PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson ordered arrested for pot admission

BadlandsVikings
10-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Prosecutors in Montgomery County, Texas, have filed paperwork to have Adrian Peterson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10452/adrian-peterson)'s bail revoked and the running back re-arrested after the Minnesota Vikings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings) running back told a court employee that he had recently smoked marijuana before taking a drug test Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11670621/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-ordered-arrested-pot-admission

vikesrgreat2
10-09-2014, 03:40 PM
If this is true, I hope it was worth it for AD. As one of my co-workers just said, he may have already played his last down in the NFL! :mad:

MaxVike
10-09-2014, 03:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11670621/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-ordered-arrested-pot-admission

Good friggin grief...

EricTheViking
10-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah this has definitely just gotten plain ridiculous. If the ESPN story of severed ties with the Vikings was true or not before it probably is true, for sure, now. I've started to reach the point where I'm just completely done talking about him. Tired of it. Just like we are all tired of having to talk about Ponder. Its a total distraction. Half of the comments on this site, since this all started, have been about Adrian Peterson.

EricTheViking
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
I'd like to add it sure is odd someone can be arrested on hearsay evidence that someone said he said he smoked weed. Now I suppose if he flat out admitted it to an officer of the law then he could be. According to reports he said it to an employee of the testing company

vikesrgreat2
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I'd like to add it sure is odd someone can be arrested on hearsay evidence that someone said he said he smoked weed. Now I suppose if he flat out admitted it to an officer of the law then he could be. According to reports he said it to an employee of the testing company

But WHY would he admit to smoking weed in the first place? Does AD WANT to go to jail?

tastywaves
10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
AD never has been accused of being real bright.

raptorman
10-09-2014, 04:08 PM
The truth will be in the results. If he did, then he is an idiot.

BadlandsVikings
10-09-2014, 04:10 PM
The way things are going, in three years he's either going to be in prison or broke living in a van down by the river

EricTheViking
10-09-2014, 04:11 PM
But WHY would he admit to smoking weed in the first place? Does AD WANT to go to jail?

Good point. He's an idiot. As tasty said:

AD never has been accused of being real bright.

C Mac D
10-09-2014, 05:02 PM
The most the court can do is give him a ticket. This is just getting blown out of proportion. They have no proof of possession and the best they can do is give him a drug test, which he'll probably pass anyway.

The assistant DA is just trying to make a name for himself. Classic Texas whack-job.

rockymtdan
10-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Aaahhh. It is getting easier and easier to say goodby.

C Mac D
10-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Aaahhh. It is getting easier and easier to say goodby.

Weren't you one of the people accusing the Vikings for getting swept up in the media storm surrounding his child abuse case?

But now it's 'easier to say goodbye' because of some pot?

tastywaves
10-09-2014, 06:28 PM
The most the court can do is give him a ticket. This is just getting blown out of proportion. They have no proof of possession and the best they can do is give him a drug test, which he'll probably pass anyway.

The assistant DA is just trying to make a name for himself. Classic Texas whack-job.

He was in the process of getting tested according to the article.

What does Texas have to do with it? The prosecutor is trying to get public opinion against AD to help counter the defenses portrayal. Good move on his part. Pretty sure that attorney's in the "progressive" states would do the same.

rockymtdan
10-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Weren't you one of the people accusing the Vikings for getting swept up in the media storm surrounding his child abuse case?

But now it's 'easier to say goodbye' because of some pot?

It true the NFL and Vikings organization got swept up by the media and they where just shooting from the hip to try and stay ahead of the scrutiny. I was not saying anything about AP in those post. I don't defend him. I have suggested we do what we can to keep him in purple. Those feeling are fading.
The lynch mobs are out in full force and if all this new stuff( the charity fraud,pot smoking) are true I am just left shaking my head. Stupid shit

Tad7
10-09-2014, 08:03 PM
He's an idiot for admitting to smoking weed out of the blue but being an idiot is nothing new for him...still want him back on the team.

purplehelmut
10-09-2014, 08:29 PM
I think any hope of Peterson ever playing for the Vikings again went up in smoke.

MaxVike
10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I think any hope of Peterson ever playing for the Vikings again went up in smoke.

Hopefully Jerome Simpson gave him a discount…:rofl:

TheAnimal93
10-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Zany and wacky behavior lately out of AP. Maybe he needs to go see the wizard.

vikinggreg
10-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Special kind of stupid for a guy that admits to a court worker during a court ordered drug test he smoke a little weed.....or is it part of his legal defense plan....he didn't mean to abuse his son he's just stupid.

Traveling_Vike
10-10-2014, 01:08 AM
I get the impression that he did not realize he would be tested before his court appearance, and when it happened, he knew he would test positive and so admitted it to one of the workers administering the test.

The problem is not so much that he smoked pot, as stupid as that may be, but that he did so while on bail. Bail agreements typically require that you not make any further illegal acts during that time, or bail will be revoked. This is what they are going for here.

