PDA

View Full Version : Peterson suspended for the rest of the season

Tad7
11-18-2014, 07:48 AM
from Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora on Twitter:

NFL announced Adrian Peterson is suspended without pay for at least the remainder of the 2014 season. Expect an appeal

Peterson has 3 days to appeal and get an expedited hearing. If he does NFL says he remains on Exempt List w/pay pending decision

In his letter to Peterson, Commissioner Goodell wrote if the player adheres to all counseling, etc, earliest reinstatement is April 15

VikingMike
11-18-2014, 07:51 AM
You beat me to it by 2 minutes. I'll delete mine.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/18/7188877/adrian-peterson-reinstatement-denied-nfl-2014-season

BadlandsVikings
11-18-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm not surprised. If his appeal is denied he will be cut before the season is over

VikingMike
11-18-2014, 08:00 AM
I guess none of us will be shocked, but still a sad day for me. AD was caught up in a perfect storm (most of it his own doing).

Tad7
11-18-2014, 08:05 AM
I just heard them read Goodell's statement on the radio and it sounds like Peterson's lack of remorse played a big factor.

And I have to agree there wasn't much remorse. I was accepting his ignorance of the fact he went too far, because I really believe that's how he was raised and what not, but I still haven't seen any indications that he "gets it".

I still thought he deserved to be back on the field ASAP because this isn't a babysitting job. But oh well, I'd be more mad if the Vikings were a potential playoff team.

thejck
11-18-2014, 08:05 AM
I got better things to do in life and since the Vikings are not going anywhere this season it doesnt matter..But i really hope the NFL gets their clocks cleaned for this..

How is a DUI treated so much more leniently than this? In my opinion that is far worse to put other lives at risk than what he did.

What a sham

drakkar
11-18-2014, 08:07 AM
The NFL is such a joke..

purplehelmut
11-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Well, that's that then. We move on to Vikings AAD (After All Day). We were wasting him anyway and he's probably glad to be on his way to Dallas with a whole year to heal up.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 08:35 AM
I guess none of us will be shocked, but still a sad day for me. AD was caught up in a perfect storm (most of it his own doing).

Adolph Godell has spoken.. The dictator has made his decision. The same man that suspended a guy for two games that knocked his wife out and dragged her out of an elevator and then lied about what he really knew of the incident told to him by Rice. 6 game suspension for a guy that does the same exact thing as a large percentage of black folk down south. A place where teachers still whack kids in school to make them mind. Heil Godell.....

raptorman
11-18-2014, 08:38 AM
The NFL screwed up. They used the illegally leaked information from the grand jury. In the future expect to see anything and everything used to discipline players. The NFL no longer considers what goes on in the courtroom the standard for punishing players. It now considers public opinion the operating force.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 08:39 AM
So in other words he has taken his job away for an entire year for what a court ruled a misdemeanor crime in Texas. Only the hypocrits in the NFL could get away with this. The same crooks that have owners that get in trouble with the law and get zero punishment... You can have this new NFL... It's quite the joke.. The talk Superbowl... pffft.. Average teams that will never be talked about like real SB winners of the past...

C Mac D
11-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Well, that's that then. We move on to Vikings AAD (After All Day). We were wasting him anyway and he's probably glad to be on his way to Dallas with a whole year to heal up.

I agree that we were wasting him. Vikes just aren't a very good organization and simply incapable of putting together a championship-caliber team. Wish him all the success in the future, would love to see him get a ring.

C Mac D
11-18-2014, 08:42 AM
The NFL screwed up. They used the illegally leaked information from the grand jury. In the future expect to see anything and everything used to discipline players. The NFL no longer considers what goes on in the courtroom the standard for punishing players. It now considers public opinion the operating force.

Just like any other business.

jargomcfargo
11-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Adrian was paid for most of the season while the Vikings and fans were without their best player for the entire season. Who was punished more by Goodell, Peterson or the Vikings and their fans ?
Where is Goodell's punishment for screwing up the Rice case?
"I didn't see that video", BS, Rodger.

raptorman
11-18-2014, 08:55 AM
My prediction. Peterson will appeal, his appeal will be denied and a federal lawsuit in be filed.

Mark_The_Viking
11-18-2014, 08:58 AM
this is a joke, it has been badly handled from day one. Remorse, AP record of good works in the community speaks for itself. Goodell is a joke and the sooner Matt Birk is made the commish the better.

We've had wife beaters, rapists, murderers get less than this.

RK.
11-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Its Bull Shit. This is the same punishment that the Saints coach got for putting bounties on players and intensionally trying to injure people. Goodell is just making it up as he goes along. AP is not being punished by the guidelines that were in place at the time of the infraction. I hope he sues the NFL.

Traveling_Vike
11-18-2014, 09:56 AM
This is just flat out wrong. At this point, they are no longer punishing Peterson, they are punishing the Vikings and fans. And the longer it drags out in legal battles, the more punishment it becomes. There is simply no way to recompense the team for what this has cost them.

I've tried to be patient with him, but I am now firmly on the bandwagon against Goodell. He needs to go. Unfortunately, he's been great for the owners, so they won't act to get rid of him, and they are the only ones who can.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 10:04 AM

Great post... you hit the nail on the head raptor. The NFL has turned into the sounding board for all the special interests. Ever since they have been on the run for the concussion debate they have cow towed to every other debate in society ... Hypocrits owners and commish that pay guys great money to get their brains scrambled and up until a few years ago glorified the big hits on JACKED UP in their telecasts.. Talk about criminals... They take mostly black men about 70 percent or so.. use them up... damage their brains , make billions off of them and then after three or four years toss them on the bone pile and go get some nice fresh meat... All this while fighting tooth and nail to even give these fukers health care as they can't remenber where they parked, take 20 minutes to get out of bed, and blow their brains out because they are so depressed.. Fuking NFL hypocrits. THey are the biggest criminals in this entire story...

BadlandsVikings
11-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Incognito is being used as an example for "bullying". The Broncos wanted to sign him but the NFL wouldn't let them.

The peterson situation will now be used the same way. I doubt he will be allowed to play next year just to set an example. Ray Rice will play before Peterson

purplehelmut
11-18-2014, 10:35 AM
I wonder how ol' Ray Lewis would have fared had his legal matter been in today's NFL? Lewis got off practically scot free after pleading to obstruction and his two murderer buddies walked. Now Ray Lewis is a football hero, an ESPN analyst, and buds with the commish. I can't stand listening to his sanctimonious bs. Dude should be in jail and the NFL is crucifying Peterson for a misdemeanor.

bleedpurple
11-18-2014, 11:07 AM
I wonder how ol' Ray Lewis would have fared had his legal matter been in today's NFL? Lewis got off practically scot free after pleading to obstruction and his two murderer buddies walked. Now Ray Lewis is a football hero, an ESPN analyst, and buds with the commish. I can't stand listening to his sanctimonious bs. Dude should be in jail and the NFL is crucifying Peterson for a misdemeanor.

so true... this is just ridiculous...

Suick
11-18-2014, 11:21 AM
does this mean I should cut him from my fantasy team.................AGAIN??

C Mac D
11-18-2014, 11:27 AM
does this mean I should cut him from my fantasy team.................AGAIN??

I just did. Picked up Isaiah Crowell in his place... which is ridiculous.

jargomcfargo
11-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Sounds as if the Vikings didn't want him back.
Statement from Vikings regarding Peterson, "We respect the league’s decision and will have no further comment at this time."

BadlandsVikings
11-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Sounds as if the Vikings didn't want him back.
Statement from Vikings regarding Peterson, "We respect the league’s decision and will have no further comment at this time."

After the first time they reinstated him they won't comment about him unless they announce that they are cutting him

BadlandsVikings
11-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Webby must know something, I see that AP has been finally taken of the homepage banner

vikesrgreat2
11-18-2014, 12:11 PM
The sentence handed down by the NFL on Peterson came as no surprise to me. I think we need to not overreact at this time, but let the appeal process play out. Even if Peterson wins his appeal and gets reinstated, I think we need to keep in mind that we are not a playoff team at this time. Bottom line is: the NFL under-sentenced Ray Rice, so it now seems it has to "right itself" by over-sentencing Peterson. The Vikings and the fans end up being punished.

bleedpurple
11-18-2014, 12:50 PM
The sentence handed down by the NFL on Peterson came as no surprise to me. I think we need to not overreact at this time, but let the appeal process play out. Even if Peterson wins his appeal and gets reinstated, I think we need to keep in mind that we are not a playoff team at this time. Bottom line is: the NFL under-sentenced Ray Rice, so it now seems it has to "right itself" by over-sentencing Peterson. The Vikings and the fans end up being punished.

Typical.!!! Between the NFL and the officials, we always seem to get fucked over by things out of our control.

purplehelmut
11-18-2014, 01:42 PM
It's the "Viking Curse" rearing its ugly head once again my friends. We need to find a voodoo doc and get rid of the bad mojo we've had forever.

jargomcfargo
11-18-2014, 02:32 PM
That's the way I see it as well. However, the Vikings may have been a play off team had Peterson been allowed to play while awaiting sentencing.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Absolutely this team would have been at least in the running down the stretch for a playoff birth. A couple dopes in here dont' think so. There is no way you can convince me that a healthy Peterson getting 25 touches a game would not have made a difference in the outcome of at least two losses and probably three. That is just foolish to think that his presence does not make the hopes of winning a game go up dramatically. Godell and the cowards at Winter Park took that away from the fans this year and had the balls to charge season ticket holders full price to watch a team that cant sustain 2 scoring drives a game... I predicted that a few weeks ago the defense would start to crumble with the pressure this non existent offense was putting on them. You say it in Chi Town and you will see it even more against the Peckers. I hope the Vikings get beat 72-0 and only two people are left in the stands.. D Mac and that dopey Badlands character... purple koolaid running down their Ponder jerseys while rooting for Blair Walsh to end the shutout with one second left from 71 yards.. as Denny Green runs on the field and takes a knee....

tastywaves
11-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Goodell's quote really sums things up. He is completing screwing himself and is too stupid to realize it.

