PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson says he won't use switch again, ponders new start

BadlandsVikings
11-21-2014, 10:02 AM
In an interview with USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/longform/sports/nfl/vikings/2014/11/20/adrian-peterson-roger-goodell-child-abuse-switch-minnesota-vikings/70025476/), suspended Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/) running back Adrian Peterson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8261/) says he never will use a switch again and that he thinks he might need a fresh start elsewhere once his NFL career resumes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/adrian-peterson-says-he-won-t-use-switch-again--ponders-new-start-044526466.html

RK.
11-21-2014, 11:38 AM
The Wilfs better step up and show some support for him quick. His story is a national story not a local one so I don't get the fresh start thing. He will get the same fresh start in MN as anywhere else. I will be pissed if they just release him. I will put them in the same category as Red McCombs for ownership if that happens.

BadlandsVikings
11-21-2014, 12:10 PM
The Wilfs better step up and show some support for him quick. His story is a national story not a local one so I don't get the fresh start thing. He will get the same fresh start in MN as anywhere else. I will be pissed if they just release him. I will put them in the same category as Red McCombs for ownership if that happens.

The Cheap Texan and the Silent Jews: it's not the punch line to a joke, it's just the last two ownership groups of the Vikings

tarkenton10
11-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Ponder is starting because AP used a switch, how much torture is Goodell going to put this franchise through?

tastywaves
11-21-2014, 12:56 PM
A number of Texas reporters are already counting AD on their staff next year. They think he will be cheaper than Murray. Which I find hard to believe even with the baggage.

I think AD will largely decide his next move based largely on the contract being offered. Then again, I always think that. If MN doesn't want him, then Dallas wouldn't surprise me, but I think he will cost more than many think he will. Not at his current level, but still pretty substantial, because he is that good. For MN, that might mean, that if they don't honor his current contract that he uses that as an opportunity to leave.

If MN is willing to pay his 2015 rate going into next year, then look at renegotiation during the year the transitioning period will be easier on all. I think the personal feelings on both sides will dissipate once the season starts rolling.

EricTheViking
11-21-2014, 12:57 PM
More from the USA Today article. It sounds like he wants to stay with the Vikings but he knows that the higher ups may not have the balls to keep him. So it truly is going to be an ownership decision:

"I would love to go back and play in Minnesota to get a feel and just see if my family still feels comfortable there," Peterson said. "But if there's word out that hey, they might release me, then so be it. I would feel good knowing that I've given everything I had in me."

"I would have to get back in the community and get a feel," Peterson said. "I know who loves me. The coaches and the players, it's not going to be a problem. I've felt so much support from those guys. The organization, I know there's people in the organization that support me and there's people that I know internally that has not been supporting me."

. . .Peterson also said he has given a lot of thought to the idea that "maybe it's best for me to get a fresh start somewhere else."

tastywaves
11-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Ponder is starting because AP used a switch, how much torture is Goodell going to put this franchise through?

What did I miss?

tarkenton10
11-21-2014, 01:02 PM
What did I miss?

Ponders new start. What if it was written Ponder's new start

purplehelmut
11-21-2014, 01:05 PM
I just don't believe the hypocritical crook Wilfs have the balls to keep Peterson. They will "wilf" under the pressure from a minority of do-gooders who see Peterson as a monster. If he's an abuser my old man was Charlie Manson in disguise.

BadlandsVikings
11-21-2014, 01:10 PM

We should Ponder a new start for Cullpepper, he's not doing anything

tastywaves
11-21-2014, 01:11 PM

Got ya, poor choice of words in the title by the author. Too sensitive subjects wrapped in one title, no doubt not by accident.

tastywaves
11-21-2014, 01:14 PM
We should Ponder a new start for Cullpepper, he's not doing anything

Apparently he could use the money. You would think that a guy smart enough to be his own agent would be smart enough to manage his money. Oh right...

tarkenton10
11-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Got ya, poor choice of words in the title by the author. Too sensitive subjects wrapped in one title, no doubt not by accident.

No biggie no one gets my humor, not even my wife

tarkenton10
11-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Apparently he could use the money. You would think that a guy smart enough to be his own agent would be smart enough to manage his money. Oh right...

I thought I saw Culpooper bagging groceries, I heard he got Kurt Warner's old job.

kingpin9995
11-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Of course he's gone. I said weeks back that he knows by their actions that management has not supported him for one second. He's gone and the Wimpy Wilfs helped make it happen. Some times you have to stick to your guns . They did when they put him back on the roster and within hours wimped out to the speical interest and a few shit sponsors... Good luck in Dallas AD. He will tear it up there with Romo and a rebuilt O line. Oh and we'll get shit for him.. Probably a 3rd rounder. Those dummy beanie wearers in the front office will think it's a great deal.. More misery in Minnesota. We got to watch Moss go to NE and break the td record and only miss a SB win because of a freak catch down the stretch .. Now we will get to watch Adrian tear it up for 4 more years and remind us all what dumb fuks we all are..

