PDA

View Full Version : Matt Kalil Hate Club

PInfante97
11-23-2014, 04:31 PM
https://twitter.com/GoesslingESPN/status/536630656512434176

this guy is a total piece of shit. i hope we replace him next year via free agency. Hes a terrible player.

PurplePowerPunch
11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Agreed!

RK.
11-23-2014, 05:09 PM
At the time everyone thought he was the steal of the draft when he fell to us. This is why I don't put that much faith in the draft. It is pretty much a crap shoot. Its fun to watch and speculate about but it takes more than the draft to change the direction of a team.

EricTheViking
11-23-2014, 05:19 PM
At the time everyone thought he was the steal of the draft when he fell to us. This is why I don't put that much faith in the draft. It is pretty much a crap shoot. Its fun to watch and speculate about but it takes more than the draft to change the direction of a team.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Even with high draft picks many teams stay bad for years and years and years and years. So I don't buy that whole "I hope we keep losing so we get a good draft pick" strategy.

purplehelmut
11-23-2014, 05:58 PM
He's worse than terrible. He's turible!

Tad7
11-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Any of you guys listen to P.A. on KFAN? He's been defending Kalil like crazy and just won't budge at all. If he does it again this week, I'll pull my hair out. Changing the station is too reasonable, I'll pull my hair out.

BadlandsVikings
11-24-2014, 08:08 AM
We already have one of these

http://forums.purplepride.org/showthread.php?1112702-The-Official-Matt-Kalil-Thread

kingpin9995
11-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Silence Badboy... You were glowing about how we made such a great pick in Kalil.. He's a lazy californian who got glowing praise his rook year and decided it was time to smoke a little weed in his new Mazaratti and chill...

Teams watch guys on tape and find their weakness. Kalil is a bust... admit it... Three years in and he's not even close to what you want with that high a pick..

BadlandsVikings
11-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Silence Badboy... You were glowing about how we made such a great pick in Kalil.. He's a lazy californian who got glowing praise his rook year and decided it was time to smoke a little weed in his new Mazaratti and chill...

Teams watch guys on tape and find their weakness. Kalil is a bust... admit it... Three years in and he's not even close to what you want with that high a pick..

When did I say he was a great pick? I admitted a long time ago that he was bust, stop being cunt

C Mac D
11-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Seems like he might be going through some personal issues... not sure what, but his drop-off in performance and the emotional lashing out at a fan seem weird.

rockymtdan
11-24-2014, 12:11 PM
We already have one of these

http://forums.purplepride.org/showthread.php?1112702-The-Official-Matt-Kalil-Thread

Yah but "hate" is important in this case, I'm feeling it. Watched the last part of Cowboys/Giants.......Romo on a lawn chair in the pocket 8 sec. and he could of stood there even longer. Teddy deserves a fighting chance. Maybe the best bet is to buy in free agency. Or trade AP for the whole OL in Dallas.

BadlandsVikings
11-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Yah but "hate" is important in this case, I'm feeling it. Watched the last part of Cowboys/Giants.......Romo on a lawn chair in the pocket 8 sec. and he could of stood there even longer. Teddy deserves a fighting chance. Maybe the best bet is to buy in free agency. Or trade AP for the whole OL in Dallas.

his time was nuts...At this point in the season I'd be all for trading the whole team for QB and Odell Beckham

tastywaves
11-24-2014, 01:04 PM
his time was nuts...At this point in the season I'd be all for trading the whole team for QB and Odell Beckham

Sometimes OL picks in the first round do pay off.

bleedpurple
11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Sometimes OL picks in the first round do pay off.

We still have him under contract for another year. I say, cut loadhold or have khalil and loadholt compete for RT job and draft a LT... his mistakes are maddening and the penalties are just unacceptable... this dude is the worst.

Webby
11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
We have nothing behind Kalil is the problem. He wouldn't be the first rounder to bust, but its an important position

We talked and heard a lot at training camp about how he lost weight in offseason trying to be more speedy and mobile, FWIW.

AngloVike
12-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Well I have been moaning about Kalil this season but Sunday never heard his name or number called - that's what I want from our OL as it means they're doing their job. Of course one game doesn't mean he is now going to be an All-Pro but games like that will at least elevate his confidence and on-field production.

tarkenton10
12-03-2014, 12:08 PM
You people who are crying and lambasting the payers and coaches are the same ones who cheer for them the next minute. Some already want Norv fired, are you crazy? We played 3/4 of a season with a 2nd string rookie QB, we lose our franchise RB that we built our team around. Top it off we have lost our starting RG for the season, we lost our starting LT for a few games and looks to me like he still has injury issues, we lost our starting C for a few games, we lost our starting TE for a few games and now our RT is gone for the season. There aren't many OC that could score a lot with all those problems all the while trying to implement a new system.

And let's not mention the injuries on the defensive side. We lost Greenway for a while, Barr is injured, Floyd has struggled to stay healthy. I would say our coaches did a great job keeping us competitive in all the games but GB.

Kalil has not looked great but if we draft in the top ten we might be able to get Andrus Peat, that would solve everything, we could move Kalil to RT which is easier to block than LT and trade Loadholdt for a draft pick. I would also try to sign Iupati in the offseason and we have revamped our Oline!!

