PDA

View Full Version : viking games 2015

RK.
04-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Minnesota Vikings

Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders

snowinapril
04-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Packers
Arizona
Denver

Tough road games, if you can win those then you finish higher than people will predict.

VikingMike
04-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Looks like our opening game is v. the 49ers on MNF (2nd game).

VikingMike
04-21-2015, 07:04 PM
For those who haven't seen it, here's the schedule:

Monday, Sep. 14 | at San Francisco 49ers | 9:20 PM | ESPN
Sunday, Sep. 20 | Detroit Lions | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Sep. 27 | San Diego Chargers | 12:00 PM | CBS
Sunday, Oct. 4 | at Denver Broncos | 3:25 PM | FOX
Oct. 11 | BYE
Sunday, Oct. 18 | Kansas City Chiefs | 12:00 PM | CBS
Sunday, Oct. 25 | at Detroit Lions | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 1 | at Chicago Bears | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 8 | St. Louis Rams | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 15 | at Oakland Raiders | 3:05 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 22 | Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 29 | at Atlanta Falcons | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Dec. 6 | Seattle Seahawks | 12:00 PM | FOX
Thursday, Dec. 10 | at Arizona Cardinals | 7:25 PM | NFLN
Sunday, Dec. 20 | Chicago Bears | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Dec. 27 | New York Giants | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Jan. 3 | at Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX

MossWilliamsHenderson
04-21-2015, 07:58 PM
I do not like that Vikings have to play at Lambeau Field at end of the season, that is going to be really tough

Tad7
04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
I love opening on the late Monday night game...having the Vikings on til 11:30 at night is actually pretty cool imo..I understand some of you probably disagreeing lol

Not happy about the early bye or finishing at Lambeau but it's just something the Vikes have to be good enough to overcome

JPPT1974
04-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Vikings do poorly over in Lambeau due to the field being full of snow and very wintery.

AngloVike
04-22-2015, 02:54 AM
Would have preferred to see the Bye week later on than week 5 and closing the season out at Lambeau isn't high on the list of wants. However we knew the teams that were coming up so the schedule is what it is.
Still goods news is that I'll be there for the home opener against Detroit and the later season game will probably be the Seahawks game. If the weather is anything like it was when I was over for the Carolina game then I'll be needing the thermals again !

digital420
04-22-2015, 03:32 AM
For those who haven't seen it, here's the schedule:

Monday, Sep. 14 | at San Francisco 49ers | 9:20 PM | ESPN
Sunday, Sep. 20 | Detroit Lions | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Sep. 27 | San Diego Chargers | 12:00 PM | CBS
Sunday, Oct. 4 | at Denver Broncos | 3:25 PM | FOX
Oct. 11 | BYE
Sunday, Oct. 18 | Kansas City Chiefs | 12:00 PM | CBS
Sunday, Oct. 25 | at Detroit Lions | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 1 | at Chicago Bears | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 8 | St. Louis Rams | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 15 | at Oakland Raiders | 3:05 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 22 | Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Nov. 29 | at Atlanta Falcons | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Dec. 6 | Seattle Seahawks | 12:00 PM | FOX
Thursday, Dec. 10 | at Arizona Cardinals | 7:25 PM | NFLN
Sunday, Dec. 20 | Chicago Bears | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Dec. 27 | New York Giants | 12:00 PM | FOX
Sunday, Jan. 3 | at Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX

not a bad schedule.. mid season is a great test, and the last 3 games could prove pivotal if we are to make a good playoff run or not.

as for the early bye week, i see it as a bonus, gives the team the extra time to fix up emerging issues early, and prepare for the meat of the season. our short week from the sea-chickens to the cards is a bummer.. 2 tuff teams, but by then the team should be clicking and those extra 2 days of practice won't be detrimental for game planning the cards. then we get 10 days to rest before the bears and giants visit and we go to lambeau.

finishing off the kittens early could prove well for us, they won't be the same D without suh, and we catch them before they can find rhythm. beating them would be a big step moving up the NFCN, and finishing the year in lambeau would have a lot more meaning.