BadlandsVikings
11-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Of course he's gone. I said weeks back that he knows by their actions that management has not supported him for one second. He's gone and the Wimpy Wilfs helped make it happen. Some times you have to stick to your guns . They did when they put him back on the roster and within hours wimped out to the speical interest and a few shit sponsors... Good luck in Dallas AD. He will tear it up there with Romo and a rebuilt O line. Oh and we'll get shit for him.. Probably a 3rd rounder. Those dummy beanie wearers in the front office will think it's a great deal.. More misery in Minnesota. We got to watch Moss go to NE and break the td record and only miss a SB win because of a freak catch down the stretch .. Now we will get to watch Adrian tear it up for 4 more years and remind us all what dumb fuks we all are..

It wont be a third rounder, he'll be cut before the season is over. They aren't going to wait til his suspension is over in April to move on

VikingMike
11-21-2014, 03:51 PM
A number of Texas reporters are already counting AD on their staff next year. They think he will be cheaper than Murray. Which I find hard to believe even with the baggage.

I think AD will largely decide his next move based largely on the contract being offered. Then again, I always think that. If MN doesn't want him, then Dallas wouldn't surprise me, but I think he will cost more than many think he will. Not at his current level, but still pretty substantial, because he is that good. For MN, that might mean, that if they don't honor his current contract that he uses that as an opportunity to leave.

If MN is willing to pay his 2015 rate going into next year, then look at renegotiation during the year the transitioning period will be easier on all. I think the personal feelings on both sides will dissipate once the season starts rolling.

I don't see any way the Vikings pay AD $13M next year. So if they renegotiate with him for a lower salary, it will, as you say (and I agree), come down to who is willing to pay him more. But add in the "loyalty factor" or lack thereof, from the Wilfs, and that may sway him toward Dallas, or Seattle (aka Valhalla). I hate to see him go, but I really don't see any future for him with the Vikings.

tastywaves
11-21-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't see any way the Vikings pay AD $13M next year. So if they renegotiate with him for a lower salary, it will, as you say (and I agree), come down to who is willing to pay him more. But add in the "loyalty factor" or lack thereof, from the Wilfs, and that may sway him toward Dallas, or Seattle (aka Valhalla). I hate to see him go, but I really don't see any future for him with the Vikings.

Agreed, if MN does want to keep him, it will likely cost them more than other clubs which would give him a fresh start. That's why I think they may have to go into next year with his current contract in order to keep him.

It also gives the skittish owners a chance to determine how much he's effecting the fan base before making another long term offer.

snowinapril
11-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Why did we pay him for not playing? I don't understand how he can say he wasn't supported. The Vikings got nothing out of it plus they are obligated to pay him further. It wasn't the Viking's action that got him into this predicament. He is at the mercy of the Commish.

Also, I don't think that AP thinks that he is loved and appreciated by the majority of people in MN. There are plenty of residents of MN that don't care about football and they aren't going to side with someone with poor moral judgement. I think the majority of the Vikings fans would feel otherwise and provide support. Once he gets back on the field, it goes away quickly. I said all along that Goodell didn't want AP to play this season. He wants him to be removed from the game for a long while and give him the off season to help this die out.

Tad7
11-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Adam Schefter posted this on facebook:

When Adrian Peterson told USA Today there were people in Vikings' organization who did want him back and people in the organization who didn't, the person he was referring to who wasn't in favor of his return was the team's general counsel, Kevin Warren, per league sources. Warren and the NFL have been working to make sure Peterson did not return this season, per sources familiar with the case. Now there are questions about whether Peterson will return to Minnesota at all next season. There were those in the Vikings organization who were, and still are, in favor of Peterson's return, including the coaches, front office and players. But per sources, Peterson believes at least one individual didn't want him back.

RK.
11-23-2014, 11:17 AM
There were those in the Vikings organization who were, and still are, in favor of Peterson's return, including the coaches, front office and players.

In the end it will be the team that decides whether he stays or goes not some fucking lawyer. Its important that players feel that the organization has their back. If they don't then this team goes nowhere and FA's will leave the minute they can. I think AP will be back next year with the Vikes. I don't see them trading him for cap savings or any other reason.

tastywaves
11-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Adam Schefter posted this on facebook:

When Adrian Peterson told USA Today there were people in Vikings' organization who did want him back and people in the organization who didn't, the person he was referring to who wasn't in favor of his return was the team's general counsel, Kevin Warren, per league sources. Warren and the NFL have been working to make sure Peterson did not return this season, per sources familiar with the case. Now there are questions about whether Peterson will return to Minnesota at all next season. There were those in the Vikings organization who were, and still are, in favor of Peterson's return, including the coaches, front office and players. But per sources, Peterson believes at least one individual didn't want him back.

Seems odd that an employee of the Wilf's would act on his own. He may be advising the team to have AD sit out the year, but no way he works behind their backs with the NFL.

FOX is reporting that the Wilf's are mad as hell with the NFL ruling and that they want him back.

Safe to say, we dont' really know what the hell is going on other than Goodell is on a power trip and won't be overruled without some serious leverage against him that I don't think the NFLPA has at this point.