This isn't about Adrian or what he did. This is about how the NFL has given one very unqualified person the almighty power to determine what is right and wrong in our world. I don't even think he is looking at the NFL's best interest at this point, I think this became personal to Goodell because AD didn't kneel at his feet and recognize the power that he yields. The Ray Rice screw up I'm sure influenced this as well, but Ray probably kissed the ring and was given a lighter sentence.

It's not about the crime, it's about how well you grovel at the master's feet.

C Mac D
11-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Absolutely this team would have been at least in the running down the stretch for a playoff birth. A couple dopes in here dont' think so. There is no way you can convince me that a healthy Peterson getting 25 touches a game would not have made a difference in the outcome of at least two losses and probably three. That is just foolish to think that his presence does not make the hopes of winning a game go up dramatically. Godell and the cowards at Winter Park took that away from the fans this year and had the balls to charge season ticket holders full price to watch a team that cant sustain 2 scoring drives a game... I predicted that a few weeks ago the defense would start to crumble with the pressure this non existent offense was putting on them. You say it in Chi Town and you will see it even more against the Peckers. I hope the Vikings get beat 72-0 and only two people are left in the stands.. D Mac and that dopey Badlands character... purple koolaid running down their Ponder jerseys while rooting for Blair Walsh to end the shutout with one second left from 71 yards.. as Denny Green runs on the field and takes a knee....

Peterson averaged 17.25 carries per game last season... we finished 5-10-1.

I realize you like calling people "dummy" and other very mature names, but the facts simply don't back-up your conclusions. Maybe if you weren't so low-browed in your approach, some of us might politely agree with you.

For example, you could have said "Well, in 2012 Peterson averaged 21.75 touches per game and we went to the playoffs..." however, anyone with any football acumen would be quick to point out that the only reason we got into the playoffs was because Green Bay rested most of their defensive starters during week 17, and then proceeded to mop the floor with us in the first round of the playoffs.

Anywhoo, food for thought. Don't let us "dummies" who actually do research get in the way though.

PurplePowerPunch
11-18-2014, 05:04 PM
I guess we have to get ready and draft Gordon or Gurly. I think it's over for Peterson here as a Viking. Sad day as a Vikings fan. Skol

QuadoCox
11-18-2014, 06:03 PM

I realize you like calling people "dummy" and other very mature names, but the facts simply don't back-up your conclusions. Maybe if you weren't so low-browed in your approach, some of us might politely agree with you.

For example, you could have said "Well, in 2012 Peterson averaged 21.75 touches per game and we went to the playoffs..." however, anyone with any football acumen would be quick to point out that the only reason we got into the playoffs was because Green Bay rested most of their defensive starters during week 17, and then proceeded to mop the floor with us in the first round of the playoffs.

Anywhoo, food for thought. Don't let us "dummies" who actually do research get in the way though.

Link to the rested starters?

QuadoCox
11-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Yup starters were rested >:|

Green Bay Defensive
TACKLES MISC
TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HTS TD
M. Burnett 7 7 0 0 0 0 0
T. Williams 5 5 0 0 0 0 0
M. Jennings 5 5 0 0 0 0 0
S. Shields 5 4 0 0 0 0 0
B. Jones 5 3 0 0 0 0 0
A. Hawk 4 4 0 0 0 0 0
B. Raji 4 4 0 0 0 0 0
R. Pickett 4 3 0 0 1 0 0
C. Wilson 4 3 0 0 0 0 0
E. Walden 4 2 0 0 0 0 0
C. Matthews 3 3 1 0 0 0 0

jessejames09
11-18-2014, 07:17 PM
I can't say I'm a huge AP fan at this point, he hurt his team as bad as any me-first showboat WR ever did this year (or worse, much worse). However, watching him play for any other team would absolutely suck. So as much as I want to hate on Goodell, I like this. His own level of ignorance earned him a year without football and hopefully by the time week one rolls around next year all the media hype and raw emotion is out of the way. This, to me, seems like the only way AP can establish himself as a Viking again, without a huge controversy. And that still hinges on him saying and doing the right things over the next year or so.

As a Viking fan I've had enough off the field drama. We all have.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 08:02 PM

ITEM: Last year the Viking defense ranked near the bottom in the league in almost every catagory.

ITEM: This season the Vikings defense has been respectable and in the middle of the pack in defense. They entered the Bears game third in the league with 30 sacks and had held opponents for the most part in the 20 point range in games that they lost.

ITEM: Ponder had probably his worst season and was so incompetent that Jim Brown could not have helped him.

ITEM: In 2013 Peterson rushed for over 2000 yards and beat the Packers like a drum . It was his fault that Joe fuking Webb made the start and made Spergeon Winn look like Joe Montana.

ITEM: If you cannot see that in three games with AD getting 25 cracks a game at making a game changing run which he's done time after time in his career then I'm sorry but you just don't have a clue what you are talking about

ITEM: I believe you and Planet of the Apes despise AP for what he did and no matter what is said about his impact you will follow the MSNBC whacks all the way to the public hanging of Peterson...

Good day....

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 08:09 PM
I can't say I'm a huge AP fan at this point, he hurt his team as bad as any me-first showboat WR ever did this year (or worse, much worse). However, watching him play for any other team would absolutely suck. So as much as I want to hate on Goodell, I like this. His own level of ignorance earned him a year without football and hopefully by the time week one rolls around next year all the media hype and raw emotion is out of the way. This, to me, seems like the only way AP can establish himself as a Viking again, without a huge controversy. And that still hinges on him saying and doing the right things over the next year or so.

It is my belief that Peterson will never suit up in purple again. Not only because the Wilfs are too much of cowards an liberal MN will force them to never let him see the field. More important I believe Peterson now believes the organization let him down and he's all about commitment and the Vikings have shown zero to him in all this.. I for one hope he comes back stronger than ever next season and he goes on with that team to win World Titles as well as break the rushing record for that team and go into the HOF in that teams uniform.

jargomcfargo
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
As a Vikings fan, I have had a significant lack of on field drama!
I can only wonder what AP's punishment would have been if he played for Jerry Jones or Green Bay.
The Vikings seem to be an expansion team in the eyes of the commish. despite being in the league for more than half a decade. Who is getting punished here. AP made most of his salary this year.
Funny how the Wilfs involvement in racketeering gets little attention from Goodell, but AP gets the book thrown at him.
I fully realize AP was wrong and deserves punishment, but I can only wonder if being a Viking influenced the decision Goodell made.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 08:10 PM
OPPS BIG MAC is wrong again.This guy has zero football knowledge. He's a lib that wants Adrian sent to the electric chair

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
One other thing. Who does this fukstick Godell think he is, GOD? He comes out saying Adrian showed on remorse. Why because he did not go on tv and cry and beg the almighty Godell to let him play. He said i accept I did wrong and I will do what I have to love my son better and be a better father. What else is he suppose to do..

thorshammer
11-18-2014, 08:41 PM
It seems to me that Adrian is paying for his sins as well as the sins of others along with the Goodell's screw ups. It's a shame. Others have done as bad and worse. It seems to me it's all about timing. I'm pretty sure Adrian showed remorse. Who is Goodell to act holier than thou. Really tired of his lame act.

vikinggreg
11-18-2014, 10:14 PM
As a Vikings fan, I have had a significant lack of on field drama!
I can only wonder what AP's punishment would have been if he played for Jerry Jones or Green Bay.
The Vikings seem to be an expansion team in the eyes of the commish. despite being in the league for more than half a decade.

How can you say that you just have to look at Ben Rothlisberger and the trouble he got in with an under age women and using police as his private.....oh wait.....never mind :think:

snowinapril
11-18-2014, 11:50 PM
I am truly pissed with the NFL for this decision.

Magic 8 Ball would have made a better decision that the NFL.

What is a union contract if an employer is not going to follow it. i would like to see the Union take acti0on against the NFL. If the Union contract lets the commissioner do this, then I would organize a strike. The league is showing no consistency in how they discipline the players. It just seems to be more and more harsh.

I am losing interest in sports altogether, especially the NFL.

vikinggreg
11-19-2014, 12:50 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/18/arbitrators-ruling-makes-peterson-letter-agreement-irrelevant/

The last CBA the owners ended early, locked out the players, got them to sign off on the salary cap rollback, the Commish being in charge of player conduct matters on his own and to have the exempt list which he could do with at his sole discretion..... now De Smith advised Peterson to skip Fridays meeting......the players might want to fire Smith

EricTheViking
11-19-2014, 01:36 AM
I think this is the beginning of a long battle between the NFLPA and the NFL. Too bad our man is the one caught in the middle. I'm starting to believe you guys who talk about a Vikings curse are correct. It's an albatross hanging from our neck. . .

Mark_The_Viking
11-19-2014, 02:14 AM
It is my belief that Peterson will never suit up in purple again. Not only because the Wilfs are too much of cowards an liberal MN will force them to never let him see the field. More important I believe Peterson now believes the organization let him down and he's all about commitment and the Vikings have shown zero to him in all this.. I for one hope he comes back stronger than ever next season and he goes on with that team to win World Titles as well as break the rushing record for that team and go into the HOF in that teams uniform.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272607-vikings-upset-goodell-suspended-peterson-for-season

Seems it's not over in MN

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2014, 06:42 AM
OPPS BIG MAC is wrong again.This guy has zero football knowledge. He's a lib that wants Adrian sent to the electric chair

You're a tool

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2014, 06:51 AM

I hate saying this but In the end the Vikings did the right thing. They are running a business and they need sponsors to help run things. With them building a new stadium they can't really afford to lose more than they have. I want Peterson to play but sometimes you have to bite the bullet accept what's going on. I love the Vikings, I've been fan since 1988. I've seen good and I've seen crap so I've come to except the team getting dumped on. I love the team but i don't drink the purple koolaid and don't buy what SHOULD happen on paper. The game is played on the field and even good players choke when it matters....stop being a twat

C Mac D
11-19-2014, 09:13 AM
OPPS BIG MAC is wrong again.This guy has zero football knowledge. He's a lib that wants Adrian sent to the electric chairYou're a tool

It really goes without saying. The guy proves it with every post.

kingpin9995
11-19-2014, 09:49 AM
It really goes without saying. The guy proves it with every post.

Keep drinking the kool aid fool. ZIggy loves ignorant fans like you and you.