DiGiTaL

RK.
04-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Vikings do poorly over in Lambeau due to the field being full of snow and very wintery.

Don't forget we are playing outdoors this year as well. That time of year our field will be full of snow and very cold too.

jargomcfargo
04-22-2015, 11:08 AM
I love opening on the late Monday night game...having the Vikings on til 11:30 at night is actually pretty cool imo..I understand some of you probably disagreeing lol

Not happy about the early bye or finishing at Lambeau but it's just something the Vikes have to be good enough to overcome

National exposure for the Vikings but half the country will be in bed by then. Exciting for Vikings fans though. Going to San Fran and winning will set the tone for a good season.
I like the way the schedule plays out. This year the Vikings need to win at least 50% of their divisional games. I think they will.

purplehelmut
04-22-2015, 11:29 AM
9-7 give or take one either way.

tarkenton10
04-22-2015, 11:38 AM
National exposure for the Vikings but half the country will be in bed by then. Exciting for Vikings fans though. Going to San Fran and winning will set the tone for a good season.
I like the way the schedule plays out. This year the Vikings need to win at least 50% of their divisional games. I think they will.

I think the Vikes will be competitive in every game and they will have a winning record. I don't think they will win 50% of their divisional games. I think they split with Det and Chi and lose both to GB. I think they will be much improved over last year and GB gets lucky on last minute drives. If we have a great draft like last year I think we will be in position to take the NFCN in 2016.

drewlovs
04-24-2015, 06:11 PM
I don't think the Bears will be that much better this year, and I think we WILL be- and judging from the last game we had with the Bears, we were much better at the end of last year to begin with. I think we will split with GB, sweep the Bears and at LEAST split with the Lions. I don't think the Lions got better either, but I guess that remains to be seen.

Traveling_Vike
04-25-2015, 01:42 AM
At a quick first glance, this does not look too bad. Highlights, we get teams like the Seahawks and Chiefs in our house, rather than their very tough stadiums. Lowlights, as some have already mentioned, are the early bye and the closeout @ Lambeau, when it might very well determine a playoff spot. There is still a lot of offseason to come, but I'll make a preliminary prediction of 10-6, most;y due to improved divisional record. 1-5 in division does not get you into the playoffs very often.

RK.
04-25-2015, 01:14 PM
The close out in Green Bay can go either way. If the Pack has already locked up the NFCN title then they may not play their starting guys. If we are needing that game for a wild card that might be the ticket that gets us there.

gregair13
04-26-2015, 12:00 AM
I want to go to the game in Arizona. That would be a nice warm holiday for me in cold ass December...

Opening game should be a big dictator of the rest of the season. If we can go into San Fran and win, and beat a team that is supposed to be bad, sets us up nicely. That being said, going 2-2 or an optimistic 3-1 into the bye has to be acceptable with having to go to Denver.

The next 5 games leading into the Packers game could all be wins. Rams are going to be very tough this year, but because we get the Chiefs on the road and it will not be that cold in Chicago yet, we might be able to get another 3-4 here... putting us at 5-4 or 6-3 going into the first Packers game.

We lose that game and hope we are 6-4 instead of 5-5 and we will have a shot at the playoffs.
This is where the schedule takes a turn to the darkside. 1 of the next three... is 7-6 at best.

Now we have back to back home games which are must wins in hopes that the Packers game end of the season is not needed to get into the playoffs.

Optimistic is 9-7.

MaxVike
04-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Just bought our tickets to the Lions game at TCF. My wife and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary on our way to the Northwoods, where we will look for a lake home on Leech Lake and the Whitefish Lake chain.

Skol Vikings!!!

drewlovs
04-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Just bought our tickets to the Lions game at TCF. My wife and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary on our way to the Northwoods, where we will look for a lake home on Leech Lake and the Whitefish Lake chain.

Skol Vikings!!!

Congratulations!!

