PDA

View Full Version : I thought Turner was an offensiv.e genius.

johnkdbr
11-16-2014, 04:12 PM
13 points against the Bears? Really? Patterson 2 catches, Jennings 1 catch 48 yards rushing not counting the fake punt. What game planning did Turner do during the week? I'm trying to figure out how this offense is better than last years. Where was Rudolph? I hope we get AP back soon, maybe he can put something into this dead offense.

Tad7
11-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Teddy Bridgewater being a pussy is the problem. He doesn't throw past 5 yards, he doesn't do much of anything. He sucks. No more blaming offensive coordinators, our quarterbacks have sucked for years and Teddy Bridgewater is another one that SUCKS....unless he's just a pussy.

It's gonna be "he's just a rookie" then "he hasn't even started 20 games yet" and then the 3rd year everyone will agree and then the 4th year it's a new journyeman quarterback

Teddy is such a pussy about throwing the ball.

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
13 points against the Bears? Really? Patterson 2 catches, Jennings 1 catch 48 yards rushing not counting the fake punt. What game planning did Turner do during the week? I'm trying to figure out how this offense is better than last years. Where was Rudolph? I hope we get AP back soon, maybe he can put something into this dead offense.

There is a dummy here that thinks not having AP is no big deal. He is what Turner based this entire offense on with a rookie qb. He's the guy that makes the motor run on this offense and without him it's sugar in the gas tank. This offense is not capable of scoring two td's a game and they show it week after week without Adrian. Tell that dummy that no AP means no offense. He still don't get it.

Tad7
11-16-2014, 04:23 PM
And Greg jennings DOES GET OPEN by the way. When I thought the season still mattered, I went back and watched plays, and Jennings gets missed several times a game. Teddy just doesn't look because it's dangerous for a ball to travel more than 7 yards total in the air.

VikesfaninWis
11-16-2014, 04:26 PM

A fake punt rush by Sandjeo led the team in rushing, Josh Robinson is as much of a joke on the outside as he is on the inside. Always out of position, never plays the ball, and consistently looks at the WR AFTER he catches the TD..

Bridgewater looked every bit the rookie despite playing a reeling Chicago team. The OL was natrosious today, our leading WR was a guy most people have never heard of before. In the 2 min offense to try to tie the game, our QB continues to throw dump passes up the middle with no TIMEOUTS left. Maybe if you played the sidelines, or maybe spiked the ball to stop the clock, you might have had time to recoup and game plan?

This team is bad on so many levels, and are going to be flat out embarrassed by Green Bay next week. I hope they lose the rest of the way and focus on getting high draft picks to replace most of these lousy ass players we have.. Kalil is quickly becoming a huge bust, Charlie Johnson sucks, Phil Loadholt never deserved an extension. Greenway is getting old, Robinson should not even be a backup in this league, and the running game is serviceable at best.

I wasn't expecting a great season this year because of the new coaches, and the new systems. I was however expecting a little more than this. It blantly obvious that this team needs to spend money in free agency, and draft good to even have a chance next season. Get a proven big name CB to start opposite of Rhodes. They need to get the right players for Zimmer's defense. This shit is old.

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 04:36 PM
I refuse to watch the games of this team live. I DVR the game and watch it at my leisure. It's like watching paint dry. The most boring 3 hours to spend so I scan through it in 45 minutes. The offense without the only threat we have in Peterson is almost unwatchable. This offense is not capable of scoring 2 tds a game and one is more like it ,, maybe. We have a horrible o line and a qb that is gun shy and checks down 80 percent of the time. NOW as I predicted the defense will begin to wilt. One by having to be on the field all day and two because they know their offense is helpless. It started today with the Bears and next week will be an azz kicking.

johnkdbr
11-16-2014, 04:53 PM
There is a dummy here that thinks not having AP is no big deal. He is what Turner based this entire offense on with a rookie qb. He's the guy that makes the motor run on this offense and without him it's sugar in the gas tank. This offense is not capable of scoring two td's a game and they show it week after week without Adrian. Tell that dummy that no AP means no offense. He still don't get it.

