PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson to plead not guilty

Tad7
10-07-2014, 08:29 PM
"If the court asks for a plea tomorrow [and we do expect that to happen], it will very definitely be NOT guilty," Flood wrote in an email to ESPN.com on Tuesday. "We hope that a trial date is also discussed but don't yet know how the court's docket is looking."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11657821/attorney-spokesperson-says-adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-plead-not-guilty-child-abuse-charges

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Petersonís lawyer, Rusty Hardin, hopes to emerge from court tomorrow with a December 1 trial date for his child-abuse case in Texas.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/07/peterson-to-push-for-december-1-trial-date/

VikingMike
10-08-2014, 07:49 AM
We shouldn't get our hopes up...this is not going to end quickly, or IMO, well...especially if AD doesn't show some serious remorse for injuring his son.

BadlandsVikings
10-08-2014, 08:05 AM
If December 1 is the date, is there any point in keeping him?

tarkenton10
10-08-2014, 09:34 AM

That depends on whether he is willing to renegotiate his contract. Next year looks to be a better year IMO. We will have another draft and the defense will have been in Zimmer's system for a year. Bridgewater will have a year to learn Norv's system. I think we are going to be a very good team next year and having AP is only going to make us more dangerous.

BadlandsVikings
10-08-2014, 11:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/08/adrian-peterson-trial-date-tentatively-set-for-december-1/

VikingMike
10-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Looks like his attorney will push for an earlier court case, possibly mid-November.

Minniman
10-08-2014, 11:21 AM
We shouldn't get our hopes up...this is not going to end quickly, or IMO, well...especially if AD doesn't show some serious remorse for injuring his son.

http://www.politusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/socialized-emotion.jpg

Minniman
10-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Tentative Peterson trial date set

A tentative date of Dec. 1 has been set for Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to stand trial on a felony child abuse charge, his attorney, Rusty Hardin said Wednesday.

Kevin Jairaj/USA TODAY SportsAdrian Peterson made his first court appearance in Texas on Wednesday since his indictment last month on a felony child abuse charge.

Peterson did not enter a plea to the charge. Hardin's spokeswoman said Tuesday that the running back had planned to plead not guilty if he was asked to enter a plea on Wednesday.

A spokesman for Peterson told ESPN's Michele Steele: "Adrian is going to trial -- he is not looking for a deal."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11664325/tentative-trial-date-december-1-set-adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings

raptorman
10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
He has already stated that he has received counseling for how to deal with punishing his kids in other ways. Although it really has not been reported in the press. Probably because it make his to human. And the press wants to keep him a monster. I do believe he indicated that he did this before the indictment even came down.

kingpin9995
10-08-2014, 04:28 PM
He's finished in Minnesota.. He does not think to this day he did anything wrong. He'll get the jury to agree since they see things different down there. He'll then get suspended because he admitted it even though he will not get convicted. He's done for this year and the Vikings will cut him. It's too bad because with Bridgewater and the read option with Adrian would have been lethal , absolutely lethal. But that's Viking football.. One clusterfuk after another. My prediction is they cut him sooner than later.

EricTheViking
10-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks like his attorney will push for an earlier court case, possibly mid-November.

Or it could be later due to a "joke" the judge made which could cause him to be taken off of the case:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/08/justice/texas-adrian-peterson-child-abuse-hearing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Tad7
10-08-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm not the least bit interested in cutting him.

Either he can be a questionable human and great running back for us or someone else. I want it to be us. He will be an effective starter in the NFL for multiple years to come.

Plus he's got to be learning something from all of this. If he thought he was untouchable before, that feeling should be gone, even if he wins the trial.

Purple Jesus 84
10-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Is it just me, or is it worrisome to anyone else that there is never any updates regarding AD at all on the Vikings site....

RK.
10-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Is it just me, or is it worrisome to anyone else that there is never any updates regarding AD at all on the Vikings site....

Its because its a no win situation for the team to comment. All comments will be seen as either supporting him or not supporting him. Even not commenting will get them criticized but probably not as much as saying something. Staying quiet and letting it play out in court is their best move.

