PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Adrian Peterson will plead guilty to Class A misde

Purp1eOne
11-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Adrian Peterson will plead guilty to Class A misdemeanor

Share on facebook (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27265406/adrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor#)
Share on twitter (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27265406/adrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor#)
Share on gmail (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=300&winname=addthis&pub=ra-50b7fd2c42eec8fc&source=tbx-300&lng=en-US&s=gmail&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myfoxtwincities.com%2Fstory%2F27265406%2Fadrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor&title=Adrian%20Peterson%20will%20plead%20guilty%20to%20Class%20A%20misdemeanor%20-%20KMSP-TV&ate=AT-ra-50b7fd2c42eec8fc/-/-/5458e02a180b25aa/2/518a4ecf2c57149f&frommenu=1&uid=518a4ecf2c57149f&ufbl=1&ct=1&pre=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FqOEy1B86HA&tt=0&captcha_provider=nucaptcha)
Share on email (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27265406/adrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor#)
Share on print (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27265406/adrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor#)
More Sharing Services (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27265406/adrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor#)

Posted: Nov 04, 2014 7:22 AM CST Updated: Nov 04, 2014 7:54 AM CST by Fox 9 staff

http://KMSP.images.worldnow.com/images/5526071_G.jpg (http://KMSP.images.worldnow.com/images/5526071_G.jpg)

HOUSTON (KMSP) - Sources tell Fox 26 News in Houston that Adrian Peterson will plead guilty Tuesday to a Class A misdemeanor assault charge in his child abuse case. The plea deal is a move that could pave the way for his return to the Minnesota Vikings this season.
A source told Fox 26 that Peterson and his legal team were informed the plea deal is acceptable to the NFL and opens the door for his return to Vikings this season. The source said a leak of the deal likely came from the NFL offices, as Peterson and attorney Rusty Hardin have been in constant contact with the league to provide updates on the case.

What week Peterson could return is unknown. This plea deal is expected to include probation.

Peterson was facing up to two years in prison if convicted, but legal experts said both sides have good reason to reach a plea deal. For prosecutors, it's two reasons:

1. Corporal punishment is very subjective
2. Prosecutors didn't get along with the judge in this case. They even tried to have the judge removed from the case at a recusal hearing, but the motion was denied. They believe this judge has a bias against the district attorney's office.
For Adrian Peterson, this deal looks like it will accelerate his return to the Vikings. Peterson has now missed 8 games so far this season, and has been paid close to $700,000 per week while being on the commissioner's exempt list.

BadlandsVikings
11-04-2014, 09:34 AM
If they left him play, I predict it will be the last three games

Purp1eOne
11-04-2014, 09:50 AM
2014 Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson to Plead Guilty to Class A Misdemeanor November 4, 2014, by Arif Hasan (http://vikingsterritory.com/author/ahasan) No comments yet (http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/analysis/2014-minnesota-vikings-adrian-peterson-to-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor#comments)
According to My Fox Twin Cities (http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27265406/adrian-peterson-will-plead-guilty-to-class-a-misdemeanor), Adrian Peterson will plead guilty to a Class A Misdemeanor in Montgomery County, as previously reported by Adam Schefter. The most important part of the report as it regards the Minnesota Vikings and his playing time:

A source told Fox 26 that Peterson and his legal team were informed the plea deal is acceptable to the NFL and opens the door for his return to Vikings this season.
In this case, the plea deal is expected to include probation. In Texas a Class A Misdemeanor carries maximum penalties that include any combination of a one-year sentence in jail, a $4000 fine and/or probation.
If the plea deal is “acceptable to the NFL” per the Fox report, then his suspension could be minimal or even nonexistent, which would counter reports that he would inevitably face suspension from the league (http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/off-the-field-issues/2014-minnesota-vikings-district-attorney-denied-motion-to-recuse-judge-in-adrian-peterson-trial).

As a reminder, the NFL does not even need a conviction to suspend a player, so long as the established facts of the case support a violation of the conduct policy—a category of offense that gives the commissioner full authority over punishment (and therefore would be subject to minimal pushback from the NFLPA or Peterson). Many of these plea deals reduce the charge to base assault, and would remove any mention of a child.
Whether or not the NFL would consider missed games as “time served”—a common term used when discussing Peterson’s NFL case—remains to be seen, but fining games he already missed could cause some issues with the way the CBA has been designed and with privileges Peterson may have already had access to.
More news as the story progresses.

rockymtdan
11-04-2014, 09:58 AM
"Peterson and his legal team were informed the plea deal is acceptable to the NFL "

Sounds like the NFL is the Judge and jury.
He will be convicted of a misdemeanor and get punished as a felon by the NFL. When have you heard of anyone else in the NFL getting anything like 10 or 12 game suspension for a misdemeanor?
Prosecutors always pile on the charges so they have more leverage in the plea bargaining process. I'm sure this will remain very polarized as to much or nowhere near enough. It is easy to predict that the NFL's punishment will be excessive ( my opinion of excessive) in this case to avoid condemnation from the media.