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2014, 11:07 AM
:rofl:

kingpin9995
11-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Go out and get your Ben Tate jersey.. I heard he took AP's number 28. Packers 72 Vikings 0.. This is one game I will probably watch... just for a good laugh . Maybe we will see some protesters outside screaming.... Hands up..... Please shoot us....

C Mac D
11-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Go out and get your Ben Tate jersey.. I heard he took AP's number 28. Packers 72 Vikings 0.. This is one game I will probably watch... just for a good laugh . Maybe we will see some protesters outside screaming.... Hands up..... Please shoot us....

This is one post of yours I actually agree with... but I think it will be closer to Packers 64, Vikings 0.

C Mac D
11-19-2014, 03:44 PM

Haha... I'm getting sh*t in one thread for not drinking the kool-aid... I'm getting sh*t in this thread for drinking the kool-aid...

I just can't win. Must be a Vikings fan.

tastywaves
11-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Haha... I'm getting sh*t in one thread for not drinking the kool-aid... I'm getting sh*t in this thread for drinking the kool-aid...

I just can't win. Must be a Vikings fan.

Might as well switch to purple drank and this will all make sense.

tarkenton10
11-20-2014, 07:29 AM
My question is this, why would a player go on the Commissioner exempt list after this? Why not just say no, get suspended and have time served when you are done with your incident. If AP had just said no and was suspended he probably would have been back by now. I know the suspension is indefinite (which should be illegal to me) but think his appeal will at least get a specified number of games.

BadlandsVikings
11-20-2014, 07:38 AM
My question is this, why would a player go on the Commissioner exempt list after this? Why not just say no, get suspended and have time served when you are done with your incident. If AP had just said no and was suspended he probably would have been back by now. I know the suspension is indefinite (which should be illegal to me) but think his appeal will at least get a specified number of games.

How long has the exempt list existed anyway? I don't remember hearing about it until this year

tarkenton10
11-20-2014, 07:55 AM
:D
How long has the exempt list existed anyway? I don't remember hearing about it until this year

Good question, I think you would have to be a fool to go on it after the way AP is being treated. He did the league a favor and went on it so they didn't have to go through all the trouble of suspensions and appeals and what did he get for it. The same ruling he would have gotten if he would have fought his suspension. Goodell is a big ignorant TOOL.

snowinapril
11-20-2014, 10:03 PM
:D

Good question, I think you would have to be a fool to go on it after the way AP is being treated. He did the league a favor and went on it so they didn't have to go through all the trouble of suspensions and appeals and what did he get for it. The same ruling he would have gotten if he would have fought his suspension. Goodell is a big ignorant TOOL.

If I was a player, I wouldn't go on that exempt list either.

We don't see any players speaking out against what happened to AP. There is no solidarity there. I think the players are afraid of speaking out. Heck the owners are now afraid to say something. They didn't even say they were disappointed.

It is unfortunate that AP doesn't get to work with Teddy and be part of him developing this year.

We won't even get to see AP in off season OTAs until after the draft.

vikinggreg
11-20-2014, 11:58 PM
If I was a player, I wouldn't go on that exempt list either.

We don't see any players speaking out against what happened to AP. There is no solidarity there. I think the players are afraid of speaking out. Heck the owners are now afraid to say something. They didn't even say they were disappointed.

It is unfortunate that AP doesn't get to work with Teddy and be part of him developing this year.

We won't even get to see AP in off season OTAs until after the draft.
Actually the player doesn't really have a choice

The league did the letter with Peterson to get him to go quietly and it was the Vikings choice to pay him, Vikes could of opted not to pay and if Peterson refuse he was still on it. The letter was a scam because the power to use the list is in the cba for the commish, union screwed up and should learn the finer details of what they signed, that is why the arbitrator tossed Peterson letter out.

"The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000396169/article/what-is-the-exempt-list

As for the OTAs, the rookies aren't at the OTAs either until they are drafted.....many teams didn't start their OTAs until April 21 or 22 last year Vikes were part of the few that began April 7th.

vikinggreg
11-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Goes back to last CBA

the exempt list is not described in the CBA but is instead contained in a less authoritative document: the NFL Player Personnel Policy Manual. It is not clear that the manual, which is not publicly available, was subject to collective bargaining with the NFLPA

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/18/adrian-peterson-suspension-roger-goodell-nflpa-appeal?page=2&devicetype=default

So its mentioned in the CBA, NFLPA signed off on the CBA but they may have missed that part?? or it was in a pile of stuff to read later or didn't think it was important enough as getting 1500 members their pay checks

RK.
11-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Adrian Peterson will have his appeal on his suspension heard in less than two weeks.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the suspended Vikings running back will have his case heard on Dec. 2, according to a source involved in the process.

Harold Henderson, a third-party arbitrator, will hear the appeal -- not Commissioner Roger Goodell, per Rapoport.

The NFL Players Association officially filed the appeal on Peterson's behalf Thursday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000431931/article/adrian-peterson-appeal-set-for-dec-2-with-thirdparty-arbitrator

This could be good news

mountainviking
11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
I think this is the beginning of a long battle between the NFLPA and the NFL. Too bad our man is the one caught in the middle. I'm starting to believe you guys who talk about a Vikings curse are correct. It's an albatross hanging from our neck. . .

I think that's where this is going too...the beginning of the battle just happens to be possibly our best player ever. And, ONLY because of the Ray Rice video. Much, Much, Much Worse has been quietly swept under the rug for years! Something needed to happen to change things, and it did, just sucks that Peterson happened to be the one with the target on his back after the Rice outrage got people digging for dirt.

People are making all sorts of assumptions and categorizing him as a monster out of control, but if they took even a second to actually think about the situation, he did not just lash out in random anger. He planned a deserved punishment for a child who had done wrong the way he was punished as a child. Yes, he went way overboard and likely does not know his own strength, but that does not compare at all with Hardy or Rice or Ray Lewis or Chris Cook!!!

And the Goodell-bot punishes the Vikings further by not giving Peterson a chance to return to grace until six weeks after Free Agency opens up and most teams have already made other plans. Ridiculous!

That is who is getting punished the most. Sucks that our rookie QB who was supposed to get a whole year as Cassell's backup is also without his team's best weapon. I have no doubt whatsoever that Peterson playing would make the passing game more open for Teddy by drawing more attention up front. I'd bet that AP on this team would add over 20 yards a game to our rushing average and around 4 or 5 points average per game...which would have been enough to win 2 or 3 more games already.

RK.
11-22-2014, 09:40 PM
On Friday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell appointed former NFL executive Harold Henderson to resolve the appeal filed by Vikings running back Adrian Peterson under the personal conduct policy.

The NFL Players Association does not believe that the action satisfies its request for a neutral third-party arbitrator.

“A long-time NFL Executive and current legal consultant cannot, by definition, be a neutral arbitrator,” the union said in a statement released to PFT.

The NFL appointed Henderson without addressing the union’s request for a neutral third-party arbitrator. The league previously appointed former U.S. Judge Barbara Jones to handle the appeal of Ray Rice’s indefinite suspension.

Judge Jones ultimately required Goodell to testify at the Rice appeal hearing, over the strenuous objection of the NFL. That ruling may or may not have influenced the NFL’s willingness to appoint a true outsider to handle Peterson’s case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/21/union-questions-harold-hendersons-neutrality/

Goodell is a total fucker.

tastywaves
11-23-2014, 11:50 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/21/union-questions-harold-hendersons-neutrality/

Goodell is a total fucker.

Unless he's just a puppet, I think he's a total dumb shit. Smarten up owners and take his power away now, before this spirals down any more.

snowinapril
11-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Unless he's just a puppet, I think he's a total dumb shit. Smarten up owners and take his power away now, before this spirals down any more.

As long as the NFL is making money the owners aren't going to care about this crap. He just tells them this will keep them from losing money. Owners nod......

RK.
11-23-2014, 04:16 PM
If it is about money then I will not be buying another thing with the NFL logo on it. I would rather buy a knock off than to support this ignoranus. <- see club house for definition.

BadlandsVikings
11-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Zimmer things Peterson will return

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11924147/coach-mike-zimmer-believes-adrian-peterson-wants-return-minnesota-vikings-reinstated

tastywaves
11-24-2014, 11:57 AM
As long as the NFL is making money the owners aren't going to care about this crap. He just tells them this will keep them from losing money. Owners nod......

I don't think Goodell's ruling on AD puts any more money in the owner's pockets. Most likely it is taking some away from them. People go to games to watch AD play whether at home or on the road. Guys like him don't come along very often. The majority of people that would boycott the NFL because of his actions, probably don't put much money into the NFL as it is. My opinion.

The bigger concern I would have if I was the owner's is in trusting a single person to make decisions on what the punishment should be for an individual. They brought this whole ball of shit on themselves. If they had a consistent policy that didn't require a single person to make judgements on a case by case basis, I think it would be better for all.

kingpin9995
11-24-2014, 12:20 PM
No way in hell is he ever suiting up for the Vikings again. The Wilfs made sure of that the second they caved to the special interest and a few sponsors and as they say GET IT RIGHT. At that very moment they took him back off the team his days were finished in Minny. Sad but true. He'll be a Cowboy next year as Murray will want huge money at the rate he's going and you know Jones wants Peterson badly. He's go a good three years in him playing at a very high level . AP did the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time. Godell is making him the posterboy for punishemnt in the NFL's new code of conduct. What a better way then to set your example with the best running back of the last decade. PECKERHEAD GERBELS GODELL..

This team with an improved defense had a chance to be in the playoff hunt even with Teddy Two Yards at the helm. Without Peterson they are an empty shell and they show it every game as they have not scored over 21 points in 7 straight weeks and most of their points come in prevent defense time when they are two scores down. Don't be fooled by Teddys numbers in the fourth. It mostly comes with around 8 minutes left and teams letting Teddy do what he does best.. Dunk it two yards.

tastywaves
11-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Murray is having a great year, but I find it hard to believe he will get a bigger contract than AD, even with all the baggage on AD currently. Murray's previous 3 years were not that special, including injury concerns.

He'll get a good contract, and very likely from Dallas.

If I was AD though, I would be licking my chops to play behind the OL in Dallas.

snowinapril
11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't think Goodell's ruling on AD puts any more money in the owner's pockets. Most likely it is taking some away from them. People go to games to watch AD play whether at home or on the road. Guys like him don't come along very often. The majority of people that would boycott the NFL because of his actions, probably don't put much money into the NFL as it is. My opinion.

