PDA

View Full Version : Former Viking Orlando Thomas dies

BadlandsVikings
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Former Minnesota Vikings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings) safety Orlando Thomas, who led the NFL in interceptions during his rookie year in 1995 with nine, died Sunday night of ALS. He was 42.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11851971/orlando-thomas-former-minnesota-vikings-player-dies-42

tastywaves
11-10-2014, 11:36 AM
RIP Orlando. Way too young.

midgensa
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Absolutely tragic. I have many found memories of Orlando Thomas in my early Viking fandom.

42 is simply way to young. But I am sure he is in a better place. Nobody should have to be held hostage by that horrible disease.

My thoughts are with his family.

kingpin9995
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Absolutely tragic. I have many found memories of Orlando Thomas in my early Viking fandom.

42 is simply way to young. But I am sure he is in a better place. Nobody should have to be held hostage by that horrible disease.

My thoughts are with his family.

My brother in law of 60 years old died from ALS a few years ago. He was diagnosed in October and he was gone by April. He said he was not going to let this disease ravage him to the point it seems Orlando did. He went into the hospital one night with pnuemonia and they wanted to put in a breathing tube. They said there was a good chance with the ALS he many not get back off it. He talked to his wife and they let his lungs fill up and he died the next afternoon. He after diagnosis was in a wheel chair by Dec and he knew what was ahead of him with the respirator. Great guy and one of the biggest Packer fans ever. I won tickets to Brett Favre's return to Lameblow and took him. We had the best time even though we kicked their azzes.. Rest in Peace Dave...
ONE HORRIBLE DISEASE AND NO CURE AND NO IDEA HOW YOU CONTRACT IT...

VikingMike
11-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Glad you posted this here BLV, where it belongs. I posted a link in The Clubhouse. I have fond memories of Orlando Thomas, 9 INT's his rookie year. ALS is such a debilitating disease, but he apparently cherished the days after he was diagnosed in 2007 and lived them with dignity. R.I.P., and prayers for his loved ones.

purplehelmut
11-10-2014, 04:00 PM
A great Viking. Prayers for him and his family. RIP Orlando.

MaxVike
11-10-2014, 06:47 PM
RIP Orlando…thoughts and prayers for you and your family. You were a great Viking on and off the field.

Tad7
11-10-2014, 08:02 PM
So sad, what an awful disease.

He was probably suffering towards the end so I truly hope he's resting in peace.