PDA

View Full Version : Fanspeak offseason generator - Free Agency and Draft!

midgensa
01-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone.

I am a huge fan and addict of Fanspeak.com and their offseason stuff. They have a great Cap/Free Agency generator and a great mock draft generator.

Today I decided to do the Free Agency first and the mock draft based on how that went and here were my results ...

Free Agency
http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=xbxuxk

Big signings include Suh at DT, Patrick Robinson at CB, Paul Polzlunzy at MLB and Ahmad Brooks at OLB. Also added Amendola at WR with 0% on the hook if he gets cut.

Kept Adrian Peterson and Phil Loadholt, though restructured them both, which may not be possible in the real world. Did the same with Greenway.

Added Colt McCoy as No. 3 QB to battle Cassel for No. 2.

Set to head into the draft looking for offensive firepower in the first round. And depth elsewhere. Especially at G and T.

Draft
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=sgfvpf

Was prepared to trade up for Cooper if he fell past the Jets, but somehow they fell in love with Devante Parker in this web world.

Cooper fell in my lap at No. 11 and the rest of the draft was just for fun as he was my main target after free agency.

Cameron Irving in the second is a steal and could be the future replacement for Sullivan. Could also help cut some of the deader weight hanging around on the offensive line. Almost took Gurley here. If he comes back healthy he would be great to have when we move on from AD.

Post yours ... jump in. It is kind of addicting, obviously not a completely accurate portrayal of things ... but fun none-the-less

tarkenton10
02-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Hey everyone.

I am a huge fan and addict of Fanspeak.com and their offseason stuff. They have a great Cap/Free Agency generator and a great mock draft generator.

Today I decided to do the Free Agency first and the mock draft based on how that went and here were my results ...

Free Agency
http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=xbxuxk

Big signings include Suh at DT, Patrick Robinson at CB, Paul Polzlunzy at MLB and Ahmad Brooks at OLB. Also added Amendola at WR with 0% on the hook if he gets cut.

Kept Adrian Peterson and Phil Loadholt, though restructured them both, which may not be possible in the real world. Did the same with Greenway.

Added Colt McCoy as No. 3 QB to battle Cassel for No. 2.

Set to head into the draft looking for offensive firepower in the first round. And depth elsewhere. Especially at G and T.

Draft
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=sgfvpf

Was prepared to trade up for Cooper if he fell past the Jets, but somehow they fell in love with Devante Parker in this web world.

Cooper fell in my lap at No. 11 and the rest of the draft was just for fun as he was my main target after free agency.

Cameron Irving in the second is a steal and could be the future replacement for Sullivan. Could also help cut some of the deader weight hanging around on the offensive line. Almost took Gurley here. If he comes back healthy he would be great to have when we move on from AD.

Post yours ... jump in. It is kind of addicting, obviously not a completely accurate portrayal of things ... but fun none-the-less

I didn't do the FA part but here is my draft. I do have to say I could have had Cooper in the first round but I thought it was more important to fix our line. If the Vikes draft Cooper that is a good sign that they have faith in Kalil, Loadholdt and our guards.

11: R1P11

OT LA'EL COLLINS

LSU

45: R2P13

CB P.J. WILLIAMS

FLORIDA STATE

76: R3P12

WR DEVIN SMITH

OHIO STATE

107: R4P11

RB TEVIN COLEMAN

INDIANA

141: R5P13

DE CEDRIC REED

TEXAS

172: R6P12

QB SEAN MANNION

OREGON STATE

203: R7P11

CB CAM THOMAS

WESTERN KENTUCKY

midgensa
02-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I kind of like that draft although Collins may be a reach at No. 11. I love PJ Williams in the second and Tevin Coleman in the fourth if we can actually get that lucky in those spots.