bleedpurple
11-04-2014, 11:12 AM
"Peterson and his legal team were informed the plea deal is acceptable to the NFL "

Sounds like the NFL is the Judge and jury.
He will be convicted of a misdemeanor and get punished as a felon by the NFL. When have you heard of anyone else in the NFL getting anything like 10 or 12 game suspension for a misdemeanor?
Prosecutors always pile on the charges so they have more leverage in the plea bargaining process. I'm sure this will remain very polarized as to much or nowhere near enough. It is easy to predict that the NFL's punishment will be excessive ( my opinion of excessive) in this case to avoid condemnation from the media.

i hope not. They already put him on the commissioners list as a way to avoid a PR nightmare. I can't see how they suspend him further. So minny either needs to cut him or let him play. the NFLPA will argue in his favor so I don't see how he doesn't return. too bad the trade deadline has passed. I could see a trade to NE.

C Mac D
11-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Who cares.

BadlandsVikings
11-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Who cares.

The blind people who still think he was going to help the Vikings win the Super Bowl

tastywaves
11-04-2014, 11:54 AM
The blind people who still think he was going to help the Vikings win the Super Bowl

What about the blind people that think he makes our team better and therefore a better chance to win the SB. This is not a statement about what AD did and what type of punishment he should get, this is strictly an opinion of what he brings as a football player.

C Mac D
11-04-2014, 11:57 AM

Ah, so the same people who think 3rd 'rebuilding phase' of the Wilf era is the charm? Gotcha...

BadlandsVikings
11-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Ah, so the same people who think 3rd 'rebuilding phase' of the Wilf era is the charm? Gotcha...

They would be the same people who think the Wilfs are good owners, and don't think Zygi is Groucho Marx in disguise

kingpin9995
11-04-2014, 01:02 PM

The Vikings with Peterson this year would be easily 5-4 or 6-3. Without him they have had to rely on a rook qb with a rook running back. Bridgewater would have been better and Peterson would have gotten the respect of defenses and Bridgewater would have been much more comfortable running the offense. The NFL is a watered down mediocre league that does not need a great team to get near a Superbowl . Peterson makes a huge difference the Vikings. Don't you know anything about football? Not to worry though Dr. Death Godell will be forced to put the hammer to Peterson with at least 4 games suspended unless the players association can work some magic. With the defense the Vikings have and Peterson there to manage the game for Bridgewater and his threat of taking it to the house on any play how can you say anything but he makes a huge difference on this teams success.

C Mac D
11-04-2014, 01:19 PM
The Vikings with Peterson this year would be easily 5-4 or 6-3. Without him they have had to rely on a rook qb with a rook running back. Bridgewater would have been better and Peterson would have gotten the respect of defenses and Bridgewater would have been much more comfortable running the offense. The NFL is a watered down mediocre league that does not need a great team to get near a Superbowl . Peterson makes a huge difference the Vikings. Don't you know anything about football? Not to worry though Dr. Death Godell will be forced to put the hammer to Peterson with at least 4 games suspended unless the players association can work some magic. With the defense the Vikings have and Peterson there to manage the game for Bridgewater and his threat of taking it to the house on any play how can you say anything but he makes a huge difference on this teams success.

Maybe, but you have no idea what our record would be with Peterson. I try not to argue in hypotheticals. It's pointless.

Also, we've had Peterson since 2007... we've been to zero Super Bowls.

BadlandsVikings
11-04-2014, 01:22 PM

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day

tastywaves
11-04-2014, 02:42 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day

Guess Charlie Brown had it all wrong.

kingpin9995
11-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Maybe, but you have no idea what our record would be with Peterson. I try not to argue in hypotheticals. It's pointless.

Also, we've had Peterson since 2007... we've been to zero Super Bowls.

Name the great qb's he played with? YOu have to have someone at least capable of running an offense.

As for hypotheticals you guys crack me up. YOu all know that we' d have two more wins. In our losses we could not move the ball a snot. Tell me Peterson would not have had a few game changing runs to make the difference in those games. Tell me Teddy would have had his ass blitzed off for three straight weeks with AD back there. Big fuking deal.. the guy made a mistake. Are you all now part of this liberal whack jobs that feel you make a mistake once you should have your career taken from you? He's going to pay more than you make in a lifetime in fines.. Get over it and lets get on with football instead of this state's obsession with bullshit like a teams mascot name ... whether some birds are gonna die hitting the new glass..... whether we should re elect Al FUKING FRANKEN ... REALLY... or whether Jesse the Body Ventura as .... PFFFT

BadlandsVikings
11-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Name the great qb's he played with? YOu have to have someone at least capable of running an offense.