The bigger concern I would have if I was the owner's is in trusting a single person to make decisions on what the punishment should be for an individual. They brought this whole ball of shit on themselves. If they had a consistent policy that didn't require a single person to make judgements on a case by case basis, I think it would be better for all.

It is about the Shield and the money a clean shield makes. JMHO

Your second point is valid for the Viking's ownership. I am sure they are feeling that way. The rest of the owners are just saying glad that wasn't my star player, he wouldn't get in that trouble. It is denial on their part. It becomes more relevant as more teams feel the pain over time.

snowinapril
11-24-2014, 08:09 PM
No way in hell is he ever suiting up for the Vikings again. The Wilfs made sure of that the second they caved to the special interest and a few sponsors and as they say GET IT RIGHT. At that very moment they took him back off the team his days were finished in Minny. Sad but true. He'll be a Cowboy next year as Murray will want huge money at the rate he's going and you know Jones wants Peterson badly. He's go a good three years in him playing at a very high level . AP did the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time. Godell is making him the posterboy for punishemnt in the NFL's new code of conduct. What a better way then to set your example with the best running back of the last decade. PECKERHEAD GERBELS GODELL..

This team with an improved defense had a chance to be in the playoff hunt even with Teddy Two Yards at the helm. Without Peterson they are an empty shell and they show it every game as they have not scored over 21 points in 7 straight weeks and most of their points come in prevent defense time when they are two scores down. Don't be fooled by Teddys numbers in the fourth. It mostly comes with around 8 minutes left and teams letting Teddy do what he does best.. Dunk it two yards.

You are wrong! JMHO!

thorshammer
11-27-2014, 11:24 AM
I still want him back. He made a mistake and admitted to it. He was raised differently than a lot of us but I for one am not going to sit in judgement on him. I would welcome his return and truly hope he remains a Viking.

kingpin9995
12-01-2014, 08:16 AM
He was railroaded by Godell. Just think, Ray Rice who KO'd his own wife is free to sign with any team he wants. Adrain with his misguided but still practiced switching in the south as well as corporal punishment still allowed in schools gets pretty much suspended for the entire season. I hope Peterson sues the NFL to death. I hear a report Troy Vincent who is one of Godells SS was audio taped promising Peterson reinstatement after his legal issues were over. I smell a BIG lawsuit coming. It's a shame that Peterson will never go in the HOF as a Viking after playing the majority of his playing time here. I hope he goes to Green Bay and kicks the living shit out of us over and over again. Oh that's right.. they as well as the rest of the North don't need Adrian to beat us like Adrian did his kid..

RK.
12-01-2014, 09:20 AM
At some point Adrian will get reinstated and be playing as a Viking. JMO

Tomorrow is the appeal hearing. Lets hope the NFL pulls its collective head out of its ass and does the right thing by putting this behind them.

kingpin9995
12-01-2014, 10:44 AM
I am willing to bet anything you want that AD never dons purple again. Tell me the difference from the first time the WIlfs caved and took AD off the field after reinstatiting him to the team because a few insignificant sponsors were going to walk? He never gets back on a Viking field again, that's for sure..

kingpin9995
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
The Wilfs let AP down and did not support him. He for that reason alone will never play for them again...

BadlandsVikings
12-02-2014, 10:16 AM
The Wilfs let AP down and did not support him. He for that reason alone will never play for them again...
try again. They did all they could do without losing more sponsors

snowinapril
12-02-2014, 11:49 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/284467101.html
Adrian Peterson's appeal of suspension being heard today in NYC

At the focal point of Peterson’s appeal is his belief that NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent told him if he went on the Commissioner’s Exempt List he would get credit for “time served,” plus a two-game suspension, ESPN reported. A transcript of that conversation, and a recording, are being presented today by the NFL Players Association, which is representing Peterson at the appeal.

I found that paragraph interesting. He was told that he was going to get credit for time served.

We will see? I don't think that the players should trust the commish at all or any of his minions.

snowinapril
12-02-2014, 11:55 AM
In hindsight, I think that the NFL should not allow people that are in the court system to be reprimanded until the court has decided. The court of law plays a part in the decision then the League imposes an additional penalty as needed and in a fair matter with precedents to help with the being fair.

As for Rice, that was conduct that was not in a court room. The NFL had to be judge and jury. Heck I bet his wife would have filed charges if he wasn't going to earn money and lose his job.

AP was judged by the court of public opinion and the NFL let it happen.

tarkenton10
12-02-2014, 12:07 PM
In hindsight, I think that the NFL should not allow people that are in the court system to be reprimanded until the court has decided. The court of law plays a part in the decision then the League imposes an additional penalty as needed and in a fair matter with precedents to help with the being fair.

As for Rice, that was conduct that was not in a court room. The NFL had to be judge and jury. Heck I bet his wife would have filed charges if he wasn't going to earn money and lose his job.

AP was judged by the court of public opinion and the NFL let it happen.

I said that when the incident first happened and CmacD thought I was insane. CmacD, to paraphrase, said that common sense should be enough.

kingpin9995
12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
I said that when the incident first happened and CmacD thought I was insane. CmacD, to paraphrase, said that common sense should be enough.

Wrong.. the Minnesota Vikings brass let it happen. They had the power to reinstate Peterson and they did. Within hours they caved and gave us the WE HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT bullshit line. They shoud have stuck to their guns and let him play and decide after his court business was over then let the suspension take place or whatever. Instead they stole an entire season from the fans in the name of a few sponsors. Puzzies.. That's what you get in lib Minny though. You have goofs like Franken telling us whats good for us. The same guy that used to be on tv in a diaper acting like a moron for a few laughs... Oh I forgot about Jesse the Body Ventura...

kingpin9995
12-02-2014, 12:22 PM
With their wimpiness they stole the best running back and one of the best Viking players in history away from us never to see him in purple again. They took away any chance of success this season all in the name of MONEY... They took away the chance to see AP go for rushing titles in the new stadium a few years down the line. They took away any chance of AP going into the HOF in a Vikings jersey. Thanks ZIGGY... YOU LAND DEVELOPING KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUILDING AN NFL FRANCHISE, MONEY GRUBBING, CRIMINAL.. Ah I feel better now...

BadlandsVikings
12-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Wrong.. the Minnesota Vikings brass let it happen. They had the power to reinstate Peterson and they did. Within hours they caved and gave us the WE HAVE TO GET THIS RIGHT bullshit line. They shoud have stuck to their guns and let him play and decide after his court business was over then let the suspension take place or whatever. Instead they stole an entire season from the fans in the name of a few sponsors. Puzzies.. That's what you get in lib Minny though. You have goofs like Franken telling us whats good for us. The same guy that used to be on tv in a diaper acting like a moron for a few laughs... Oh I forgot about Jesse the Body Ventura...

I'm not sure what a puzzie is but your are wrong again. They should never have reinstated him

RK.
12-02-2014, 12:23 PM

She wasn't his wife at the time. They got married later. I don't think she was just a gold digger. She could have sued him for millions then if she wanted just money. Relationships are a hard thing to judge based on a 10 second utube vid. The real problem is the NFL thinking they are the morality enforcer. We have a court system for that in this country. The parental attitude of the NFL towards players is a big problem. The NFL should run the NFL business. The teams should decide whether to hire players or fire players for conduct. The courts should take care of criminal activity. JMO

BadlandsVikings
12-02-2014, 12:25 PM
With their wimpiness they stole the best running back and one of the best Viking players in history away from us never to see him in purple again. They took away any chance of success this season all in the name of MONEY... They took away the chance to see AP go for rushing titles in the new stadium a few years down the line. They took away any chance of AP going into the HOF in a Vikings jersey. Thanks ZIGGY... YOU LAND DEVELOPING KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUILDING AN NFL FRANCHISE, MONEY GRUBBING, CRIMINAL.. Ah I feel better now...

It's too soon to call him the greatest. The greatest vikings are the ones that bud grant took to 4 superbowls

C Mac D
12-02-2014, 12:36 PM

Well, frankly, it wasn't just the court of common opinion... Peterson admitted to using a switch, so it wasn't guilty until proven innocent. Peterson admitted doing it before the trial even started but didn't agree with the severity of the charges.

The outrage was mostly from the photos, which were rather brutal for it being a 4 year old child... so, yes, common sense should be enough.

The NFL is a private (non-profit) corporation and can punish players/employees if they feel the evidence suffices. Whether or not you agree with that is largely irrelevant.

Using your logic, Aaron Hernandez should still be on the field.

tastywaves
12-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Well, frankly, it wasn't just the court of common opinion... Peterson admitted to using a switch, so it wasn't guilty until proven innocent. Peterson admitted doing it before the trial even started but didn't agree with the severity of the charges.

The outrage was mostly from the photos, which were rather brutal for it being a 4 year old child... so, yes, common sense should be enough.

The NFL is a private (non-profit) corporation and can punish players/employees if they feel the evidence suffices. Whether or not you agree with that is largely irrelevant.

You bring up a very interesting point (at least to me). The NFL offices are indeed a nonprofit organization. Not the individual teams or things like the NFL Network. But the league offices themselves are considered non profit. This is done to avoid paying taxes.

Now, in order to be classified as a nonprofit, your supposed to fit a number of qualifiers, all which are very suspect with the NFL. Nonprofits are not supposed to benefit an individual, but rather a group of people with a similar classification. Roger Goodell earning $40+M is clearly benefiting from this organization. Nonprofits are also supposed to exist to help people. Charities, trade associations, etc. The NFL might do some of this with charity work, but they are clearly not focused on helping people (oustide of the NFL) as their primary mission. They exist mostly to help generate income for the 32 businesses operating in the NFL.

So go back to the whole punishment thing by the NFL. If they truly were operating as a nonprofit with a charter to help people, you could argue that they are trying to better society by enforcing a strong moral code. Problem is that this is both pretentious as well as misplaced as we already have a court system setup to handle those issues. Now if they used their money to setup a series of charities that truly did help people out, they would have a better claim to their tax exempt status.

In the end it is an abuse of power, that boils down to the simple fact that people with money make their own rules. It's good the be the king.

