PDA

View Full Version : Adrian "not in a good place" with the Vikings

Tad7
02-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Interesting article here from ESPN http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12350074/adrian-peterson-unsure-potential-return-minnesota-vikings

Peterson said the reason he earlier claimed "of course" he wants to come back to the Vikings was for his teammates, not the organization. His wife also wants him to start fresh somewhere else and he's weighing that in his mind.

jargomcfargo
02-19-2015, 11:58 PM
This kind of crap can only happen to Vikings fans ! I swear.

snowinapril
02-20-2015, 03:12 AM
Not in a good place, grow up and stop with the baby man antics.

The grass is going to look greener on the other side of the fence. They are all going to court you and make you feel special. The Vikings did stand by you by paying you a salary. The Vikings didn't know that the NFL was going to FUCK them too. Stop acting like the only victim, every Viking fan and the Vikings are in the same boat, the fucking LOVE BOAT. Gopher's Day starring Bill Murray's brother.

He is talking about emotion and business. What is AP thinking like, an emotional little bitch. Start thinking business minded AP, honor your contract. Stop making it difficult for the Vikings to plan for the upcoming season. Stop talking and start getting your head on straight. This isn't hate from me, it is tough love. You are either going to grow a pair or let those things get sucked up in your vaginal orifice.

This is the shit I was talking about in the other thread. He doesn't sound grateful at all.

If he would have owned up to being wrong in the first place instead of taking his high road, he may not have taken the course he did with the fans, NFL and the sponsors. Probably wouldn't have helped that much but it would have been a better option. It is what they do in politics. Admit, ask God for forgiveness and move on, people forget.

thorshammer
02-20-2015, 06:30 AM
That sucks. I sure hope he comes back. I still want Adrian in purple.

BadlandsVikings
02-20-2015, 07:40 AM
If he leaves, I hope the Vikes don't pull a Twins/Twolves deal and bring him back for one more year after the wheels have fallen off

C Mac D
02-20-2015, 08:56 AM
His wife also wants him to start fresh somewhere else and he's weighing that in his mind.

Women, amiright?

tarkenton10
02-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Women, amiright?

Amen, brotha!!

BadlandsVikings
02-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Amen, brotha!!

June never made Ward switch jobs for beating Wally and the Beav

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/edd96f97fed09813eea86df61d5f54a5.jpg

purplehelmut
02-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Maybe should have been thinking about "his brand" when he was switching that youngin' on his nutsack. Peterson got what was coming to him given the climate the NFL was in. He should man up and take responsibility and move on. This whole thing is starting to wear thin for me. Dude has about three good years left in him and he should be grateful we don't ship him out. If I was GM and could get fair compensation, I'd get rid of him. RBs aren't that difficult to replace and they aren't as critical to an offense as they once were. I'm fine with him coming back, but for sweet Jerry Crist, stop the whining.

RK.
02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Start Fresh???? What like some other town isn't going to know that he switched his kid?? What BS. I think this crap goes out just to see what kind of offers come in. Follow the money......

Tad7
02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
I really do wonder if Adrian is dumb enough to believe what he's saying. I hope he realizes that any other team would've handled things the same way or worse.

That being said, no matter how many times Adrian makes himself look bad, I still want him back on the Vikes in 2015 and even at the full price if necessary.

MaxVike
02-21-2015, 10:01 AM
You have got to be fucking kidding me…cry me a river Adrian. So, let me get this straight: the good people of Minnesota didn't embrace you after you were indicted for abusing your child? Well, I live in Delaware and travel all over the country, and I got news for you…NOBODY did dumbass. Oh, and NOBODY, anywhere, has any sympathy for someone who was paid $691,176.50 a week not to play. So, the Team that "through you under the bus" paid you $11,750,000.50. Then, to hide behind your wife's feelings, this is truly unbelievable.

You want a fresh start? YOU? Either you turn this nonsense around and embrace us fans and the Team that paid you, or, get out.

PAViking
02-21-2015, 12:11 PM
Maybe this is his way of avoiding the conversation of taking a pay cut. You know the old "why would I take a pay cut if I don't feel comfortable here."

I believe this is all part of the positioning game. Whether it be for a trade or something else, who knows.
I agree with most on this site and prefer him to be a Viking in 2015.