I think it has been so long since the Vikings have had a good QB, we all are gun-shy at predicting anything too optimistic. 9-7 is NOT optimistic!! We should be at least 9-7 if we improve off of last year, and do any of us think we will get worst? I think anything beyond 10-6 is optimistic, but you all also know I am an optimist, so none of the following should come as a surprise:

~W~ Monday, Sep. 14 | at San Francisco 49ers | 9:20 PM | ESPN
~W~ Sunday, Sep. 20 | Detroit Lions | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Sep. 27 | San Diego Chargers | 12:00 PM | CBS
~L~ Sunday, Oct. 4 | at Denver Broncos | 3:25 PM | FOX
Oct. 11 | BYE
~W~ Sunday, Oct. 18 | Kansas City Chiefs | 12:00 PM | CBS
~L~ Sunday, Oct. 25 | at Detroit Lions | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 1 | at Chicago Bears | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 8 | St. Louis Rams | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 15 | at Oakland Raiders | 3:05 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 22 | Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 29 | at Atlanta Falcons | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Sunday, Dec. 6 | Seattle Seahawks | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Thursday, Dec. 10 | at Arizona Cardinals | 7:25 PM | NFLN
~W~ Sunday, Dec. 20 | Chicago Bears | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Dec. 27 | New York Giants | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Sunday, Jan. 3 | at Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX

There is my prediction, and I KNOW it is very optimistic. But given that I expect:
-Teddy to be BETTER than he was at the end of last year
-Peterson to return with a vengeance and something to prove
-Patterson to become what he was SUPPOSE to be last year
-our defense as a unit to improve on last year's performance
-Wallace, Patterson and Johnson all will be fighting tooth and nail to be the #1 receiver

...my predictions aren't as "out there" as they first look. I resisted going game by game on comments, but if any of the games and their outcomes seems like I'm out on a limb, point them out and we'll discuss.

gamecocksbaseball31
04-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Congratulations!!

I think it has been so long since the Vikings have had a good QB, we all are gun-shy at predicting anything too optimistic. 9-7 is NOT optimistic!! We should be at least 9-7 if we improve off of last year, and do any of us think we will get worst? I think anything beyond 10-6 is optimistic, but you all also know I am an optimist, so none of the following should come as a surprise:

Oct. 11 | BYE

There is my prediction, and I KNOW it is very optimistic. But given that I expect:
-Teddy to be BETTER than he was at the end of last year
-Peterson to return with a vengeance and something to prove
-Patterson to become what he was SUPPOSE to be last year
-our defense as a unit to improve on last year's performance
-Wallace, Patterson and Johnson all will be fighting tooth and nail to be the #1 receiver

...my predictions aren't as "out there" as they first look. I resisted going game by game on comments, but if any of the games and their outcomes seems like I'm out on a limb, point them out and we'll discuss.

Oct. 11 | BYE
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 8 | St. Louis Rams | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 22 | Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 29 | at Atlanta Falcons | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Jan. 3 | at Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX

9-7 with a shot at the playoffs and I feel that's optimistic. Couple easily lose to SF, SD, KC, & GB to be 5-11. Tougher schedule than I thought from the first glance.

drewlovs
04-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Oct. 11 | BYE
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 8 | St. Louis Rams | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 22 | Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 29 | at Atlanta Falcons | 12:00 PM | FOX
~W~ Sunday, Jan. 3 | at Green Bay Packers | 12:00 PM | FOX

9-7 with a shot at the playoffs and I feel that's optimistic. Couple easily lose to SF, SD, KC, & GB to be 5-11. Tougher schedule than I thought from the first glance.

SF's defense has been gutted. They are on an express elevator, going DOWN!
SD is in turmoil... again. Rivers seems to have an on again off again style of playing in regards to his years there, and he is due for a bad one.
KC still has not scored a TD with their receivers, and we are at home.
GB... ehh. We always play them tough at home? that's all I got.