As for hypotheticals you guys crack me up. YOu all know that we' d have two more wins. In our losses we could not move the ball a snot. Tell me Peterson would not have had a few game changing runs to make the difference in those games. Tell me Teddy would have had his ass blitzed off for three straight weeks with AD back there. Big fuking deal.. the guy made a mistake. Are you all now part of this liberal whack jobs that feel you make a mistake once you should have your career taken from you? He's going to pay more than you make in a lifetime in fines.. Get over it and lets get on with football instead of this state's obsession with bullshit like a teams mascot name ... whether some birds are gonna die hitting the new glass..... whether we should re elect Al FUKING FRANKEN ... REALLY... or whether Jesse the Body Ventura as .... PFFFT

The games aren't played on paper. With your logic Gary Anderson actually beat the Falcons and his missed field goal didn't happen. Things happen. I think your mom fed you paint chips as a child but I can only assume

thejck
11-04-2014, 04:45 PM
From a Vikings perspectives I would be pissed if he was further suspended for additional games that the last 8 that he has not been allowed to participate in.

It would mean that we had to pay him for 8 games and not be able to use him and now we cant use him for an additional amount of games.
if we are going to pay the man then we better get some use out of him and play him is all I can say. There are plenty of PR ways to get around keeping him on the team without making it look like we dont care about children.

kingpin9995
11-04-2014, 04:55 PM
The games aren't played on paper. With your logic Gary Anderson actually beat the Falcons and his missed field goal didn't happen. Things happen. I think your mom fed you paint chips as a child but I can only assume

Foolish comparison. The Vikings were without the focal point of their offense dummy! Do you wonder why they have struggled on offense dummy? Do you wonder why the offensive line looks so bad dummy? Do you actually know anything about the NFL dummy? Do you really think in 8 games , two we lost by a hair that AD would not have had an impact dummy? Do you really believe that dummy? Go march with the Audummybond society to save the birds. Or maybe a walk down main with Cochese to ban that horrible name the Redskins. Oh and don't forget to boo AD when he comes back . We all know he should have been hung and never allowed to live life again after his mistake....

rockymtdan
11-04-2014, 05:10 PM

Mom didn't feed us paint chips. Santa left them on the window sill for us....PFFFT. and they weren't the cheap latex ones they wear lead and we had visions of sugar plumbs. My childhood was great.

BadlandsVikings
11-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Foolish comparison. The Vikings were without the focal point of their offense dummy! Do you wonder why they have struggled on offense dummy? Do you wonder why the offensive line looks so bad dummy? Do you actually know anything about the NFL dummy? Do you really think in 8 games , two we lost by a hair that AD would not have had an impact dummy? Do you really believe that dummy? Go march with the Audummybond society to save the birds. Or maybe a walk down main with Cochese to ban that horrible name the Redskins. Oh and don't forget to boo AD when he comes back . We all know he should have been hung and never allowed to live life again after his mistake....

Peterson played last year and they went 5-10-1. They look bad because they can't block. I've been following the NFL for 30 years so I know plenty. I won't march because I'm lazy and I'm anti bird. I won't March down Main Street because I hate PC crap. I won't boo Peterson.....and your mother says hi

kingpin9995
11-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Peterson played last year and they went 5-10-1. They look bad because they can't block. I've been following the NFL for 30 years so I know plenty. I won't march because I'm lazy and I'm anti bird. I won't March down Main Street because I hate PC crap. I won't boo Peterson.....and your mother says hi

Save a few lead based paint chips for me mom... In a family of 10 kids you had to fight for every meal...

JPPT1974
11-04-2014, 09:54 PM
IMHO he won't be back for 2014 in an uniform. But beyond that, who knows? As only he can change that.

kingpin9995
11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
IMHO he won't be back for 2014 in an uniform. But beyond that, who knows? As only he can change that.

The Vikings have only two choices when Peterson gets reinstated which he will before season end. They either have to put him back on the roster or they have to release him. There is no in between. The trade deadline is gone and those are the only two options for them. They would be fools to release him. Everyone knows he wants Dallas to be his new home. AP and Jones were not talking by mistake a while back. Vikings will keep him and then trade him before next season to Dallas. If they release him I'm done watching VIking football... Hell I barely watch it now.. DVR is a great thing.

Tad7
11-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Any chance of Peterson going to Dallas is gone. Demarco Murray is playing unbelievable in a contract year and Dez Bryant is also getting a new contract this offseason. Even if he's a free agent, he's not going to play for the money Dallas could offer him.

If the Vikings traded Peterson, another team would have to take on the big money deal and that's not happening.

His best fit is right here in Minnesota until A. he sucks or B. a QB has to be paid QB money

BadlandsVikings
11-05-2014, 09:43 AM
If they release him I'm done watching VIking football... Hell I barely watch it now.. DVR is a great thing.

You're not a true fan

rockymtdan
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM

I would be one of those. I like where this team is going and maybe just maybe they got it right.

C Mac D
11-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Love it... every time you respond you just make my opinion look that much smarter. Thank you for that. What does this have anything to do with politics or Al Franken? Haha... ridiculous.

