PDA

View Full Version : The Lions

RK.
12-11-2014, 10:51 AM
This week will tell us how much we have progressed. The Lions have one of the best Defensive teams in the NFL and they are ranked #9 in the power poll. We kept the Green Bay game close and I hope we can do the same with the Kitties. I hope our offense can put up more than two TD's.

BadlandsVikings
12-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Vikes 24
Kitties 23

Suick
12-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Me thinks we're in for a let down on the road after beating two shitty teams in a row at home.

Lions 38

Vikes 13

C Mac D
12-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Lions 36
Vikings 30

Should be a good test for Rhodes and co.

purplehelmut
12-11-2014, 02:39 PM
It's the Lions for cryin' out loud. The only team that chokes worse than we do. They are right in the middle of choke season. Vikings in a close one 20-17.

digital420
12-11-2014, 03:07 PM
smith has layed the wood on CJ before.. he'll do it again.

Vikes 27

kitties 23

4th qtr TD lifts us over the kitties

DiGiTaL

tastywaves
12-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Lions 36
Vikings 30

Should be a good test for Rhodes and co.

He's the man as of late (below is from the last 4 games):

He has only allowed 54 yards over that time span. Four games, 54 receiving yards. That's pretty good. He has given up just seven catches, and no touchdowns over those games, and the passer rating of quarterbacks targeting Rhodes over the past four Vikings games has been just 22.2, a figure bettered by only Richard Sherman league-wide.

thorshammer
12-11-2014, 09:45 PM
It would not surprise me if we beat the Kitties. You never know with those guys. They can play like world beaters at times and other times you just have to scratch your head. If we get to china doll early and often and rattle CJ with a couple of pops I think we win this one. If china doll is kept clean we could be in for a long day.

x-ray jeff
12-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Gotta admit it. I dropped the Vikings DEF in 2 fantasy leagues. Mid second quarter and it looks like I made a big mistake.

Suick
12-14-2014, 08:12 PM
We should of won. Had them nailed to the wall and let them slither away
Walsh has lost it and TB had a poor 2nd half
D looked very good
WR's are a definite threat
Asiata was semi beastly

Future looks bright

roll tide

thorshammer
12-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Damn. We had them. Can't believe we had that short field goal blocked. That was a hard fought game. I think we have a bright future. At least the Packers lost. That made me smile.

digital420
12-15-2014, 07:48 AM
leading up to the game i read a lot of articles about this match up. i believe only on this board did i see anyone giving the Vikes a chance to win. we missed out on 9 fg points. teddy's miss to wright on the sidelines. assiata not getting OB and trying for more yards. turnovers turned into 10 points. the refs don't believe our CJohnson is worthy enouf to receive a PI call after being knocked over by the db. or.. the same thing smith does to whatshisface.. happens to teddy. but no flag. ofc...

that aside.
teddy toss for dbl the yards of stafford (who has Tate, CJ, Bush all healthy)
uptill the int's he was on fire. zipping balls in and layingout a nice touch.
5 receivers had 40+ yards compared to the kitties 2.
and Norv really is a tactician. not sure what happened in the last 40 seconds. but i bet it was hard to hear, and if the radio died, that's a lot to toss onto a rookie's shoulder.

the kitties got their first, first down in the 2nd qtr.
not a lot of sacks, and our run stuffing was somewhat decent. stafford was hit a few times.. and hard too.
Rhodes is becoming a lock down CB. our CJohnson had more yards receiving then their CJohnson. and his TFL on the bubble screen to Tate III was beautiful. he did get a lot of over the top help, and he was beat on a couple routes, but he kept megatron in check most of the afternoon. and that's not easy.

on a whole the D did a great job shutting down the kitties. they are a quick score O. and we didn't give them many chances to do so. our run D still needs the leaks tightened. but Zimm's got this D years ahead of where i thought they'd be.

Walsh. the 68rd ok. i understand thats a lot 2 ask. the block is on the oline's inability to stop their rush. where's that auto kicking rookie from the 50's range? kid needs confidence. hope he gets it soon.

btw. Rudy's back! now just get AP back in this O.. and we have something that will propel us back atop the NFCN. our future is very bright.

DiGiTaL

purplehelmut
12-15-2014, 09:58 AM
We had more yards passing, more yards rushing, had the ball longer, and our defense pretty much shut them down. But Bridge's two INTs and the blocked FG turned out to be the difference. Teddy seemed a bit out of sorts and was throwing high all day and the one INT was inexcusable. That ball has to be outside. One thing I like about this team is the effort- they keep playing hard. Many things to look forward to. And it really looks like we got the best QB in the draft. Teddy needs to clean up his game a bit, he misses too often. I think that will come with experience and maturity- he is still just a kid. Looks way better than Johnny Footbawl.

vikesrgreat2
12-15-2014, 01:43 PM
I think this was a great effort by the Vikings! The game was much closer than I had imagined. I was afraid that Megatron would "go off" and have a great game in a Lions blowout. That never happened, as Stafford was held to 153 yards passing. Teddy Bridgewater (outside of 2 bad throws that were intercepted) had a GREAT game, 31 of 41 for 315 yards and a TD. The kicking game had a bad day at the office, and that's why we lost this game.

The Vikings are improving, but it's really not showing up in wins and losses. I think the injuries, especially to Anthony Barr, hurt the team. I think the Vikings are capable of beating the Dolphins in Miami with an effort similar to that of the Detroit game. A win there, combined with a victory at home against the struggling Bears, and the Vikings finish 8-8. Even 7-9 should be a successful season in my opinion. I'm proud to be a Viking fan today!