PDA

View Full Version : Article: 10 Vikings-Lions Numbers of Note

drewlovs
10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Lions-Numbers-of-Note/890490f6-bcf0-4ee6-86f3-07c973e70aa8

These numbers back up my assertion we SHOULD take care of the Lions this Sunday (as long as Teddy is healthy). The Black-n-Blue division always seem to play well at home, which explains the "15 out of 16 games won by the Vikings vs the Lions at home".

tarkenton10
10-09-2014, 10:45 AM
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Lions-Numbers-of-Note/890490f6-bcf0-4ee6-86f3-07c973e70aa8

These numbers back up my assertion we SHOULD take care of the Lions this Sunday (as long as Teddy is healthy). The Black-n-Blue division always seem to play well at home, which explains the "15 out of 16 games won by the Vikings vs the Lions at home".

These lions are a different animal though, they have quite a bit more talent then when we played them in the past. However, we still have a chance because they are still the lions and you never know which team will show up Sunday. You have a very potent offense but you also have Stafford who plays like a HOF QB one Sunday and play like Ryan Leaf the next Sunday.

So when we play the lions I never know if we are going to win by 40 points or get blown out by 40 points. I think the lions just had a heart breaking loss and will be ready to play this week.

My prediction is lions 21-20 over the Vikes.

BadlandsVikings
10-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Lions 21 Vikings 17 (if megaton is still gimpy)

purplehelmut
10-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Naw, if 'Tron is out it takes a major weapon away and takes tremendous pressure off our iffy secondary. If the defense can put pressure on Stafford we can hold their point production down. The Lions have a good defense, first in league in YPG (282.4) and second in PPG(15.8). They average about 19 per game on offense, a stat inflated by the 35 points against the Giants in the first game of the season. Definitely a winnable game for us at home if we play decent defense, put up a few points, and win the turnover ratio. But we can't lay an egg like we did last week.

rockymtdan
10-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Calvin out , Teddy in
Vikings win by 11

tarkenton10
10-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Calvin out , Teddy in
Vikings win by 11

I like your optimism, I wish I could be more optimistic about this year. I am not this year, I am, however, very optimistic that we are going in the right direction and in a few years we will be one of the best teams in the league.

tastywaves
10-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Calvin out , Teddy in
Vikings win by 11

That is a big swing.

I like the way Detroit finds ways to lose games. If Teddy plays like his last start, I like our chances.

Nothing will surprise me though. The NFL is way too unpredictable these days. I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas beats Seattle...as long as they don't have Romo holding for kicks.

Speaking of the Cowboys. I was going through the airport in Denver yesterday and the TSA agent saw I was from Texas so he asked me if I knew what the NFL and Brokeback Mountain have in common....they both have Cowboys that suck. I know inappropriate, but I didn't say it, it was the TSA agent in Denver. He did ask me if I was a Cowboys fan first and thought I would like to take this back with me.

rockymtdan
10-09-2014, 03:59 PM
I like your optimism, I wish I could be more optimistic about this year. I am not this year, I am, however, very optimistic that we are going in the right direction and in a few years we will be one of the best teams in the league.

If 8-8 is optimistic, I am. The AP thing changed it a lot but I feel the new coaches are the best we have had sense Bud Grant,

TheAnimal93
10-09-2014, 04:58 PM
It would be great if the Vikes could get off to a fast start and get CP84 involved early. Score early and often.
Oh, then I woke up.

Purp1eOne
10-10-2014, 10:22 AM
With calvin out most likely and bush not 100% we should be able to keep them under 20 unless we turn the ball over.

But running against that front is going to very tough and Teddy is going to get some pressure put on him. Teddy is going to have to win this game and I think with the injuries the lions have the Vikes win 23 to 17.