PDA

View Full Version : Shane Ray...

drewlovs
04-28-2015, 12:48 AM
...got popped for a DUI and marijuana possession today. He is a top 10 pick on a lot of boards, so expect a few clubs to scramble around at this last minute news.

What a fucking idiot.

Also, I have seen a few mocks that show Amari Cooper dropping out of the top 10- do you think the Vikings take him if he is there, or trade back due to the other club's interest in him?

RK.
04-28-2015, 01:07 AM
If Amari Cooper is there at 11 I think we take him.
Its more likely he will be gone and we end up taking Kevin White.

MossWilliamsHenderson
04-28-2015, 07:14 AM
I would be very shocked if Amari falls to #11 but I just not see him passing any of those 4 teams which are the Jaguars, Raiders, Jets, or Bears

If Amari do fall to the Vikings and the Vikings do trade down, I would have mixed feelings since they passed up a steal and the best player avaiable

MossWilliamsHenderson
04-28-2015, 07:19 AM
If Amari Cooper is there at 11 I think we take him.
Its more likely he will be gone and we end up taking Kevin White.

I heard a big rumor that the Dolphins wants Kevin White and you know how Rick always trade with the Dolphins in the draft? I bet he will trade down with Dolphins if Kevin White is still there at #11 but if Vikings stays put, Vikings will draft Trae most likely but I would be fine with Kevin White but I think Bears might take Kevin since they traded Brandon to Jets though

drewlovs
04-28-2015, 04:38 PM
I heard a big rumor that the Dolphins wants Kevin White and you know how Rick always trade with the Dolphins in the draft? I bet he will trade down with Dolphins if Kevin White is still there at #11 but if Vikings stays put, Vikings will draft Trae most likely but I would be fine with Kevin White but I think Bears might take Kevin since they traded Brandon to Jets though

I watched Spielman's presser, and I am convinced that, barring a Cooper type player dropping to us, we are trading DOWN. As long as we get an extra pick, we are not staying at 11... so I feel a lot more comfortable with our team and its goals. If we DO pick at 11, it will be for a legit stud that should not have been available.

More and more, I trust the Spielman/Zimmer decision team. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

vikesrgreat2
04-29-2015, 10:53 AM
...got popped for a DUI and marijuana possession today. He is a top 10 pick on a lot of boards, so expect a few clubs to scramble around at this last minute news.

What a fucking idiot.

Also, I have seen a few mocks that show Amari Cooper dropping out of the top 10- do you think the Vikings take him if he is there, or trade back due to the other club's interest in him?

Good question. I would be OK with drafting Cooper at #11. In my opinion, he's the best WR in the draft. Kevin White is also really talented, but he seems to me to be a late, rapid riser, and I think Cooper has more experience than White.

However, the best case scenario in my opinion would be to draft Trae Waynes at #11. Put him with Rhodes and you have a great CB tandem for years! If Waynes and Cooper are both gone by the time we draft, I woild support the idea of trading down, getting another pick, and selecting the best available CB (Peters or Jones) or OT (Peat, Collins, or Flowers). Either way, we get a talented player that can help upgrade our roster.

Ted Dibiase
04-29-2015, 11:20 AM

What a fucking idiot.

I would be shocked if he falls to us but that would be awesome. I've seen him mocked in the top 5 more than I've seen him fall to #11...but yeah who knows what those are worth. I would love to get Cooper, but like you said I bet we get a very nice trade down offer if he falls. My guess is we'd take the trade, but I see it as a win-win. I'd imagine a lot would depend on the coaches' confidence in Patterson. I'm a little surprised that Spielman was so open about wanting to trade down. Maybe he's confident that the offers will be there regardless and thinks it's the best way to get a bidding war going.

purplehelmut
04-29-2015, 11:29 AM
It will be interesting to see how far Ray drops in the draft. Got to be one of the most boneheaded stunts in NFL draft history. It will probably cost him hundreds of thousands of guaranteed money unless a team chooses to overlook stupidity in their picks, which has been know to happen.

drewlovs
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
It has been explained to me that the 5th year price tag DRAMATICALLY drops after pick #10. making #11 very valuable to teams who want to take a chance on a player, but not have to pay through the nose for a sub par result with the year 5 option.

Also, with such an usual draft this year (last year's top 10 were almost in granite, with only the draft order to be worked out), there are 20-25 players that could go ANYWHERE. Gregory and Ray could go in the top 10, or fall to the second round. THAT, my friends, is the definition of volatility.

#11 might become the most valuable pick of the draft.

snowinapril
04-29-2015, 08:46 PM
This is not Ray's first marijuana offense. He tested positive in college. He is going to fall. I didn't want him before and I don't want him now.

