PDA

View Full Version : Vikings WON A ROAD GAME Yesterday!

vikesrgreat2
10-27-2014, 09:28 AM
I know that the opponent was not the best team in the NFL. I know that the Vikings are just learning how to be a good team.

BUT, I feel proud to be a Viking fan this morning. I think yesterday's 19-13 overtime road victory in the Florida heat was a crucial stepping stone in the Vikings' progress toward being a tough, competitive team. Already, the defense is really starting to play good football, even though further improvement is obviously needed in some areas. Anthony Barr, in my opinion, is really starting to make his presence known. His strip of Austin Seferian-Jenkins and resulting return for the winning touchdown shows us how great he can become in the future.

And, Teddy Bridgewater, while he didn't "wow" us with his stats, played an efficient game, going 24 for 42 with 1 TD and (more importantly) no interceptions. McKinnon is emerging as a very good RB while Adrian Peterson remains off the field. Patterson is starting to emerge as a prolific WR, and Chase Ford made some good plays in Kyle Rudolph's absence. The defense pitched a shutout for over 3 quarters, though they did seem to "wear down" somewhat in the fourth quarter.

I was also impressed with Michael Mauti's hard tackle on special teams. He really stopped that kick returner in a hurry!

Let's hope the Vikings can beat Washington next Sunday, and go 4-5 into the bye. The needle is pointing skyward for the team. SKOL VIKINGS!

purplehelmut
10-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Any road win outside on grass is a win we'll take no matter who it's against.

raptorman
10-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Well they are 2-3 on the road this year. And they only have 3 road wins left. Chicago, Detroit and Miami. Everything else is a home game.

Traveling_Vike
10-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Well they are 2-3 on the road this year. And they only have 3 road wins left. Chicago, Detroit and Miami. Everything else is a home game.

I hope you are right about all of these, but I'm not going to bet on it. :D