PDA

View Full Version : Duron Carter

C Mac D
01-19-2015, 12:27 PM
What are people's thoughts on Duron Carter? He's been visiting a lot of NFL teams but says the Vikes are his #1 choice (http://www.espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/12129/duron-carter-says-vikings-are-top-choice).

He had a ton of character issues coming out of Ohio State, but it seems like he's turned things around. At 6'4", 205lbs, he has the measurables to be a great WR and has been tearing up the CFL (for whatever that's worth).

Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on Cris Carter's son

King Jones
01-19-2015, 12:44 PM
I hope we sign him, he has the potential to be a #2 or possibly a #1 receiver. Don't think it would hurt us to take a chance on him. We need to let our WR fight for their roster spots.

tarkenton10
01-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I think it would be a good idea, I like competition, sign the talent and let's see who comes out on top.

RK.
01-19-2015, 04:02 PM
We lead the NFL in arrests so whats one more gamble? At least maybe he can help us keep that record. Seriously though, I am in favor of signing anyone that can help us get there.

rockymtdan
01-19-2015, 04:53 PM
It would be pretty cool if he was the second coming of CC but not likely.
Sign him and let the competition began.
Watched "A Football life" with CC the other day. I forgot just how amazing he was.

purplehelmut
01-20-2015, 11:07 AM
I've not forgotten how amazing he was (or Moss for that matter) since we sure as hell haven't had anyone begin to make me forget since he laced 'em up. We haven't had a receiver as good as Rashad or Washington since Carter and Moss. Maybe AC back in the day. ' Course my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

midgensa
01-20-2015, 02:08 PM
I would certainly be all for bringing Carter aboard. After last year's lack of development from Patterson and Jennings becoming a year older ... I think WR should be wide open.

I am not desperate (though would still take a stab at Devonte Parker in the first if we get a shot) but I think that more competition couldn't hurt. If Carter comes aboard and is a hit ... then he and Johnson are two guys we got for dirt cheap that can contribute.

tarkenton10
01-20-2015, 02:50 PM
I have a feeling that Johnson is going to be a beast when he gets a whole year under his belt. He played very well in limited action.

C Mac D
01-20-2015, 02:59 PM
I have a feeling that Johnson is going to be a beast when he gets a whole year under his belt. He played very well in limited action.

I believe you said he was on pace for 48 receptions, 1045 yds, 11TDs last season (extrapolated over 16 games... )

My prediction is 76 receptions, 1,350 yards, 9 TDs... let's see what happens.

vikinggreg
01-20-2015, 10:10 PM
What are people's thoughts on Duron Carter? He's been visiting a lot of NFL teams but says the Vikes are his #1 choice (http://www.espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/12129/duron-carter-says-vikings-are-top-choice).

He had a ton of character issues coming out of Ohio State, but it seems like he's turned things around. At 6'4", 205lbs, he has the measurables to be a great WR and has been tearing up the CFL (for whatever that's worth).

Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on Cris Carter's son
After 2 seasons Carter has the same measurables as Emmanuel Arceneaux or Andy Fantuz, Vikings looked at both and both never made an active roster in the NFL.......but Ponder will be vacating a roster spot

As for coming out of Ohio with issues, well he never completed his freshman year, missed Rose bowl due to academics and bounce around for 3 years after that due academics but did have his biggest season with the Coffeyville Community College and help them to the Coffee Mate Bowl

tarkenton10
01-21-2015, 08:23 AM
I believe you said he was on pace for 48 receptions, 1045 yds, 11TDs last season (extrapolated over 16 games... )

My prediction is 76 receptions, 1,350 yards, 9 TDs... let's see what happens.

I'll take either one!!

rockymtdan
01-21-2015, 01:27 PM
I suffer from self induced amnesia, but not likely to ever forget Moss's rocky year and beyond.
Those high scoring offenses where awesome but I think we will be winning more with our defense in the coming years

VikingMike
01-23-2015, 08:10 PM
The Duron Carter Story: From Future Star to Rock Bottom and Back Again (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2336658-the-duron-carter-story-from-future-star-to-rock-bottom-and-back-again?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl)

Good article. He's had his ups and downs, only 23, good size, and he's got his father to help guide him. Give him a shot.

thorshammer
01-25-2015, 02:56 PM
It sounds like he's narrowed it down to the Colts or the Vikings. Colts because of wanting to play with Andrew Luck. Vikings because of his father's tie to the team. I would like to see him a Viking because of his size and speed. If his dad can keep his head on straight he could probably help us out.

marshallvike
01-27-2015, 09:07 AM
I would certainly be all for bringing Carter aboard. After last year's lack of development from Patterson and Jennings becoming a year older ... I think WR should be wide open.

I am not desperate (though would still take a stab at Devonte Parker in the first if we get a shot) but I think that more competition couldn't hurt. If Carter comes aboard and is a hit ... then he and Johnson are two guys we got for dirt cheap that can contribute.
That is how I feel too midge. As I said on another site, signing him is basically like adding another draft pick. Except we do not have to trade anything to get the extra pick. He is not going to get big money so it is worth a shot.

FuadFan
01-27-2015, 06:07 PM
He is choosing the Colts

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/560206671234879488

Not shocking that he is probably choosing the best QB.

Marrdro
01-28-2015, 07:09 AM
He is choosing the Colts

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/560206671234879488

Not shocking that he is probably choosing the best QB.
I think the QB had alot to do with hit, however, I think the following also came into play:

a. The Colts have multiple WR spots open. Almost guaranteed to make the 53 man roster.
b. Vikings don't have a real big need at WR. At least not a big enough need to guarantee he will wind up on the 53 man roster.
c. Taking that aside, he would get more reps on the Colts vs the Vikings scheme and would have a bigger shot at hitting escalators in his contract.
d. The Colts have about 31.7K in CAP and the Vikings have about 9.8K which probably means the Colts offered alot more than the Vikings could in the base contract, guaranteed money, signing bonuses and escalators.

Marrdro
01-28-2015, 07:11 AM
On a side note, anyone remember how jazzed I was when we signed Arceneaux based on what his stats looked like up there in Canadaville?

Not saying Carter won't succeed. I'm just not buying into him as a sure thing.