PDA

View Full Version : Vikings @ Bears THOUGHTS?

rockymtdan
11-15-2014, 12:41 PM
After the GB ass wooping they may come out swinging.

I will still pick the Vikings.... outdoors in the cold will keep the score down.

Vikings.......31
Bears..........22

Traveling_Vike
11-16-2014, 03:11 AM
If the Bears could not get motivated for the Pack last week (only the longest running rivalry in the NFL) , after a serious beatdown by the Patriots and a whole bye week to stew on it, I don't see why they would be able to get motivated for the Vikings game. Of course, these sort of things do seem to happen regularly to our team. They are the cure for most teams' ailments. So I have a hard time figuring this one out. In the end, I think the new coaching and new direction will prove to be the difference maker for us in this respect.

So one of two things will happen. Either the Bears will still be apathetic and sluggish, resulting in a blowout win for us, or they will inexplicably light a fire under themselves and we'll have a slugfest.

Bad bears, Vikings win 38-10. Good Bears, Viking lose a nailbiter, 21-20.

Either way, I'm taking the Vikes plus the points.

marshallvike
11-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Our D has had a tendency to start slow. If that happens today it will help good Jay come out and get on a roll. They have too many offensive weapons to be getting spanked like they have the last two weeks. If we come out and smack down Suckler right away, he will throw the ball to us or fumble it often enough to give us plenty of scoring opportunities. We need to take advantage of that.

purplehelmut
11-16-2014, 12:23 PM
We need to get up on them early so the "here we go again" bad mojo gets the better of them. Can't let Cutler get his confidence- need to pop him early and often.

thorshammer
11-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Kalil is horrible. Sorry but he just is not cutting it. Worst left tackle in the league right now.

vikinggreg
11-16-2014, 04:21 PM
No adjustment to problems made during game

Robinson giving up 5 to 6 inches to Marshal or Jeffery gets no help and is left out there

Oline sticks to 5 man protect schemes, no chips taken on Allen by a TE or back and Bridgewater checks down quickly and hurries

Slow route running and saw Patterson stop after his break more than once

Also slowing after catch to juke instead of just running and initiating contact

Sloppy tackling, 4 misses on Forte's big run through the heart of the defense

Missed FG

Wright hurt early and gone, loss of deep threat early, only deep threat??

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 04:27 PM
NO AP..NO OFFENSE...IT'S NOT BRAIN SURGERY. HE'S THE ONLY HOME RUN HITTER THIS OFFENSE HAS AND WITH NO AP AND A ROOK QB THE DEFENSE JUST TAKES AWAY THE EASY THROWS AND SAYS BEAT US AND THE VIKINGS JUST CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT THE THREAT OF AP ON EVERY DOWN.

snowinapril
11-16-2014, 04:43 PM
RAMS
Falcons
Bucs
and
Skins

None of these teams are good. They have even made our Defense look good at times.

We are a below average team and our record is going to show that.

The Bears took us apart surgically. They are better than their record shows because they have beat themselves quite a bit this year. Not even Cutler's turnovers could help us. If we didn't go 3 and out so many times while we had that lead, it may have been different.

kingpin9995
11-16-2014, 04:50 PM
The Bears gave up were outscored 93....7 in the first half the last four games. They gave up close to 100 points the last two games... they rank 27th in the league in defense and last in run defense.Did you see what that pathetic offense did to the Vikings offense today. The Bears suck... we suck worse. They have not beat themselves . . they've gotten the shit kicked out of them by real teams in the Pats and the Peckers...... Don't sugar coat it.. This Viking offense without AP is DOA..... and it will continue to be untill that dumb fuk Gerbels Godell gets his head out of his ass and reinstates AP only to then see the worst owners in the NFL cut AP to pacify the SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS..

PurplePowerPunch
11-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Josh Robinson and Khalil continue to get dominated every Sunday. I say we both cut ties with them at the end of the season. Also, WE NEED ADRIAN PETERSON. Without him, this offense is below average at best. Skol!

PurplePowerPunch
11-16-2014, 05:45 PM
The Bears gave up were outscored 93....7 in the first half the last four games. They gave up close to 100 points the last two games... they rank 27th in the league in defense and last in run defense.Did you see what that pathetic offense did to the Vikings offense today. The Bears suck... we suck worse. They have not beat themselves . . they've gotten the shit kicked out of them by real teams in the Pats and the Peckers...... Don't sugar coat it.. This Viking offense without AP is DOA..... and it will continue to be untill that dumb fuk Gerbels Godell gets his head out of his ass and reinstates AP only to then see the worst owners in the NFL cut AP to pacify the SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS..

