PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson Statement Lacks Vikings References

MaxVike
02-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Feb 27, 2015 | 11:42 pm
PETERSONíS STATEMENT LACKS VIKINGS REFERENCES
John Holler
VikingUpdate.com

http://min.scout.com/story/1522101-peterson-s-statement-lacks-vikings-references?s=63

snowinapril
02-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Of the people he thanked, no one from the Vikings was not included Ė which could be a telling statement. It would seem natural that, if Peterson felt the Vikings had his back, they would have been included in the blanket list of thank youís he handed out.

This is the writer's interpretation. Peterson's isn't speaking, his representation is speaking. That statement was clearly not written by Peterson. With that said, I am sure Peterson wants to move on, they are trying to make that happen by using certain words and not using others.

This is all about money.

And the agents are smart enough to know that by doing this, they are provoking the fans like us to get upset. They take a few choice comments back to Peterson and say, "look, even the fans have turned on you. The organization and the fans we better look for another team."

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. This is one instance that I can honestly say that the organization is right and the player is wrong. Peterson's actions got him to the place he is in and everything after that is just a repercussion of the initial action. We paid him instead of suspending him. We paid him instead of cutting him. I think that we may have politely asked him to restructure. I think he was insulted. But him wanting to leave is bullshit. That is the disloyalty I see. He hasn't even given the players and the coaches a chance. He has given up on the players. He would also be one of the Veteran leaders on this team and is clearly not up for that, running away from that role I guess.

Peterson has given up on US! And like I said, he has given up on Zim and Turner, doesn't really know them. If he went to Dallas, Linehan would know him. He has given up on his teammates. I would like to hear what they have to say once AP is gone. If he is back, everything will be forgotten by the players and coaches. I think initially, the fans of Minnesota might even boo him.

RK.
02-28-2015, 02:44 PM
You know this is all starting to remind me of Culpeper. If AP starts working out at a shopping center gym we are screwed.

snowinapril
03-01-2015, 01:16 PM
You know this is all starting to remind me of Culpeper. If AP starts working out at a shopping center gym we are screwed.

I think I must have forgot about that on purpose. This is similar.

If I remember right, nobody wanted Daunte and we couldn't get anything for him so we cut him???

I think there was a little more to it though. Didn't Childress challenge DC or tell him they are opening up the competition?

snowinapril
03-01-2015, 03:19 PM
I think it was a bit different, I think that we want AP where we were just trying to make a last ditch effort to get something out of DC in the form of a trade. I think Childress pretty much told him he was gone, at some sort of sit down dinner if I remember it right. DC was not a Peyton Manning or Brady, the best at his position. AP is. DC was competing against Schaub and Brees plus some possible college studs at the time like Lienert and Vince Young. I think Matt Ryan was in there also. Brees and DC were coming off an injury right. Vikings didn't want to pay the guaranteed money and neither did anyone else, didn't have a trade in place so they released him. AP doesn't have an amount owed to him other than a workout bonus of 250,000 and his game checks starting in Sept. He has made almost $72,000,000 with the Vikings to date.

Hypothetically, if AP was due 9,000,000 roster bonus on March 10th, that would put us in a predicament of trading or cutting him. He is not due any roster bonus or guaranteed money. He is under contract through 2017 and is an UFA in 2018. He is due more money each year of his contract (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/adrian-peterson/). I think that the talking skulls on TV forget this a lot when they are talking about "last game in Purple, he will be with some other team next year." Other teams will have to compensate us. If you are OK with AP going for fair value trade, this seems to be the best time. Supply and demand is in effect. We have a player that Teams value, he has a value to us also. The most teams have the most money right now before the FA starts to put together a deal that would be able to compensate us and AP. Once FA starts, it is going to be tougher for teams to still have enough money to sign the FAs and the draft picks and stay within the cap. My guess is a draft day trade is near impossible with APs contract size. I could be wrong on that draft day trade, unsure if there is a way to cut players or acquire players and then restructure the contract????

