PDA

View Full Version : Vikings claim Ben Tate

C Mac D
11-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Vikings claim Ben Tate off waivers after he was cut by Browns (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/vikings-claim-ben-tate-off-waivers-after-he-was-cut-by-browns/)

Having lost their old franchise back this week, the Vikings are taking a chance on a guy who thought he was somebody else’s.

According to Field Yates of ESPN, the Vikings have claimed (https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/535177609991421953) running back Ben Tate off waivers from the Browns.

Continued... (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/vikings-claim-ben-tate-off-waivers-after-he-was-cut-by-browns/)

Interesting move... I didn't know Asiata was going through concussion protocol, so this makes a little more sense.

kingpin9995
11-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Wooo peeeee... Ben Tate... Another great move by this Vikings franchise.. I suppose I will hear now that he's a poor man's AP.... I'm sure he'll help the Vikings sustain one of the two scoring drives they produce each game.. Field goals of course unless it's set up by the defense on a turnover inside the 5... Then maybe just maybe that could be 6 points. We already know that AP not being in the backfield is no big deal since the Vikings went 5-10-1 last season.. At least thats the way Planet of the Apes thinks...

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Super Bowl!!! Kingpin, does that make me a dummy?

kingpin9995
11-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Ben Tate over the last 5 weeks has 90 yards in 53 carries for a 1.7 yard average... Adrian gets that just dropping his scholong out in front of him.

And here's the kicker... He has been complaining that he's not GETTING ENOUGH CARRIES...LOL

HE'LL FIT RIGHT IN AS WE AGAIN BATTLE FOR DRAFT POSITION SO WE CAN GET ALL EXCITED ABOUT POTENTIAL... GIGGLE.

C Mac D
11-19-2014, 04:55 PM
Ben Tate over the last 5 weeks has 90 yards in 53 carries for a 1.7 yard average... Adrian gets that just dropping his scholong out in front of him.

And here's the kicker... He has been complaining that he's not GETTING ENOUGH CARRIES...LOL

HE'LL FIT RIGHT IN AS WE AGAIN BATTLE FOR DRAFT POSITION SO WE CAN GET ALL EXCITED ABOUT POTENTIAL... GIGGLE.

Settle down man... good lord.

Pretty sure we're not picking him up as a starter. Asiata is going through concussion protocol and McKinnon is sitting out of practice today, not sure why. We simply need RB depth. Really a no-risk signing for the Vikes.

jessejames09
11-19-2014, 08:57 PM

...might be the greatest exaggeration of all time. I don't know if his dick is 1.7 yards long or maybe dudes don't want to tackle him with his business exposed but either way it's a pretty disturbing and hilarious visual.

tastywaves
11-19-2014, 09:51 PM
...might be the greatest exaggeration of all time. I don't know if his dick is 1.7 yards long or maybe dudes don't want to tackle him with his business exposed but either way it's a pretty disturbing and hilarious visual.

No doubt. Maybe that's why Goodell has it in for him.

tastywaves
11-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Let's not forget DW signed to the practice squad as well.

snowinapril
11-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Tate did well as a fill in behind the line in Houston. Part of a good running team in Houston. He did not do as well in Cleveland. I had hopes for the guy in Cleveland but they never came together. We will see.

digital420
11-20-2014, 04:36 AM
Tate at least knows how to block, chip, and hit the whole.

i doubt he's any future starter, or replacement.. a no risk no real expectation we need a body to fill a position.

better then picking some teams practice squad rookie and teaching him how to be a RB.

DiGiTaL

kingpin9995
11-20-2014, 08:57 AM
I hear that OJ has been working out and told the Vikings he's ready to go. AP and OJ are pretty much the same guy ya know with their criminal pasts. He'd fit right in, and I think the Wilfs can tell us THEY GOT IT RIGHT...

tarkenton10
11-20-2014, 09:03 AM
I hear that OJ has been working out and told the Vikings he's ready to go. AP and OJ are pretty much the same guy ya know with their criminal pasts. He'd fit right in, and I think the Wilfs can tell us THEY GOT IT RIGHT...

Seriously, you must be smoking crack (or on some kind of drugs)!! AP disciplined his child, he went too far but he was trying to do the right thing and you put him in the same category as a narcissistic, egotistical, murdering psychopath, I want to know what drugs you are taking because clearly they are hallucinogenic ones.