OK, so the man is in idiot. So are we all. Or at least those of us who admitted it in that thread....

Maybe he should now state that he was in Colorado at the time he smoked. It isn't illegal there so it would not be a bail violation. Ora crime. Technically. :think:

BadlandsVikings
10-10-2014, 08:15 AM
I get the impression that he did not realize he would be tested before his court appearance, and when it happened, he knew he would test positive and so admitted it to one of the workers administering the test.

The problem is not so much that he smoked pot, as stupid as that may be, but that he did so while on bail. Bail agreements typically require that you not make any further illegal acts during that time, or bail will be revoked. This is what they are going for here.

OK, so the man is in idiot. So are we all. Or at least those of us who admitted it in that thread....

Maybe he should now state that he was in Colorado at the time he smoked. It isn't illegal there so it would not be a bail violation. Ora crime. Technically. :think:

Maybe he can claim its medical because he stil has mental anguish about his knee 💩😜

VikingMike
10-10-2014, 10:36 AM
One thing I've learned about AD through all of his travails is that he's not very intelligent, and I'm being very kind saying it so. This goes way beyond making poor decisions. When you are (were) the face of a major franchise, you have to act in a certain manner on and off the field. Can't say I'm shocked, but just very very disappointed in AD.

tastywaves
10-10-2014, 11:42 AM
One thing I've learned about AD through all of his travails is that he's not very intelligent, and I'm being very kind saying it so. This goes way beyond making poor decisions. When you are (were) the face of a major franchise, you have to act in a certain manner on and off the field. Can't say I'm shocked, but just very very disappointed in AD.

That's why he went to Oklahoma, he couldn't make it in college.

BadlandsVikings
10-10-2014, 11:56 AM
That's why he went to Oklahoma, he couldn't make it in college.

That explains Bob Stoops

purplehelmut
10-10-2014, 01:15 PM
I wonder if such a violation of his bond and revocation of it means that he will have to sit in the hoosegaw for a spell. Or do they rework another bond? Might do him some good to sit in with the father rapers and mother stabbers for awhile.

BadlandsVikings
10-10-2014, 01:27 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/8fe6595b59245c05ff17dc383c4cf9c9.jpg

Minniman
10-10-2014, 08:04 PM
He was in the process of getting tested according to the article.

What does Texas have to do with it? The prosecutor is trying to get public opinion against AD to help counter the defenses portrayal. Good move on his part. Pretty sure that attorney's in the "progressive" states would do the same.
While I agree many prosecutors would do that, I have to ask how many progressive states are left. Vermont and what else?

In any case, Adrian Peterson is in a downward spiral that is self inflicted.

Minniman
10-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Unless the Feds had anything to do with it.

In any case, telling a lie at this point would not be in his best interest.

singersp
10-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Doesn't matter where he smoked it, it's still against NFL policy. People can't grasp that. Steroids aren't illegal either, but the NFL has strict policies against PED's.

rockymtdan
10-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Doesn't matter where he smoked it, it's still against NFL policy. People can't grasp that. Steroids aren't illegal either, but the NFL has strict policies against PED's.

Well this is not an NFL court room, if he where in Colo. he would not be braking the law, but most likely the bond would have its own language regarding usage.

Traveling_Vike
10-11-2014, 03:46 PM

Since we are talking about a legal issue here, regarding his breaking a bail agreement with the state of Texas, it sure as hell does matter. NFL policy does not dictate what can be held against a player in a legal situation such as this. He can be held accountable by the league, but not by the court.

However, my statement before was mostly facetious in any case. I would not advise him to lie about this, or anything else.

battleaxe4cheese
10-11-2014, 06:14 PM
What an imbecile. No wonder he can't figure out protections and blocking schemes. I'm tired of idiots on this team. Release this moron.

singersp
10-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Well this is not an NFL court room, if he where in Colo. he would not be braking the law, but most likely the bond would have its own language regarding usage.

Since we are talking about a legal issue here, regarding his breaking a bail agreement with the state of Texas, it sure as hell does matter. NFL policy does not dictate what can be held against a player in a legal situation such as this. He can be held accountable by the league, but not by the court.

However, my statement before was mostly facetious in any case. I would not advise him to lie about this, or anything else.

Nope it doesn't matter at all. You both are missing the point. That point being AD IS NOT supposed to be smoking pot at all because he is under contract in the NFL & it's against there policy.

Legal or illegal, under a bond or not, he isn't supposed to be smoking weed. Not only was he stupid for smoking it & breaking the NFL drug policy, he was even more stupid for doing it while he was out on bond and I doubt there's any bond policies out there in the state of Texas that states, "by all means, feel free to smoke pot while you're out on bond".

He can be held accountable by the league & also by the court for violating the bond restrictions.

So, in addition to what he faces legally in the state of Texas, the NFL can come back at him for it too. He definitely shouldn't be on paid suspension.