RK.
02-21-2015, 12:20 PM
When his wife says fresh start I wonder does that mean selling their Texas home and moving out of that state? After all that is where his problems were. It was the Texas courts that went after him. I'm just saying......

vikinggreg
02-21-2015, 01:37 PM
I think in Viking speak fresh start = Oakland Raiders

Get Mark Davis on the phone

midgensa
02-21-2015, 01:42 PM
This is just some crybaby shit right here.

He is an idiot. He has NO ground to stand on. This is him trying to force us to pay him his full salary or cut him. But what this total idiot does not know ... if he gets cut, he is going to get paid dick, because running backs make dick.

I wanted Adrian in purple next year. I wanted him to come out the DAY AFTER all this shit broke and say he was sorry. That what he did was wrong. I wanted to believe that when he didn't, he would learn over time that it was wrong. I wanted to believe that Adrian wants to to win football games. Wants to come back and show the world what he is ... one of the best of all time.

None of that is actually what Adrian wants. He didn't want it when he was running for 2097 either. Adrian wants one thing and one thing only. For every single person that comes into or through his life to worship every word he says and lick his balls. He wants it from all his baby mamas (or he won't pay). He wants it from his kids (or he'll make them pay). He wants it from his team (or he will make them pay).

Football has been very good to him. And there is no doubt he has done a ton for the community and for his family and for many others. But the truth ... he never did anything because he wanted to help anyone else ... everything he has ever done has been about Adrian Peterson.

Fuck him.

snowinapril
02-21-2015, 02:26 PM
The people of Minnesota are humble people that show up for work without complaining. If one can do that, they are welcome in Minnesota, the ones that can't aren't going to last. You can't fool Minnesotans on this one. We respect our athletes and we will put them up in high esteem but we also know that meaning of a higher power and athletes are not lifted that high. We generally have respect for privacy. We don't have paparazzi stalking athletes. Go somewhere else if you wish. I don't have hate for AP, I want him back, but this posturing isn't going to win the hearts of the people or the organization.

drewlovs
02-21-2015, 06:19 PM
This, in my opinion, is all about the Dallas Cowboys. I think that is his dream team, and we know from previous news he wants to play there. He is leaving the door open for old man Jones... mark my words.

MaxVike
02-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Tom Powers, St. Paul Pioneer Press, also has an opinion...

Tom Powers: Adrian Peterson keeps making a bad situation worse
By Tom Powers
tpowers@pioneerpress.com

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_27575195/tom-powers-adrian-peterson-keeps-making-bad-situation

an excerpt…"The irony of it all is that, in the ESPN.com article, Peterson said he saw himself as the one whose loyalty was unappreciated by the Vikings. In reality, it's just the reverse.

Yes, transfer that brain to a small bird and the bird not only would fly backwards but also into the unyielding glass of the Vikings' under-construction stadium.

RK.
02-22-2015, 10:57 AM
In the immortal words of Ron White. "There is no cure for stupid."

VikesfaninWis
02-22-2015, 11:12 AM
I have been a Vikings fan for a very long time, and AD is unquestionably one of my favorite players of all time.. With that being said, he is the one that got himself into all of this, not the Vikings organization. Had he not beat his kid the way he did, he would have played all 16 games last season and had the unwavering support of the franchise and the fan base.

Please forgive those that didn't condone your actions against a helpless 4 year old. For those of us that have young children and know how to punish them without beating them bloody, we all apologize for not welcoming you back with open arms. Just because you are a superstar and a fan favorite doesn't give you the right to do what you did and expect everyone to turn a blind eye.

If anything, you should be begging for the forgiveness of this franchise, and this fan base, and instead you continue to act like the Vikings and the fans are the bad guys. If you wanted to come back and would stop whining like the little kid that you felt compelled to beat, then I am sure most everyone would welcome you back.

Now if you want to continue to play the role of victim, which you are clearly not, then if I were the Vikings I would trade him to the shittiest team I could and put a stipulation in there that they can't turn and flip him to say the Cowboys, Texans, Packers, Bears, Lions, or Seahawks. Then he will have to restructure his contract, play for a horrible team, then get cut the following season when he is 31 and no team will give him big money. I am tired of these athletes thinking everyone owes them something..

snowinapril
02-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Tom Powers, St. Paul Pioneer Press, also has an opinion...