BadlandsVikings
11-20-2014, 09:39 AM

You are a dumbass

purplehelmut
11-20-2014, 10:49 AM
The Wilfs telling us they need to get it right is akin to Ray Lewis giving Ray Rice tips on morality.

BadlandsVikings
11-20-2014, 10:56 AM
The Wilfs telling us they need to get it right is akin to Ray Lewis giving Ray Rice tips on morality.

Too bad there weren't cameras in the bathroom he was supposedly chipping golf balls in

vikesrgreat2
11-20-2014, 11:14 AM

:rofl:

mountainviking
11-22-2014, 12:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272622-ben-tate-to-vikings-latest-contract-details-analysis-and-reaction

When Tate has adequate blocking in front of him, he has proven to be an effective one-cut, downhill runner with a nice blend of power and elusiveness. Extenuating circumstances have hampered his production in Cleveland, but Minnesota may be just the fresh environment Tate needs to reach his NFL apex, especially given the uncertainty surrounding Peterson's future with the franchise.

So his rushing average went down when the Browns' probowl center hit IR, surprise, surprise.

Not a bad mid season pick up at all. The Browns paid his signing bonus and we don't owe him much more this season. And, he provides some additional flexibility since Spielman and co. have some tough thinking to do on the whole Peterson thing for next year and beyond too.

PurplePowerPunch
11-22-2014, 08:24 PM
I like the pick by our Vikings. Tate hits the hole pretty hard. Run blocking is our O-line's strength, so he should fit in well rushing behind them. Skol!

MaxVike
11-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Tate improves the Team at the RB position…at this point. A solid pickup, not earth shattering…but, I think it's a good move.

tastywaves
11-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Nice game Ben.

Banyard did look pretty good on the few carries he had. Both Banyard and Dominque Williams (in the extremely limited action I saw), both look more natural as running backs.

Banyard also looked good catching the ball on a couple shitty throws from Teddy.

kingpin9995
11-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Seriously, you must be smoking crack (or on some kind of drugs)!! AP disciplined his child, he went too far but he was trying to do the right thing and you put him in the same category as a narcissistic, egotistical, murdering psychopath, I want to know what drugs you are taking because clearly they are hallucinogenic ones.

If you've been reading me here that was a whack at management and the NFL. Quite the contrary I was being sarcastic and meaning that OJ is the scum of the earth , a place many here in liberal MN think AP fits.. It's a sad football year in Minny when we have to watch the best player on our team, and of most of our teams in history sit out an ENTIRE season because of a disciplining technique gone bad by AP. We've been robbed of seeing what Teddy could do with the soul of our offense behing him , a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. A threat so big that safties have to move in the box which would give Teddy the green space he needs to be successful as a rook. The read option with AP and Teddy.. It's all gone now and it's never coming back. The rushing record watch with AP a Viking in our new stadium. Now all we have is a shell of an offense that can't score more than one td a game until the prevent defense comes and we get a mop up td at the end.. SO SAD.. I hope AP goes on to make the VIKING BRASS LOOK THE FOOLS THEY ARE. I want to see him hold my multiple SB trophies and flip the WILFS THE BIRD

BadlandsVikings
11-24-2014, 01:47 PM
I want to see him hold my multiple SB trophies and flip the WILFS THE BIRD

after being suspended once, that's not smart

tarkenton10
11-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Wooo peeeee... Ben Tate... Another great move by this Vikings franchise.. I suppose I will hear now that he's a poor man's AP.... I'm sure he'll help the Vikings sustain one of the two scoring drives they produce each game.. Field goals of course unless it's set up by the defense on a turnover inside the 5... Then maybe just maybe that could be 6 points. We already know that AP not being in the backfield is no big deal since the Vikings went 5-10-1 last season.. At least thats the way Planet of the Apes thinks...

This was a very good move, they knew that Asiata was most likely gone for the game, who would you have picked up? What is out there, nothing! Another smart move by Spielman is Charlie Johnson, he is a great kid but raw, he is only in his second year. If Patterson ever gets the route tree in the pros these two kids could be lethal for the Vikes.

Charles Johnson came from tiny Grand Valley State, he was drafted by GB and put on the practice squad. Cleveland took him and then they placed him on the practice squad. So he is young and can play, I like this pick up and our WR corp is getting better.

Johnson was going to make his mark at the annual NFL Scouting Combine before he was denied the chance because of the number of juniors entering the draft. He showed sub-4.4 40-yard dash speed at his Pro Day to open the eyes of scouts. After all, Johnson carried his 6-foot-2, 217-pound frame across the line in blazing time.