Hey airhead, AP has been out for pretty much the whole season. Using that as an excuse for why Turner's offense is not working would mean he is incapable of making adjustments.....Teams lose big time players every year & adjust to the new situation. All I see is the same ol, same ol every weekend.

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 04:57 PM
So do I... isn't it fun watching a totally inept offense. Another game the Vikings probably win with AP in the backfield. YOu deny that and you are just a dumb fuk... THERE IS ZERO TO FEAR ON THIS OFFENSE.. WITH AP THAT CHANGES INSTANTLY... DUMMY.....

purplehelmut
11-16-2014, 04:58 PM
AP or not, Norv hasn't shown himself to be anything special. It's the big leagues, you gotta figure something out. Bridgewater throwing to backs all day ain't gonna cut it. Big part of the problem is OL- they are simply not very good. I don't care if Peyton is back there. If you can't set up and survey the field you aren't gonna complete many passes over 10 yards. We are just a bad team right now, period.

johnkdbr
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Get it through your thick head....We don't have AP.......Adjust!! I would suggest you go back to watching soccer.

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes its the big leagues... Big league games are won by Big league Players. AD is the biggest big league player at his position in the league. You try being an O coodinator and lose the best in the business and then try and replace him with a raw rook and a raw qb. AP calms all that down and hides this o lines weakness as he has done for years. This team is 6-4 right now with Peterson in this medioce league. If you fools can't see that you just don't know much about football. If you don't think Peterson getting 25 carries a game that he makes enough runs to make these games winnable you are just full of shit or maybe you think AD is the devil and should never play again. How soon you forget that AP WAS THE VIKINGS OFFENSE...

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Be a realist you fool... Adjust what? You think these o coordinators wave magic wands.. Don'[t bitch about all these adjustments ,,,, there aren't any goof..

johnkdbr
11-16-2014, 05:14 PM
You are arguing something that doesn't matter. WE DON'T HAVE AP and haven't had him all season. If you are worth your salt you take what you have and adjust your offense to work with their talents. We have good enough skill players to score more than 13 points in a game especially against a terrible defense like the Bears. Sounds like you need to change your tampon.

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 05:33 PM
OK lets talk a bit of REAL football... First off would you like to tell me what kind of adjustments you'd like to see Turner do? You seem to think any very good O coordinator can make an offense work without the player they have built this team around for years. So what are these adjustments. You do know that defenses are playing the way you play against a raw rookie , don't you? They are taking away the flats and the easy throws and taking their chances that this raw rook will not be able to CONSISTENTLY beat them down the field. You do know that they do not fear our running backs and that they know we have a weak oline that they can exploit, right? So what are you adjustments. Five wides, four wides, spread the field. When you have a left tackle that has given up now 11 sacks, that is a bit of a problem. You are so smart, tell me what he should do to adjust the offense. Fact is they have an aging overpaid Jennings.. They have Patterson that is still trying to learn how to run a route.. They DO NOT HAVE A NUMBER ONE RECEIVER.. far from it. Tell me oh wise one what would be your adjustments. Think Hard

snowinapril
11-16-2014, 07:20 PM
OK lets talk a bit of REAL football... First off would you like to tell me what kind of adjustments you'd like to see Turner do? You seem to think any very good O coordinator can make an offense work without the player they have built this team around for years. So what are these adjustments. You do know that defenses are playing the way you play against a raw rookie , don't you? They are taking away the flats and the easy throws and taking their chances that this raw rook will not be able to CONSISTENTLY beat them down the field. You do know that they do not fear our running backs and that they know we have a weak oline that they can exploit, right? So what are you adjustments. Five wides, four wides, spread the field. When you have a left tackle that has given up now 11 sacks, that is a bit of a problem. You are so smart, tell me what he should do to adjust the offense. Fact is they have an aging overpaid Jennings.. They have Patterson that is still trying to learn how to run a route.. They DO NOT HAVE A NUMBER ONE RECEIVER.. far from it. Tell me oh wise one what would be your adjustments. Think Hard

I am not going to hate on the OC.