Tom Powers: Adrian Peterson keeps making a bad situation worse
By Tom Powers
tpowers@pioneerpress.com

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_27575195/tom-powers-adrian-peterson-keeps-making-bad-situation

an excerpt…"The irony of it all is that, in the ESPN.com article, Peterson said he saw himself as the one whose loyalty was unappreciated by the Vikings. In reality, it's just the reverse.

Yes, transfer that brain to a small bird and the bird not only would fly backwards but also into the unyielding glass of the Vikings' under-construction stadium.

I guess not only is the team against him, now the media hates him. How can he ever overcome that and feel good about himself.

snowinapril
02-22-2015, 01:44 PM
I have been a Vikings fan for a very long time, and AD is unquestionably one of my favorite players of all time.. With that being said, he is the one that got himself into all of this, not the Vikings organization. Had he not beat his kid the way he did, he would have played all 16 games last season and had the unwavering support of the franchise and the fan base.

Please forgive those that didn't condone your actions against a helpless 4 year old. For those of us that have young children and know how to punish them without beating them bloody, we all apologize for not welcoming you back with open arms. Just because you are a superstar and a fan favorite doesn't give you the right to do what you did and expect everyone to turn a blind eye.

If anything, you should be begging for the forgiveness of this franchise, and this fan base, and instead you continue to act like the Vikings and the fans are the bad guys. If you wanted to come back and would stop whining like the little kid that you felt compelled to beat, then I am sure most everyone would welcome you back.

Now if you want to continue to play the role of victim, which you are clearly not, then if I were the Vikings I would trade him to the shittiest team I could and put a stipulation in there that they can't turn and flip him to say the Cowboys, Texans, Packers, Bears, Lions, or Seahawks. Then he will have to restructure his contract, play for a horrible team, then get cut the following season when he is 31 and no team will give him big money. I am tired of these athletes thinking everyone owes them something..

You have some solid points. The one thing that is missing is he wouldn't be acting like this if he wanted to play in Minnesota. It is obvious.

The one thing he probably can't imagine is "how could the Vikings trade me to a crappy team. They keep telling me that they want me, they must like me."

I have gone to bat for AP as a fan with others over the murdered son and then for this tree branch whooping. I feel betrayed! Not that a professional athlete owe any one of us fans anything. I am done defending him. I am just going to say from now on, "what do you expect from an idiot, good thing he can play football."

purplehelmut
02-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Ungrateful knuckle dragger got paid millions last season FOR NOT PLAYING! And he's the injured party? Boo/hoo wittle Adwian. He's obviously angling to go to Dallas. I say we trade him to the team with the worst OL in the league (besides ours). ".....one man population explosion" is a great line.

C Mac D
02-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Ungrateful knuckle dragger got paid millions last season FOR NOT PLAYING! And he's the injured party? Boo/hoo wittle Adwian. He's obviously angling to go to Dallas. I say we trade him to the team with the worst OL in the league (besides ours). ".....one man population explosion" is a great line.

Honest question, did he get paid millions? I don't think players on the Commissioners Exempt list get game checks.... but I'm not sure what % of his salary that was.

purplehelmut
02-23-2015, 11:32 AM
According to the article in St. Paul press referenced above: "After formal charges were filed, they (the Vikings) got him on the commissioner's exempt list so he (Peterson) could continue to get paid his full salary for doing nothing."

vikesrgreat2
02-23-2015, 12:43 PM
My thoughts on this subject:

1. Adrian Peterson has been one of my favorite Vikings since the team drafted him in 2007.

2. Adrian Peterson committed a serious crime by over-punishing his son, and deserved to be punished.

3. He has now served his sentence, and needs to move on with his life.

4. I do not blame the Vikings in ANY WAY for their actions regarding Adrian Peterson. I think he's lucky the team still stands by him (even if he doesn't feel that way).

5. As much as I would like to see Adrian Peterson back with the Vikings in 2015, I do not want him back if he's going to be a cancer for the team.

6. McKinnon (as I recall) averaged 4.8 yards per carry for the Vikings last year. I think the team will be fine at RB, regardless of whether or not Adrian Peterson is on the team.

7. If Adrian Peterson wants a trade to the Cowboys, the cost to them should be one first, one second, and one third-round draft pick. However, I don't think teams will be willing to pay the Vikings that much.

