PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson reinstated

MaxVike
02-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Adrian Peterson Ruling Overturned; Suspension Over
By Eric J. Thompson  @eric_j_thompson on Feb 26, 2015, 11:51a 51

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/2/26/8115845/adrian-peterson-ruling-overturned-suspenion-reinstated-minnesota-vikings

C Mac D
02-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately this is more symbolic than anything else. Has little affect on the Vikes... Peterson has played his last game in purple.

BadlandsVikings
02-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Trade him to the Raiders

tarkenton10
02-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Trade him to the Raiders

With a stipulation they cannot trade him to the Cowgirls.

C Mac D
02-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Also, he has not been reinstated. The NFL is appealing the decision.

C Mac D
02-26-2015, 03:56 PM
With a stipulation they cannot trade him to the Cowgirls.

Let him go to the Cowboys, they're not winning anything with Romo at the helm.

RK.
02-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Unfortunately this is more symbolic than anything else. Has little affect on the Vikes... Peterson has played his last game in purple.

This has a huge effect because now they can communicate with one another. Under suspension the Vikes were not allowed to talk to AP and vise versa. I hope they work out what ever differences they have and that we will see AP in purple again this season.

RK.
02-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Trade him to the Raiders

For what??? Is there something the Raiders have that you actually want or is worth losing AP for? Maybe some of their cheerleaders but other than that?

rockymtdan
02-26-2015, 05:43 PM
For what??? Is there something the Raiders have that you actually want or is worth losing AP for? Maybe some of their cheerleaders but other than that?

this year 1st and 2nd next years 1st and the whole cheerleader squad for this weekend.

C Mac D
02-26-2015, 06:01 PM
This has a huge effect because now they can communicate with one another. Under suspension the Vikes were not allowed to talk to AP and vise versa. I hope they work out what ever differences they have and that we will see AP in purple again this season.

He's still suspended. The ban has not been lifted and the NFL is appealing the decision. The title to this thread is incorrect.

BadlandsVikings
02-26-2015, 06:10 PM

I just think making him miserable would be fun....I'm sure they froze Al Davis' head, we could put that in the new stadium to scare children

MaxVike
02-26-2015, 06:32 PM
He's still suspended. The ban has not been lifted and the NFL is appealing the decision. The title to this thread is incorrect.

It was correct, for a few minutes, until the NFL appealed.

snowinapril
02-27-2015, 01:05 AM
The judge sends it back to the arbitrator and says that you screwed up, you need to only base your conclusion on this area and you have to argue grounds to keep the suspension within this area and convince me.

Adrian Peterson update: He has not been reinstated. Case has been returned to arbiter Harold Henderson, with narrow parameters for decision.

Jacksonville, Oakland, or Browns. The Browns are my choice. They have 2 draft picks in the first round that would allow us to get Melvin Gordon if they give us one of those.

Cowboys and Indy would be be the upper tier teams, probably where AP would want to be.

C Mac D
02-27-2015, 10:29 AM
It was correct, for a few minutes, until the NFL appealed.

No it wasn't, he was never reinstated. The ruling being overturned and being reinstated are two different things.

tarkenton10
02-27-2015, 10:35 AM
No it wasn't, he was never reinstated. The ruling being overturned and being reinstated are two different things.

From the information I have gathered I would say he was reinstated and then put on the Commissioner's exempt list.
Why would the statement say he was put BACK on the Commissioner's exempt list unless he was off it? That makes me assume that his suspension is over and he is on the Commissioner's list until they can find a resolution with an arbitrator. At least that is what I think happened.

tarkenton10
02-27-2015, 10:44 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2015/02/26/adrian-peterson-judge-david-doty-decision-overturns-arbitrator/24059545/

For now, the most significant change to Peterson's status is that Vikings officials can talk to him again and begin addressing the concerns he's said for months that he has about him and his family returning to Minnesota.

League spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed "the commissioner's exempt list permits a player and team to communicate" – something that wasn't allowed while he was suspended.

So he was reinstated and then put on the commissioner's list, interesting read by the way.

C Mac D
02-27-2015, 02:15 PM
From the information I have gathered I would say he was reinstated and then put on the Commissioner's exempt list.
Why would the statement say he was put BACK on the Commissioner's exempt list unless he was off it? That makes me assume that his suspension is over and he is on the Commissioner's list until they can find a resolution with an arbitrator. At least that is what I think happened.

Well you'd be wrong. He was never reinstated.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/571022939719643136

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2015/02/26/while-judge-overturns-adrian-peterson-suspension-it-doesnt-mean-hes-reinstated/

Now on to the issue of Peterson’s reinstatement. Doty concluded his decision by ordering that “the case is remanded for such further proceedings consistent with this order as the CBA may permit.” Normally, when the case is sent back, the arbitrator will respect it and not divert too dramatically from it. That would mean that Peterson could be reinstated. However, it is theoretically possible that the NFL could argue that the Peterson suspension is wholly justified under the old policy.

Peterson is eligible for reinstatement on April 15. Assuming he would have been reinstated, he would not miss any games as the three game suspension in 2015 only relates to game day pay. So maybe reinstating him now doesn’t change too much for the NFL apart from optics and leaves them with an unfavorable precedent.

C Mac D
02-27-2015, 02:17 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2015/02/26/adrian-peterson-judge-david-doty-decision-overturns-arbitrator/24059545/

For now, the most significant change to Peterson's status is that Vikings officials can talk to him again and begin addressing the concerns he's said for months that he has about him and his family returning to Minnesota.

League spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed "the commissioner's exempt list permits a player and team to communicate" – something that wasn't allowed while he was suspended.

So he was reinstated and then put on the commissioner's list, interesting read by the way.

Did you even read the article you just posted? It's in the very first sentence...

The NFL isn't reinstating Adrian Peterson yet.

MaxVike
02-27-2015, 06:09 PM

Ok, lash me about the head and shoulders with a wet squirrel…sorry.

JPPT1974
02-27-2015, 11:36 PM
May need to cut him to start all over for the team.

tarkenton10
03-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Did you even read the article you just posted? It's in the very first sentence...

I thought they meant that they were going to put him on the exempt list. Kinda like not so fast, you are not going to stay reinstated, we are going to stop the injunction.

thejck
03-02-2015, 12:19 PM
i didnt think they could put him on that exempt list without his permission.
unless he thinks if he is on there then he can get paid and not have to play.

rockymtdan
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
I just think making him miserable would be fun....I'm sure they froze Al Davis' head, we could put that in the new stadium to scare children

I would defiantly trade AP for AD's head