Amen brother!

snowinapril
11-16-2014, 06:44 PM

The Bears are better than us.

We are not that good. I don't think I was sugar coating anything.

The Bears are more talented than the team we put on the field today. They are more talented until you punch them in the mouth, then they start to spiral downhill quickly. We didn't punch them in the mouth. The Bears are notorious for doing themselves in during the Cutler area.

No sugar there.

snowinapril
11-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Amen brother!

Not sure which part is being Amen'd, the overall frustration of multiple contradictory points in one paragraph.

Kingpin, I think you are just trying to argue with someone. I can also say you may be expecting too much from our team. You are arguing like we were supposed to score 50 points on the Bears in the first half. On the other hand you are saying we don't have an offense. You also state that the Bears got beat by real teams really bad. Your expectations may have been too high or just plain built on hope. You can't say we should have scored more and then say we suck so bad we aren't able to score.

We haven't beat anyone tough yet. The toughest team we beat was probably the Rams but we got them long before they turned it around.

4 Wins = Rams, Falcon, Bucs, Skins = Suck/Failure!

Josh Robinson and Khalil continue to get dominated every Sunday. I say we both cut ties with them at the end of the season. Also, WE NEED ADRIAN PETERSON. Without him, this offense is below average at best. Skol!

We are still below average with AP.

Suick
11-16-2014, 08:49 PM

This team needs a LOT more than AP, but I'm with you on Kalil and Robinson

Robinson was Jeffery's bitch today, and Kalil is a waste of human flesh.

vikinggreg
11-16-2014, 10:26 PM

Matt Kalil Vikings starting left tackle

Khalil a klingon or R&B singer Khalil Amir Sharieff also can't block...or Khalil Mack Raiders first round pick

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Turrible

Minniman
11-17-2014, 09:22 AM
We are still below average with AP.
+1

There it is.

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 09:26 AM
+1

There it is.

+2 AP doesn't improve the defense

kingpin9995
11-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Wrong again.. He definitely improves the defense. He gets first downs on his own without Teddy Two Yards throwing checkdowns for 1 yard losses. He keeps the offense on the field and makes the defense play honest. You seem to forget that he ran for 2000 yards with this shit o line two years ago and almost single handedly took us to the playoffs with PONDER . Tell me oh wise one how did that happen with a defense worse than this one.. Wasn't he named MVP of the league? Any the fool you are can't seem to understand why the Vikings struggle and blame it on everythign except the real reason.. NO ADRIAN...

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Wrong again.. He definitely improves the defense. He gets first downs on his own without Teddy Two Yards throwing checkdowns for 1 yard losses. He keeps the offense on the field and makes the defense play honest. You seem to forget that he ran for 2000 yards with this shit o line two years ago and almost single handedly took us to the playoffs with PONDER . Tell me oh wise one how did that happen with a defense worse than this one.. Wasn't he named MVP of the league? Any the fool you are can't seem to understand why the Vikings struggle and blame it on everythign except the real reason.. NO ADRIAN...

So if AP was playing yesterday Josh Robinson wouldn't have got burned? He was MVP in 2012 yes, but if he was such a God he should have had it every year he's played. He's good but he needs others to help the team. You are full of crap and delusional. If Adrian Peterso had played every games this year the Vikings would still be a rebuilding crap team this year

C Mac D
11-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Hate to tell ya'll I was right about Teddy and ol' Norv... but... um... yeah...

vikesrgreat2
11-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Vikings time of possession yesterday: 21:12. This is NOT acceptable in my opinion! We were fortunate to lose by only 8 points yesterday. I think the team is better than they were last year, but (as I told my brother before the season started) the improvement may not show up in extra wins until next year. There's still plenty of room for the team to improve - AD or no AD!

kingpin9995
11-17-2014, 11:40 AM
So if AP was playing yesterday Josh Robinson wouldn't have got burned? He was MVP in 2012 yes, but if he was such a God he should have had it every year he's played. He's good but he needs others to help the team. You are full of crap and delusional. If Adrian Peterso had played every games this year the Vikings would still be a rebuilding crap team this year

Peterson played hurt with a bad groin most of last season. Yes I am saying that the Vikings right now would be in a position to vie for a playoff spot with a healthy Peterson in the backfield. The NFL is a mediocre mess. My God we have a division with the leaders at 4-6... This defense is better than last year. Teddy is less a turnover machine then Ponder was. This team with AD would be right in the mix. If you can't see that you must have been switched as a kid and hate Adrian. Teddy would be seeing alot more green field with AD in the backfield. Safties cheating and giving Teddy more opportunities. Right now they are just playing safties back and taking away the first ten yards. They could not do that with AP in the backfield. Get game....

