PDA

View Full Version : Vikes defeat Panthers Official Post Game Thread

MaxVike
11-30-2014, 06:23 PM
How 'bout those VIKINGS?!?!?!?!!!!

Special teams, Bridgewater shine for Vikings in victory over Panthers
Article by: MATT VENSEL , Star Tribune Updated: November 30, 2014 - 4:26 PM

The Vikings blocked two punts in the first half both returned for touchdowns and Teddy Bridgewater threw for two scores as Minnesota rolled to a 31-13 win over Carolina at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/284263731.html

VikingMike
11-30-2014, 08:58 PM
How 'bout those VIKINGS?!?!?!?!!!!

Special teams, Bridgewater shine for Vikings in victory over Panthers
Article by: MATT VENSEL , Star Tribune Updated: November 30, 2014 - 4:26 PM

The Vikings blocked two punts in the first half both returned for touchdowns and Teddy Bridgewater threw for two scores as Minnesota rolled to a 31-13 win over Carolina at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/284263731.html

Good all-around win today. First time the Vikings returned 2 blocked punts for TD's since 1970, when Ed Sharockman did it. Thielen's return was a record longest return, and that record lasted a few minutes until Griffen returned his.

Where is everybody?

thorshammer
11-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Great game. Teddy converted a few key third downs and got a couple of TD passes under his belt. The D Line played well. The secondary broke up a few plays and helped us get off the field. The O Line held up for the most part. Special teams lived up to their name and played special. We are not there yet as a team but I see reason for hope.

snowinapril
11-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Good all-around win today. First time the Vikings returned 2 blocked punts for TD's since 1970, when Ed Sharockman did it. Thielen's return was a record longest return, and that record lasted a few minutes until Griffen returned his.

Where is everybody?

I was blowing snow after the game.

That reminded me of the 70s today. Seemed like we were blocking kicks and punts all the time when I was a kid.

BadlandsVikings
11-30-2014, 11:57 PM
They looked good, hopefully they can keep the momentum going against the Jets

digital420
12-01-2014, 05:14 AM
welcome back to old school MN outdoor football.. was watching the game a bit with the wife and little one in the first qtr.. and the wife says. "wtf, how much powder does that guy have on his gloves" then she realized it wasn't powder but his breath. "OMG.. is that his breath steaming? are they playing outdoors in MN? is that even legal?" i figured it would be a grind of a game with that kinda chill in the air, and it was, makes ya kinda wonder.. what would happen if we had that retracting roof stadium plan still.

a few key points Dad and I discussed during the game.

Teddy's trust and timing with wr's is starting to show itself. there were a few throws in there, (watch jenning's td catch) when teddy threw the ball the receiver wasn't even looking @ him. the ball was put exactly where it was intended, and the receiver turned his head expecting the ball to be there and it was. I've mentioned this before, those long balls that were just over head, out of reach.. might not be as much about accuracy as they are timing. and that seems to be coming along, is it a bit late for it? no. remember Teddy's a rookie, wasn't always practicing with the 1's, and really seems to be keying in on the speed and routes being run of his wr's. great progress!

Zimm.. how this guy hasn't been a HC yet is beyond me. He has worked his style of TEAM D and in it's infancy has really improved our style of play. there are some issue's yet, but there is also a LOT of improvement!

don't know if it was a fluke, designed anti punting scheme they saw vs the panthers punt formations, but i'll take it. 2 blocked punts is something to smile about.. both returned for TD's.. Dad's comment on the 2nd was spot on.. Holy sh1t they're gonna score again.. someone has to get Griff some oxygen! (kinda reminded me of when Kwill once ran a fumble recovery back for a TD.. watching Griffen huff n puff the oxygen mask on the sideline) and thielen is proving he deserves to be in the NFL!!

With all respect to JA for what he did while he wore purple.. but Griffen was the right choice!

RB.. the position of flux at the moment.. we've been sooo spoiled having AP in our backfield that it's hard to remember that it takes a special kinda talent to really shine at that position. not gonna get into a lot here without knowing how things will move forward.. though.. i do wish AP back and truly believe he can raise us up another level on O.

last point for this post.. Zim's locker room speech. I like how he is passionate about pushing foward and winning. this isn't about draft order, it's not about just finishing.. but it's about winning. this is a mind set that may have been missing for many o years now in the vikings locker room.. a united group under a leader building character, and determination of a contending and playoff caliber team!