Atlanta sucked last year, and I've seen nothing to make me thing they will be any better. I'm surprised you think we will lose to them. You and I disagree on the rams, and I see you point... their defense is STACKED. But they always seem to find a way to lose, and I can't tell if that is the players or the coach.

vikesrgreat2
04-29-2015, 10:03 AM
One thing needs to be remembered regarding the last game of the season at Lambeau. In the opinion of some of my co-workers who are Packer fans, they sense that Green Bay may clinch a playoff position by that time, in a way that could make that Week 17 game meaningless to the Packers. If that happens, and Green Bay rests their players, that game could be winnable for us. We'll see what happens...

drewlovs
04-29-2015, 12:48 PM
One thing needs to be remembered regarding the last game of the season at Lambeau. In the opinion of some of my co-workers who are Packer fans, they sense that Green Bay may clinch a playoff position by that time, in a way that could make that Week 17 game meaningless to the Packers. If that happens, and Green Bay rests their players, that game could be winnable for us. We'll see what happens...

It's kind of a two-edged sword, isn't it? The better we do this season, the more of a change we will have a fight in the last game of the season.

raptorman
05-21-2015, 10:52 PM

Overly optimistic Packer fans. I love it. For me, that last game will determine who wins the division. The Vikings are going 11-5. Let me tell you why. Historically, in games Adrian Peterson has played and rushed for at least 20 times, the Vikings have scored and average of 6 point per game more than games in which Peterson does not play or rushes for less than 20 times a game. So, in the long run, Peterson being back should net the Vikings an increase in Offensive points per game, and that should offset some of those games they lost by one score or less last year. That alone should net us 4 more games this year.

Peg me and overly optimistic Vikings fan.

midgensa
05-22-2015, 08:46 AM
I got us 10-6 and losing the Division title in the final week to Green Bay. We enter as a Wild Card and probably get bounced in the first round. But a good year none-the-less.

RK.
06-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Our first game this season is with the 49ers a team that is imploding. It should give us a chance to work out any kinks that are not taken care of in pre-season.

snowinapril
06-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Our first game this season is with the 49ers a team that is imploding. It should give us a chance to work out any kinks that are not taken care of in pre-season.

+1

They have lost a lot of starters. Still can't under estimate them.

AngloVike
06-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Roll on the home opener against Detroit - got tickets for that one :crazy:

bleedpurple
06-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Congratulations!!

Oct. 11 | BYE

~W~ Monday, Sep. 14 | at San Francisco 49ers -Defense has been gutted
~W~ Sunday, Sep. 20 | Detroit Lions No Suh or Fairley, or run game _ AP runs wild
~L~ Sunday, Sep. 27 | San Diego Chargers Tricky game, we loose by 3
~W~ Sunday, Oct. 4 | at Denver Broncos Peyton is old and the O-line is suspect
Oct. 11 | BYE
~W~ Sunday, Oct. 18 | Kansas City Chiefs Got a passing game??
~W~ Sunday, Oct. 25 | at Detroit Lions See above
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 1 | at Chicago Bears | Bears suck.
~L~ Sunday, Nov. 8 | St. Louis Rams |The one game we loose we shouldn't
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 15 | at Oakland Raiders Cake walk
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 22 | Green Bay Packers Bout time we beat the Pack
~W~ Sunday, Nov. 29 | at Atlanta Falcons This teams D is awful.
~L~ Sunday, Dec. 6 | Seattle Seahawks | Seahawks get lucky win by 3
~L~ Thursday, Dec. 10 | at Arizona Cardinals |Night game curse - we get blown out.
~W~ Sunday, Dec. 20 | Chicago Bears | Bears still suck
~W~ Sunday, Dec. 27 | New York Giants | Giants beat themselves with picks
~L~ Sunday, Jan. 3 | at Green Bay Packers | loose a nailbiter for the division.

I got us at 11-5/10-6. Barring we stay healthy at key positions, I don't see us being any worse. Last year with AP i thought we would be 10-6 and we won 6 games where 3-4 of them were at the last minute or last drive that were just ridiculous losses.

JPPT1974
06-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Opening up on a Monday Night Game. Is a great way to start off the 2015 season.

snowinapril
06-09-2015, 11:49 PM
I see there isn't a lot of love for the Rams. Coach Fisher has them playing great defense like he has with his previous teams. OK, they are questionable on offense but as a team, they could be tough this season. How tough, we will see.