BadlandsVikings
11-17-2014, 11:47 AM
My God we have a division with the leaders at 4-6... ....

The Packers and Lions aren't 4-6

snowinapril
11-17-2014, 11:05 PM

You are just riding the momentum of the last 10 years or so. You are going to win that argument every time if you have been a negative nancy.

Just saying...... ;-)

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Don't be a dummy... Dummy!

C Mac D
11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
You are just riding the momentum of the last 10 years or so. You are going to win that argument every time if you have been a negative nancy.

Just saying...... ;-)

Realize you're joking around... but during the summer, people were under the impression that Norv Turner was this offensive genius that was going to make us a Super Bowl contender right away. I received a lot of slack for pointing out his lack of production post-Cowboys, yet people refused to listen.

Now we're ranked 30th in offense.

bleedpurple
11-18-2014, 12:11 PM
This team needs a LOT more than AP, but I'm with you on Kalil and Robinson

Robinson was Jeffery's bitch today, and Kalil is a waste of human flesh.

to robinson's defense... yes, he was BM and AJ's bitch today... but he was in position everytime, they were just too big and strong for him to do anything... it's like a power forward posting up a point guard... he virtually had no chance because of the size difference. I wouldn't cut ties with him...

as for khalil?? i have no answers... maybe move him to guard?

bleedpurple
11-18-2014, 12:14 PM

i can't say i blame Teddy... He's a rookie... let's blame the receivers for not getting open.. what's up with Corderrelle?? he's been a ghost... and then Charles Johnson comes in and looks like the read deal... we picked the dude up off the waiver wire.. unbelievable.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Take Earl Campbell away from the Oilers

Take Eric Dickerson away from the Rams

That's what's left.... 30 th in the league.. Dummy

C Mac D
11-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Take Earl Campbell away from the Oilers

Take Eric Dickerson away from the Rams

That's what's left.... 30 th in the league.. Dummy

Excuses are for losers.

kingpin9995
11-18-2014, 09:16 PM
Facts are for winners fool. It's not an excuse , its fact. You seem to think Peterson is some sort of average back that is expendable.. You seem to not understand that Aaron Rodgers is the equivalent to Green Bay what AP is to the Vikings... How did the Peckers do last season with Rodgers out? The Vikings offense TOTALLY revolves around Peterson and when that was lost I told you they would be hard pressed to score more than a td a game... You just don't want to face the cold hard facts. Godell robbed the hard working season ticket holders of watching one of the greatest players of your time dummy. In essence 14 games lost on a misc. charge in a state where kids still get whacked in school , and parents discipline much different then northern libs or cali whacks... 14 GAMES .... You think that's fair dummy?

thorshammer
11-18-2014, 09:48 PM
I still think Teddy will be an above average QB in this league. He's only a rookie so I think it's fair to say he deserves a little more time. We are the second youngest team in the league so I guess Norv deserves a little more time as well. I didn't expect these kids to put it all together the first year in a new system. The clock situation didn't really do Teddy (a rookie qb) any favors at the end of the game either. I for one am not ready to throw him under the bus at this point.

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Facts are for winners fool. It's not an excuse , its fact. You seem to think Peterson is some sort of average back that is expendable.. You seem to not understand that Aaron Rodgers is the equivalent to Green Bay what AP is to the Vikings... How did the Peckers do last season with Rodgers out? The Vikings offense TOTALLY revolves around Peterson and when that was lost I told you they would be hard pressed to score more than a td a game... You just don't want to face the cold hard facts. Godell robbed the hard working season ticket holders of watching one of the greatest players of your time dummy. In essence 14 games lost on a misc. charge in a state where kids still get whacked in school , and parents discipline much different then northern libs or cali whacks... 14 GAMES .... You think that's fair dummy?

Rodgers is better than Peterson. Rodgers has people that can catch, Peterson needs people to open holes and the way Kalil is playing this year he'd get stopped

kingpin9995
11-19-2014, 10:52 AM
With that last post I now know that you surely have no football IQ. Run along now son, you are a waste of time....

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Run along now son, you are a waste of time....

Thats not what Bill Cosby said to your mother