Also, it should be pointed out that the players are employers of regular for profit companies that agreed through collective bargaining with the owner's to allow another entity to decide what is fair and acceptable punishment. The individual team's also have the right to act on its own behalf regardless of the NFL office, providing they don't violate the CBA.

The owner's fell into the trap that this approach would help protect the shield. The major flaw in this approach IMO, is that one person cannot possibly have the ability to judge by himself what is fair and just. A policy should be used to protect all parties. If the policy has holes, fix the policy, but not in the middle of an incarceration. It has to be done in the offseason. Don't allow public outcry to make you reactionary as you will most likely spiral down a path that is very hard to climb out of....Right Roger?

In the past, the NFL swept these issues under the table on a frequent basis. But now that the public has discovered that the NFL can punish people at will, the pitchforks have been sharpened and the marches will never end. Never underestimate the bloodlust of the righteous.

jargomcfargo
12-02-2014, 03:30 PM
You bring up a very interesting point (at least to me). The NFL offices are indeed a nonprofit organization. Not the individual teams or things like the NFL Network. But the league offices themselves are considered non profit. This is done to avoid paying taxes.

Now, in order to be classified as a nonprofit, your supposed to fit a number of qualifiers, all which are very suspect with the NFL. Nonprofits are not supposed to benefit an individual, but rather a group of people with a similar classification. Roger Goodell earning $40+M is clearly benefiting from this organization. Nonprofits are also supposed to exist to help people. Charities, trade associations, etc. The NFL might do some of this with charity work, but they are clearly not focused on helping people (oustide of the NFL) as their primary mission. They exist mostly to help generate income for the 32 businesses operating in the NFL.

So go back to the whole punishment thing by the NFL. If they truly were operating as a nonprofit with a charter to help people, you could argue that they are trying to better society by enforcing a strong moral code. Problem is that this is both pretentious as well as misplaced as we already have a court system setup to handle those issues. Now if they used their money to setup a series of charities that truly did help people out, they would have a better claim to their tax exempt status.

In the end it is an abuse of power, that boils down to the simple fact that people with money make their own rules. It's good the be the king.

Also, it should be pointed out that the players are employers of regular for profit companies that agreed through collective bargaining with the owner's to allow another entity to decide what is fair and acceptable punishment. The individual team's also have the right to act on its own behalf regardless of the NFL office, providing they don't violate the CBA.

The owner's fell into the trap that this approach would help protect the shield. The major flaw in this approach IMO, is that one person cannot possibly have the ability to judge by himself what is fair and just. A policy should be used to protect all parties. If the policy has holes, fix the policy, but not in the middle of an incarceration. It has to be done in the offseason. Don't allow public outcry to make you reactionary as you will most likely spiral down a path that is very hard to climb out of....Right Roger?

In the past, the NFL swept these issues under the table on a frequent basis. But now that the public has discovered that the NFL can punish people at will, the pitchforks have been sharpened and the marches will never end. Never underestimate the bloodlust of the righteous.

Do you think the following quote has been forgotten by the league ?

"It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money," Peterson continued. "The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money."

C Mac D
12-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Happens outside of the NFL too... CEO kicks a dog and loses his job (http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/02/centerplate-changeorg-petition-social-media-animal-abuse/14967819/). He wasn't charged with anything, but public outrage (due to common sense and overwhelming evidence) forced him to lose his job.

Sure, we're upset because Peterson was the best player on our favorite team... but that doesn't mean special exceptions should be made for star athletes.

VikingMike
12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Happens outside of the NFL too... CEO kicks a dog and loses his job (http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/02/centerplate-changeorg-petition-social-media-animal-abuse/14967819/). He wasn't charged with anything, but public outrage (due to common sense and overwhelming evidence) forced him to lose his job.

Sure, we're upset because Peterson was the best player on our favorite team... but that doesn't mean special exceptions should be made for star athletes.

No, only those who play on our team. :)

jargomcfargo
12-02-2014, 08:06 PM

True. But reality in the NFL has been far different. We need not look further than the Vikings organization, to see a scrub get cut for a DUI, yet someone like Cook gets paid and kept on the roster.
Special exceptions, for star players, have always been the norm in the NFL. The NFL was never going to police itself. Look at the 2 game suspension for Rice. If change comes, it will come from the sponsors.The NFL is about money. If they did more to help those young men who sacrifice their bodies and brains, for the owners to make outrageous fortunes, they would have more credibility with me. Not much difference between NFL owners and politicians as I see it. The wealthy have their own set of rules and little to no risk.
The NFL is for morality as long as it doesn't interfere with the bottom line.
If they uphold the Peterson suspension, it will be an historic change, precipitated by public opinion and sponsor dollars.
It will be interesting to see which way it goes.

snowinapril
12-03-2014, 02:00 AM
She wasn't his wife at the time. They got married later. I don't think she was just a gold digger. She could have sued him for millions then if she wanted just money. Relationships are a hard thing to judge based on a 10 second utube vid. The real problem is the NFL thinking they are the morality enforcer. We have a court system for that in this country. The parental attitude of the NFL towards players is a big problem. The NFL should run the NFL business. The teams should decide whether to hire players or fire players for conduct. The courts should take care of criminal activity. JMO

I meant if there was a standard to let it go through criminal/court proceedings, she would have filed charges so he could still play and they would both reap the benefits. I was talking about if the NFL had a precedent for allowing the court to do its job. They were only in the court of public opinion and the NFL had to do its own policing.

digital420
12-03-2014, 04:12 AM
I meant if there was a standard to let it go through criminal/court proceedings, she would have filed charges so he could still play and they would both reap the benefits. I was talking about if the NFL had a precedent for allowing the court to do its job. They were only in the court of public opinion and the NFL had to do its own policing.

this is the key point. and one i think is a 2 sided broadsword..

on one side it's good to see that some issues taken very seriously by the public are also being taken serious by the nfl. ie domestic abuse, criminal records (dui, violent outbursts, hitting meter maids with yer car.. etc.). this is a step forward compared to the past where it woulda been brushed under and teams would bench a guy, maybe for a qtr, or half. in a way these results are because of public backlash.

the other side. and this is still mho but, AP did as he was raised, punishment on our kids (as a parent this is something constantly discussed in my house) has changed dramaticly in the last 40 years. the way i was punished is different to how i punish my daughter. am i smarter then AP? maybe it was the psychology classes i took in uni, or the hours of reading on child psychology my wife and i did to figure out the best way. who knows. but it's still something that's evolving. does this mean AP is the only person that does this kind of punishent? no. are there worse cases? yes. is public opionin on this issue changing. very much so yes!

so now the NFL is becoming a new standards keeper? who defines those standards? only goodtell? and are they written for transperency? this is going to continue.. it won't just be AP.. and to me it seems that things will get muddier and messed with until either all Pro sports adapt some kind of public response, or standard for non criminal but largely outside the public view of decent. which.. as we see by our politicians and the history of people in power.. will never happen.

DiGiTaL

Mark_The_Viking
12-03-2014, 07:14 AM
I think what has to happen here and I'm trying not to be a homer here, is that Peterson has more than one angle to his life. I see a lot of stories and videos about what he does in the community both in MN and TX.
I understand the players have rallied around him and stated that this is not who Adrian is. I got walloped with a bamboo bean stick when I was a kid so I can understand his mind set. To my knowledge he has no history of issues either within the NFL or in public life (I don't agree with his MJ smoking).

What I am trying to say is they should look at him through a 360 degree lens not a single child beater lens. I believe AP will spend a lot of his free time putting this as right as he can because he wants to not because someone says he should.

As for leaving the Vikings I sincerely and genuinely hope he spends his whole career here

tarkenton10
12-03-2014, 07:47 AM

No, he is in jail and going to be on trial for 1st degree murder. There are felony charges and there are misdemeanor charges.

C Mac D
12-03-2014, 09:13 AM
No, he is in jail and going to be on trial for 1st degree murder. There are felony charges and there are misdemeanor charges.

Exactly... he is going to trial. The comment below is what you agreed with.

The court hasn't made a ruling on Hernandez, thus, using your logic he should still be on the field.

As you pointed out, this is not the way it should work and the NFL should be able to reprimand players if there is sufficient evidence, even if the court hasn't reached a verdict.

I rest my case.

tarkenton10
12-03-2014, 09:48 AM

The court hasn't made a ruling on Hernandez, thus, using your logic he should still be on the field.

As you pointed out, this is not the way it should work and the NFL should be able to reprimand players if there is sufficient evidence, even if the court hasn't reached a verdict.

I rest my case.

You lose then, How can he be on the field if he is in jail? We don't have to WORRY about Hernandez he can't play. Maybe you want to try a hypothetical to prove your point because right now I won!!:punch:

BadlandsVikings
12-03-2014, 10:06 AM
You lose then, How can he be on the field if he is in jail?

nfl players should be allowed work release

tarkenton10
12-03-2014, 10:58 AM
nfl players should be allowed work release

Only Vikings players!!

Minniman
12-03-2014, 12:07 PM
There are also felony charges and misdemeanor plea deals, but yes, Aaron Hernandez has been charged for a much worse crime.

I wonder if Peterson would have been better of going to court or not.

C Mac D
12-03-2014, 12:41 PM
You lose then, How can he be on the field if he is in jail? We don't have to WORRY about Hernandez he can't play. Maybe you want to try a hypothetical to prove your point because right now I won!!:punch:

Hmm... except that wasn't your original point, you said the NFL shouldn't punish someone until they had their day in court. The NFL has already suspended Hernandez indefinitely even though he hasn't had a trial yet.

Realize he's in jail, but I'm simply using this example to outline the absurdity of your opinion. You're sorta changing the variables by saying "Yeah... but he's already in jail..." or "It's a misdemeanor vs a felony..." however that's not what the original point was. Your point was the NFL shouldn't punish someone until they've had their day in court. That is flat-out wrong.

C Mac D
12-03-2014, 12:55 PM
There are also felony charges and misdemeanor plea deals, but yes, Aaron Hernandez has been charged for a much worse crime.

I wonder if Peterson would have been better of going to court or not.