For one, I would take Patterson out or start running gimmick plays with him.

I agree, that teams are trying to make the rook win the game. But the rook is taking what they are giving him. When he forces it in there, he ends up throwing INTs on the deep ball. There are plenty of teams that make a living taking what teams give them.

Because they don't fear our run, the safety is roaming and providing coverage over the top. Let's see how this is different once AP gets back.

Even though Patterson is fast, he doesn't have the RAW WR talent for the down the field plays. He should be the short pass in stride guy and get as many yards as you can after the catch. We need to be able to get people to respect the over the top and there will be a lot of underneath potential.

I think that Kalil being so below average makes a huge difference in the down the field shots. TB can't drop back and get protection long enough to throw down field.

purplehelmut
11-16-2014, 07:30 PM
I just watched Arizona beat the best defense in the league with a backup QB. Adjust, step up, whatever you want to call it. This is the NFL and I don't want to hear all this whining we don't have AP. He isn't out there. The team needs to deal with it. Not having AP didn't let Cutler carve us up. Our defense looked like shit, the OL looked like shit, and the team looked like shit. Period.

snowinapril
11-16-2014, 07:57 PM
I just watched Arizona beat the best defense in the league with a backup QB. Adjust, step up, whatever you want to call it. This is the NFL and I don't want to hear all this whining we don't have AP. He isn't out there. The team needs to deal with it. Not having AP didn't let Cutler carve us up. Our defense looked like shit, the OL looked like shit, and the team looked like shit. Period.

I can agree with that. (Arizona played really good Defense though to help the back up QB that threw multiple INTs.)

I think the question was if the OC is a genius. That was predicated with our offense only scored 13 points against the Bears. I agree that we got carved up on Defense. If this thread is about the Bears game, then I say this game wasn't about the OC, players need to make the plays. We had like 3 back to back 3 and outs while we had a lead and could have burnt up the clock with possession of the ball. We also could have put points on the board. We also missed a needed FG, by a kicker that should have made that. We lost by 8 points.

We did have a goal line stand but in hindsight they probably wish they would have kicked a FG. We were playing a team that was hell bent on winning this game, this was their season. They got their asses handed to them 2 games in a row and they were going to win at all costs today.

Suick
11-16-2014, 08:42 PM
How many two yard check down passes did we throw today on 3rd and long

Phucking sickening

EricTheViking
11-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Teddy Bridgewater being a pussy is the problem. He doesn't throw past 5 yards, he doesn't do much of anything. He sucks. No more blaming offensive coordinators, our quarterbacks have sucked for years and Teddy Bridgewater is another one that SUCKS....unless he's just a pussy.

It's gonna be "he's just a rookie" then "he hasn't even started 20 games yet" and then the 3rd year everyone will agree and then the 4th year it's a new journyeman quarterback

Teddy is such a pussy about throwing the ball.

I know. You hate Teddy. He's "just a rookie." Do you know what other quarterbacks sucked in their rookie season? Here's a few: Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Randall Cunningham (remember him?? Took us to 15-1 In 1998), Eli Manning and Joe Namath.
This season is over for us. This team is abysmal. So from here on out, as far as I'm concerned, is about developing the potential talent of players we have, including Bridgewater.

snowinapril
11-17-2014, 03:37 AM
I know. You hate Teddy. He's "just a rookie." Do you know what other quarterbacks sucked in their rookie season? Here's a few: Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Randall Cunningham (remember him?? Took us to 15-1 In 1998), Eli Manning and Joe Namath.
This season is over for us. This team is abysmal. So from here on out, as far as I'm concerned, is about developing the potential talent of teams we have, including Bridgewater.

I think Tarkenton sucked too, for the record.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TarkFr00.htm

Oh crap, which year didn't he suck. LOL! Interception to TDs holy cow! Yards per game.......etc.