I like to do the offseason first then the draft and see where I end up. Hell, yesterday I signed Brandon Flowers, Randall Cobb, Ndamukong Suh, Jared Odrick and Dawan Landry while drafting Kevin White in the first round also. Of course that will not all happen. But I would like to see the team be aggressive considering they have plenty of cap maneuverability, especially if the do some restructuring.

A lot of fun to play around on this site.

tarkenton10
02-09-2015, 01:34 PM
I kind of like that draft although Collins may be a reach at No. 11. I love PJ Williams in the second and Tevin Coleman in the fourth if we can actually get that lucky in those spots.

I like to do the offseason first then the draft and see where I end up. Hell, yesterday I signed Brandon Flowers, Randall Cobb, Ndamukong Suh, Jared Odrick and Dawan Landry while drafting Kevin White in the first round also. Of course that will not all happen. But I would like to see the team be aggressive considering they have plenty of cap maneuverability, especially if the do some restructuring.

A lot of fun to play around on this site.

Yeah, Collins is a reach, actually I would like to trade up and draft Scherff IF I WAS handling our draft.

snowinapril
02-22-2015, 04:36 PM
This was weird, White and Cooper were available. I like the film on Parker. Great ability to locate the ball. I could have had Gordon at the 2nd round pick but went with Williams, assuming that Peterson is still a Viking otherwise Gordon would have been mine. Williams is a WR at TE, great hands and footwork. I watched him at U of M play and man he is skilled, toe tapped a sideline catch that was clutch, very athletic. Rudolph? I had higher hopes but he is still good, maybe not utilized correctly in the scheme yet under Norv with the QB change then the injury. Cobb a back up or potential started, NFL career would probably be a 3 yard and cloud of dust player. I was going to take the guy from Boiste St but he was picked a few before my turn. That David Johnson from Northern Iowa did well at the combine in all the drills, skill wise, I would take a chance on him. I was pretty confident about being able to go one more round for Stephone, so I looked through the CBs that were available using the combine write ups and went with Darby. Stephone Anthony looks like a skilled player with potential. I expect him to go higher in the real draft than where I got him. I didn't really like this draft, it just seemed like it was unrealistic how it started out.

I would also possibly go after Scherff if he was available at 11. I might not even draft a WR until 3 or 4. Maybe Crowder from Duke or Dorsett if available.

WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA
RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA
CB RONALD DARBY
FLORIDA STATE
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON

Alternative Draft:

OT BRANDON SCHERFF
IOWA
CB QUINTEN ROLLINS
MIAMI (OHIO)
WR PHILLIP DORSETT
MIAMI
RB DAVID JOHNSON
NORTHERN IOWA
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON

snowinapril
02-22-2015, 05:58 PM
I like this one....... I went with CB first. He is going to be just what we need a guy that like man coverage. Got Perryman second. Gurley is a gamble. Conley is a steal, he was beast at the combine. He is fast and he can jump, scouts say he can locate the ball. Fanspeak has Conley listed as 300 something for draft position, after this combine, no way he last that long.

CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN
MIAMI
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
WR CHRIS CONLEY
GEORGIA
WR JAMISON CROWDER
DUKE
172: R6P12
ILB JEFF LUC
CINCINNATI

snowinapril
02-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Chris Conley
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris-conley?id=2552652

He was in the top 5 at the combine in the dash, vert, bench, and broad

tarkenton10
02-23-2015, 06:59 AM
Chris Conley
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris-conley?id=2552652

He was in the top 5 at the combine in the dash, vert, bench, and broad

I would love that draft but the problem is that as we get closer to the draft the two players that are steals won't be by then. I think some club will take a chance on Gurley's measurables before the injury and Conley blew up the combine he won't be there now after the second round guaranteed!!

snowinapril
02-26-2015, 02:13 AM
This will never happen but.......... I couldn't help myself.

No way Gordon or Williams get out of the first round. BTW, I could have taken Kevin White instead of Parker.

WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE
RB MELVIN GORDON
WISCONSIN
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA

tarkenton10
02-26-2015, 07:10 AM
This will never happen but.......... I couldn't help myself.