8. The Vikings will be an improved team in 2015 - with or without Adrian Peterson.

midgensa
02-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Honest question, did he get paid millions? I don't think players on the Commissioners Exempt list get game checks.... but I'm not sure what % of his salary that was.

They do get paid the full contract is my understanding.

Everything I have read has made it seem as though he lost NO money.

purplehelmut
02-23-2015, 02:09 PM
They do get paid the full contract is my understanding.

Everything I have read has made it seem as though he lost NO money.

Except for the endorsements from corporations that ran for the hills from radioactive Peterson. But I'm sure he feels they abandoned him too.

tarkenton10
02-23-2015, 02:20 PM
He is under contract, I would play him unless we get a sweet deal. If it seems he won't sign or restructure with us next year I would trade him to the Raiders, Jaguars or Titans before the contract ends (2017). He has three years with us, let him retire or come back when he is 33, I wonder what kind of money he will get then? Let him languish there for the rest of his career. The Vikes paid him and stood by him, if he thinks they gave him a raw deal then give him one we all can relate to.

MaxVike
02-23-2015, 06:06 PM

100%, or, $11,750,000.50…part of my earlier rant.

tastywaves
02-23-2015, 09:23 PM
100%, or, $11,750,000.50…part of my earlier rant.

Goes back to a point a tried to make a long time ago. Who really got punished on this whole deal. Seems like the Vikes org and he Vikes fan took the brunt of Goodell's decisions, not AD.

Kobe Bryant
02-23-2015, 10:41 PM
He gone. Oh well, pretty good RB class, let's find someone to compliment McKinnon.

snowinapril
02-24-2015, 12:00 AM
He is under contract, I would play him unless we get a sweet deal. If it seems he won't sign or restructure with us next year I would trade him to the Raiders, Jaguars or Titans before the contract ends (2017). He has three years with us, let him retire or come back when he is 33, I wonder what kind of money he will get then? Let him languish there for the rest of his career. The Vikes paid him and stood by him, if he thinks they gave him a raw deal then give him one we all can relate to.

I agree. For us to pay him this year for him not playing last year, IMHO makes him the highest paid running back ever for this season.

The one thing he doesn't understand is he is under contract. We are going to have to be compensated in a trade. He should have to pay us in addition to be let out of his contract. The more I think about it, don't listen to anything he is saying. He is posturing to not have to renegotiate. The Vikings are in a lose lose situation because if they ask him to restructure, then he will cry some more. The kryptonite for Peterson is if he gets onto that field and loses his drive to compete because he doesn't want to compete for the Vikings. That shit will eat at you like rust from the inside out.

purplehelmut
02-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Don't agree that the Vikings are in a lose, lose situation when they are holding all the cards. Peterson is under contract. Either he plays or he doesn't and if he doesn't he is in breach of contract and does not get paid. The Vikings also can trade him or let him walk. Regardless, they are calling the shots here, not Peterson. If he doesn't want to be here, I say let's get rid of him, but get the absolute most possible. I'd love to see a reverse Herschel Walker deal, but only the Vikings were dumb enough to go down in history for that fiasco.

tarkenton10
02-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Don't agree that the Vikings are in a lose, lose situation when they are holding all the cards. Peterson is under contract. Either he plays or he doesn't and if he doesn't he is in breach of contract and does not get paid. The Vikings also can trade him or let him walk. Regardless, they are calling the shots here, not Peterson. If he doesn't want to be here, I say let's get rid of him, but get the absolute most possible. I'd love to see a reverse Herschel Walker deal, but only the Vikings were dumb enough to go down in history for that fiasco.

I say we trade him only if it is to a crap team. I do not want to see him running behind Dallas' offensive line.

purplehelmut
02-24-2015, 10:57 AM
Send him to a crap AFC team and we may never have to deal with him at all ever again. That's if he doesn't want to be a Viking. I'm fine if he's all in with the Vikes, but that seems like less and less the case.

tarkenton10
02-24-2015, 11:54 AM
Send him to a crap AFC team and we may never have to deal with him at all ever again. That's if he doesn't want to be a Viking. I'm fine if he's all in with the Vikes, but that seems like less and less the case.