Minniman
11-17-2014, 09:05 AM
I think Tarkenton sucked too, for the record.

Oh crap, which year didn't he suck. LOL! Interception to TDs holy cow! Yards per game.......etc.

It was a different era. Defenders could bump receivers all the way down the field until the ball was in the air. As for YPG ... these were record breaking statistics at the time.

As far as Bridgewater goes, he is a rookie, and we should expect mistakes, but this kid has not shown he can hit targets over 20 yards deep, and that is a major red flag.

Norv Turner is not helping with his abysmal protection schemes. Single back sets that send the back out on routes with the tight end mean no blitz protection. Is that the way Norv wants to bring along a young quarterback?

The Packers often only send out two receivers in patterns and delay the tight end or back for a check down after they have completed their blocking assignments. Turner just sends everyone out, so the quarterback has no time to hit any of them but the three yard check down back.

I also have to believe that the Vikings are giving up a read to the defense on screens. It may be a formation, personnel combination, or guard pull, but the Vikings are fooling no one.

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 09:27 AM
If Turner was a genius the short passes on 3rd and long would stop

kingpin9995
11-17-2014, 10:11 AM

Wrong again... Teddy Two Yards is checking the play down. Has nothing to do with the play call.. You really think Norv is the one calling two yard passes on thrid and 8.. Wake up...

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Wrong again... Teddy Two Yards is checking the play down. Has nothing to do with the play call.. You really think Norv is the one calling two yard passes on thrid and 8.. Wake up...

You're wrong Norv should be able to coach well enough to give Teddy confidence not to throw the short passes

vikesrgreat2
11-17-2014, 11:29 AM

I think better offensive line protection would go a long way toward helping Bridgewater in his progress. Right now, as a couple of you correctly indicated, Matt Kalil is really struggling. If he continues to struggle, perhaps they could try moving Kalil inside to LG, and have someone else (assuming there IS someone else) try their hand at LT. Kalil is giving up more sacks than any starting LT in the league, and that's simply not acceptable!

It would also help if the defense could get off the field consistently on third down. The Bears converted 10 of 17 third-down attempts, and 2 of 3 fourth-down attempts. The Vikings' defense has improved significantly since last year, but this is an area that still needs improvement.

If these two areas (offensive line and pass defense) improve, I think the Vikings could finish the season strong, and offer a bright future to us fans.

C Mac D
11-17-2014, 11:44 AM
I think better offensive line protection would go a long way toward helping Bridgewater in his progress. Right now, as a couple of you correctly indicated, Matt Kalil is really struggling. If he continues to struggle, perhaps they could try moving Kalil inside to LG, and have someone else (assuming there IS someone else) try their hand at LT. Kalil is giving up more sacks than any starting LT in the league, and that's simply not acceptable!

It would also help if the defense could get off the field consistently on third down. The Bears converted 10 of 17 third-down attempts, and 2 of 3 fourth-down attempts. The Vikings' defense has improved significantly since last year, but this is an area that still needs improvement.

If these two areas (offensive line and pass defense) improve, I think the Vikings could finish the season strong, and offer a bright future to us fans.

I agree with both of these sentiments, but overall our offense just isn't good. We can blame the defense for yesterday's loss, sure, but the Bears only put up 21 points. We should be able to at least match that, especially against the Bears anemic defense.

Our WR's had a combined 115 yards yesterday... with Charles Johnson as our leading receiver. Who is Charles Johnson, you ask? Good question.

Gotta question why Turner is targeting Johnson 7 times, yet only targeting Greg Jennings twice or Patterson 3 times. Probably a good indicator of why our offense is ranked 30th in the league.

You (kingpin9995) can point to Peterson's absence all you want, but you're missing the point.

tastywaves
11-17-2014, 11:48 AM
I agree with both of these sentiments, but overall our offense just isn't good. We can blame the defense for yesterday's loss, sure, but the Bears only put up 21 points. We should be able to at least match that, especially against the Bears anemic defense.