Minniman
12-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Some already want Norv fired, are you crazy? We played 3/4 of a season with a 2nd string rookie QB, we lose our franchise RB that we built our team around. Top it off we have lost our starting RG for the season, we lost our starting LT for a few games and looks to me like he still has injury issues, we lost our starting C for a few games, we lost our starting TE for a few games and now our RT is gone for the season. There aren't many OC that could score a lot with all those problems all the while trying to implement a new system.

With all of that known, Turner still does not max protect or even keep the tight end or back in to block. A five yard outlet pass to a back a yard behind to the line of scrimmage on "3rd and 8" does not do a heck of a lot of good. Keep the back in to block so the mid depth receivers can get open.

Where are the quick slants and skinny posts that destroy vacated zones of blitzing linebacker - especially in the cover 2? Why so many delayed handoffs and draw plays on "3rd and long"? Those are choices that are low percentage regardless of personnel. Norv Turner is doing some things right, but what he is getting wrong does not make logical sense given the players he is working with.

Do not forget that Cassel had a 5.99 YPA and a 65.8 passer rating while Ponder had a 5.05 YPA and a 45.8 rating, and they are both veteran quarterbacks. Adrian Peterson had a non-stellar 3.6 YPC in the game he played. There are different players but similar results.

purplehelmut
12-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm with Minni on Norv. I'm not sold on him either. I'm going to watch closer to see if we max protect any this week. I don't think we utilize the quick slant enough although I don't have evidence to support that. If executed it's an almost guaranteed 5 yards. I do see many teams keeping the back and tight end in on some long pass situations.

Minniman
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I do see many teams keeping the back and tight end in on some long pass situations.
The Packers have deep plays designed with just two receiver routes. One does a corner-post, post-corner, or double move nine, and the other does a crossing route. Everybody else stays in to block. That is eight blockers on those plays.

One player will peel off his block as an outlet or Rodgers can throw it away to that side to avoid grounding if trouble comes. These plays beat the Vikings for TDs in the first matchup in Green Bay.

The Packers also isolate and attack the deep linebackers in cover two schemes. That skinny post is a killer once the receiver gets to the second level - especially if the safety does not help over the top quickly.

tarkenton10
12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
With all of that known, Turner still does not max protect or even keep the tight end or back in to block. A five yard outlet pass to a back a yard behind to the line of scrimmage on "3rd and 8" does not do a heck of a lot of good. Keep the back in to block so the mid depth receivers can get open.

Where are the quick slants and skinny posts that destroy vacated zones of blitzing linebacker - especially in the cover 2? Why so many delayed handoffs and draw plays on "3rd and long"? Those are choices that are low percentage regardless of personnel. Norv Turner is doing some things right, but what he is getting wrong does not make logical sense given the players he is working with.

Do not forget that Cassel had a 5.99 YPA and a 65.8 passer rating while Ponder had a 5.05 YPA and a 45.8 rating, and they are both veteran quarterbacks. Adrian Peterson had a non-stellar 3.6 YPC in the game he played. There are different players but similar results.

I think Turner tries to flood Zones and that requires getting as many receivers into the play as possible. As far as all the draws are concerned I think he may be protecting TB from the interceptions. This is especially important on our own side of the field.

The quick slant question is a bit of a head scratcher, we have the best wr in the game at quick slants and it gets the ball out of TB hands quickly, so I am with you on that point.

Suick
12-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Amen

Minniman
12-04-2014, 11:23 PM
I think Turner tries to flood Zones and that requires getting as many receivers into the play as possible. As far as all the draws are concerned I think he may be protecting TB from the interceptions. This is especially important on our own side of the field.
I agree that is what Turner is doing, as he runs a "layered" offensive scheme. In this case, does it make sense to have all of the layers if Bridgewater can never get to the cherry on top? A deep throw that is picked off is just as good as a punt, and a three yard gain still requires a punt.

Bridgewater will not learn how to throw the long pass under pressure unless he throws the long pass under pressure. He is a rookie, and he needs to be "handled" more than a veteran, but take off the kid gloves.

The quick slant question is a bit of a head scratcher, we have the best wr in the game at quick slants and it gets the ball out of TB hands quickly, so I am with you on that point.
Sometimes I have to believe that Turner does not actually have situational plays in his playbook or his plays are missing option routes. There are just too many routes for Bridgewater to check down on that are a low percentage of a first down or are not set to exploit the blitz read.

tarkenton10
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I agree that is what Turner is doing, as he runs a "layered" offensive scheme. In this case, does it make sense to have all of the layers if Bridgewater can never get to the cherry on top? A deep throw that is picked off is just as good as a punt, and a three yard gain still requires a punt.

Bridgewater will not learn how to throw the long pass under pressure unless he throws the long pass under pressure. He is a rookie, and he needs to be "handled" more than a veteran, but take off the kid gloves.

Sometimes I have to believe that Turner does not actually have situational plays in his playbook or his plays are missing option routes. There are just too many routes for Bridgewater to check down on that are a low percentage of a first down or are not set to exploit the blitz read.