Thank you very much!

snowinapril
04-29-2015, 09:05 PM
La'el Collins part of a murder investigation, not involved but associated with a woman that was a victim. He might fall out of 1st and 2nd round if not cleared to some extent.

drewlovs
05-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Usually (not always, but most of the time) children to drug addict parents either become anti-drug zealots or become drug addicts themselves when said parent damages their life badly. There is no question Ray's life was drastically affected by his father, and we now know where he stands on drugs, at least the minor ones. Since the NFL makes no distinction between recreational and heavy drugs, its all the same to Ray... or should be.

It's sad, because I liked the kid. That Elway chose him doesn't mean anything, I'm not sure any lessons were learned by either Ray OR Winston.

Did you see the instagram pic with the crab legs? THAT was a dig at someone who thought the theft would hurt him, I'd bet on it.

VERY immature.

mountainviking
05-02-2015, 02:51 PM
I call the Broncos my AFC Team, and I have mixed feelings about the pick. On one hand, the kid could be the steal of the draft at 23 and wreak some serious havoc rushing in tandem with Ware and Miller. On the other, MJ is legal here and he's going to have to say 'No Thanks' a lot to stay clean for 2 years! ;)

Before this woman's murder news hit, I had La'el as my top pick for the Vikings at 11. IF he ends up guilty, the PR backlash could be real ugly...but, if you did your research and felt like he wasn't involved...he'd sure be a nice upgrade to our LG options!

snowinapril
05-03-2015, 09:48 PM
About Collins, I can see not wanting to put money into someone up front and have him go to jail.

But, people are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I don't know how that would publicly hurt the Vikings. If he does become part of the investigation then you cut him.

The only thing I see is you waste a pick. If I was a GM I would have taken him in the 4th when he was still available. Someone will snag him up and still pay him good money. I hope that his agent is able to call around and find the highest bidder and as soon as he know he is clear call that team and say have an offer together for a 2nd round contract and as soon as he is clear of any wrong doings we will sign with you. I honestly don't know if that would work but it sounds good.

RK.
05-03-2015, 11:39 PM
About Collins, I can see not wanting to put money into someone up front and have him go to jail.

But, people are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I don't know how that would publicly hurt the Vikings. If he does become part of the investigation then you cut him.

The only thing I see is you waste a pick. If I was a GM I would have taken him in the 4th when he was still available. Someone will snag him up and still pay him good money. I hope that his agent is able to call around and find the highest bidder and as soon as he know he is clear call that team and say have an offer together for a 2nd round contract and as soon as he is clear of any wrong doings we will sign with you. I honestly don't know if that would work but it sounds good.

It doesn't really work that way. See the La'el Collins thread in the General NFL Discussion forum.

drewlovs
05-05-2015, 05:14 PM

I think Collins and his agent were PRAYING someone would take him so they could hold out the year and re-enter the draft in 2016. They said as much, which tells us he has a crappy agent-that NEVER should have been told to the NFL teams before the draft. In essence, they found out they would be wasting a pick, AND not get the player next year since they would be barred from re-drafting him.

Once his agent said Collins wanted to sit out a year and enter 2016's draft, they insured NO ONE was going to draft him. He is now barred from the 2016 draft, and is stuck with undrafted free agent money. This would really suck if the guy had nothing to do with this girl's death, except they used to date once upon a time...

Minniman
05-13-2015, 06:03 PM
I call the Broncos my AFC Team, and I have mixed feelings about the pick. On one hand, the kid could be the steal of the draft at 23 and wreak some serious havoc rushing in tandem with Ware and Miller. On the other, MJ is legal here and he's going to have to say 'No Thanks' a lot to stay clean for 2 years! ;)

If it is legal, what's the big deal?

The NFL does not tell players they cannot have a drink - even after a DUI.

midgensa
05-15-2015, 09:27 AM
If it is legal, what's the big deal?

The NFL does not tell players they cannot have a drink - even after a DUI.

It is still against collective bargaining, even if it is legal. So, if he does it, where it is easy to access it, he can be suspended.

And I do believe that some players can get in trouble for alcohol, even after DUIs. Josh Gordon's most recent suspension was because of testing positive for alcohol.

RK.
05-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Just because its legal doesn't mean you can use it. For instance Air Line pilots can not use it just because its legal in CO. Same goes for the NFL. Some corporations have mandatory drug testing and can fire you if you test positive.

drewlovs
05-24-2015, 01:51 AM
It is still Federally illegal- and will stay that way until they find an adequate test to stop stoned driving. That is only my opinion, but I'd bet money on it.