DiGiTaL

kingpin9995
12-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Hip Hip Horrrayyyy... They beat a 3-8-1 warm weather team . They scored two tds on offense. Is that a record for the year? Teddy had two td passes.. Is that a personal best? No one's here because the Vikings still suck...

purplehelmut
12-01-2014, 09:34 AM
We were supposed to win and we won. We're moving on to the Jets.

12purplepride28
12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Hip Hip Horrrayyyy... They beat a 3-8-1 warm weather team . They scored two tds on offense. Is that a record for the year? Teddy had two td passes.. Is that a personal best? No one's here because the Vikings still suck...

Teddy had two TD passes because we were up 28-6 with only 22 offensive plays run. Not a lot of need for throwing it. Look at Peyton's game from yesterday.

kingpin9995
12-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Really? So how many td's does Teddy now have for the entire season? Is it double digits yet? I think not. Please don't compare Manning with Teddy. That's a bit absurd. This is an offense that borders on being unwatchable... You know it.. I know it.. and my DVR knows it...

purplehelmut
12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
If you'd read what the man said you'd see he was not comparing Bridgewater to Manning. He was simply comparing the two games that had both QBs not having to throw the ball 40+ times. Quit trying so hard to be confrontational dude.

PurplePowerPunch
12-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Great win yesterday for our Vikings. Rhodes is really starting to build up some confidence as our #1 CB. Love the way he's starting to bully WRs now. Teddy made some sweet throws all game and I love the play-calling from Norv. We gotta some how tighten up our run D it worries me at times. Poor Josh Robinson, he's our weakest link on Defense and teams now it. Love the way Floyd is playing to. Excellent first step for a man his size. Also, it was kinda cool to see Ben Tate get some carries in the game also. Skol!

snowinapril
12-01-2014, 10:19 PM

Really? So how many td's does Teddy now have for the entire season? Is it double digits yet? I think not. Please don't compare Manning with Teddy. That's a bit absurd. This is an offense that borders on being unwatchable... You know it.. I know it.. and my DVR knows it...

I haven't said much about your posts but why bother posting. You are just complaining about everything. Who pissed on your CHEERios?

There has to be something good about the game. At least meat sandwich this a bit, you are all meat (bad) without the bread (good).

snowinapril
12-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Teddy's trust and timing with wr's is starting to show itself. there were a few throws in there, (watch jenning's td catch) when teddy threw the ball the receiver wasn't even looking @ him. the ball was put exactly where it was intended, and the receiver turned his head expecting the ball to be there and it was. I've mentioned this before, those long balls that were just over head, out of reach.. might not be as much about accuracy as they are timing. and that seems to be coming along, is it a bit late for it? no. remember Teddy's a rookie, wasn't always practicing with the 1's, and really seems to be keying in on the speed and routes being run of his wr's. great progress!

Zimm.. how this guy hasn't been a HC yet is beyond me. He has worked his style of TEAM D and in it's infancy has really improved our style of play. there are some issue's yet, but there is also a LOT of improvement!

don't know if it was a fluke, designed anti punting scheme they saw vs the panthers punt formations, but i'll take it. 2 blocked punts is something to smile about.. both returned for TD's.. Dad's comment on the 2nd was spot on.. Holy sh1t they're gonna score again.. someone has to get Griff some oxygen! (kinda reminded me of when Kwill once ran a fumble recovery back for a TD.. watching Griffen huff n puff the oxygen mask on the sideline) and thielen is proving he deserves to be in the NFL!!

With all respect to JA for what he did while he wore purple.. but Griffen was the right choice!

RB.. the position of flux at the moment.. we've been sooo spoiled having AP in our backfield that it's hard to remember that it takes a special kinda talent to really shine at that position. not gonna get into a lot here without knowing how things will move forward.. though.. i do wish AP back and truly believe he can raise us up another level on O.

last point for this post.. Zim's locker room speech. I like how he is passionate about pushing foward and winning. this isn't about draft order, it's not about just finishing.. but it's about winning. this is a mind set that may have been missing for many o years now in the vikings locker room.. a united group under a leader building character, and determination of a contending and playoff caliber team!

DiGiTaL

I thought that Teddy did well yesterday also. I hope that it is about the timing. He has shown accuracy from the start in my opinion with a few bad games.

The announcers said at one point that the special teams worked on a few Panther flaws in their punting game, wow did the preparation work. I love it when a plan comes together.

Zimmer probably wasn't a HC because he was a Defensive coach. I like the WIN attitude.

Love Griff this season!

Want AP back bad to see how the young QB does with him.

snowinapril
12-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Nice post!