What I'm saying is that it's silly to assume we would be 6-3 with Peterson in the lineup... at this point last year we were 3-6 with Peterson in the lineup. And yes, it was Ponder under center... but through their first 6 starts, Ponder had a better completion percentage (64.2%) than Bridgewater (60.4%). Add to that, Ponder threw 5 TDs against Bridgewater's 3 TDs through their first 6 starts... and Ponder had more yards per attempt (6.96 yards) compared to Bridgewater (6.70 yards)....

So, even though you like to think Ponder is a laughable QB compared to Bridgewater, the facts simply don't back you up. No need to run around name calling, just do a little research and educate yourself.

C Mac D
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Also, Vikings are currently 8th in the league in rushing yards and 5th in rushing TDs... so it's not like defenses can completely ignore our rushing attack without Peterson.

rockymtdan
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
i hope not. They already put him on the commissioners list as a way to avoid a PR nightmare. I can't see how they suspend him further. So minny either needs to cut him or let him play. the NFLPA will argue in his favor so I don't see how he doesn't return. too bad the trade deadline has passed. I could see a trade to NE.

I have not read the CBA but I gotta believe it has some kind of limiting power over GODall.
To be honest can Goodell do his job solely to protect the (so Called) integrity of the NFL or is his hand controlled by owners and the NFLPA.
The pendulum has swung far enough, is this the situation that brings it back to a better balance. My opinion is 8 games missed is enough (surrender 4 game checks or so) and reinstate him now. The timing is about right with 2 weeks to let everyone calm down. I have been a bit fickle about how they should handle this but I just want him back on the field in purple. NO trades and cutting him would just be a stupid PC move and he would be playing somewhere anyway.

Suick
11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
NO trades and cutting him would just be a stupid PC move and he would be playing somewhere anyway.

Phuckin Aye

If he gets 1500 yds, I'd put Ray Rice in the back field or Osam Bin Laden..........or Hitler.:crazy:

kingpin9995
11-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Love it... every time you respond you just make my opinion look that much smarter. Thank you for that. What does this have anything to do with politics or Al Franken? Haha... ridiculous.

What I'm saying is that it's silly to assume we would be 6-3 with Peterson in the lineup... at this point last year we were 3-6 with Peterson in the lineup. And yes, it was Ponder under center... but through their first 6 starts, Ponder had a better completion percentage (64.2%) than Bridgewater (60.4%). Add to that, Ponder threw 5 TDs against Bridgewater's 3 TDs through their first 6 starts... and Ponder had more yards per attempt (6.96 yards) compared to Bridgewater (6.70 yards)....

So, even though you like to think Ponder is a laughable QB compared to Bridgewater, the facts simply don't back you up. No need to run around name calling, just do a little research and educate yourself.

Can you say Leslie Frasier and Billy Musgrave? Now go on the other side of the ball my friend.. Go to your stat book and show me the defense numbers last year through half the season. Ponder had Peterson in his backfield and still could do nothing. Are you going to tell me with a healthy Peterson that Bridewater's numbers would not be much better than having a battering ram in Asiata and a RAW rookie learning on the fly. You just don't know the game son ... This team with Peterson in the backfield was a bonifide contender for a palyoff appearance. They made 4-5 without the best running back in football by far and an offense that Turner was molding around Adrian and it got derailed.

C Mac D
11-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Can you say Leslie Frasier and Billy Musgrave? Now go on the other side of the ball my friend.. Go to your stat book and show me the defense numbers last year through half the season. Ponder had Peterson in his backfield and still could do nothing. Are you going to tell me with a healthy Peterson that Bridewater's numbers would not be much better than having a battering ram in Asiata and a RAW rookie learning on the fly. You just don't know the game son ... This team with Peterson in the backfield was a bonifide contender for a palyoff appearance. They made 4-5 without the best running back in football by far and an offense that Turner was molding around Adrian and it got derailed.

Haha... the excuses keep flowing.

Whatever, believe what you want. Your lack of understanding is entertaining, to say the least.

The fact is we're 4-5 and there's no knowing what we would be with Peterson running the ball... and Bridgewater's development would probably not be that much different. But whatever, you exist in your world of hypotheticals.

kingpin9995
11-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Haha... the excuses keep flowing.

Whatever, believe what you want. Your lack of understanding is entertaining, to say the least.

The fact is we're 4-5 and there's no knowing what we would be with Peterson running the ball... and Bridgewater's development would probably not be that much different. But whatever, you exist in your world of hypotheticals.

Giggle... Bridgewater's developement would probably not be that much different.... Really? What a foolish statement. That right dere tells me alot about your football IQ... Go ask defenses around the league if a back like Peterson makes a qb better .... lol... Go get me a beer.

C Mac D
11-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Giggle... Bridgewater's developement would probably not be that much different.... Really? What a foolish statement. That right dere tells me alot about your football IQ... Go ask defenses around the league if a back like Peterson makes a qb better .... lol... Go get me a beer.