No way Gordon or Williams get out of the first round. BTW, I could have taken Kevin White instead of Parker.

WR DEVANTE PARKER
LOUISVILLE
RB MELVIN GORDON
WISCONSIN
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA

Very good draft, I would take an OT or DE in the first round, I think Vic Beasley may be there when we pick. He is one of the freaks of the draft. I would draft a WR later, especially if Green- Beckham is there in the second round. You have Devin Smith in the third that we could get, you have Dorsett and Lockett in the fourth and Crowder in the fifth that all will be good players.

Marrdro
03-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Deep class at WR, WR taken early last year, no real need at WR. Not sure why, if you believe all those things, anyone would think the Vikings are taking a WR with their first pick.

Here is my first two rounds.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft-challenge/mock-draft/128876

snowinapril
03-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Deep class at WR, WR taken early last year, no real need at WR. Not sure why, if you believe all those things, anyone would think the Vikings are taking a WR with their first pick.

I see you went with CB, Waynes. I would have gone with Bernardrick McKinney ILB in the second or maybe even Gordon if Adrian is gone.

One would think we take a WR. But, me and my brother have been talking and it makes sense to possibly go with road graters. Protect the franchise QB and make lanes for the RB. If Peterson goes, we may need to rethink this and WR is definitely not important.

OT
ILB
CB
S
Value WR If someone like Green-Beckham would fall to the second round, then you take him. In a week, the FA opens up and we will see where we improve and it will give us clearer picture of what our options are for the draft.

I know Suh is a headache but wouldn't it be nice. Holy Cow!

snowinapril
03-08-2015, 03:46 PM
This drafting takes a new course as FA starts up. I think you can start to narrow down who other teams will go with and what positions we will concentrate on. It would be nice to draft the QB of the defense, MLB. A guy you feel confident you can start day one and be dominant for years. I think we can plug holes in FA and make upgrades at the same time, but what players to we want and need in the draft? We could get a Maualuga and get 3 good years out of him. We could go out and get a S or CB for depth and to challenge for starting spots. We could go out and get a G.

I am going to say it again, I think that we have someone in mind for C.Johnson's spot at G. I am guessing that they will put Yankey in there or they plan on drafting a lineman in the first 2 rounds that will slide the LT over to G or just straight up replace the G. I would like to see AP run behind "offensive warpigs," similar to the Dallas offensive line.

Oh well, here is to a month's worth of speculation to come.

snowinapril
03-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Kalil is playing for a contract this year. I don't think we can cut him. He wasn't worth the 4th overall pick IMHO but we got him and we need him to step it up. This will determine if we retain him next year, that is for sure.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/matt-kalil/

Loadholt:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/phillip-loadholt/

Fusco: His contract is ?? cash earnings shows we paid him 4,000,000 in a signing bonus last year. UFA for 2015? Only played 3 games last season.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/brandon-fusco/

Vlad Ducasse UFA would have to resign him.
J. Berger UFA with 10 years played.
C. Johnson cut

Unless we draft a lineman in the first round, will they be a shoe in to supplant one of the guys below?

Possible starters:
71 Loadholt, Phil T 6-8 343 29 6 Oklahoma
63 Fusco, Brandon G 6-4 306 25 4 Slippery Rock
65 Sullivan, John C 6-4 301 29 7 Notre Dame
66 Yankey, David G 6-6 315 23 0 Stanford
75 Kalil, Matt T 6-7 308 25 3 USC
OR..
61 Berger, Joe G 6-5 305 32 10 Michigan Tech
62 Ducasse, Vladimir G 6-5 325 27 5 Massachusetts