C Mac D
06-10-2015, 01:43 PM
I see there isn't a lot of love for the Rams. Coach Fisher has them playing great defense like he has with his previous teams. OK, they are questionable on offense but as a team, they could be tough this season. How tough, we will see.

Well, Jeff Fischer hasn't had a winning season since 2008. He hasn't done much to deserve any praise as of late.

As an aside, I didn't realize he coached the Oilers/Titans from 1994 to 2010.. damn!!!

drewlovs
06-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Well, Jeff Fischer hasn't had a winning season since 2008. He hasn't done much to deserve any praise as of late.

As an aside, I didn't realize he coached the Oilers/Titans from 1994 to 2010.. damn!!!

The guy has puts together incredible teams that always seem to find a way to lose. Unfortunately, that usually means the problem is with the coach, not the players... maybe he should be a GM?

bleedpurple
06-10-2015, 07:55 PM

Wow!! U didn't know?? This dude took them to the super bowl and was about half a yard away from a victory against the pats. Steve McNair was the man!! Excellent coach. Untenable situation with bradford being so fragile!

snowinapril
06-10-2015, 11:45 PM

Yep, he was the longest tenured coach I think for a while. I think that the Steelers eclipsed them for a long time. He had a good offense while McNair there and after that all the wins were from the defensive team on the field. That may be a bit exaggerated. I would say that he gets more out of his teams than the talent he has.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FishJe0.htm

He has had some tough years and some good year. He is only 15 games above .500

I think the owner of the Oiler/Titans was a very loyal owner and gave Fischer a lot of slack in the tough years.

C Mac D
06-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Wow!! U didn't know?? This dude took them to the super bowl and was about half a yard away from a victory against the pats. Steve McNair was the man!! Excellent coach. Untenable situation with bradford being so fragile!

Yeah, I remember that Super Bowl but I think it was against the Rams.

The Rams then went on the lose to the Patriots the following year.

midgensa
06-11-2015, 12:49 PM

I agree with this sentiment mostly. He is a solid coach, but I don't know how special he is. He has four 12 win teams -- very good --- but only one found its way to the Super Bowl ... and it needed a questionable lateral miracle play to get there.

He is likable media wise ... which has always helped his cause. He has won with crappy QB situations (Kerry Collins/ Vince Young / Sam Bradford) ... but I can't peg him as great. I think he is solid and teams could do worse. But he lacks something.

drewlovs
06-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I agree with this sentiment mostly. He is a solid coach, but I don't know how special he is. He has four 12 win teams -- very good --- but only one found its way to the Super Bowl ... and it needed a questionable lateral miracle play to get there.

He is likable media wise ... which has always helped his cause. He has won with crappy QB situations (Kerry Collins/ Vince Young / Sam Bradford) ... but I can't peg him as great. I think he is solid and teams could do worse. But he lacks something.

He is the main benefactor from the RGIII trade; he got a TON of talent, plus another trade last year gave him more. He seems to have trouble "bringing it all together"... I don't know why. This Rams team SHOULD be better than it is- but that is only my opinion, for what it's worth.

C Mac D
06-12-2015, 02:35 PM
He is the main benefactor from the RGIII trade; he got a TON of talent, plus another trade last year gave him more. He seems to have trouble "bringing it all together"... I don't know why. This Rams team SHOULD be better than it is- but that is only my opinion, for what it's worth.

Lack of WR's and a healthy QB, in my opinion. Kenny Britt shouldn't be your #1 receiver, or else you're in trouble.

snowinapril
06-12-2015, 08:23 PM

4 of the first 7 picks were offensive linemen. They also picked a RB (Todd Gurley), QB and WR in those 7 picks. First 7 picks all offensive players. They want to build a running game.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-2015-Draft-Class/29309487-f944-4d84-ba1d-22f1077abd54

They beat the Seahawks and the Broncos last year. Wasn't Bradford out last year with an injury? I think that was early, right? They got walloped a few games to by teams like AZ and MN. They blanked the Redskins and the Raiders. They played the Cowboys and Giants tough. I think their defense got tougher as the season went on, looking at the scores.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/schedule/schedule.html