PDA

View Full Version : Stevan Ridley

PInfante97
03-10-2015, 09:17 PM
If/when Adrian gets traded I think Ridley is our best possible option... not a bad 1-2-3 punch Ridley lead back, McKinnon the 3rd down/ scat back, and Asiata the goal line guy....

Times are changing, Its Teddy's team the Adrian Peterson era of Vikings football is about to end... but so did the Moss era, Chris Carter era, Anthony Carter ers... etc it all comes to an end...

At least we've been good at always having that type of guy to be the face of the franchise...

Its Teddy's turn... RB's just arent that important anymore . We had one of the best ever and have no rings to show for it. You need a QB, and thats why every year there is only like 10 teams that really have a chance to win the super bowl.

Tad7
03-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Adrian IS important though. Obviously it is a QB era but it's not Adrian Peterson's fault he's played with mediocre to terrible quarterbacks. The one year he had a good one, the Vikings were one of those teams with a very legitimate chance. Teddy looks like he can be a good one and Adrian can help that become something special.

It's hard for me to even have an opinion on something like Ridley joining the Vikings, I'd need to see AP leave first.

midgensa
03-10-2015, 10:52 PM
I think I agree with Tad here.

It is not the end of the AD era here until AD is gone. He is that good and will likely still be that good for a couple of seasons.

I have no problem with trading him if the price is right. But a team with Teddy and Adrian is much greater than a team with Teddy and Ridley (though I do like Ridley). I think it is looking more likely that AD is going to be in purple this year. The Cards seemed to make room for him, but I think Spielman is (correctly) holding out for a first round pick at least and I don't know if people want to pony up for that considering the contract and the PR that would come along with it.

I hope that he stays, but am completely comfortable with moving him. But arguing we are better without him because it is the "Teddy" era seems a little silly.

jargomcfargo
03-10-2015, 11:56 PM
I think I agree with Tad here.

It is not the end of the AD era here until AD is gone. He is that good and will likely still be that good for a couple of seasons.

I have no problem with trading him if the price is right. But a team with Teddy and Adrian is much greater than a team with Teddy and Ridley (though I do like Ridley). I think it is looking more likely that AD is going to be in purple this year. The Cards seemed to make room for him, but I think Spielman is (correctly) holding out for a first round pick at least and I don't know if people want to pony up for that considering the contract and the PR that would come along with it.

I hope that he stays, but am completely comfortable with moving him. But arguing we are better without him because it is the "Teddy" era seems a little silly.

I would just like to see one season with Teddy and AP as well as a healthy offensive line. But if it is not to be, I'm fine with that as well. But I would always wonde,r what would happen, and how far could the Vikings go, with both AP and Teddy playing. The way it was supposed to be.

PInfante97
03-11-2015, 07:27 AM
im not at all saying we are better with out Adrian.. because we are not. but i want a quicker solution.. in or out adrian? we got a team to build... no need to pussy foot around. wish we could of had that answer before all the top free agents got taken we would of had an extra 13mil to play with if he leaves.... i just want to know is he in or not?