By Position
67 Kerin, Zac C 6-5 305 23 0 Toledo
66 Yankey, David G 6-6 315 23 0 Stanford
61 Berger, Joe G 6-5 305 32 10 Michigan Tech
64 Samuda, Josh OL 6-3 315 26 2 Massachusetts
62 Ducasse, Vladimir G 6-5 325 27 5 Massachusetts
63 Fusco, Brandon G 6-4 306 25 4 Slippery Rock
64 McCray, Jordan G 6-3 322 22 0 Central Florida
60 Bykowski, Carter T 6-7 306 24 1 Iowa State
79 Harris, Mike T 6-5 318 26 3 UCLA
78 Richardson, Antonio T 6-6 330 23 0 Tennessee
72 Wentworth, Austin T 6-5 303 24 0 Fresno State

tarkenton10
03-09-2015, 07:50 AM

Excellent draft my friend, a few players that I think would be drafted at different times. First, there is no way Jacksonville lets Williams get by them. Probably the best player in the draft.

Two, Beasley doesn't get out of the top ten, he is one of the freaks of the draft and someone will take him on his measurables IMO.

Three, Todd Gurley should go in the first round, his injury is the only thing knocking him down the board, someone will take a chance on him in the first round maybe NE.

Four, Melvin Gordon should go at the end of the first round beginning of the second.

Two players that are too high IMO are Abdullah and Marpet. Abdullah is small and has issues pass protecting, dropping his stock. Many teams will see Marpet's talent but also realize he is a Division three prospect and the jump to the NFL is significant. I don't see many teams taking a chance on him until at least round three.

Other than that you nailed it my friend.

snowinapril
03-16-2015, 11:05 PM
My favorite yet. I could have gone with G Laken Tomlinson instead of Maxx Williams
Look like we need to find a couple offensive linemen and a MLB in FA.

1: R1P11
WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA
2: R2P13
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
3: R3P12
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA
4: R4P11
S JAQUISKI TARTT
SAMFORD

C Mac D
03-17-2015, 08:03 AM
My favorite yet. I could have gone with G Laken Tomlinson instead of Maxx Williams

WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA
S JAQUISKI TARTT
SAMFORD

Cooper and Gurley? Really? Am I the only one that thinks this is fantasy?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wth.gif

tarkenton10
03-17-2015, 08:22 AM

WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA
S JAQUISKI TARTT
SAMFORD

Gurley won't be there in round two and Tomlinson won't be there in round three. Now that we got Wallace we won't draft Cooper either. I have wanted Scherff for a long time but I have just changed who I would draft last night. I had a long talk with a friend of mine who is a very good draftnick and I think I would draft Waynes in the first round. He is the only corner that would be a shut down corner in this draft. We are also situated in the draft where the talent that comes up when we are on the clock is all offensive players. We are either going to have to draft a lot of offensive players or trade down and get more picks. Once the draft starts you watch at all the offensive players high on the draft board. It will be interesting to see how Ricky handles this.

Right now I would say hopefully we get Waynes ( there are a few teams that might draft him that are ahead of us) in the first round and draft Tomlinson in the second.

tarkenton10
03-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Cooper and Gurley? Really? Am I the only one that thinks this is fantasy?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wth.gif

Cooper is a possibility but Gurley won't be there when we pick, so if we want him we need to trade up into the first round, Highly unlikely if we still have Peterson. So it is possible just highly unlikely, you may be the only one. You are the only one who thinks Ricky sucks.

RK.
03-17-2015, 10:14 AM
I think we are going after Cooper that is why they cut Jennings.

snowinapril
03-17-2015, 09:07 PM
I don't expect that Gurley will be there in the 2nd. I think the GMs are smarter than the fans. I like the ability on fanspeak to move up or down in ranking and that determining the drafting order. I am surprised more people aren't betting on Gurley, taking a chance on him.

Good draft picks were taken in front of all of these guys. Just because Gurley goes or Tomlinson goes or Williams goes, that means another good player falls. We will see in 44 days.

tarkenton10
03-18-2015, 07:28 AM
I think SD, Dal and even Detroit may take a chance on him, I wouldn't put it past Cleveland and NE to draft a RB. Those are a lot of teams, only one has to take a chance on him.

snowinapril
03-18-2015, 10:06 PM
I think SD, Dal and even Detroit may take a chance on him, I wouldn't put it past Cleveland and NE to draft a RB. Those are a lot of teams, only one has to take a chance on him.