I was his biggest fan but if he is going to blame the Vikes for not supporting him then screw him. They paid him a year's salary and he played one game, I wish my employer would do that. Get off his high horse and realize he did something wrong and take measures to put the episode behind him and THANK the Vikings Org. for their support. Or let him rot on the bench for three years, I don't' care at this point, the guy is being a jerk.

rockymtdan
02-24-2015, 06:34 PM
I think in Viking speak fresh start = Oakland Raiders

Get Mark Davis on the phone

:flame::haha: FOAD AP
With a poison pill that if he is traded he can not be paid more then the water boy.

rockymtdan
02-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Let him twist in the wind. The Vikings hold the cards. Not sure I am done hoping for him to be back in 2015 but to act disrespectful to the organization that protected him and payed him. ???
If it is irreconcilable I hope Spielmen has a vindictive response that lets us all point and laugh.

tarkenton10
02-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Let him twist in the wind. The Vikings hold the cards. Not sure I am done hoping for him to be back in 2015 but to act disrespectful to the organization that protected him and payed him. ???
If it is irreconcilable I hope Spielmen has a vindictive response that lets us all point and laugh.

Amen Brother.

VikingMike
02-26-2015, 01:33 PM
His suspension's been lifted.

Judge sides with Adrian Peterson, lifts suspension (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/judge-sides-with-adrian-peterson-lifts-suspension/)

VikingMike
02-26-2015, 01:45 PM
He's under contract with the Vikings, period. I used to admire Peterson, but now he's almost a non-entity to me. With his problems last season, I wanted him to shut up and then show some remorse for what he did. But all he did was think of himself.

I can't blame him for wanting to win a championship before he's through, but that's the way it goes. I'm sure Ernie Banks and Ted Williams would love to have won a World Series too.

If AD won't play for the Vikings, trade him for draft picks to a team that has no chance of making the playoffs. I don't know if he has a no-trade clause where he would get to pick a team. But no way he goes to the Cowgirls.

tarkenton10
02-26-2015, 02:47 PM
He's under contract with the Vikings, period. I used to admire Peterson, but now he's almost a non-entity to me. With his problems last season, I wanted him to shut up and then show some remorse for what he did. But all he did was think of himself.

I can't blame him for wanting to win a championship before he's through, but that's the way it goes. I'm sure Ernie Banks and Ted Williams would love to have won a World Series too.

If AD won't play for the Vikings, trade him for draft picks to a team that has no chance of making the playoffs. I don't know if he has a no-trade clause where he would get to pick a team. But no way he goes to the Cowgirls.

My thoughts exactly!!

digital420
02-26-2015, 04:01 PM
honestly.. i'm not gonna say he does or doesn't deserve bla bla.. if i was running the vikes money situation. i'd look @ it like this.

1. break some of the salary this year into guaranteed money. if i remember right. there is 0 guaranteed now based on the suspension. (if i'm wrong tell me) we need x money to keep (this and that guy) which makes for a better team. you want a championship team.. here's how it's built, with you we could be a playoff road grater.
2. make next yer incentive laden.. ie.. show us your still the #1 rb out there, and we'll put the .. line down to keep u a viking with guarantees coming based on performance.
3. Norv has made some of the greatest rb's to ever play the game. he can make u the best who ever played.
4. don't want to be a viking? tuff nutz. your under contract. u don't wanna play for us, and you dog out? well, there goes your rep. you owe the vikings and their fan base. u got payed on the exemption list, we helped you there. now read these statements, smile. and run over db's.

DiGiTaL

snowinapril
02-27-2015, 12:52 AM
The way the news was portraying this was that the early reinstatement allows him to participate when other teams can pay more for him. If he wouldn't have been reinstated, the other teams would have committed money to other players and therefore couldn't offer more than what we want to restructure for.

The one good thing is that we can now talk to him and try to work things out and he may choose to stay. The coaches can now talk with him. I can see this going both ways. Benefits for both sides. I am done talking and worrying about it. What ever happens happens. I am almost intrigued by the possibility of Gordon or Gurley. If McKinnon had success last year we can do well with Gordon or Gurley-Man.

raptorman
02-28-2015, 12:47 AM
At this point I would not be opposed to trading Peterson. If they can get a first round pick for him this year, I say fine, let him go. As much as I like him, I can't help thinking that two first round picks this year might be better for the Vikings over the long haul than two or three more years of Peterson.

snowinapril
02-28-2015, 01:15 PM
At this point I would not be opposed to trading Peterson. If they can get a first round pick for him this year, I say fine, let him go. As much as I like him, I can't help thinking that two first round picks this year might be better for the Vikings over the long haul than two or three more years of Peterson.