Okay... prove it.

Did he make Ponder better?

Did he make Jackson better?

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Adrian Peterson camp hopeful NFL will expedite returnhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000423532/article/adrian-peterson-camp-hopeful-nfl-will-expedite-return

Tad7
11-06-2014, 08:40 AM
The NFL rejected an attempt by Adrian Peterson's camp for immediate reinstatement following his plea agreement on Tuesday and refused to engage in discussions regarding a settlement over his playing status, two sources informed of the discussions told FOX Sports.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-rejected-adrian-peterson-s-immediate-reinstatement-following-plea-deal-110514

Doesn't sound good if you were hoping to see him play in 2 Sundays...but we'll see

kingpin9995
11-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Okay... prove it.

Did he make Ponder better?

Did he make Jackson better?

Is either one playing on Sundays? Did you happen to see Ponder in his one start this season? Like I said you have to have a qb that can actually play in the NFL.. Teddy can play.. Ponder and T joke .... well.... you get it...

raptorman
11-06-2014, 09:30 AM
There are several things people need to think about.

1. With a plea deal. What does the NFL use to justify the suspension time? This is important because a lot of what we know is from leaked grand jury testimony. Does the NFL use that? Or, do they use just the information they received from the prosecutor?

2. Whatever the suspension is, does it fall in line with the new rules, or the old rules? The timing of the incident and the way it all came out just after the Ray Rice deal makes this a very slippery slope for the NFL. They need to have a balance between what is fair and what is just. Since before this comes to fruition, I suspect that they will lose the Ray Rice appeal.

3. The suspension will set a precedent for future suspensions. To much or to little time can come back and bite them in the future.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 09:34 AM
There are several things people need to think about.

1. With a plea deal. What does the NFL use to justify the suspension time? This is important because a lot of what we know is from leaked grand jury testimony. Does the NFL use that? Or, do they use just the information they received from the prosecutor?

2. Whatever the suspension is, does it fall in line with the new rules, or the old rules? The timing of the incident and the way it all came out just after the Ray Rice deal makes this a very slippery slope for the NFL. They need to have a balance between what is fair and what is just. Since before this comes to fruition, I suspect that they will lose the Ray Rice appeal.

3. The suspension will set a precedent for future suspensions. To much or to little time can come back and bite them in the future.

Fuhrer Goodell will give him as much time as he can since he got backlash for his first Ray Rice suspension

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Is either one playing on Sundays? Did you happen to see Ponder in his one start this season? Like I said you have to have a qb that can actually play in the NFL.. Teddy can play.. Ponder and T joke .... well.... you get it...

So no, you can't prove it.

And while neither Jackson nor Ponder are starters in this league, doesn't that contradict your statement that Peterson helps QB's develop? Didn't you say he "opens up the passing game..." hahaha... your simple, childish viewpoints are amusing.

You also seem to ignore the fact that Ponder had a better completion percentage, more YPA, and more TDs through his first six starts last season... but whatever. I understand that you don't have anything to back-up your flimsy opinions.

thejck
11-06-2014, 10:17 AM

And yes, I did see Ponder start this season... so he apparently is still playing in the NFL. You contradict yourself.

You also seem to ignore the fact that Ponder had a better completion percentage, more YPA, and more TDs through his first six starts last season... but whatever. I understand that you don't have anything to back-up your flimsy opinions.

If ponder had better stats through the first 6 games last year playing with AP wouldn't that kinda proove his point that AP makes a QB better?

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 10:24 AM
If ponder had better stats through the first 6 games last year playing with AP wouldn't that kinda proove his point that AP makes a QB better?

Ponder had better stats than Bridgewater, but they were still awful... unless you think averaging 6.9 YPA was good... or throwing 5 TDs and 7 INTs.

Currently, Bridgewater is averaging 6.7 YPA with 3 TDs and 5 INTs.

Neither are good.

People don't like looking at the numbers before they post on these boards. You should all take some time and educate yourselves.

12purplepride28
11-06-2014, 10:50 AM

And while neither Jackson nor Ponder are starters in this league, doesn't that contradict your statement that Peterson helps QB's develop? Didn't you say he "opens up the passing game..." hahaha... your simple, childish viewpoints are amusing.

Is your argument really that having a top 3 RB of all time doesn't have any effect on how a QB plays or develops?

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Is your argument really that having a top 3 RB of all time doesn't have any effect on how a QB plays or develops?

And so far that theory stands true. Name one QB we've drafted that has turned into a legit starter.

And mind you, this all started because kingpin9995 said we'd automatically be 6-3 if Peterson had played all year... which is just a silly concept. We were 3-6 through 9 games last season with Peterson in the lineup. One person does not make a football team. Some people have a tough time realizing this.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 10:59 AM
And so far that theory stands true. Name one QB we've drafted that has turned into a legit starter..

Not many.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_starting_quarterbacks

tarkenton10
11-06-2014, 11:03 AM

Bridgewater is still a rookie, there is a learning curve.