Actually, Peterson's charges were a felony... people seem to forget that

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/minnesota-vikings-rb-adrian-peterson-indicted-on-child-abuse-charges/2014/09/12/2adf5c02-3adb-11e4-8601-97ba88884ffd_story.html

Minniman
12-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Actually, Peterson's charges were a felony... people seem to forget that
I believe I indicated that in my post.

tarkenton10
12-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Hmm... except that wasn't your original point, you said the NFL shouldn't punish someone until they had their day in court. The NFL has already suspended Hernandez indefinitely even though he hasn't had a trial yet.

Realize he's in jail, but I'm simply using this example to outline the absurdity of your opinion. You're sorta changing the variables by saying "Yeah... but he's already in jail..." or "It's a misdemeanor vs a felony..." however that's not what the original point was. Your point was the NFL shouldn't punish someone until they've had their day in court. That is flat-out wrong.

So you should punish someone before they are convicted?

C Mac D
12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
So you should punish someone before they are convicted?

I've already answered this in a previous post(s):

And...

You've already agreed with my opinion by saying Aaron Hernandez should not be playing in the NFL... so there's no point in dragging this out any further.

snowinapril
12-03-2014, 08:38 PM
I rest my case.

He is in Jail, that says a lot. That is part of his due process..... I guess. Tough to play a game from behind bars.

He was also released by the Pats near instantaneously. Nobody is going to sign the guy if he is in jail.

The NFL is turning into a joke. They can't even set their own precedents to follow. They keep getting more stringent day by day.

Believe what you want. I am happy that you are happy with the way they are handling "the brand."

I have been increasingly tired of the NFL and the credibility (or lack there of) of the commissioner.

snowinapril
12-03-2014, 10:19 PM
The NFL looks like they only care about inflicting punishment once it is judged by public opinion. They fail to use previous precedents from their previous decisions. The incident happened in May and it wasn't until after the AP was going to be allowed to play by the Vikings that they all had an all day long meeting to decide how to proceed. Sponsors had already threatened to pull out and there were outcries from a minority of the public. The Wilf's were concerned and the NFL was concerned and they offered up the Exempt list. Vincent with the NFL tells the Vikings and AP's representation that AP will get credit for time served on the exempt list.

AP has been doing counseling and working with the Office of Child Protection in Texas.

He plea bargains for a misdemeanor.

The NFL says that he is suspended until April for not showing more remorse about the incident.

What was the suspension based on, where is the precedent for that decision, and is this adhering to the CBA? The suspension was based on lack of remorse?

The problem I have is it still looks like they care more about the public outrage than the act itself.

In the Peterson case, they did wait until AP appeared in front of the court the first time to see if they were going to prosecute. Once they did, that is when they offered the exempt list. AP plea bargained and the NFL thinks they need to impose an additional amount of time above and beyond 11 week off the field.

IF they just listed offenses and the punishment in the CBA and followed it, then that would be fair. Each incident comes with more severe punishment and a third strike is an out, this would be cut and dry. It would also be in a union contract and the players union would not be able to dispute it either. What the NFL is doing now is going to be open for scrutiny?

I am not arguing that Peterson didn't deserve to have time off of work, but was this a fair practice for the incident. It is easier for the league to impose punishment fairly if they have more information from the legal proceedings or follow past precedents.

I know from past precedent at my job that a DUI will be a loss of my job. It is in my best interest to never get a DUI. The union can not help me. It is the same thing every time. You get caught drinking and driving you are fired.

tarkenton10
12-04-2014, 07:35 AM
I've already answered this in a previous post(s):

And...

You've already agreed with my opinion by saying Aaron Hernandez should not be playing in the NFL... so there's no point in dragging this out any further.

I said he should not be playing because of the severe charges and the fact that he is in jail (The justice system worked they way it should in these cases). We can do this all day, kinda like the chicken or the egg. If he had been out on bail then he would have been able to play but that means his apparent crimes were much less. The justice system basically took care of the situation, that is the point I have been trying to make all this time.

RK.
12-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, some of the transcript of Troy Vincent's testimony at the Adrian Peterson appeal hearing has been released and. . .well, if this is accurate, it appears as though Vincent may have screwed up in a pretty significant way.

From the article on Bloomberg Sports:

"So remember this, A.P., you're not, today, you are not subject to the, to the new Personal Conduct Policy," Vincent told Peterson during a telephone conversation, according to the transcript of the hearing. A copy of the transcript was obtained by Bloomberg News. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an e-mail that Vincent would not comment.

. . .

Jeffrey Kessler, an attorney for Peterson, asked Vincent: "My question is you were telling him he was not subject to the new Personal Conduct Policy; is that right?"

Vincent responded yes. Asked how he knew, Vincent said, "I was just taking that based off when his crime was committed."

Said Kessler: "Your understanding as the Executive Vice President of the National Football League, in your position, was that the new Personal Conduct Policy would only apply going forward, correct, not the past behavior?"

"Correct," Vincent testified before arbitrator Harold Henderson, who spent 16 years at the NFL overseeing player and labor relations.

"And that is what you were conveying to Adrian?" asked Kessler.

"Yes," Vincent said.

The article later says that Vincent testified that he was not responsible for interpreting the Personal Conduct Policy for the league. . .which sort of begs the question of why he was telling Peterson these things in the first place.

It appears to be just another thing that points to the National Football League making things up on the fly in regards to this case. As far as I can tell. . .from the outside, mind you. . .it appears that Vincent told Peterson that he wouldn't be subject to the league's new Personal Conduct Policy in the hopes that Peterson would take some sort of deal to resolve his legal case, which would allow Roger Goodell and the National Football League to drop the hammer on Peterson and attempt to make an example of him after screwing up the Ray Rice case so badly.

That may be an overly cynical view of the matter, but honestly. . .at this point, what reason as the National Football League given anyone to take any other view?

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/12/8/7355823/adrian-peterson-appeal-part-of-vincents-testimony-released

tastywaves
12-09-2014, 12:00 PM
The fact that the arbitrator hasn't ruled yet is in itself a big issue. The NFL is really going down a bad slope on this whole discipline thing and the sooner they realize they are ill-equipped to determine penalties on their own the better.

BTW: Goodell is 0 for 2 on the last two arbitrators (which happened to actually be neutral). This one is clearly biased to the NFL, so if he overrules Goodell he is going to look like even more of a clown. I suspect this is what is happening and why Harry is taking so long. He knows he should overrule, but the pressure is no doubt there to follow Goodell.

snowinapril
12-11-2014, 08:04 AM
They don't want him suiting up this week for sure. Wait until the end of the week or even mid next week before making a ruling. The arbitrator should be able to make a decision with the info he has (short bus arbitrator). But if he is waiting for the NFL and NFLPA to work something out that would explain the delay. The NFL probably was waiting for the meeting to be over so the commish could come out like he did yesterday and say the equivalent to tough on crime. Yep, the conduct policy is going to be harsh so don't attach yourself to an ASSHAT player.

I think that the new policy is good, it will help players hold themselves accountable knowing that they will lose there chance to play if "X" action occurs. If it will help from individualizing punishment in the future, that would be helpful in keeping things like this political game with AP and Rice from happening again.

With that said, people can change. With that said, in the new NFL, that change will have to happen sooner for people that have problems.

Peterson has gotten JOBBED by public opinion and the commish! They want to send a message that the top player can be held accountable also. The some of the public will be upset for one week and they will forget.

RK.
12-11-2014, 10:10 AM
The new PCP....that would be personal conduct policy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441758/article/nfl-owners-endorse-new-personal-conduct-policy

tastywaves
12-11-2014, 04:34 PM
The new PCP....that would be personal conduct policy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441758/article/nfl-owners-endorse-new-personal-conduct-policy

Like how it was done in a vacuum with no NFLPA input and then just released to the them and the public at the same time.

Clearly showing that they really don't care about the players' in any way except one...generating money. AD may have been on to something with his slavery comments. More like prostitution though.

jargomcfargo
12-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Appeal denied.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2014/12/12/adrian-peterson-appeal-denied-suspension-upheld/20321311/

Purple Jesus 84
12-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Ridiculous as shit. Sure, his crime wasn't pretty, but his intentions were not bad....

But the way this has all gone down... Just wow!
AD has been screwed hard by the shitty Goodell and his clown squad.

I hope Goodell is fired real soon.

digital420
12-13-2014, 04:55 AM
everything about this has seemed just odd.. from the media writing headlines about child abuse, to the overly amped up news watching minion all of a sudden becoming anti spanking.

i don't condone punishment to children with a switch. i know parents who do. it's not my place to tell someone else how to raise their child best. he went overboard, his reasons? maybe were for the best, maybe was just over zealous? it's not like he overhanded him upside the melon in an elevator.

this case was blown up and over used by the media, it got the nfl circus clowns to do the dance, and now AP is paying the price. I woulda like to seen him able to join the team, just not be activated. this woulda got him in with the current group. push them, and begin his super workout for the 15 and16 seasons and trade him to dallas after we win the SB.

but now he's a hot potato seems no1 wants to touch. cept viking fans
DiGiTaL

RK.
12-13-2014, 09:56 AM
At this point I really hate the NFL organization. I hope the NFLPA sues the crap out of them for their sham appeal process and pushing a conduct policy down the throats of the players with no input from the union. If it keeps going with this dictatorial process the owners are setting themselves up for another strike IMO.

thorshammer
12-13-2014, 11:40 AM
AD made a mistake .... who hasn't. This whole thing is a bit ridiculous at this point. I am disgusted with the NFL and media.

VikesfaninWis
12-13-2014, 11:42 AM
I will never support or codone a guy or girl who beats their kids. I must say that the NFL makes up shit as they go along. Roger Goodell is a black mark on this league, and since he has taken over he has made pro football a pussy sport.

I was just watching a Football Life on Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers, and I saw at least 12-15 plays that Butkus made that were never flagged, that would not only be a flag in today's NFL, but possibly a player ejection. People who play football know that it's a physical sport and anytime they take the field, it could be their last time taking the field. The NFL is just making this a broken down version of what the sport used to be back when it was fun to watch.