That is sad, but might be true.

It isn't that we can't afford him, I think it was a matter of principle. Why does the team have to pay for your conduct? The sad part is that we are going to get held over a barrel in this one.

snowinapril
02-28-2015, 01:23 PM
WHERE WILL PETERSON END UP IN 2015?

What NFL Team and what will we get for him?

snowinapril
02-28-2015, 01:38 PM
WHERE WILL PETERSON END UP IN 2015?

What NFL Team and what will we get for him?

Minnesota Vikings and we will get a headache. No seriously......

I was initially opposed to him going to the Cowboys. We could take their headache Dez and their first round pick. Probably not likely, they could franchise him and have him play with Peterson for a year and he probably wouldn't want to leave next season. Murray isn't under contract to be be locked into staying with us. I think that Murray would have to be under contract for us to go into that trade. His one season that was mildly injury free was a good one but he is not the talent that Dez is. I also hate taking on new RBs, never know how they will look behind your scheme and line.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarco-murray/
http://www.spotrac.com/search/results/adrian-Peterson/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dez-bryant/

Adrian is expensive, Dez would be expensive. Murry and Dez would really like to test FA market, both UFA.

We go after Dez and their first round pick, Dez would only be locked in for a year under their franchise tag. So we would have to want him to stay. With that first round pick, we go after Gordon or Gurley. With either, we can still use McKinnon this year and work them in. Gurley is not fully recovered from injury. Gordon might be able to take on duties right away. He also could be an every down back.

The Browns would have nothing to offer in a trade and we would be looking at except for a lot of draft picks. 1st round this year and next would be good. Or a first and second this year. IDK. I certainly don't recommend them trying to get Josh Gordon unless they are going to through him in for free. Too Risky! It would be a gamble.

Other possible teams: AZ, Oak, Jags, Indy

RK.
03-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Here is the latest.

Adrian Peterson, Vikings brass to meet this week

The Minnesota Vikings are free to release, trade or restructure Adrian Peterson's contract following last week's ruling in the running back's favor.

Before the Vikings take action, they plan to sit down with Peterson this week.

Coach Mike Zimmer and general manager Rick Spielman will travel to Texas on Wednesday for their first face-to-face meeting with Peterson since last year's suspension, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the plans.

Zimmer will make his pitch for Minnesota, per Rapoport, but it's unlikely to generate any conclusions or assuage Peterson's uneasiness about the team.

If the Vikings' goal is to mend fences, they might opt to negotiate a new contract with guaranteed money included.

Just hours before news of Wednesday's meeting surfaced, Yahoo Sports reported that Peterson is willing to restructure his contract in the event of a trade.

Peterson's father has heard the Cowboys, Cardinals and Colts as potential trade partners. The three-time All Pro is also amenable to the Chargers and Buccaneers, per Yahoo.

Despite last year's breach of trust, Peterson has not ruled out a return to the Vikings, according to his father.

That's music to the ears of Spielman.

"I don't put any doubt into Adrian Peterson and when he comes back how he's going to perform," Spielman said last weekend, via The Star Tribune. "Everybody talks about the 30-year-old back, but he didn't have any hits on his body last year and he is different. Just very unique from a physical stature standpoint and just he has unique traits that you don't see very often come through the NFL. I suspect Adrian is going to have a great year next year."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476299/article/adrian-peterson-vikings-brass-to-meet-this-week

BadlandsVikings
03-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Send him to the Bucs

jessejames09
03-04-2015, 07:49 PM
If they want to trade Peterson they have to make it seem like they want him around or maybe they genuinely want him around next year. It's not quite flying out to pull Favre off his tractor.

MaxVike
03-04-2015, 09:03 PM
An article from Mike Florio…as I've said earlier, Peterson needs to grow up and understand that his abuse of his son forced the NFL and the Vikings to take the action taken. His concerns, if impossible for him to put behind him, validate a much bigger problem… If he does not acknowledge his responsibility, embrace the Team, and, us fans - a regrettable goodbye is necessary.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/adrian-peterson-suggests-concerns-linger-after-wednesday-meeting/

thorshammer
03-04-2015, 09:27 PM
After today's meeting it sounds like AP is not in such a bad place. It sounds like we still have a good chance of keeping him if we really want him.
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/4/8151709/adrian-peterson-statement-vikings-rick-spielman-mike-zimmer

MaxVike
03-04-2015, 09:29 PM
A few different ways to interpret…I hope you are correct Thor. The more I read the statement, and try to reconcile why he actually made a statement, the more convinced I am that he is jockeying for a trade.