I am with you on this and the other point is that even if he wants to get the back out into the pattern, he can still chip the DE to help the tackle and then go out into the pattern or use a Te to help the tackles.

Minniman
12-05-2014, 05:23 PM

I am with you on this and the other point is that even if he wants to get the back out into the pattern, he can still chip the DE to help the tackle and then go out into the pattern or use a Te to help the tackles.

+1 exactly

JPPT1974
12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Kali just needs time. That is all. To just develop.

MaxVike
12-05-2014, 09:24 PM
I "hate" Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, and anyone that hurts my family…you get my point…

I DO NOT HATE Matt Kalil.

With that said, I am disappointed in his performance. I'd like to see an "edge" and some pride. Play aside, I've read about it, and maybe he displays it that way…but, I need to see it on the field. I think I saw it vs. the Panthers, but, I'm not sure. Being a Brontosaurus ain't gonna work. Step up, continue to drive your agenda vs. reacting to theirs.

Minniman
12-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I "hate" Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Jeffrey Dahmer, and anyone that hurts my family…you get my point…

Thank you for bringing that up. I was going to say something similar.

I actually have a little story I tell students about hate. It is a word used far too often for much too small transgressions.

Being curious, I would like to know why you hate Saddam Hussein, and why he made the top of your list. In general, I do have hate for murderous depots, but Hussein did not attack the United States. If you would like to send me a PM, I would like to read what you have to say on that subject.

Matt Kalil has been playing injured, but I do not know how much of that has to do with his performance this season.

TheAnimal93
12-06-2014, 11:22 AM
It sucks when you have a top 5 pick and strike the f out.

Minniman
12-06-2014, 01:21 PM
It sucks when you have a top 5 pick and strike the f out.
At least he doesn't have Joe Mauer's contract.

MaxVike
12-06-2014, 08:48 PM

I actually have a little story I tell students about hate. It is a word used far too often for much too small transgressions.

Being curious, I would like to know why you hate Saddam Hussein, and why he made the top of your list. In general, I do have hate for murderous depots, but Hussein did not attack the United States. If you would like to send me a PM, I would like to read what you have to say on that subject.

Matt Kalil has been playing injured, but I do not know how much of that has to do with his performance this season.

Illustrative Minniman…no pm necessary. I appreciate the callout. My comment is not based on what he did against the US, rather, what I've read about what he did to his people… Admittedly, I may be subject to propaganda, and, with further research, I may be off base.

My point, really, is…the word should not be used in this scenario. If someone has met Matt and he has violated their own personal values, ok. But, fans, minus a personal negative encounter with a player, in this scenario, Matt Kalil, should never use the word hate.

Ranger
12-06-2014, 10:11 PM

I can't speak for him, but I hate Saddam Hussein for a few reasons. Foremost of those would be the mass grave I stood near as it was opened outside of Karbala.

Minniman
12-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Illustrative Minniman…no pm necessary. I appreciate the callout. My comment is not based on what he did against the US, rather, what I've read about what he did to his people… Admittedly, I may be subject to propaganda, and, with further research, I may be off base.
Saddam Hussein did the same thing to his people when he was an ally of the United States. I was wondering because many people bring up Hussein and not the Saudis that trained and funded the 911 terrorists and are now funding ISIS. It is a strange world we live in. Moving on ....

My point, really, is…the word should not be used in this scenario. If someone has met Matt and he has violated their own personal values, ok. But, fans, minus a personal negative encounter with a player, in this scenario, Matt Kalil, should never use the word hate.
I agree. "Hate" should be reserved for something far less benign.

I was going to post something about it, but you already did.

purplehelmut
12-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Maybe we could change the thread title to something more benign like the Matt Kalil Gripe thread. I agree hate is too strong a word. Anyway, even my girlfriend noticed his poor play against the Jets. I didn't even bring it up. If he's hurt and not able to perform, he should sit.

VikingMike
12-08-2014, 06:36 PM

With that said, I am disappointed in his performance. I'd like to see an "edge" and some pride. Play aside, I've read about it, and maybe he displays it that way…but, I need to see it on the field. I think I saw it vs. the Panthers, but, I'm not sure. Being a Brontosaurus ain't gonna work. Step up, continue to drive your agenda vs. reacting to theirs.

"Hate is too powerful an emotion to waste on somebody you don’t even like." Bill Murray on Twitter.

C Mac D
12-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Is it ironic that this is the thread I've posted the least hate in?

MaxVike
12-10-2014, 11:10 PM
No

TheAnimal93
12-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Well, I guess that this thread will amp up after this Sunday. Not a favorable match up for the young LT.

tastywaves
12-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Well, I guess that this thread will amp up after this Sunday. Not a favorable match up for the young LT.

Hope Teddy is working on his 1.5 second release.

TheAnimal93
12-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Hope Teddy is working on his 1.5 second release.
HaHa! And his bail technique. :clap:

purplehelmut
12-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Kalil- Master of the "Look Out!" block.

Suick
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/444566/2399934/0/1152602477/Tripod_Turnstile.jpg

Sorry.............couldn't find a pic of one committing a false start.