PDA

View Full Version : Why not just have had Wallace and Jennings?

PInfante97
03-15-2015, 04:34 PM
I mean why cut Greg Jennings? Would of been 2 nice targets for Teddy... Now if Amari Cooper is on the board you will pull the trigger.... Could of kept both and went LG or CB...

They must have plans to use the 5 mil saved on top of everything else they had... otherwise it really makes no sense

Tad7
03-15-2015, 07:55 PM
6 million in dead money.....man...smh

midgensa
03-16-2015, 03:48 PM
That is a lot in dead money, but it is still $5 million more in cap total. Jennings probably is not worth $5 million at this point, so they pulled the trigger when he would not restructure.

No biggie. Not fun to see, but business as usual in the NFL.

tarkenton10
03-17-2015, 10:39 AM
6 million in dead money.....man...smh

And he is still guaranteed 3 mill. in salary, this was a very stupid move IMO! We really only saved 3mill. in cap money.

RK.
03-17-2015, 11:05 AM
I think they are really looking to the draft to sign a receiver. There are only so many guys you can carry on the roster at that position.

Ted Dibiase
03-17-2015, 11:31 AM
And he is still guaranteed 3 mill. in salary, this was a very stupid move IMO! We really only saved 3mill. in cap money.
His cap hit would have been 11 mil, with 6 mil of that being dead money=5 mil saved on the cap by cutting him...I think. I'm pretty sure his actual guaranteed salary is already figured in with that 6 mil dead money...still not the right move IMO. And I do think that they will try to draft a receiver like RK says.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/greg-jennings/

C Mac D
03-17-2015, 11:42 AM
He wasn't worth the cap hit, not even close. We can easily replace his production with, well, pretty much anyone.

Ted Dibiase
03-17-2015, 11:56 AM
He wasn't worth the cap hit, not even close. We can easily replace his production with, well, pretty much anyone.
Yeah I guess I'm looking at it more from the angle of veteran presence for the second-year QB, seems like a good community/locker room guy...but you're right his production has been nothing special at all. I'm not heartbroken by the move or anything, I just expected it to come next year.

C Mac D
03-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Yeah I guess I'm looking at it more from the angle of veteran presence for the second-year QB, seems like a good community/locker room guy...but you're right his production has been nothing special at all. I'm not heartbroken by the move or anything, I just expected it to come next year.

Well, his presence in the lockerroom would definitely be better than Wallace's... that's for sure. It's not that big of a deal because we don't really have any young talent at WR that is worth developing... aside from Wright, but he's going into his 4th NFL season.

tastywaves
03-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Well, his presence in the lockerroom would definitely be better than Wallace's... that's for sure.

No one will ever measure up to Shiancoe's locker room presence.

C Mac D
03-17-2015, 01:26 PM

Childress still daydreams about it.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2009/1229/20091229__childress_%20brad_300.jpg

midgensa
03-17-2015, 01:43 PM

This is the bottom line here. With or without Wallace, Jennings was not worth a $5 million cap hit. So, you cut him if he won't restructure. With Wallace, he became even more expendable and had less leverage in the bargaining of a restructure.

So, in the end, you part ways. He will latch on somewhere and will be at less than that $5 million number for sure, because he is not worth it.

PInfante97
03-17-2015, 07:55 PM

he still hasnt fully left yet

Marrdro
03-20-2015, 06:40 PM
I paid for the "All 22" coaches tape last year. Jennings just wasn't demanding a double all the time and guys like Jarius and Charlie J were.

No need to keep an old aging vet on the roster who isn't being effective.

Unless of course you believe we need to keep old players around to teach our youngsters. You know, the job our coaches are paid to do?

MaxVike
03-20-2015, 08:15 PM
I like our WR corp.

Wallace adds the obvious, speed, and, the not so obvious…he is a solid Red Zone receiver due to his quickness.

Rudy, please STAY HEALTHY dammit.

Jarius Wright is underrated and will continue to improve in 2015. I like what he brings to the table…I can't recall him dropping a pass, I'm sure he has, but, I can't remember.

If Norv is excited about Charles Johnson, I defer…he definitely proved himself the last few games of '14. This story seems too good to be true, but, the kid has talent, and, apparently a good work ethic. Even better.

I have all the expectations that Patterson will improve and be a viable option, even if in limited packages. Patterson has far too much speed and football instincts to not contribute. Not to mention that he loves life and contributes to the community, I love the kid.

If the Vikes choose to add one of the top 3 WRs, this offense could be formidable for the foreseeable future IMHO. If not, it will still be good enough to win more than they lose.