Our WR's had a combined 115 yards yesterday... with Charles Johnson as our leading receiver. Who is Charles Johnson, you ask? Good question.

Gotta question why Turner is targeting Johnson 7 times, yet only targeting Greg Jennings twice or Patterson 3 times. Probably a good indicator of why our offense is ranked 30th in the league.

You (kingpin9995) can point to Peterson's absence all you want, but you're missing the point.

Good thing they found Charles Johnson roaming the streets. He's been our most productive receiver since we signed him. Actually I don't know that, but sure seems to be.

He is our deep threat now and the guy Teddy goes to on key downs. That is definitely a statement about something.

kingpin9995
11-17-2014, 12:45 PM

Not missing the point at all. Just pointing out that with Peterson this team is not that horrible and would be in the mix for a playoff spot today if he was starting all year. Bridgewater would be better and you would not see the glaring horseshit that is our o line because with a rook you know Peterson was going to be at a record carry pace, not only because we have a rook qb but also because I do not think the VIkings planned on keeping AP after this season with his cap number. I'd guess that AD after 10 games would have been around 1100 yards on the year and this team would be at worst 6-4... People wonder why we struggle when we lose the best running back on the planet...

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Not missing the point at all. Just pointing out that with Peterson this team is not that horrible and would be in the mix for a playoff spot today if he was starting all year. Bridgewater would be better and you would not see the glaring horseshit that is our o line because with a rook you know Peterson was going to be at a record carry pace, not only because we have a rook qb but also because I do not think the VIkings planned on keeping AP after this season with his cap number. I'd guess that AD after 10 games would have been around 1100 yards on the year and this team would be at worst 6-4... People wonder why we struggle when we lose the best running back on the planet...

You don't know that any of this would have happened. You don't win games on speculation

12purplepride28
11-17-2014, 02:02 PM
It is frustrating to watch Teddy check down but I wonder how sped up his mental clock has been due to horrible pass protection all year, not to mention WRs not getting consistent separation.

C Mac D
11-17-2014, 02:10 PM
You don't know that any of this would have happened. You don't win games on speculation

It's like talking to a brick wall... he apparently doesn't remember 2013 at all.

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 02:38 PM
It's like talking to a brick wall... he apparently doesn't remember 2013 at all.

Yeah he's got issues. By his logic the Vikings were favored to win all 4 Super Bowls so that means they won and the games didnt count

tarkenton10
11-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Fire 'em all!! LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL, LES STECKEL,

Tad7
11-17-2014, 10:05 PM
This season is over for us. This team is abysmal. So from here on out, as far as I'm concerned, is about developing the potential talent of players we have, including Bridgewater.
"Hate" isn't the right word at all, I'm extremely frustrated with his lack of doing anything. I'd rather see him make mistakes than consistently volunteer punts. Anything longer than 3rd and 4 and he's ready to be on the sidelines.

I'm familiar with the quarterbacks who struggled early, I spent my first year on here defending T-Jack everyday lol....but the comparisons don't really work for me any more. Passing records are constantly being broken these days because it's a lot easier meaning it's easier for rookie QB's to make impacts. I'm guessing most of those QB's showed something. Teddy has showed almost nothing special other than one game of throwing screens, which defenses quickly figured out every game since.

I know Teddy is the guaranteed starter, barring injury, for at least the Vikings next 22 games. So I badly hope it works out.

Suick
11-18-2014, 12:29 PM
consistently volunteer punts.

Speaking of punting...............Locke sucks c**k. Can he hit one over 40 yds?????????????

Bring back Kluwe.

EricTheViking
11-18-2014, 12:47 PM
"Hate" isn't the right word at all, I'm extremely frustrated with his lack of doing anything. I'd rather see him make mistakes than consistently volunteer punts. Anything longer than 3rd and 4 and he's ready to be on the sidelines.