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Bridgewater hasn't started 6 games, what are you trying to compare?

Bridgewater went in during the 2nd quarter and got 20 attempts... essentially a full game workload. You can subtract that game if you want, the only thing it does is hurt Bridgewater's completion %, considering he didn't throw any TDs or INTs.

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Not many.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_starting_quarterbacks

But yeah... having Peterson in the backfield magically makes QB's develop into playoff caliber players.

Sometimes I have to wonder if the people on these boards have been paying attention for the past 7 years.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 11:14 AM
But yeah... having Peterson in the backfield magically makes QB's develop into playoff caliber players.

Sometimes I have to wonder if the people on these boards have been paying attention for the past 7 years.

Their hard on for Peterson makes paying attention to what's actually happening difficult

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Bridgewater is still a rookie, there is a learning curve.

I honestly hope so. I'd like nothing more than to see Bridgewater turn into a legit QB... but history tells a different story, both the Vikings QB history and our GM's success at drafting QBs throughout his career.

This chips are stacked against Bridgewater for sure.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 11:20 AM
I honestly hope so. I'd like nothing more than to see Bridgewater turn into a legit QB... but history tells a different story, both the Vikings QB history and our GM's success at drafting QBs throughout his career.

This chips are stacked against Bridgewater for sure.

Agreed....27 starters since Tarkenton retired doesn't cut it

tarkenton10
11-06-2014, 11:29 AM
I didn't think he pled guilty to a misdemeanor? I thought he pled no contest, much different, am I wrong?

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 11:33 AM
I didn't think he pled guilty to a misdemeanor? I thought he pled no contest, much different, am I wrong?

Too bad Cajun is dead, he'd be able to explain lawyer gibberish

tarkenton10
11-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Too bad Cajun is dead, he'd be able to explain lawyer gibberish
Cajun is dead, really?

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Cajun is dead, really?

its just an assumption, he doesn't answer texts or emails anymore

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 11:43 AM

Pleading no contest is essentially a guilty plea. Not much difference.

tarkenton10
11-06-2014, 11:46 AM
its just an assumption, he doesn't answer texts or emails anymore

I used to talk to Cajun quite a bit and I remember he said he wouldn't post until another person was kicked off PPO. They got into some kind of argument, so I thought he just quit posting because the other person was still on here. I forget who it was now.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 11:48 AM
I used to talk to Cajun quite a bit and I remember he said he wouldn't post until another person was kicked off PPO. They got into some kind of argument, so I thought he just quit posting because the other person was still on here. I forget who it was now.

Zeus

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Zeus

I remember that...

tarkenton10
11-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Pleading no contest is essentially a guilty plea. Not much difference.

Pleading no contest is different, it is not an admission of guilt for commission of the crime. The judge, however proceeds as if he is guilty and Peterson will not fight the proceeding. Peterson never admitted guilt in the misdemeanor charge.

tastywaves
11-06-2014, 11:52 AM

Yes, he pleaded no contest.

Essentially that means he agreed to a plea deal of a misdemeanor for a lesser charge of reckless assault. He will be put on probation for 2 years and if he meets those terms, then the charge does not go on his record. If he was found guilty the charge would go on his record.

In terms of being reinstated. I think that will happen fairly soon. My guess is they are looking for the right spin to put on it which will likely include some sort of awareness campaign by AD.

tarkenton10
11-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Yes, he pleaded no contest.

Essentially that means he agreed to a plea deal of a misdemeanor for a lesser charge of reckless assault. He will be put on probation for 2 years and if he meets those terms, then the charge does not go on his record. If he was found guilty the charge would go on his record.

In terms of being reinstated. I think that will happen fairly soon. My guess is they are looking for the right spin to put on it which will likely include some sort of awareness campaign by AD.

I agree, I think they are debating if he should lose more time, which I don't think they will for a "no contest" plea to misdemeanor. I think you will see some AD ads real quick so the Wilf's can say he is trying to redeem himself.

kingpin9995
11-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Do you belived Tjoke or Ponder are starting qb material in the NFL? Do you believe that Bridgewater is? I still remember the Chicago Bears game on a Monday night when Ponder was starting and Steve Young was pleading at halftime to be able to put on a VIking uniform and play qb the second half. He talked about what a dream scenerio it was to be playing against a defense that the Bears were putting on Ponder that night. He was pretty much saying Ponder was incompetent to even be out on the field. You will see what happens if AP is reinstated and see how Bridgewater flourishes. If he comes back for the remainder of the season the Vikngs have a very good shot at making a playoff run. Without AP they have none..

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Do you belived Tjoke or Ponder are starting qb material in the NFL? Do you believe that Bridgewater is? I still remember the Chicago Bears game on a Monday night when Ponder was starting and Steve Young was pleading at halftime to be able to put on a VIking uniform and play qb the second half. He talked about what a dream scenerio it was to be playing against a defense that the Bears were putting on Ponder that night. He was pretty much saying Ponder was incompetent to even be out on the field. You will see what happens if AP is reinstated and see how Bridgewater flourishes. If he comes back for the remainder of the season the Vikngs have a very good shot at making a playoff run. Without AP they have none..