I am interested in how this plays out. The worst thing that happens if he stays in MN against his will next year would be him faking an injury and sitting out games to preserve his health. That wouldn't do him much good for his career stats. Oh well.

IF you want some mind numbing entertainment, search Culpepper threads and read a few.

midgensa
03-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Snow is right here. This really is not the same as Culpepper at all.

Culpepper was coming off a horrific injury after a miserable start to a season in 2005. Culpepper was never as good at QB as Adrian Peterson is at RB. Peterson's demand and contract situation could net us a pick as high as the first round. Daunte netted a second rounder ... and everyone knew it was a steal.

Childress and Culpepper obviously did not see eye-to-eye because Childress basically said he was not just going to be anointed the starter and DC pouted about it. Zimmer has openly welcomed back Adrian and said he will be the guy.

The ONLY similarly is they are both extremely selfish and idiotic in what they think of the situation. Daunte was extremely idiotic to think that his 2004 season mattered after seven terrible games in 2005 and after a major injury. Adrian Peterson is an idiot to think that any other team would have treated him differently. Hell, he is an idiot if he doesn't think the Vikings treaded lightly with everything. It is a big similarity. But I would be SHOCKED if we outright cut this guy and take the hit. Especially because he clearly has trade value.

purplehelmut
03-02-2015, 03:09 PM
We won't be seeing Mr. Peterson in a Vikings uniform again. He wants out and the Vikings want him out. All that remains is what another team is willing to give and what the Vikings are willing to take.

RK.
03-02-2015, 04:00 PM
The ONLY similarly is they are both extremely selfish and idiotic in what they think of the situation.

Thats what I was referring to. DC wanted to play in Florida and AP seems to want to play in Dallas.

midgensa
03-02-2015, 04:43 PM
We won't be seeing Mr. Peterson in a Vikings uniform again. He wants out and the Vikings want him out. All that remains is what another team is willing to give and what the Vikings are willing to take.

Possibly.

Remember ... players are just players. If they lift his suspension and he starts getting around the other guys he is comfy with in the locker room and they want him back ... then who knows.

I don't care either way at this point. But I would not part with him for nothing. I would gladly let him waste the last few years of his career sitting out if that is his choice. I still think he has a lot more trade value than people realize because he could be the guy to get someone over the hump. But what we can get remains to be seen. To dump his contract and get a couple of draft picks? Well worth it. Maybe a 1 and a 5 or a 2 and a 4 ... or something like that.

Who knows. But we should hold out, because we have all the leverage.

AngloVike
03-03-2015, 04:27 AM
Possibly.
I don't care either way at this point. But I would not part with him for nothing. I would gladly let him waste the last few years of his career sitting out if that is his choice.

I wonder how much of this is his choice and how much is a combination of his wife chirping in his ear along with his agent. If it is decided from his side that he wants out then fine and lets move on as long as we don't screw ourself in any trade talks. Much as I like AP I don't want to keep him here if he doesn't want to play here.

midgensa
03-03-2015, 09:20 AM
I wonder how much of this is his choice and how much is a combination of his wife chirping in his ear along with his agent. If it is decided from his side that he wants out then fine and lets move on as long as we don't screw ourself in any trade talks. Much as I like AP I don't want to keep him here if he doesn't want to play here.

Oh. I don't either. But I definitely don't want to move him or cut him just because he is whining.

I am not OK with cutting him outright or giving him away for a fifth rounder just to move him. Let him stew at that point.

tarkenton10
03-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Oh. I don't either. But I definitely don't want to move him or cut him just because he is whining.

I am not OK with cutting him outright or giving him away for a fifth rounder just to move him. Let him stew at that point.

I would let him rot on the bench rather then give him away for a fifth rounder. And I would not give him to a contender, if he wants to be a jerk about this then let's play some hard ball. I say we send him to Oakland where a player goes to die. And make sure they cannot trade him a year or two later.