Great win yesterday for our Vikings. Rhodes is really starting to build up some confidence as our #1 CB. Love the way he's starting to bully WRs now. Teddy made some sweet throws all game and I love the play-calling from Norv. We gotta some how tighten up our run D it worries me at times. Poor Josh Robinson, he's our weakest link on Defense and teams now it. Love the way Floyd is playing to. Excellent first step for a man his size. Also, it was kinda cool to see Ben Tate get some carries in the game also. Skol!

I also love the way Rhodes is playing with confidence. I think we will do better with the run game in the future. I think in today's league, stopping the pass first is essential.

AngloVike
12-03-2014, 11:12 AM

Where is everybody?

I'll get my post in now that I'm back home and thawed out !

Good team performance in all aspects of the game. I was moaning to a friend pre-game about how poor Kalil and Wright had been for me in previous weeks. Well this week at least they both improved and did what they had to when called upon.
The defence played well and I was impressed with Rhodes in his coverage and tackling. You can see a big improvement since last year in their attitude and approach to playing, especially getting into the 4th quarter.
Offense were good and I liked the fact that Kalil gave me no cause to complain, so I'm pleased for that. Teddy does show confidence in the pocket and, more importantly, this transfers to rest of the unit. The biggest plus with him is that, as a fan, you're not wincing when your starting QB takes to the field. Yes he's a rookie and and he will make mistakes as part of his learning but I can accept those and look forward to him leading the team for many years.
Special teams were blinding and two blocked punts for TDs? not something I'm likely to see live anytime soon. Again they have been a big plus this year and hopefully will build on this season for going forward.
Coaching - this team is a complete 360 in terms of the way Zimmer and his staff coaches them. Again wasn't expecting Superbowl calibre coaching in one season but I'm happy with what we have had so far. Again steps forward that can be built on going into the offseason and good things to come as we do.

Lastly stadium - they say you should watch at least one game outside in bad weather and I sure picked the right game to cross that one off the bucket list. TCF is a good stadium and if the new Vikings stadium matches up in terms of space, viewing lines, concessions etc then we are going to have a very good stadium indeed. Big credit to the crowd that went for their enthusiasm and support and that helps take your mind off the fact that its cold and that your coffee has frozen in its mug ( my fault for not drinking it quicker but that didn't happen with the second cup ! )
After Sunday I'd like to do two games next season at the TCF though one will be in the warmer weather for sure :)

Minniman
12-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Great win yesterday for our Vikings. Rhodes is really starting to build up some confidence as our #1 CB. Love the way he's starting to bully WRs now.
I also love the way Rhodes is playing with confidence. I think we will do better with the run game in the future. I think in today's league, stopping the pass first is essential.
Game ball for Rhodes for sure. It was a great game for the youngster.

VikingMike
12-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I'll get my post in now that I'm back home and thawed out !

Good team performance in all aspects of the game. I was moaning to a friend pre-game about how poor Kalil and Wright had been for me in previous weeks. Well this week at least they both improved and did what they had to when called upon.
The defence played well and I was impressed with Rhodes in his coverage and tackling. You can see a big improvement since last year in their attitude and approach to playing, especially getting into the 4th quarter.
Offense were good and I liked the fact that Kalil gave me no cause to complain, so I'm pleased for that. Teddy does show confidence in the pocket and, more importantly, this transfers to rest of the unit. The biggest plus with him is that, as a fan, you're not wincing when your starting QB takes to the field. Yes he's a rookie and and he will make mistakes as part of his learning but I can accept those and look forward to him leading the team for many years.
Special teams were blinding and two blocked punts for TDs? not something I'm likely to see live anytime soon. Again they have been a big plus this year and hopefully will build on this season for going forward.
Coaching - this team is a complete 360 in terms of the way Zimmer and his staff coaches them. Again wasn't expecting Superbowl calibre coaching in one season but I'm happy with what we have had so far. Again steps forward that can be built on going into the offseason and good things to come as we do.

Lastly stadium - they say you should watch at least one game outside in bad weather and I sure picked the right game to cross that one off the bucket list. TCF is a good stadium and if the new Vikings stadium matches up in terms of space, viewing lines, concessions etc then we are going to have a very good stadium indeed. Big credit to the crowd that went for their enthusiasm and support and that helps take your mind off the fact that its cold and that your coffee has frozen in its mug ( my fault for not drinking it quicker but that didn't happen with the second cup ! )
After Sunday I'd like to do two games next season at the TCF though one will be in the warmer weather for sure :)

Good points Anglo, and I'm happy you saw a win!