He knew he was doing wrong, he'd have to know that, but I'm sure he's thinking, "Hey, I'm AD & I should be able to get away with things" [Like he has in the past]

BadlandsVikings
10-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Adrian Peterson to face jail after marijuana admission?

esota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson could be facing a week in jail after allegedly admitting last week to smoking

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/10/14/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-marijuana-admission/17250655/

raptorman
10-16-2014, 12:24 PM
If Peterson was a "weed" smoker, he probably wouldn't have punished his kid with switch.

tastywaves
10-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Nope it doesn't matter at all. You both are missing the point. That point being AD IS NOT supposed to be smoking pot at all because he is under contract in the NFL & it's against there policy.

Legal or illegal, under a bond or not, he isn't supposed to be smoking weed. Not only was he stupid for smoking it & breaking the NFL drug policy, he was even more stupid for doing it while he was out on bond and I doubt there's any bond policies out there in the state of Texas that states, "by all means, feel free to smoke pot while you're out on bond".

He can be held accountable by the league & also by the court for violating the bond restrictions.

So, in addition to what he faces legally in the state of Texas, the NFL can come back at him for it too. He definitely shouldn't be on paid suspension.

He knew he was doing wrong, he'd have to know that, but I'm sure he's thinking, "Hey, I'm AD & I should be able to get away with things" [Like he has in the past]

Does this mean your giving up your president title in the AD fan club?

BadlandsVikings
10-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Adrian Peterson's lawyer files motion opposing judge's recusal

http://www.startribune.com/local/279467852.html

tastywaves
10-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Adrian Peterson's lawyer files motion opposing judge's recusal

http://www.startribune.com/local/279467852.html

Hardin called the state’s motion “a tale of sound and fury, one that is, by turns, long on vitriol and ad hominem attacks, but tellingly short on legal analysis, and utterly silent on legal authority.”

Whooeee, that is a lot of fancy talk right there..Apparently the DA hasn't done real well with this judge and Rusty has....

BadlandsVikings
10-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Judge will hear Adrian Peterson case
Updated: October 22, 2014, 6:07 PM ET
Associated Press

CONROE, Texas -- A prosecution request to remove the judge handling the felony child abuse case against Minnesota Vikings (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-vikings) star Adrian Peterson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10452/adrian-peterson) was denied on Wednesday.
Montgomery County state District Judge Kelly Case will continue handling the case following a recusal hearing in which he was accused of being biased against prosecutors. Retired Tarrant County District Judge Jeff Walker, who presided over the recusal hearing, ruled against prosecutors, saying they had not met the high standards required for recusing a judge.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11746528/court-denies-request-remove-judge-minnesota-vikings-rb-adrian-peterson-child-abuse-case

BadlandsVikings
10-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Star attorney will defend Adrian Peterson in child-abuse case

Minnesota Viking Adrian Peterson (http://www.startribune.com/topics/people/adrian-peterson.html)’s Texas attorney is as much an MVP in the courtroom as the running back is on a football field.
In his taupe and gray suits paired with sherbet-colored ties, the mop-topped 73-year-old Rusty Hardin stands out in a crowded courtroom even before he begins speaking in his soothing North Carolina drawl. He’s got a down-home nickname, an easy smile and the demeanor of a friendly Southern gentleman. For his trial opponents, he’s a legal assassin in the guise of an avuncular everyman.

http://www.startribune.com/local/280733432.html

BadlandsVikings
10-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Adrian Peterson’s future remains murky
The trade deadline came and went without any scuttlebutt regarding a possible trade of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4169/adrian-peterson). And for good reason. He continues to be suspended with pay pending the resolution of his current legal issues. Any team trading for him simply would have secured the privilege of paying Peterson $691,117.64 per week to let him not play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/adrian-petersons-future-remains-murky/

tastywaves
10-30-2014, 12:45 PM
The trade deadline came and went without any scuttlebutt regarding a possible trade of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. And for good reason.

Yet they still felt it was worthy of putting out the article.

In other news, DeMarco Murray is expected to start this Sunday due to his production in the previous 8 games. Just in case you were wondering.

rockymtdan
10-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Yet they still felt it was worthy of putting out the article.

In other news, DeMarco Murray is expected to start this Sunday due to his production in the previous 8 games. Just in case you were wondering.

Any word on whether or not A Rod or T Brady will start?

tastywaves
10-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Any word on whether or not A Rod or T Brady will start?

I haven't seen confirmation yet. I'll keep my eye on PFT and you let you know as soon as the story breaks.

BadlandsVikings
10-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Peterson case moves toward November 4 hearing

The Ray Rice (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645/ray-rice) appeal hearing won’t be the only important legal proceeding on the docket for NFL next week. On Tuesday, November 4, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4169/adrian-peterson) will have a pre-trial hearing in Texas on pending felony charges of child abuse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/30/peterson-cases-moves-toward-november-4-hearing/