PDA

View Full Version : SharperImage 2015 Vikings Resolution! Also 3 round Mock!

SharperImage
01-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Hello everyone, I hope y'all had a happy new year and continue to be awesome in 2015!

I am very excited about 2015 for our Vikings! We finally have a decent QB, and a Defense that will only get better. One of the key things I think will happen in 2015 is that Peterson will return. I think Zimmer smells blood in the water if we have a good draft, and pick up key pieces in FA. I think he would love to have the threat of peterson to open up the passing game for Bridgewater and make it even easier. I am actually grateful for peterson dipping out last season because it hindered Bridgewater even more and made him carry us to victory without people playing for the run against us. Teddy didnt have the crutch that Ponder did that made him look "OK" at times.

Bridgewater will flourish once Peterson re-asserts his presence, and I expect a lot of TDs and big gains!

Round 1: 11th Pick. - DaVante Parker-WR-Louisville:
Yes Get Teddy his old running mate at Louisville. Although people love Amari Cooper, I feel like Parker is the best WR in the draft. He runs good routes, has good hands, is tall, runs a 4.39, and has a big catch radius. Teddy needs more weapons! Patterson may just be the new Devin Hester, Charles Johnson I believe will develop into a decent #2. Greg is aging and while he still has great hands his skill set is wandering off. I know you want an LT, but there is no surefire LT in this draft like Kalil and Tyron Smith in 2012. I say this sadly, but we have to give Kalil one more year! You can't give up on the 4th pick of the draft that fast.

Round 2: 45th Pick - Denzel Perryman-ILB-Miami

Although he is undersized, I believe he has the intangibles to be a better faster smarter and stronger Jasper Brinkley. Perryman hits like a mack truck! He is solid against the run, and has fluid hips to back into coverage! I see him coming in and winning the starting MLB job right away.

Round 3 Anthony Harris-SS-Virginia

Personally I would rather have an Enforcer at SS.. Someone who will punish you, but Harrison smith does that and more! Harris is a cover SS who can play in the box, and make athletic plays on the ball. Blanton is also a coverage SS, but Harris has better speed, hands, and is better against the run.

I think the Keys to the offseason are

1.Teddy gains 20 pounds, atleast 10-15 in muscle. Teddy has got to put on more weight to withstand more punishment, and strengthen his arm. Teddy can throw far, but he can develop a better zip that will allow him to make more tight passes. It seemed that his tight passes always got picked off. One thing about stafford is when he rockets the ball in it either gets caught or flies past the players.

2. Retain Peterson! Let Peterson know we got something special here in our QB, and we are going to add more pieces around him. Peterson will know this is going to become a passing team, and he will have a lower workload! Peterson must be contempt with 15-20 carries, and that Jerick McKinnon will play a larger role on 3rd downs, screens, and option plays.

3. Develop David Yankey! Yankey was such a beast in college, and everyone thought he was an absolute steal in the 5th round. Some had yankey going in the 2nd round at the latest! Zimmer said that technique wise Yankey is good, but he lacks strength and burst. Get Yankey in the gym and keep him there.

4. Develop Gerald Hodges, Audi Cole, Anthony Barr. - Although I don't think Audi cole starts in 2015, I believe he is a great sparkplug. Gerald Hodges will most likely take Greenways job! Hodges is fast, rangy, and a decent tackler. Hodges doesnt have Greenways savy and instincts, but he makes up for it in athleticism. Anthony Barr must just learn to be a better linebacker with his athletic ability. Barr must work on his tackling, and stick his nose in the film room and play book. I expect Barr to be even more of a star in 2015.

I think if we do these things we will have a great 2015! Skol Vikes!

PInfante97
01-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Parker's numbers are not that great in college.... most people rave about him but then you look the stats even with teddy and they arent anything special.... Just saying

randomghost11
01-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Parker and Coopers stats as a junior were very similar. This year Parker missed 7 games but still put up just as many yards as he did with Teddy except with 3 different young QB's throwing to him.

tarkenton10
01-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Hello everyone, I hope y'all had a happy new year and continue to be awesome in 2015!

