mic'd up wallace vid i think. besides showing that spark of leadership there, it shows a few things i'm VERY happy about.

1. Teddy taking an active role in fine tuning his timing/location trust with his wr's
2. Great communication between wallace + teddy, based on the ease those 2 quickly talked, it wasn't the frist time, and won't be the last!
3. teddy see'ing the play! in his quick few seconds he broke down the route, why, and where. this will turn into accurately reading a D and knowing were he is going before the snap!

on a side note.. through the ota vids.. is teddy throwing with more zip? or is it just me wanting to see improvements.

D1G1T@L420

snowinapril
06-21-2015, 05:19 PM
5 Things We Learned at Vikings Mini-Camp

The Vikings used minicamp to gain more looks of players on the offensive line, particularly at the right guard spot. Fourth-rounder T.J. Clemmings opened organized team activity practices at right guard with the first team, but shifted to right tackle with the second team this week. Minnesota plugged in sixth-rounder Tyrus Thompson at right guard with the first team, followed by seventh-round selection Austin Shepherd with the second team. David Yankey, a member of the 2014 draft class, repped at left guard behind Brandon Fusco, the teamís starter at right guard since 2012. (http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Things-We-Learned-at-Vikings-Mini-Camp/9be02a15-5332-4b82-881c-329d828f5334)

snowinapril
07-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Training Camp has started!

HOF game in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

PurplePowerPunch
07-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Training Camp has started!

HOF game in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

Efforts must be doubled.

purplehelmut
07-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Camp has started and the new season is just around the corner. Crossing my fingers that the injury bug stays away from us. Haven't been as excited for a new season as much as this one for many years. Expectations are high for this team and that always makes me nervous. I think much can be seen from the first game at SF. This is a team supposedly in some disarray and to go in there and kick their asses would be a great opening game statement. Plus, I've always disliked the 49ers and still do. Can't stand Young, back then or now as a commentator.