Long story short, Players who have done worse missed less time than Peterson has. Ray Rice was clearly on video knocking his wife the fuck out, and he was reinstated this year. Not sure exactly Josh Brent and Donte Stallworth missed for killing people, but I don't believe it equalled to the amount of time that Peterson will miss. It's not a fair process, it goes player by player, and it's bullshit. They need a third party arbitrator that has no ties to the NFL in any capacity, and let them rule on every case. The NFL is a joke, and it's getting to the point for me, that I am done watching it.

snowinapril
12-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Ridiculous as shit. Sure, his crime wasn't pretty, but his intentions were not bad....

But the way this has all gone down... Just wow!
AD has been screwed hard by the shitty Goodell and his clown squad.

I hope Goodell is fired real soon.

He won't be fired, worst case scenario he claims to be moving on and slowly quits. The owners just voted on the PCP that he put together.

Even if AD takes legal action, he can't get back the time lost on the field. He might be able to get the 4.1 million that he lost due to the continued suspension, mayby IDK. His team has to take it to Fed Court?? Even if the NFL had to pony up a $$ amount they would see it as worth the money spent to not let AD back on the field and risk the negative spin. Next season they see themselves better equipped to spin it the way they want for better publicity. They can say they tried and tried to enact punishment. I don't think there is anyway for a court date to take place before the end of the season so why bother to put much thought into this. AD may want to fight this for the rest of the players. But with the new PCP and applying that fairly in the future, the court outcome probably wouldn't be much of a precedent.

The NFL continually shits the bed now-a-days. I am totally unenamored with the NFL.

F*CK!!!!

snowinapril
12-13-2014, 03:19 PM
At this point I really hate the NFL organization. I hope the NFLPA sues the crap out of them for their sham appeal process and pushing a conduct policy down the throats of the players with no input from the union. If it keeps going with this dictatorial process the owners are setting themselves up for another strike IMO.

Do you want to bring home paychecks or do you want to strike?

The elite types have been on a terror trying to hand it to unions the past 4-6 years IMHO. This is just an extension in perception and trend. I just sat on out union negotiations for a contract, we had done really well the past 2 contract = 6 years and it was time for the employer to take back a little. The pendulum swings!

A strike sets our team back. It takes another year off of AP's career. I was hoping that his super human like traits would allow him to go after E. Smith's record but this whole year takes 1200-1500 off that total. F*CK!!!!

If I was the leadership of the NFLPA, I would be talking strike. The crap that is put on the field in a strike year SUCKS! I will not purchase the NFL Ticket for that crap.

snowinapril
12-13-2014, 03:22 PM
I have been getting into the NHL more this season. I will be happy to watch that in a strike year.

Go Wild!

snowinapril
12-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Plus the report says that he starts the suspension now, so he is out 3 games next season also.

WTF!

I hope he wins in Federal court. Go AP!!!!

Traveling_Vike
12-13-2014, 03:55 PM
This is all such a crock. They are acting as if the 11 weeks spent on the exempt list didn't even happen. The team had to be without AP's services during that time, even though they continued to pay him. The fans were not allowed to watch him play. How will that loss be recompensed?

At this point, I hope that AP does retire. Letting him go to play anywhere else would be hypocritical of the team. All I can say on that is that they had better come to his defense and show some loyalty to the guy who has meant so much to them. If anyone else could hire and play him, then the Vikings should be able to as well.

The punishment, when taken in total, far exceeds the crime. I might even go so far as to call it cruel and unusual to not make any concession whatever toward the "time served" that AP was promised, in writing.

This could have been handled so much better, by the league simply requiring AP to pay back six week's worth of pay that he received from the team during the exemption listing, and then immediately reinstating him once he had done so. What's going on now is simply adding insult to injury.

Tad7
12-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Hey now...we don't have to pretend regular season hockey is good just because we're mad at Roger Goodell. That's barbaric.

digital420
12-13-2014, 05:52 PM
I have been getting into the NHL more this season. I will be happy to watch that in a strike year.

Go Wild!

i stay up more often for wild games. usually though it's just getting up really early. every !#$%!$ nite game is around 4 am. the late games are @ least 6 am.

i don't think owners will allow a strike year.. they'll cave on goodwell before that.
if they don't.

just in time for the wild to be contenders :think:

DiGiTaL

snowinapril
12-14-2014, 02:02 PM
This is all such a crock. They are acting as if the 11 weeks spent on the exempt list didn't even happen. The team had to be without AP's services during that time, even though they continued to pay him. The fans were not allowed to watch him play. How will that loss be recompensed?

At this point, I hope that AP does retire. Letting him go to play anywhere else would be hypocritical of the team. All I can say on that is that they had better come to his defense and show some loyalty to the guy who has meant so much to them. If anyone else could hire and play him, then the Vikings should be able to as well.

The punishment, when taken in total, far exceeds the crime. I might even go so far as to call it cruel and unusual to not make any concession whatever toward the "time served" that AP was promised, in writing.

This could have been handled so much better, by the league simply requiring AP to pay back six week's worth of pay that he received from the team during the exemption listing, and then immediately reinstating him once he had done so. What's going on now is simply adding insult to injury.

The Vikings paid him when they didn't have to. To me that is support. Put your money where your mouth is. His teammates have shown him support through the media. Nothing the Wilf's could say in the media would help the situation. It is a game of politics. If they don't have some other owners on their side then they are going to be offending the commissioner. Without the support of the commissioner, they are open for sponsors backlash. There is no good way to do this until the NFL lets AP play again.

What I am hoping for, the best justice at this point is if the NFL loses the federal case and would have to pay back the damages. That will never happen but I could only wish. The Vikings paid for something they will not get production for. AP got paid, he can't complain about that. but he can't get back that lost playing time and the stats. The current team can't get back the opportunity to gel and bring along the production of TB.

The Vikings have a decision to make, do we now pay him a bonus. If it was any other player they would be talking to his agent and asking for some of that money back. If it was not the franchise player, they may have just let him go like the Ravens did with Rice. You know the Vikings still want to AP because they did pay him or they want to be able to get something out of him in a trade. If he is not under contract, we are out all that money and nothing to show for it.

AP should be more appreciative of the Vikings for paying him. NOTHING they could have said publicly would have helped. The NFL was NOT GOING TO LET HIM PLAY THIS SEASON! With that said, not showing up for that meeting with the Commish could be a fuck you to the Vikings. It wasn't intentional but management could be upset about that. I hope both AP and the Wilf's realize that they were both screwed over by the NFL because of there new PR campaign "tough on crime." The crime is defined as how bad you tarnish the shield not the actual act itself. Not saying the act wasn't bad, just saying the NFL views it as how bad it hurts their image.

The new PCP will be harsh but hopefully take the interpretation out of it. The player will know that for getting home past your curfew or using dad's car without permission will be the same punishment, grounded for 6 weeks without allowance.

snowinapril
12-14-2014, 02:32 PM
I have to go here, sorry.

The NFL wants this to be about the act of hurting your kid.

I do believe that what AP did was unnecessary and it is something that I would not do to my kid. Then again, it is not something that was done to me and it wasn't a learned situation. I have changed oil with my father and then on my own but I have never changed an engine nobody taught me that.

The act that Ray Rice did was spontaneous to some extent and is part of his make up. Maybe he also was taught that it was OK or has witnessed that at some point. I believe that Rice knows what his fist is capable of and that is totally a choice. Maybe he didn't intend to knock his fiancee out maybe he just let his temper get to him. If he would have pushed her the out come may have been a sprained ankle, bump on the head from a fall, maybe some bruising. He could have walked away or chose words instead of something that was extremely violent.

Once again, I am not condoning what AP did but trying to make a point that the intent to hurt his child was not there. So AP sees his kid do something that he thought needed discipline. He didn't haul of and beat his kid to the point of knocking him out or severely damaging him with a whooping. He didn't have a switch in his back pocket. He thought about it, he processed how he was taught a lesson. He walked over to a tree broke off a branch for a switch. He more than likely talked this through with the kid, removed from the incident for the time it takes to get a switch. This is what you did wrong, now this is the punishment with an object that is supposed to give separation from dad's hand to an object that can be the negative in this situation. Instead of "watch out dad is going to beat the crap out of you" it is "watch out or you will get the switch." No matter how bad the switch idea was the time removed and the attempt to teach through a punishment were there.

The last thing I will say is I believe that AP now knows there are better ways. He didn't take into consideration that he is a powerful human being with a switch/weapon in his hand. I don't believe that AP does it again. I think if the Child Protection Services would have been the only involvement he still would have learned his lesson. If he has any remorse at all, he would have chosen not to do it again knowing that he can actually hurt his kids. My guess is he did it before without severely hurting his other children.

Well, here is to next season. I think that in the long run, TB matured faster in this scenario. The tendency would have been to hand the ball off and let the QB mature slower. When AP gets back next season, TB will see that it is easier. I hope!

EricTheViking
12-14-2014, 02:49 PM
This isn't a battle anymore it has turned into an all out war. Peterson seems completely jaded and is talking about retiring altogether in order to pursue Real Estate or attempt to sprint in the Olympics. WTF?? He said he isn't sure he wants to be associated with an NFL that "handles the players the way they do."
http://nesn.com/2014/12/adrian-peterson-ive-considered-retiring-from-nfl-running-in-olympics/

raptorman
12-15-2014, 12:33 AM
On Monday, in an exclusive report from ABC News on Good Morning America, audio recordings will be heard between Peterson and NFL executive Troy Vincent. http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3649430.shtml

tarkenton10
12-15-2014, 12:05 PM
This isn't a battle anymore it has turned into an all out war. Peterson seems completely jaded and is talking about retiring altogether in order to pursue Real Estate or attempt to sprint in the Olympics. WTF?? He said he isn't sure he wants to be associated with an NFL that "handles the players the way they do."
http://nesn.com/2014/12/adrian-peterson-ive-considered-retiring-from-nfl-running-in-olympics/

That is a sign of a quitter, if he doesn't like the NFL then maybe he should come back rush for 2,200 yds and then tell Goodell what he can do with his MVP trophy.

C Mac D
12-15-2014, 12:46 PM
That is a sign of a quitter, if he doesn't like the NFL then maybe he should come back rush for 2,200 yds and then tell Goodell what he can do with his MVP trophy.

Damn, that would be badass.

raptorman
12-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Damn, that would be badass.
No, Badass would be run for 2,300 yards, Vikings win the Super Bowl and Goodell has to hand the trophy to Peterson on national TV.

