PDA

View Full Version : Zim is pissed!

johnkdbr
12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
I know we lost the game & will wind up under .500 this season but I got to say I really think Zimmer will have this team in the play-offs as early as next year. I haven't seen such an honest assesment of a Vikings defensive effort from a Vikings coach since.....forever. Zim was pissed during his press conference today & you could see that the kind of effort the Vikings D showed yesterday will NEVER happen again. I get the feeling that the players really respect Zim & will respond in a big way thiis coming weekend. I pity the Bears because this weekend because we are about to see what our Vikings defense will look like for how ever long coach Zimmer is our coach.

snowinapril
12-23-2014, 08:42 AM
That works as long as the players still believe. If they don't, they turn on the coach and the whole pissed thing turn the team into tanking. What it does though for the coach, it lets him see who is tanking and they won't be here next year.

Ranger
12-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Love Zim. I think the players do, as well. He has the rare ability to crawl knee deep into someone's ass when they fuck up, and still keep that person motivated and supportive. It's a pretty rare thing, and leaders that can pull it off are hard to find. I'm a big fan.

MaxVike
12-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Love Zim. I think the players do, as well. He has the rare ability to crawl knee deep into someone's ass when they fuck up, and still keep that person motivated and supportive. It's a pretty rare thing, and leaders that can pull it off are hard to find. I'm a big fan.

Ranger, I simply could not AGREEEE more. You capture Zim (at least as I see it outside looking in) very well.

He will fix this Defense with the players we have, or, there will be new ones. For example, Hodges clearly had an awful game…he will be held accountable, coached up, and will either respond or not (I like Hodges and hope very much that he responds big time). Ditto, Sharif (I have hope), Munnerlyn (not so much), Rhodes (no worries from me whatsoever), Josh Robinson (have hope, but, upside limited)…

thorshammer
12-24-2014, 09:57 PM
This sums up my feelings exactly. I think our coach will turn this team around very quickly. I am excited to watch this team again. I think he brings some fire.