PDA

View Full Version : Don't Panic

ironbrigade
10-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Ok, the team is 2-5. The offense is struggling. Don't panic. We knew the team was rebuilding this year. We know they weren't going to compete for the division. No need to pull your hair out.

The bad. Yes the offense is struggling. We're missing our top tight end, running back, have a rookie quarterback and an offensive line that is hurting. All of that on top of a completely new offense which most teams take a year to get working. If the offense wasn't struggling it would be a surprise at this point.

The good. The defense is playing really well. Despite the fact that we're horribly thin at linebacker after Greenway and Barr and we have serious depth issues in the defensive backfield. If anything I'm most shocked about the defensive line. We're really starting to see that group not just buying into Zimmer's new defensive schemes but embracing them. That group has quickly gone from a question mark to a team strength. With Rhodes, Barr and now Floyd looking to be strong starters for years to come I'm liking this defense.

Bottom line is we knew that with Green Bay, Detroit and Chicago all with strong rosters this was not going to be an easy season. So relax. The future looks good even if the present is a bit rocky.

drakkar
10-20-2014, 04:00 AM
Not sure how many coaches can lose their starting QB,RB, TE, RG and slot WR, and still have a great offense. We are down to 2 healthy OL and they are struggling just a little bit. Have to keep things in perspective here, yes they are struggling but that has to be expected with all the losses they've had to deal with.

kingpin9995
10-20-2014, 07:52 AM
Not sure how many coaches can lose their starting QB,RB, TE, RG and slot WR, and still have a great offense. We are down to 2 healthy OL and they are struggling just a little bit. Have to keep things in perspective here, yes they are struggling but that has to be expected with all the losses they've had to deal with.

That's funny because I seem to remember a team in the Bills with a journeyman qb who's been with the team for about 3 weeks that lost both it's starting and backup running backs and STILL beat the Vikings. I also seem to remember a team back a few years ago in the Peckers who had the most players on IR in the league and won the Super bowl.. Take off the purple glasses .

kingpin9995
10-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Sorry DON'T blame injuries to the O line. This line has sucked for two years and the only thing that hid that problem was Peterson. Wake up . You will fit in nicely with the new stadium in your rented seat for 3 grand and tickets to watch the most boring team in the NFL. I've had more fun watching paint dry than watching this offense. What an embarrassment that they call that an NFL product yesterday with two teams that could not run an offense if it hit them in Kalil's lazy ass.

Purp1eOne
10-20-2014, 08:33 AM
http://www.todayonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image_lightbox/public/18485898.JPG?itok=Nx3o3Gvu

kingpin9995
10-20-2014, 08:46 AM
http://www.todayonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image_lightbox/public/18485898.JPG?itok=Nx3o3Gvu

Wake up son.....