Teddy has showed almost nothing special other than one game of throwing screens, which defenses quickly figured out every game since.

I know Teddy is the guaranteed starter, barring injury, for at least the Vikings next 22 games. So I badly hope it works out.

In my opinion he's shown the ability to thread the needle with some precision throws in the 15 to 20 yard range. His long ball, as we all know, needs significant work. In regards to the constant check downs I suspect the receivers just aren't getting open and its the ONLY play he has. I don't want to see the mistake made of trying to force a ball to a covered guy and cough up an INT. And with the offensive line being a sieve he often doesn't have any time to do much of anything. At least he isn't turning the ball over very much.
An SB contending team needs to have a great quarterback but even a great quarterback needs to have a good team around him. I understand your sentiment though. The last thing we need is yet another 2 or 3 years of developing a young qb if he isn't going to work out. I guess we just have to wait and see. Again.

bleedpurple
11-18-2014, 12:56 PM
In my opinion he's shown the ability to thread the needle with some precision throws in the 15 to 20 yard range. His long ball, as we all know, needs significant work. In regards to the constant check downs I suspect the receivers just aren't getting open and its the ONLY play he has. I don't want to see the mistake made of trying to force a ball to a covered guy and cough up an INT. And with the offensive line being a sieve he often doesn't have any time to do much of anything. At least he isn't turning the ball over very much.
An SB contending team needs to have a great quarterback but even a great quarterback needs to have a good team around him. I understand your sentiment though. The last thing we need is yet another 2 or 3 years of developing a young qb if he isn't going to work out. I guess we just have to wait and see. Again.

my question with teddy is why is he so good with under 2 min and in the 4th quarter but sucks the first 3 quarters of the game??? Can we try going no huddle or with a quicker pace in the game so he doesn't have time to over think things and just play football... he seems to play better when he's just playing loose.

norv needs to figure this stuff out... But i also think our guys could do a better job of getting open downfield. CP, Rudolph ( i know he's been hurt but when he has played hasnt done anything.... not even last year), and the rest of the bunch have a lot to be desired. leaving Teddy not much to throw to given we don't have AP back there demanding one on one coverage on the outside...

bleedpurple
11-18-2014, 12:59 PM

I agree with you on speculation... but i find it hard to believe we wouldn't be a different offense let alone won a few more games with AP on the field... He's good for a few more wins or atleast finishing some games or sustaining drives in games we lost down the stretch.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah he's got issues. By his logic the Vikings were favored to win all 4 Super Bowls so that means they won and the games didnt count

You and C Mac are a couple of homer morons. If you take off the goofy purple glasses for once you'd see that when you have the best running back in Viking HISTORY it only makes sense that a ROOKIE QB will have more success with that back behind him. All these fools that say.. Oh oh Teddy is better off withouth AD because he can now learn how to perform the passing game and not have to hand it to Adrian allday. What hogwash. You too need to join these goofs at the trough and fill your pie holes. Keep rooting for an ownership that has no guts and won't come out and say what they think. An owner interested not in winning championships but filling seats in his new palace we're paying for and developing the area around the bird killer stadium. The Vikings HAD A CHANCE TO BE A CONTENDING PLAYOFF SPOT TEAM THIS YEAR WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT DUMMIES. Godell and the cowards at Winter Park took that all away from the fanbase and you dopes ate it up .. Oh we got a nice rookie runner... oh and Teddy Two Yards is going to progress quickly without AD hampering his progress... Oh and we have a great O coordinator that will make it work... Oh and Coradelle is going to be a beast.. Wake up fools.. Gerbels Godell and the Developers stole your season from you when they became the moral police instead of following protocol after Ray Bam Bam Rice layed out his lady.. You've all been PUNKED.... I hope AD comes back next season with the Cowboys.. Seahwawks .. Hell it would be great if it was the Packers and stomp the living shit out of these cowards and win three straight SB's. You two dummies would still have the purple koolaids stains on your chins and down your Vikings Ponder jerseys...