Why would Adrian Peterson issue a statement about the meeting so soon? Why didn't his statement acknowledge his personal parental and human progress? Why didn't he acknowledge us fans? Have the Vikes asked him to take a pay cut? Regardless, Adrian Peterson has managed to manipulate his felonious act into a ridiculous drama.

I negotiate deals much larger than this…and would be very comfortable in saying to Adrian, "it's been great, we've loved your time with the Vikings, you are now a member of the _______ (insert AFC Team) Football Club. We wish you all the best in life."

On the other hand, I would welcome him back, if he's all in. I would not beg, sell, or compromise our Team and fans whatsoever.

snowinapril
03-04-2015, 10:41 PM
We respect each other and hopefully the situation can pan out so that everyone involved is content.”

This is about money.

If the Vikings' goal is to mend fences, they might opt to negotiate a new contract with guaranteed money included.

Just hours before news of Wednesday's meeting surfaced, Yahoo Sports reported that Peterson is willing to restructure his contract in the event of a trade.

This is spoon fed to the reporters by the agents.

I agree with Maxvike, the next time they meet I would have a team in mind and say, well we need to know if we changed your mind. Yes Great.... or... no, well, we have worked up a trade with Cleveland (or any other non-competitive team in AFC) and they will be happy to take you off our hands and honor the current contract.

I am not totally sure that we wouldn't want to restructure his contract also. I wonder if we could litigate some money back from him or the league for damages, probably not.

I am almost certain that Peterson is afraid he might screw up again and wants to have guaranteed money that can't be withheld by missing games due to his stupid decision. He is pissed we won't cave to his demands. He is getting paid a great deal of money anyway you look at it.

rockymtdan
03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
An unrepentant Peterson...!!!!! Mend fences he tore down,shine him along then kick him in the nuts with a "fuck you" trade and say "The NFL is a business, just business...Next question"

tastywaves
03-05-2015, 01:04 PM
This is about money.

It almost always is about the money. Especially when an agent starts talking. Respect=money to most of these players. No doubt this is mostly about a long term contract with guaranteed money. He doesn't have the luxury of raising his stock any more, it is only going to go down.

Very possible MN doesn't find a good trade partner and elects to pay him his 2015 salary while trying to restructure. 2016 seems to be the bigger impact in terms of salary cap for MN, so restructuring will be far more important if he is stay beyond next year.

digital420
03-06-2015, 08:28 AM
i'm betting that if a restructure is done, there will be a certain level of guaranteed money, some tied into incentives, and 3 years again with guaranteed monely + incentives but a lot less hit to the cap. unless of course he pulls off 3 x 2k yrd years and we're SB champs. :)

DiGiTaL

Tad7
03-06-2015, 07:10 PM
I love that AP's twitter profile and background pics are back to him in Vikings gear. Could be meaningless, I don't think so.

rockymtdan
03-07-2015, 10:42 AM
I love that AP's twitter profile and background pics are back to him in Vikings gear. Could be meaningless, I don't think so.

What kind of PR move is that? Talking out both sides of his face, I just dont think he is all that smart so who runs his twitter page?..his agent?

snowinapril
03-07-2015, 07:51 PM
It almost always is about the money. Especially when an agent starts talking. Respect=money to most of these players. No doubt this is mostly about a long term contract with guaranteed money. He doesn't have the luxury of raising his stock any more, it is only going to go down.

Very possible MN doesn't find a good trade partner and elects to pay him his 2015 salary while trying to restructure. 2016 seems to be the bigger impact in terms of salary cap for MN, so restructuring will be far more important if he is stay beyond next year.

You are agreeing with my obvious comment. I was just trying to say that this isn't about the Vikings and the past 9 months, this is about Peterson and his agent worried about money now, knowing that a slip will cost him game time and his ability to earn more big dollars. We shouldn't get as emotional as fans, we should just let this play out. I have taken some of the comments personally as a MN Vikings fan.