PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested in Revis?

kevoncox
03-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I would love to have him. Being able to take away one side of the field or 1 player and let Rhodes get the other will improve our defense in a big way. I would gladly give up 2 mediocre signings on defense to make a huge jump in the pass secondary. Anyone else wishing?

Tad7
03-09-2015, 07:45 PM
If we get rid of Peterson's salary, this would be one of the few things to make me feel better about it lol. I feel like it would be impossible otherwise. I read yesterday that another team would have to "drastically outbid" NE for him to leave.

But Revis+Rhodes+Smith...wowwwww!

RK.
03-09-2015, 10:37 PM
We can't afford him.

vikesrgreat2
03-10-2015, 08:23 AM
I'd rather draft Trae Waynes in the first round. He could start opposite Rhodes almost right away. He would help the team get better in an area of weakness.

purplehelmut
03-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Too much coin for one guy, especially a CB.

midgensa
03-10-2015, 09:58 AM
Anyone with a brain would like to have Darrelle Revis. The question is whether or not he is worth the price.

Honestly, he is not. Even as good as he is. If he is going to cost anywhere near $15 million or more, which he appears moving toward ... then he is not worth it. No player is except for a QB. Suh is going to cripple the Dolphins with that contract. CJ81 has already significantly hurt the Lions with his. JJ Watt will hurt his team in the long run.

Now, if Revis is a one-year rental. Maybe. But do we think we are really contenders right now?

tarkenton10
03-10-2015, 02:01 PM
I would love to have him. Being able to take away one side of the field or 1 player and let Rhodes get the other will improve our defense in a big way. I would gladly give up 2 mediocre signings on defense to make a huge jump in the pass secondary. Anyone else wishing?

No, 15 mill is just too much for him. He will get around that figure and we could use that money elsewhere. I think we could get Cromartie for about 8 or 9 mill, that would be a decent pickup.

C Mac D
03-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Would love to get Brandon Browner or Revis... let's see if our limp-dick GM does anything about that.

(answer: he won't)