PDA

View Full Version : Peterson will never play for the Vikings again !

jargomcfargo
02-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Report says tempers flare at combine between Petersons agent and Vikings executive. Report says they had to be separated.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Tempers_flare_at_combine_between_Petersons_agent_Viking_exec022315

C Mac D
02-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Report says tempers flare at combine between Petersons agent and Vikings executive. Report says they had to be separated.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Tempers_flare_at_combine_between_Petersons_agent_Viking_exec022315

Was just reading this story.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/2/23/8092473/report-adrian-petersons-agent-in-shouting-match-with-rob-brzezinski

battleaxe4cheese
02-23-2015, 04:28 PM
He's gone for sure. Fine by me.

raptorman
02-23-2015, 04:55 PM
This guy has had run in with other teams officials. I wouldn't make to much of it. He is just posturing for a better position for Peterson. Peterson has very little leverage in the situation. Right now he has three options. Play for the Vikings. Hold out, and retire. Only one requires the Vikings to pay him. He should be careful what he wishes for....which teams have the cap space to trade for him? The Jet, Brown, Jacksonville, Oakland......Maybe the Colts.

Which team will pay him his $12.75 million?

thorshammer
02-23-2015, 06:43 PM
AP should at least hear Zim out. I don't think the Boys can pay him what he thinks he should get. I guess time will tell. Didn't we just pay him a boatload of money to do nothing last year. I would have done nothing for half that. C'Mon man.

Tad7
02-23-2015, 07:36 PM
I can't wait for this nonsense to end...

and hopefully the nonsense ends with Adrian Peterson lined up behind Teddy Bridgewater week 1 of the regular season

PInfante97
02-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Adrian is gone I just hope they can make this a quick break up so we can play with our 13 mil of cap space in free agency.. 13 mil of cap space and an extra draft pick from whoever we trade him to. Ill take it, he's 30 and this is Teddy's team now. The Adrian Peterson era is over and the Teddy Bridgwater era is beginning.... Its happened b4 will happen again. Anthony Carter, Chris Carter & Moss, Culpepper... at least we've been gd over the years having big name players...

tastywaves
02-23-2015, 09:21 PM
I can't wait for this nonsense to end...

and hopefully the nonsense ends with Adrian Peterson lined up behind Teddy Bridgewater week 1 of the regular season

Hang in there Tad, that's what this is, nonsense. The Vikings hold all the cards, if they want him, he's theirs. If not, he's gone. Either way, it will probably end up being the right move.

Everyone has a value, if Peterson is exceeding his, then he should go. If they can work something out, the past will disappear quickly.

snowinapril
02-24-2015, 12:06 AM
AP should at least hear Zim out. I don't think the Boys can pay him what he thinks he should get. I guess time will tell. Didn't we just pay him a boatload of money to do nothing last year. I would have done nothing for half that. C'Mon man.

I said it, we get Demarco, they get Peterson and we get a the 1st rounder and maybe a 3rd from the Cowboys this year. They pay Peterson full price and we pay Demarco. Hmmmmm should Rick ask for more?

snowinapril
02-24-2015, 02:13 AM
What if this argument was "hey are you the stupidest most idiotic agent ever?"

"STOP insulting me for having the dumbestest RB ever! He won't keep his fucking mouth shut."

"No, you are just trying to fuck shit up and play this out in the media. Go screw yourself if you can't keep your client from messing with the team mentality that we have built."

snowinapril
02-24-2015, 02:33 AM
The agent is feeding lines to the media. You see the different articles and they sound the same.

They have to be pissed that the Vikings approached them to restructure. Peterson and his agent don't want a pay cut, not to mention Peterson's wife. They are trying to get the Vikings to stop asking. Maybe the Vikings have already asked too many times.

Once again, if the Vikings don't get any takers on a realistic trade where we will be compensated, I would sit on his contract, let him retire. Let him pull a Barry Sanders, Barry did it with class though. He knew his option and he didn't waiver, walked away. The Lions looked like dicks but oh well. Players have an obligation to play there contracts. If another team isn't going to compensate us for the 30 year old RB, then it is in our best interest to hide him from playing again. I would never allow him to get away in an even trade and then have the opportunity to stop us from advancing in the playoffs at some point.

If we were to get anything for him, now is the time to get rid of him, he is fresh and he has 3 good years in him, then the drop off years.

MaxVike
02-24-2015, 09:25 AM
The agent is feeding lines to the media. You see the different articles and they sound the same.

They have to be pissed that the Vikings approached them to restructure. Peterson and his agent don't want a pay cut, not to mention Peterson's wife. They are trying to get the Vikings to stop asking. Maybe the Vikings have already asked too many times.

Once again, if the Vikings don't get any takers on a realistic trade where we will be compensated, I would sit on his contract, let him retire. Let him pull a Barry Sanders, Barry did it with class though. He knew his option and he didn't waiver, walked away. The Lions looked like dicks but oh well. Players have an obligation to play there contracts. If another team isn't going to compensate us for the 30 year old RB, then it is in our best interest to hide him from playing again. I would never allow him to get away in an even trade and then have the opportunity to stop us from advancing in the playoffs at some point.

If we were to get anything for him, now is the time to get rid of him, he is fresh and he has 3 good years in him, then the drop off years.

Pretty much where my head is too…

I guess I'm still holding out hope that he wakes up, more publicly gets involved in activity against child abuse, and embraces the good people of Minnesota and us fans elsewhere. However, I think we've pretty much concluded that he isn't intelligent enough to see the lifelong importance of the aforementioned.

I think the Wilfs are just stubborn enough to hold on to him, pay, fine, etc., if they can't get a shipload of value in a trade. It's certainly making for interesting late Feb drama.

tarkenton10
02-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Pretty much where my head is too…

I guess I'm still holding out hope that he wakes up, more publicly gets involved in activity against child abuse, and embraces the good people of Minnesota and us fans elsewhere. However, I think we've pretty much concluded that he isn't intelligent enough to see the lifelong importance of the aforementioned.

I think the Wilfs are just stubborn enough to hold on to him, pay, fine, etc., if they can't get a shipload of value in a trade. It's certainly making for interesting late Feb drama.

Let him wither on the vine, if he doesn't want to play for us, he can quit or bench him.

PInfante97
02-24-2015, 08:47 PM
Hmmmmm should Rick ask for more?

"and i want David fucking Putny too just cause i feel like it"

if you havent saw the movie 'Draft Day' you did not get this post...