I agree, that just means a good player at another position falls to us in the second round. Those team need a RB but if everyone thinks they can get a value guy in the 2nd and 3rd, they might fill other positions. It is amazing how RBs have fallen in value over the last 20 years. OL LB and WR are more coveted than RB.....

tastywaves
03-19-2015, 12:00 PM
I agree, that just means a good player at another position falls to us in the second round. Those team need a RB but if everyone thinks they can get a value guy in the 2nd and 3rd, they might fill other positions. It is amazing how RBs have fallen in value over the last 20 years. OL LB and WR are more coveted than RB.....

RB is also arguably the best value in the draft as their learning curve in the NFL tends to be really short. Of course, that is assuming they are good RB's.

Draft a good RB, give him a 4yr rookie contract for $2M/yr and then get a new one with fresh legs 4 years later. Don't have to wait 2-3 years for them to develop like many other positions where they are just coming into their own when you have have to offer a big contract to keep them.

These are guys that touch the ball the second most on offense, (third if you count the center, which I know some of you will).

Problem with the position in today's NFL is that if you are not elite, then you're pretty interchangeable. And their lifespan is probably the shortest due to all the abuse they take.

Just singing those running back blues.

tarkenton10
03-20-2015, 10:24 AM

People are starting to realize that many of the HOF RBs owe their gold jacket to the big uglies. Emmitt Smith is an average to good back that ran behind a HOF line and one of the best of all time. If he went to Oakland and played no one would have heard of Smith.

snowinapril
03-20-2015, 07:14 PM
People are starting to realize that many of the HOF RBs owe their gold jacket to the big uglies. Emmitt Smith is an average to good back that ran behind a HOF line and one of the best of all time. If he went to Oakland and played no one would have heard of Smith.

Jim Brown? Adrian?

No way to compare apples to apples without playing behind the same line.

E. Smith holds the record nothing more you can say, longevity allows that. It really sucks that Peterson lost this entire past season. That will be the difference maker. That and his injury season that he lost some yardage.

22 games missed * 20 carries per game * 5 yds/carry = 2,200 yards missed in games missed.
He is at 10,190 yards. He is not in the top 25 at this point. A 1200 yd season would get him in the top 20. 1604 yards would get him into the top 15.

Relating this back to Tark's linemen comments, the amount of yards he needs to average the next few seasons is going to need to be behind some hogs, hence you want to run behind a line that allows Murray to get 1900 yards. We need to have guys that can get him some yards.

snowinapril
03-24-2015, 01:48 AM
This seems realistic

CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
ILB PAUL DAWSON
TCU
OLB KWON ALEXANDER
LSU
110: R4P11
RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA

midgensa
03-24-2015, 07:49 AM
This seems realistic

CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
ILB PAUL DAWSON
TCU
OLB KWON ALEXANDER
LSU
RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA

I would be fine with that. Of course, Cobb is not needed if Adrian is back. But we will see on that. Would like to see a WR drafted somewhere in there.

But all in all, this fills needs and adds depth. Waynes and Rhodes might just be something special also.

tarkenton10
03-24-2015, 08:24 AM
This seems realistic

CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
ILB PAUL DAWSON
TCU
OLB KWON ALEXANDER
LSU
RB DAVID COBB
MINNESOTA

I would love to get Lockett in the fourth round. I think he has all the tools to be a good to great WR in the NFL. He is only 5'10" and 182 so he is better suited for the slot but he can run the route tree and he can play on the outside. I also like his versatility, he can return punts and kicks. He has good speed (Ran a 4.4- forty at the combine) and I like his hands. He would be a good addition now that Jennings is gone.

snowinapril
03-24-2015, 11:43 AM
I would be fine with that. Of course, Cobb is not needed if Adrian is back. But we will see on that. Would like to see a WR drafted somewhere in there.