BadlandsVikings
10-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Its because its a no win situation for the team to comment. All comments will be seen as either supporting him or not supporting him. Even not commenting will get them criticized but probably not as much as saying something. Staying quiet and letting it play out in court is their best move.

we probably won't hear anything until he's reinstated or cut because no matter what they will have to hear fan and abuse groups bitch

kingpin9995
10-09-2014, 12:16 PM
He's ancient NFL history. Didn't you notice in the Packer NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME that they would not even say his name when talking abotu Asiata being the starter now. They are avoiding him like Ebola.

tastywaves
10-09-2014, 12:17 PM
He's ancient NFL history. Didn't you notice in the Packer NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME that they would not even say his name when talking abotu Asiata being the starter now. They are avoiding him like Ebola.

I think that actually helps AD for now. The longer he is forgotten about the easier it is for him to climb back.

singersp
10-11-2014, 08:43 AM
He didn't enter a plea. He was probably high at the time.

How does one plead not guilty though, after he already admitted to beating the child?

We need to unload him now, we should have traded him this past offseason when he called up Jerry Jones personally & asked him to bring him to Dallas.

I'm not sure how anyone can condone child abuse & make excuses for a repeat abuser & still support him 100%, just because of who he is.

RK.
10-11-2014, 09:41 AM
How does one plead not guilty though, after he already admitted to beating the child?

He is being charged with felony child abuse. I could be wrong but I think the state has to show he had the intent to abuse the child. I am not sure they will be able to do that. Thats what he will plead not guilty too. I think there is a good chance he will beat that charge.

Also, if he is ok to play for the Cowboys or some other team then he is good enough to play for us.

rockymtdan
10-11-2014, 09:42 AM
I don't see him back in Minny but I believe he will be playing somewhere. Most likely Texas where he can set up charities( without fraud) and do public service work. The irony is great, Texas tares him down then puts in place the step to return to respectability. Maybe a more excepting fan base (considering the offense) and very accepting after his first 200yrd game.
In the end Vikings get the black eye and nothing else. How do we make it right with Odin.

RK.
10-11-2014, 09:55 PM
I don't know that the Min fan base is less accepting. I haven't seen any polls that say the Min fans want to get rid of AP because of this. I know I don't want him to go somewhere else.

singersp
10-11-2014, 10:41 PM
He is being charged with felony child abuse. I could be wrong but I think the state has to show he had the intent to abuse the child. I am not sure they will be able to do that. Thats what he will plead not guilty too. I think there is a good chance he will beat that charge.

Also, if he is ok to play for the Cowboys or some other team then he is good enough to play for us.

Child abuse is child abuse isn't it? Whether on not he intended to abuse the child, the results are that the child still was abused & he's the one who did it.

Or is child abuse legal in some states as long as you claim you didn't "intend" to do it?

People don't get off from DWI charges because they say they didn't intend to drive drunk.

The "intent" part of the child abuse should only be taken into account when doling out the punishment.

singersp
10-11-2014, 11:04 PM
I don't know that the Min fan base is less accepting. I haven't seen any polls that say the Min fans want to get rid of AP because of this. I know I don't want him to go somewhere else.

The fan base wanted Harvin out because he tossed a weight at Childress & dissed Ponder as a QB. I might be in the minority here, but beating a defenseless 4 year old toddler to the extent that he did is far worse than anything Harvin, Simpson, Erin Henderson or even Smoot or the Wizzinator ever did.

Lets not for get it was AD himself, that called up Jerry Jones & asked him to bring him to Dallas. Sure doesn't sound to me like a player who wants to retire a Viking.

VikingMike
10-14-2014, 06:54 PM
For the record, AD entered a not guilty plea, and the judge did not recuse himself.

Adrian Peterson pleads not guilty, awaits hearing (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-10-14/adrian-peterson-not-guilty-plea-child-abuse-charges-drug-test-judge-kelly-case-hardin-trial)

vikinggreg
10-17-2014, 08:37 PM
The fan base wanted Harvin out because he tossed a weight at Childress & dissed Ponder as a QB.And Russell Wilson wanted him gone too.....now he's a Jet