RK.
12-16-2014, 09:28 AM
And here comes the lawsuit.

A few days after the NFL denied the appeal of Adrian Peterson to throw out his indefinite suspension, the NFLPA on Monday morning filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the league.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24890919/report-nflpa-files-lawsuit-vs-nfl-in-adrian-peterson-case

Here it is in its entirety.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/12.15.14%20redacted%20petition.pdf

tastywaves
12-16-2014, 12:01 PM
And here comes the lawsuit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24890919/report-nflpa-files-lawsuit-vs-nfl-in-adrian-peterson-case

Here it is in its entirety.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/12.15.14%20redacted%20petition.pdf

Abuse of power at it's finest.

Goodell is a dumbass and keeps putting himself into a bad position. I do appreciate the NFLPA going after him with both barrels and pointing him out to be the ass clown that he is.

snowinapril
12-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Are we biased?

Does anyone even care other than us?

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Are we biased?

Yes and No.

If it was anyone else in America, they would have been fired. Apparently football players have more rights than the rest of us.

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes and No.

If it was anyone else in America, they would have been fired. Apparently football players have more rights than the rest of us.

Of course you are wrong, but you know that and are just trying to provoke. Some companies would fire and some would not. In either case that person would be free to pursue employment elsewhere.

If Adrian would have just been fired, he would have been much better off. He would then be free to pursue employment with another team. As it is, he is in indefinite limbo and banned from playing with any team.

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Are we biased?

No doubt.

Probably not so much, as the average fan just wants to focus on the games. But, when you do pay attention to what is going on, it is hard not to side with the players for the cause of having some sense of consistency.

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Of course you are wrong, but you know that and are just trying to provoke. Some companies would fire and some would not. In either case that person would be free to pursue employment elsewhere.

If Adrian would have just been fired, he would have been much better off. He would then be free to pursue employment with another team. As it is, he is in indefinite limbo and banned from playing with any team.

Everyone is free to pursue employment elsewhere, as is Peterson. He can walk away from the NFL whenever he wants, just needs to fill-out his retirement papers.

I'd like to hear of an employer outside of professional sports that would continue to employ a child abuser. I'm all ears.

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Everyone is free to pursue employment elsewhere, as is Peterson. He can walk away from the NFL whenever he wants, just needs to fill-out his retirement papers.

I'd like to hear of an employer outside of professional sports that would continue to employ a child abuser. I'm all ears.

I would guess pretty much everyone who had been charged with something similar to AD is gainfully employed today. Providing that was their only offense.

Can you show me examples of people that can't find employment because they pleaded "no contest" to reckless assault?

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 11:07 AM
I would guess pretty much everyone who had been charged with something similar to AD is gainfully employed today. Providing that was their only offense.

Can you show me examples of people that can't find employment because they pleaded "no contest" to reckless assault?I would guess that people can't find employment after pleading "no contest" to reckless assault of a 4 year old.

There, now our argument is on an even playing field.

tarkenton10
12-17-2014, 11:16 AM
]I would guess [/B]that people can't find employment after pleading "no contest" to reckless assault of a 4 year old.

AS you always like to point out, just the facts!! The facts are he pled No contest and it was not for child abuse. Those are your words not the facts!!!

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 11:22 AM
I would guess that people can't find employment after pleading "no contest" to reckless assault of a 4 year old.

I would guess you are wrong. Your assumption that corporations have high moral values is quite misplaced, otherwise our unemployment rate would be much higher. If he is a high profile person, then he is more likely to be made example of to give the perception of morality (like the NFL). But I assure you that corporations, just like the NFL don't base decisions on what they think is right or wrong. They make decisions based on how they feel it will effect their business.

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I would guess you are wrong. Your assumption that corporations have high moral values is quite misplaced, otherwise our unemployment rate would be much higher. If he is a high profile person, then he is more likely to be made example of to give the perception of morality (like the NFL). But I assure you that corporations, just like the NFL don't base decisions on what they think is right or wrong. They make decisions based on how they feel it will effect their business.

You conclusions are also called assumptions...

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 11:36 AM
You conclusions are also called assumptions...

That's all we have CMac. Mine are highly qualified are yours?

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 11:42 AM

Well, I found countless articles about CEOs and employees getting fired for various reasons, whether child abuse, sexual harassment, animal abuse, embezzlement, and so forth ... proving this comment utterly untrue. Almost too many articles to post, honestly.

But I assure you that corporations, just like the NFL don't base decisions on what they think is right or wrong. They make decisions based on how they feel it will effect their business.

Can we just focus on the fact that I'm in both PPO Fantasy Football championships?

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Well, I found about countless articles about CEOs and employees getting fired for various reasons, whether child abuse, sexual harassment, animal abuse, embezzlement, and so forth ... proving this comment utterly untrue. Almost too many articles to post, honestly.

Can we just focus on the fact that I'm in both PPO Fantasy Football championships?

Did you search for "no contest" on reckless assault? A charge that won't even show up on his record if he meets his probation requirements.

Did you check the past of every person currently employed to see how many of them had similar charges so you can get a feel for the percentage on both sides?

And our discussion was not on being fired, it was on being able to find employment.

You've got a lot of work to do, before I'm going to put any weight on your assumption.

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Did you search for "no contest" on reckless assault? A charge that won't even show up on his record if he meets his probation requirements.

Did you check the past of every person currently employed to see how many of them had similar charges so you can get a feel for the percentage on both sides?

And our discussion was not on being fired, it was on being able to find employment.

You've got a lot of work to do, before I'm going to put any weight on your assumption.

The issue about no contest on reckless assault is largely irrelevant. If an employer saw the photos of what said employee did to a 4 year old child, they will make a decision accordingly... which is exactly what's happening here.

But seriously, both PPO Fantasy Football championships. No big deal. But it is.

tarkenton10
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Well, I found countless articles about CEOs and employees getting fired for various reasons, whether child abuse, sexual harassment, animal abuse, embezzlement, and so forth ... proving this comment utterly untrue. Almost too many articles to post, honestly.

Show me the articles. I found countless articles that Santa Claus is real.

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 01:00 PM
The issue about no contest on reckless assault is largely irrelevant. If an employer saw the photos of what said employee did to a 4 year old child, they will make a decision accordingly... which is exactly what's happening here.

But seriously, both PPO Fantasy Football championships. No big deal. But it is.

If this wasn't a high profile person, the pictures would never have been put in the public domain. Joe Employee would not suffer the same public outcry as Adrian Peterson and would hardly have a blemish on their record, so I doubt they would be blackballed from finding employment.

Which once again goes back to your original statement that Adrian, because he is a professional athlete is getting off easy. The opposite seems to be the case to be me.

Congrats on your Fantasy Football teams.

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Show me the articles. I found countless articles that Santa Claus is real.

Hell... there are even employees that were fired for their facebook pages.

Employee Fired for Facebook Post (http://time.com/3636220/nordstrom-aaron-hodges/)
American Apparel Founder Fired for Sexual Harassment Lawsuit (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2877541/Controversial-American-Apparel-founder-Dov-Charney-fired-cause-following-multiple-sexual-harassment-lawsuits.html)
Hernando deputy fired after charges of child abuse (http://www.wfla.com/story/24529000/hernando-deputy-fired-after-arrest)
UC football official afired after alleged sexual abuse (http://www.wlwt.com/news/uc-football-official-appealing-his-firing-after-alleged-sexual-abuse/28339026)
South Lyon deputy fire chief fired following domestic assault charges (http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/12/report_south_lyon_deputy_fire_1.html)

And they go on and on... chose those because most were fired prior to any conviction and most had no previous criminal record.

Haven't found any evidence that those individuals are currently employed anywhere.

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Now lets see some evidence that shows people who are currently employed despite having plead guilty or no contest to child abuse/assault charges...

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 01:15 PM

Well... at least I can provide evidence for mine.

C Mac D
12-17-2014, 01:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

purplehelmut
12-17-2014, 01:29 PM
You boys go outside and play! You're driving mom crazy with all this bickering!

tarkenton10
12-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Hell... there are even employees that were fired for their facebook pages.

Employee Fired for Facebook Post (http://time.com/3636220/nordstrom-aaron-hodges/)
American Apparel Founder Fired for Sexual Harassment Lawsuit (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2877541/Controversial-American-Apparel-founder-Dov-Charney-fired-cause-following-multiple-sexual-harassment-lawsuits.html)
Hernando deputy fired after charges of child abuse (http://www.wfla.com/story/24529000/hernando-deputy-fired-after-arrest)
UC football official afired after alleged sexual abuse (http://www.wlwt.com/news/uc-football-official-appealing-his-firing-after-alleged-sexual-abuse/28339026)
South Lyon deputy fire chief fired following domestic assault charges (http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/12/report_south_lyon_deputy_fire_1.html)

And they go on and on... chose those because most were fired prior to any conviction and most had no previous criminal record.

Haven't found any evidence that those individuals are currently employed anywhere.

No time right now, tomorrow.

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Hmmm.. I thought I did respond to your post.

I actually went through your links (which I'm not so sure you did) and responded to each.

CEO, only got fired after the company stock tanked. He was accused initially in 2011 and was fired last week after the stock dove by 53% and they had 3 bad quarters in a row.

Every one of your links is a recent firing, most of them are still being contested. None of them are the same charge as Adrian and it is too early to tell if they will find employment elsewhere. I suspect most if not all of them will.

tastywaves
12-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Now lets see some evidence that shows people who are currently employed despite having plead guilty or no contest to child abuse/assault charges...

It is so common, it doesn't make the headlines.

snowinapril
12-18-2014, 08:47 PM
No doubt.

Probably not so much, as the average fan just wants to focus on the games. But, when you do pay attention to what is going on, it is hard not to side with the players for the cause of having some sense of consistency.

I tend to think that fans of other teams don't care until it happens to their players.

snowinapril
12-18-2014, 08:53 PM
If this wasn't a high profile person, the pictures would never have been put in the public domain. Joe Employee would not suffer the same public outcry as Adrian Peterson and would hardly have a blemish on their record, so I doubt they would be blackballed from finding employment.

Which once again goes back to your original statement that Adrian, because he is a professional athlete is getting off easy. The opposite seems to be the case to be me.

I agree!