I am very excited about 2015 for our Vikings! We finally have a decent QB, and a Defense that will only get better. One of the key things I think will happen in 2015 is that Peterson will return. I think Zimmer smells blood in the water if we have a good draft, and pick up key pieces in FA. I think he would love to have the threat of peterson to open up the passing game for Bridgewater and make it even easier. I am actually grateful for peterson dipping out last season because it hindered Bridgewater even more and made him carry us to victory without people playing for the run against us. Teddy didnt have the crutch that Ponder did that made him look "OK" at times.

Bridgewater will flourish once Peterson re-asserts his presence, and I expect a lot of TDs and big gains!

Round 1: 11th Pick. - DaVante Parker-WR-Louisville:
Yes Get Teddy his old running mate at Louisville. Although people love Amari Cooper, I feel like Parker is the best WR in the draft. He runs good routes, has good hands, is tall, runs a 4.39, and has a big catch radius. Teddy needs more weapons! Patterson may just be the new Devin Hester, Charles Johnson I believe will develop into a decent #2. Greg is aging and while he still has great hands his skill set is wandering off. I know you want an LT, but there is no surefire LT in this draft like Kalil and Tyron Smith in 2012. I say this sadly, but we have to give Kalil one more year! You can't give up on the 4th pick of the draft that fast.

Round 2: 45th Pick - Denzel Perryman-ILB-Miami

Although he is undersized, I believe he has the intangibles to be a better faster smarter and stronger Jasper Brinkley. Perryman hits like a mack truck! He is solid against the run, and has fluid hips to back into coverage! I see him coming in and winning the starting MLB job right away.

Round 3 Anthony Harris-SS-Virginia

Personally I would rather have an Enforcer at SS.. Someone who will punish you, but Harrison smith does that and more! Harris is a cover SS who can play in the box, and make athletic plays on the ball. Blanton is also a coverage SS, but Harris has better speed, hands, and is better against the run.

I think the Keys to the offseason are

1.Teddy gains 20 pounds, atleast 10-15 in muscle. Teddy has got to put on more weight to withstand more punishment, and strengthen his arm. Teddy can throw far, but he can develop a better zip that will allow him to make more tight passes. It seemed that his tight passes always got picked off. One thing about stafford is when he rockets the ball in it either gets caught or flies past the players.

2. Retain Peterson! Let Peterson know we got something special here in our QB, and we are going to add more pieces around him. Peterson will know this is going to become a passing team, and he will have a lower workload! Peterson must be contempt with 15-20 carries, and that Jerick McKinnon will play a larger role on 3rd downs, screens, and option plays.

3. Develop David Yankey! Yankey was such a beast in college, and everyone thought he was an absolute steal in the 5th round. Some had yankey going in the 2nd round at the latest! Zimmer said that technique wise Yankey is good, but he lacks strength and burst. Get Yankey in the gym and keep him there.

4. Develop Gerald Hodges, Audi Cole, Anthony Barr. - Although I don't think Audi cole starts in 2015, I believe he is a great sparkplug. Gerald Hodges will most likely take Greenways job! Hodges is fast, rangy, and a decent tackler. Hodges doesnt have Greenways savy and instincts, but he makes up for it in athleticism. Anthony Barr must just learn to be a better linebacker with his athletic ability. Barr must work on his tackling, and stick his nose in the film room and play book. I expect Barr to be even more of a star in 2015.

I think if we do these things we will have a great 2015! Skol Vikes!

I just finished watching all the bowl games and I am just beginning to read up on the first round talent so my opinion may change (definitely will) once I watch the combines and read up on prospects more closely as the draft nears.

My first impressions are your first pick is not what I would do, he is a good WR but if we can't get Cooper say we draft either Collins (DB -AL) of Peat (LT-STAN). I think you are wrong about left tackles, Peat would be a great get and we could move Kalil to RT. Collins would make a very athletic and scary back end with HS, XR. I love your second round pick, I thought the exact same thing that Perryman would definitely help our D immensely. I really don't like any S in this draft besides Collins, at least at this point. I really haven't looked into the draft to see what would be available in the third for us so I won't speculate on my third round pick.

I also stated that I would pick up Iupati in FA and cut Charlie Johnson. I would also take a run at Cobb and try to get Kareem Jackson (Hou) or Cromartie (ARI).

I like Yankey, he was projected last year as a second rounder. I would disagree with Zimmer liking his footwork. From all accounts and what I have seen in preseason his footwork was not that great. He needs a lot of work but is a great, raw talent.