But all in all, this fills needs and adds depth. Waynes and Rhodes might just be something special also.

If we could trade back to a position, where we could get either Waynes or Peters for CB, that would be nice. Possibly get an extra pick? I still prefer Waynes. I am hoping that the confidence that Rhodes has will continue and we can have a dynamic duo for some time to come.

midgensa
03-26-2015, 07:27 AM
If we could trade back to a position, where we could get either Waynes or Peters for CB, that would be nice. Possibly get an extra pick? I still prefer Waynes. I am hoping that the confidence that Rhodes has will continue and we can have a dynamic duo for some time to come.

I am for this to an extent. But I certainly think that Waynes looks like a better prospect than Peters. If we can move back 10 picks and still get Peters, though ... then it becomes more interesting.

To move back that far would likely net us something nice in return (a third rounder maybe) and could really help to add depth to the team. Then I would consider it. If we can only net a mid-fourth rounder or something to go from Waynes to Peters ... then I don't know if I feel as good about it.

snowinapril
04-12-2015, 04:49 PM
S LANDON COLLINS
ALABAMA
ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE
CB QUINTEN ROLLINS
MIAMI (OHIO)
OT SEAN HICKEY
SYRACUSE

I don't know much about Hickey, he was the top rated OT at that point. He would be brought in for OL depth. I feel really good about the other 3 picks. In this scenario, I took Landon over Kevin White and Parker. Most would have taken White I am sure.

tarkenton10
04-13-2015, 09:28 AM
S LANDON COLLINS
ALABAMA
ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE
CB QUINTEN ROLLINS
MIAMI (OHIO)
OT SEAN HICKEY
SYRACUSE

I don't know much about Hickey, he was the top rated OT at that point. He would be brought in for OL depth. I feel really good about the other 3 picks. In this scenario, I took Landon over Kevin White and Parker. Most would have taken White I am sure.

I wouldn't take Collins at 11, he should be there late teens early twenties. I would trade back if I am targeting Collins. Waynes might be there and some really good OL but I think Ricky won't take an OL that high. He hasn't taken an OL before the fifth round I believe.

tastywaves
04-13-2015, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't take Collins at 11, he should be there late teens early twenties. I would trade back if I am targeting Collins. Waynes might be there and some really good OL but I think Ricky won't take an OL that high. He hasn't taken an OL before the fifth round I believe.

I agree on Collins. I am not sure I would want to target any safety with a first round pick, especially one that seems very similar to Harrison.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/landon-collins?id=2552454

[QUOTE]BOTTOM LINE Collins is a tempo-setter who can energize a defense with his downhill, aggressive style. He is at his best when he can attack rather than sit back in coverage and process. Collins' tackling, pursuit angles and speed to the sideline can help a defense shut down rushing attacks, but his inconsistencies in coverage will be tested by NFL offenses./QUOTE]

midgensa
04-15-2015, 08:54 AM

He drafted Matt Kalil at No. 4 just a couple of years ago.

tarkenton10
04-15-2015, 10:34 AM
He drafted Matt Kalil at No. 4 just a couple of years ago.

you are right and they drafted Loadholdt in the second, I believe. I guess I should have said an interior OL.

snowinapril
04-19-2015, 02:21 PM
I believe that we are not going to go top three with OL, maybe even top 4 rounds.

Contract year for Kalil, he will perform or not. We go after OT next year in first if he doesn't get back to form. We have to let him play, we don't have a choice. We haven't picked up his 5th year option yet, not sure how that plays out. I think we have into the season to do that. If he is playing better we pick it up. We will wait and see how he performs, maybe the pressure will get to him or maybe he will step up. He claims he has been slowed by injuries, well this is the year to be healthy and earn that contract.

