PDA

View Full Version : Man, Teddy says the right things

Tad7
03-20-2015, 06:06 PM
..and more importantly, it seems like he really believes what he's saying.

From the Pioneer Press (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27751776/vikings-teddy-bridgewater-committed-building-something-special):

the fan's choice for 2014 NFL rookie of the year reflects on the optimism his debut season spawned in Minnesota by demanding more of himself.

"I wasn't impressed," he told the Pioneer Press this week.

"Yes, we did some good things as a team," he continued, "but we could have been much better finishing games. That's what separates championship teams and determining whether you're playing games in January or watching games in January."

Bridgewater won six of his 12 starts, both Vikings rookie records. His 64.4 completion percentage was the third-highest by a rookie in NFL history behind Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (66.4 in 2004) and Washington's Robert Griffin III (65.6 in 2012).

Meh.

"I left a ton of plays out there, whether it was due to poor mechanics, bad ball placements, overthrows, underthrows," Bridgewater said. "We want to be a big-play offense, and I have to continue to execute and play at a high level to allow our guys to make those big plays."

If Rudolph was the pied piper who recruited several of his offensive teammates to Orange County for a week of workouts and bonding, Bridgewater was the blue chip among running back Jerick McKinnon, wide receiver Charles Johnson and newly signed tight end Brandon Bostick.

With Adrian Peterson exiled and brooding for a trade, there is no doubt the Vikings are Teddy's team.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2015/0318/20150318__150319Vikes-Johnson-jump.jpg

MaxVike
03-20-2015, 06:53 PM
..and more importantly, it seems like he really believes what he's saying.

From the Pioneer Press (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27751776/vikings-teddy-bridgewater-committed-building-something-special):

the fan's choice for 2014 NFL rookie of the year reflects on the optimism his debut season spawned in Minnesota by demanding more of himself.

"I wasn't impressed," he told the Pioneer Press this week.

"Yes, we did some good things as a team," he continued, "but we could have been much better finishing games. That's what separates championship teams and determining whether you're playing games in January or watching games in January."

Bridgewater won six of his 12 starts, both Vikings rookie records. His 64.4 completion percentage was the third-highest by a rookie in NFL history behind Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (66.4 in 2004) and Washington's Robert Griffin III (65.6 in 2012).

Meh.

"I left a ton of plays out there, whether it was due to poor mechanics, bad ball placements, overthrows, underthrows," Bridgewater said. "We want to be a big-play offense, and I have to continue to execute and play at a high level to allow our guys to make those big plays."

If Rudolph was the pied piper who recruited several of his offensive teammates to Orange County for a week of workouts and bonding, Bridgewater was the blue chip among running back Jerick McKinnon, wide receiver Charles Johnson and newly signed tight end Brandon Bostick.

With Adrian Peterson exiled and brooding for a trade, there is no doubt the Vikings are Teddy's team.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2015/0318/20150318__150319Vikes-Johnson-jump.jpg

Optimistic…very. :clap:

snowinapril
03-20-2015, 07:23 PM
I am hoping that Wallace and Teddy would be able to work out in Florida. Sounded like Wallace was going to do some foot quickness work with a speed coach in Houston along with Emanuel Sanders I think.

digital420
03-21-2015, 07:26 AM
like it!! now get Patterson / Wallace / Adam with him!!

VikingMike
03-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Great leaders lead by example. I Like Teddy and I like what he said...I'm happy he's not satisfied with how the team performed last season. But I'm not a Viking player. What's critical is that his players look to him as the leader, and that he's comfortable with it.

It's now clear that AD doesn't want to play for us, even though he's under contract. I've never thought AD was a leader, as good as he is. And Ponder never had the confidence of the players to be a good leader.

We really need Teddy to continue to progress, and become a dominant QB. His attitude is right, I hope his skills will be...but this is a very good start in the right direction.

PInfante97
03-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Teddy is everything you want as the face of your franchise... we really are lucky we landed him

rockymtdan
03-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Timing could not be better for Teddy to step in and lead this team. AP could not represent himself any worse.The Little bitch!
AD= All Dickhead.
I really don't care if he is on this team or not, but I do care that he gets his ass handed to him for his childish behavior. Spielmen smack down.
IMO

NodakPaul
03-23-2015, 03:50 PM
there is no doubt the Vikings are Teddy's team.

Amen.

derek
03-23-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm riding with Teddy. Period.
so... since i dont know him personally, I obviously have no idea what Teddy is like in 'real life' outside of the game. That said, what things i've heard in that regard have been positive.
And That said, i'm actually NOT one who needs my players to be 'perfect' off of the field anyway (i will save most of my views on that for another thread).

i definitely AM one who places an EXTREMEly high value on professionalism and hard work, drive, commitment & teamwork ON the field though. (i know i know, who doesn't, right?)

THIS guy seems to have ALL of that good stuff in buckets. i've just got a fantastic feeling about this kid.
So, yeah, i'm going by what my gut is telling me....i am all in on Bridgewater.

it takes a lot for me to want to own a players jersey or Tshirt, in fact i've never purchased one myself (sure i've had a few given to me as gifts over the years, which i am happy to own....#10, #80, #93 & #84...). and I still wish i had a Winfield jersey, he will go down as one of my faves.

but yes, i myself WILL be buying something with Teddys #5 on it.
This kid has be believin'...

snowinapril
03-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Just yesterday, I watched the video clip of him and the two NFL AM crew interviewing him the day of or day before about the Pepsi Rookie Award. He said all the right things. E.D. was like, "you got it, we are going to be talking about you winning games (playoffs).

When I watch it, I don't quite see "it" but I can tell the former players see "it."

VikingMike
03-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Do you think the Texans want a do-over to pick Teddy #1?

2014 NFL Draft do-over: Texans get Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481150/article/2014-nfl-draft-doover-texans-get-teddy-bridgewater-at-no-1)