Okay, if Peterson is reinstated then Bridgewater will flourish... got it.

(Since so many other QB's have flourished with Peterson in the backfield.)

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 01:50 PM
(Since so many other QB's have flourished with Peterson in the backfield.)

That means Tarvarvis Jackson would still be the QB and would have 4 MVP awards

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 02:06 PM
That means Tarvarvis Jackson would still be the QB and would have 4 MVP awards

Shh... don't try to use logic (or correct grammar) with these people. It's like waking a sleep-walker.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Shh... don't try to use logic (or correct grammar) with these people. It's like waking a sleep-walker.

I will take my chances waking the sleep walkers. I don't like it when they piss in the clothes hamper

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2014, 03:45 PM
NFL continues to drag its feet on Adrian Peterson
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/06/nfl-continues-to-drag-its-feet-on-adrian-peterson/

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 04:01 PM
It's the Vikings bye week... they're in no rush.

The NFL has made such an ass of themselves this year with disciplinary measures that they NEED to get this right... and the right call would be reinstating him now, but fine him 6 of the game checks he earned while on the exempt list.

VikingMike
11-06-2014, 04:25 PM

The NFL has made such an ass of themselves this year with disciplinary measures that they NEED to get this right... and the right call would be reinstating him now, but fine him 6 of the game checks he earned while on the exempt list.

Yeah, Goodell will have to tread very carefully. If he and the NFL hadn't made so many stupid mistakes recently, it would be a done deal with Peterson IMO. But I'm not convinced he'll be reinstated for the remainder of the season, even with the fine...maybe only for the last 3 or 4 games.

tastywaves
11-06-2014, 04:26 PM

I think the commish is still trying to recover from his Ray Rice perjury I mean testimony earlier today.

C Mac D
11-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Yeah, Goodell will have to tread very carefully. If he and the NFL hadn't made so many stupid mistakes recently, it would be a done deal with Peterson IMO. But I'm not convinced he'll be reinstated for the remainder of the season, even with the fine...maybe only for the last 3 or 4 games.

I agree... but to be honest, I don't care. It pains me to say that because Peterson has been one of my favorite Vikings of all time, but if he won't be here next year I'd rather move on with what we have. Let's get the young guys out there and get this offense firing on all cylinders.

MaxVike
11-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Ponder had better stats than Bridgewater, but they were still awful... unless you think averaging 6.9 YPA was good... or throwing 5 TDs and 7 INTs.

Currently, Bridgewater is averaging 6.7 YPA with 3 TDs and 5 INTs.

Neither are good.

People don't like looking at the numbers before they post on these boards. You should all take some time and educate yourselves.

Dude, not sure where the venom is coming from… But, if it's not clear to you that Teddy is a different cat on the field and leading comeback wins, than Ponder, then, I'd like to see your point(s). He's already led 3 4th QTR come from behind victories, without Peterson, Rudolph, a legit #1, injuries on the OLine.

I care about wins, and progress…he's delivering both, so far. What's your major problem????????

Traveling_Vike
11-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Wow, this really got out of hand quickly. Let me see if I can make my own points without resorting to name-calling or other insults.

I don't have to say anything about the no contest plea; that has already been dealt with. However, just for clarity, the plea was to the lesser, misdemeanor offense after the deal had been made, not the original felony charge. Oh, and the punishment given by the court includes not just the $4000 fine (peanuts for AP, true) and two years probation, but also 80 hours of community service and mandated parenting classes.

Now, as to Peterson's impact on Teddy... I actually think that relying too heavily on AP would tend to RETARD a quarterback's development rather than help it. The key word is "development," as in, learning the game and how to play it. If we are talking about performance in general, rather than development, then AP's presence would almost certainly help. But of course, we can't change what has happened or know with any certainty what might have been. Personally, I believe we would have won the Buffalo game with AP in there to help close out the game. Maybe the Lions game too, but I am less positive about that one.

As for Peterson's impending punishment from the league... I am creating a poll thread so that you all can tell me what you think the punishment SHOULD be. Not what it will be, but what is proper for the situation. Please, everyone vote. I really do want to know, and very few if any have actually answered this question.

snowinapril
11-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Now, as to Peterson's impact on Teddy... I actually think that relying too heavily on AP would tend to RETARD a quarterback's development rather than help it. The key word is "development," as in, learning the game and how to play it. If we are talking about performance in general, rather than development, then AP's presence would almost certainly help. But of course, we can't change what has happened or know with any certainty what might have been. Personally, I believe we would have won the Buffalo game with AP in there to help close out the game. Maybe the Lions game too, but I am less positive about that one.