We have went out and retained or added prospects to work with:
OL Babatunde Aiyegbusi (probably never faced a speed rusher DE)
OL Mike Harris
OL Joe Berger

We know who our Tackles are, same as last year. We only need to know who our OGs and OL depth are which will be similar to last season minus Charlie Johnson. Did Yankey improve enough in the off-season to supplant the other lineman?

The question now, is do you want to use a 1st or 2nd round pick to add a day one starter at G to the roster? My answer is no. We need Defensive back day one starter before OL. I would also love to get a LB in the second but with the resigning of Chad, it is not imperative to do so. LB and OL could be left until next year. If our OL doesn't perform this year, we will be looking at a top 15 pick next season.

mountainviking
04-25-2015, 10:48 AM
I believe that we are not going to go top three with OL, maybe even top 4 rounds.

Contract year for Kalil, he will perform or not. We go after OT next year in first if he doesn't get back to form. We have to let him play, we don't have a choice. We haven't picked up his 5th year option yet, not sure how that plays out. I think we have into the season to do that. If he is playing better we pick it up. We will wait and see how he performs, maybe the pressure will get to him or maybe he will step up. He claims he has been slowed by injuries, well this is the year to be healthy and earn that contract.

We have went out and retained or added prospects to work with:
OL Babatunde Aiyegbusi (probably never faced a speed rusher DE)
OL Mike Harris
OL Joe Berger

We know who our Tackles are, same as last year. We only need to know who our OGs and OL depth are which will be similar to last season minus Charlie Johnson. Did Yankey improve enough in the off-season to supplant the other lineman?

The question now, is do you want to use a 1st or 2nd round pick to add a day one starter at G to the roster? My answer is no. We need Defensive back day one starter before OL. I would also love to get a LB in the second but with the resigning of Chad, it is not imperative to do so. LB and OL could be left until next year. If our OL doesn't perform this year, we will be looking at a top 15 pick next season.

I normally have a great feel for how the Vikings will draft, but this year I'm really open as we seem to have several positions where we have need, but are not desperate. CB, OL, LB, TE, WR could all use some top end talent, but we do have proven starters and young potential at all of them too. But OL makes me the most nervous.

Those 3 guys we signed are all project/backups. I love that we kept Berger but don't think we should start him unless we have too. Perhaps he and Yankey battle it out for starting LG, but I'd prefer top talent there and improving play at LG might just fix Kalil some too. I like the idea of La'el Collins or Sherf in the first, as they could upgrade LG immediately and potentially replace Kalil is he can't stay healthy and get back to his rookie form. But, most of the time, they're both gone by 11... http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=klxfaf

How's this for a wicked draft of immense potential!??? ;)

CB TRAE WAYNES MICHIGAN ST
WR BRESHAD PERRIMAN CENTRAL FLORIDA
RB JAY AJAYI BOISE ST
C B.J. FINNEY KANSAS ST

Top CB in the draft to finally fix our secondary. Huge potential with incredible size/speed combo at WR. High end potential with the size and versatility to be an every down RB. And, a smart, hard working OC who could push for playing time at both OG positions. SKOL!!!

snowinapril
04-28-2015, 12:50 AM
Are we in need for a punter in the 4th or 5th?

drewlovs
04-28-2015, 03:47 PM
I really think you block differently when you have AP in your backfield and there are 8-9 in the box. Kalil looked bad when AP was not in the backfield, and I think that has a lot to do with it, though I have no proof of it. Perhaps the mechanics are the same, but the mindset is COMPLETELY different. The swagger left our line when we had Ponder as QB, and I think they quit on him... and then couldn't "turn it back on" with Cassel. Then the AP drama hit when Teddy started, which put them right back into the slump.

Football players are a weird bunch, if they are like the people I played with. Things like AP's troubles really has an adverse affect... but this is all gut feeling, I have no proof I'm not laying down a thick layer of BS. This next year will tell the tale either way.