I agree with your assessments of our LBers, I think they will play faster as they become accustomed to Zimmer's D.

I think this offseason will be a big determining factor if we compete for division titles or super bowls.

tastywaves
01-06-2015, 01:14 PM
I just finished watching all the bowl games and I am just beginning to read up on the first round talent so my opinion may change (definitely will) once I watch the combines and read up on prospects more closely as the draft nears.

My first impressions are your first pick is not what I would do, he is a good WR but if we can't get Cooper say we draft either Collins (DB -AL) of Peat (LT-STAN). I think you are wrong about left tackles, Peat would be a great get and we could move Kalil to RT. Collins would make a very athletic and scary back end with HS, XR. I love your second round pick, I thought the exact same thing that Perryman would definitely help our D immensely. I really don't like any S in this draft besides Collins, at least at this point. I really haven't looked into the draft to see what would be available in the third for us so I won't speculate on my third round pick.

I also stated that I would pick up Iupati in FA and cut Charlie Johnson. I would also take a run at Cobb and try to get Kareem Jackson (Hou) or Cromartie (ARI).

I like Yankey, he was projected last year as a second rounder. I would disagree with Zimmer liking his footwork. From all accounts and what I have seen in preseason his footwork was not that great. He needs a lot of work but is a great, raw talent.

I agree with your assessments of our LBers, I think they will play faster as they become accustomed to Zimmer's D.

I think this offseason will be a big determining factor if we compete for division titles or super bowls.

Not sure moving Kalil to RT makes a lot of sense. As bad as he has been at pass blocking lately, I think he is even less effective at run blocking. If you don't feel he can be effective at LT, I think you need to cut him.

tarkenton10
01-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Not sure moving Kalil to RT makes a lot of sense. As bad as he has been at pass blocking lately, I think he is even less effective at run blocking. If you don't feel he can be effective at LT, I think you need to cut him.

I think he would be better at RT because he would be blocking the LDE which is usually the lesser of two evils in an NFL D. He is not great at run blocking but he is serviceable. I would trade him before I cut him, if I intended on trading him I would leave him at LT just for the value purpose.

MaxVike
01-07-2015, 07:31 PM
If Brandon Scherff drops to #11, Vikes will take him, regardless…IMHO.

If not, Vikes will go other OLine or WR. Such as:
* Ereck Flowers
* Andrus Peat
* Kevin White
* DeVante Parker

I just think the Vikes are going to continue to invest in Teddy. Certainly, if their BPA on defense is demonstrably better than my aforementioned, then defense will be the pick. I just see the Vikes taking an Offensive Lineman. Personally, I hope it's Scherff.

tarkenton10
01-08-2015, 11:07 AM
If Brandon Scherff drops to #11, Vikes will take him, regardless…IMHO.

If not, Vikes will go other OLine or WR. Such as:
* Ereck Flowers
* Andrus Peat
* Kevin White
* DeVante Parker

I just think the Vikes are going to continue to invest in Teddy. Certainly, if their BPA on defense is demonstrably better than my aforementioned, then defense will be the pick. I just see the Vikes taking an Offensive Lineman. Personally, I hope it's Scherff.

I would like Scherff if Peat is off the board, but they are two different linemen. Peat is very gifted athletically and will be a good to great pro. Scherff is a strong, mean run blocker, both would be great to get. Scherff is not a great athlete though and many feel he projects to RT in the NFL. I don't know if he can pass block well enough to be a LT but he sure looks good at the collegiate level so I would give him a shot.

MaxVike
01-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Good points Tark.

The reason I say Scherff is because I think he would be an immediate solve for LG and could project to RT or RG in the future. Dude is like a wall…"strong and mean" works for me. I like Peat too, big time. Vikes would do well with either, and, I'm confident they will make the right decision.

tarkenton10
01-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Good points Tark.

The reason I say Scherff is because I think he would be an immediate solve for LG and could project to RT or RG in the future. Dude is like a wall…"strong and mean" works for me. I like Peat too, big time. Vikes would do well with either, and, I'm confident they will make the right decision.

Great analysis, I never thought of putting him at guard because I feel the tackle position is more important. If Kalil returns to from an Loadholdt comes back our biggest need would be G. And if we sign Iupati we would have a nasty Oline in '15 if Scherff played G