I agree. I was a good thing for Teddy to have played without AP. It is too easy to rely on AP. Teddy got a chance to grow faster than being protected behind the bell cow of the offense.

I would love to see AP come back ASAP to see how Teddy operates with AP in the line up. TB could be surgical on moving the chains.

C Mac D
11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Dude, not sure where the venom is coming from… But, if it's not clear to you that Teddy is a different cat on the field and leading comeback wins, than Ponder, then, I'd like to see your point(s). He's already led 3 4th QTR come from behind victories, without Peterson, Rudolph, a legit #1, injuries on the OLine.

I care about wins, and progress…he's delivering both, so far. What's your major problem????????

No venom, just hoping people come on these boards with informed opinions. I get a lot of slack for saying there's no proof that having Peterson will help Bridgewater develop... I mean, it's hasn't happened with any QB we've had since 2007.

If there was venom, it was probably from being called "dummy" 50 times by kingpin9995, so I apologize for misdirecting it at you.

kingpin9995
11-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Good reply.... DUMMY! giggle

BadlandsVikings
11-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Good reply.... DUMMY! giggle
:flame:

MaxVike
11-07-2014, 10:45 PM
No venom, just hoping people come on these boards with informed opinions. I get a lot of slack for saying there's no proof that having Peterson will help Bridgewater develop... I mean, it's hasn't happened with any QB we've had since 2007.

If there was venom, it was probably from being called "dummy" 50 times by kingpin9995, so I apologize for misdirecting it at you.

Not at all…we're good. There's really no need to call anyone a "dummy…"

I'm not sure how/if AP will help Teddy. What I am sure of is that a top 10 defense has a tendency to make any QB better, especially if they are causing turnovers.

Skol Vikings!!!

BadlandsVikings
11-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Peterson eligibility sought by NFLPA
Updated: November 9, 2014, 7:20 PM ET
By Chris Mortensen (http://search.espn.go.com/chris-mortensen/) and Adam Schefter (http://search.espn.go.com/adam-schefter/) | ESPN

The NFL Players Association sent a letter to the NFL on Friday, calling for the immediate reinstatement of Adrian Peterson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10452/adrian-peterson) per the agreement the sides made for the Minnesota Vikings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings)running back to go on the commissioner's exempt list in September, according to sources.The agreement to place Peterson on the commissioner's exempt list explicitly states that Peterson would be removed from the list upon resolution of his legal matter, sources said. Peterson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11819670/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-enter-plea-lesser-charge-felony-child-abuse-charge-avoid-jail) last week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11846211/nflpa-asks-adrian-peterson-reinstatement

tastywaves
11-10-2014, 11:38 AM
The parody on DN was I think summed it up very well.

They have no clue what they are doing and the sooner Goodell is taken off of the judge and executioner role the better.

kingpin9995
11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
That's just ridiculous to even think a rookie's developement is going better with a rook running back instead of one of the best the game has ever seen.. Ask Teddy how all those extra hits he took feel having to thwo the ball 25 percent more of the time with the rook in there. Ask him if he's better off by run blitzing linebackers and no one to make them pay dearly for it like Peterson, or having to move an extra safety in the box because of Adrian.. Tell me how a young qb is better off. Thats just foolish...

VikingMike
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM

I met Cajun once at the NJ Meadowlands when the Vikings played the Jets in 2010. Great guy, along with Ned and CTV. Cajun drove up in his RV and had some incredible homemade gumbo. It was some serious tailgating, then the lightning and deluge began. It was Moss's first game back and Favre threw his 500th TD pass to him. Sorry Cajun's no longer on the site.

C Mac D
11-11-2014, 09:46 AM
I met Cajun once at the NJ Meadowlands when the Vikings played the Jets in 2010. Great guy, along with Ned and CTV. Cajun drove up in his RV and had some incredible homemade gumbo. It was some serious tailgating, then the lightning and deluge began. It was Moss's first game back and Favre threw his 500th TD pass to him. Sorry Cajun's no longer on the site.

I was at that game too! Wish we had met up.

BadlandsVikings
11-11-2014, 10:52 AM

did you steal his hat and find out if he's bald?

VikingMike
11-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I was at that game too! Wish we had met up.

Oh man, that would have been cool. Cajun made 2 types of gumbo and CTV barbecued game hens. And Ned was running around naked. So much great food and drink. And then that downpour.

VikingMike
11-11-2014, 08:07 PM
did you steal his hat and find out if he's bald?

No, but some asshole Jets fan knocked his hat off his head and it fell to the lower level...but Cajun made his way down and found his hat. And he wasn't bald. Really a cool guy, laid back and very funny.

BadlandsVikings
11-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Adrian Peterson's appeals hearing set for Monday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000427324/article/adrian-petersons-appeals-hearing-set-for-monday

BadlandsVikings
11-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Teammates say Adrian Peterson “can’t wait to play” after Monday’s hearing
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/14/teammates-say-adrian-peterson-cant-wait-to-play-after-mondays-hearing/