PDA

View Full Version : Worst organization at making moves

gamecocksbaseball31
10-03-2014, 10:32 PM
We are the worst. We drop what I truly believe to be a very raw, but diamond in the rough in Rodney Smith to add Chandler Harnish for one game... Then lose Smith to the Browns. Stupidity at its finest.

Minniman
10-03-2014, 10:40 PM
We are the worst. We drop what I truly believe to be a very raw, but diamond in the rough in Rodney Smith to add Chandler Harnish for one game... Then lose Smith to the Browns. Stupidity at its finest.
With MBT available, why bring in Harnish in the first place.

Smith was good depth, and he played well in preseason.

Purple Jesus 84
10-04-2014, 05:33 AM
It's beyond me. We pretty much just gave him away. DUMB!

vikinggreg
10-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Move over Ditka, trading your entire draft for Rick Williams appears to have been trumped by the waiving of undrafted player that has had 2 special team snaps this season and we were duped by the Browns again, yes they claimed him. The team that nicked our draft pick (by giving us more) to move up a spot to draft a running back that they would convert to a lower first round pick in the near future, trade with us again to steal our cb from under us so we drafted a starting lb, then traded up to save us form Johnny party so we end up with Teddy........fcuk

We need Matt Millen to sort this stuff out.....but I think the Raiders are talking to him

Gawd the Vikes are the worst

:P

Minniman
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Move over Ditka, trading your entire draft for Rick Williams appears to have been trumped by the waiving of undrafted player that has had 2 special team snaps this season and we were duped by the Browns again, yes they claimed him. The team that nicked our draft pick (by giving us more) to move up a spot to draft a running back that they would convert to a lower first round pick in the near future, trade with us again to steal our cb from under us so we drafted a starting lb, then traded up to save us form Johnny party so we end up with Teddy....
I believe the point was that the Vikings lost a player that the team had put time into and that has shown some talent for no other reason than to put a quarterback on the roster for a couple days even though they already had a quarterback on the practice squad.

Whether the Browns picked him up or the Patriots is a moot point.

In the end, it may be just another Hank Baskett type of move and amount to little. Maybe the Vikings thought MBT would not clear waivers going back down to the practice squad, and perhaps MBT is being groomed to replace Ponder as the third string QB next season.

gamecocksbaseball31
10-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I believe the point was that the Vikings lost a player that the team had put time into and that has shown some talent for no other reason than to put a quarterback on the roster for a couple days even though they already had a quarterback on the practice squad.

In the end, it may be just another Hank Baskett type of move and amount to little. Maybe the Vikings thought MBT would not clear waivers going back down to the practice squad, and perhaps MBT is being groomed to replace Ponder as the third string QB next season.

Exactly.... But I guess some people need very explicit instruction on what is being said. Inferencing is hard.

raptorman
10-06-2014, 08:45 AM
I don't see a problem here. The Browns could have signed him off the practice squad at anytime. Same with MBT. Either way he has to be signed to their 53 man roster. The only thing this move gives them is the ability to cut/waive him without keeping him on the roster for 6 games. And if they cut him, and the Vikings really liked him, they can get him back.

Never mind, he was on the 53 not the practice squad.

i_bleed_purple
10-07-2014, 02:39 PM
The vikings signed ANOTHER WR who jumped Smith in the depth chart. If we really liked him, he wouldn't have been cut. It's that simple. They obviously weren't sold on him. Every year there's receivers who look good in preseason, but STILL SUCK. Smith is probably one. He'll likely be out of football in a couple years anyway. People still can't get over cutting Tyler Thigpen, he was supposed to be our saviour.

I think they like Harnish better than MBT anyway. MBT's bounced around the league, and only brought back when Matt got hurt because he's familiar with the team. Harnish might be a better player, which is why he was activated while only being on the roster for a day and a half.

PInfante97
10-07-2014, 04:16 PM
the jets are raiders are the worst at making moves - bar none

Minniman
10-08-2014, 11:05 AM
I think they like Harnish better than MBT anyway. MBT's bounced around the league, and only brought back when Matt got hurt because he's familiar with the team. Harnish might be a better player, which is why he was activated while only being on the roster for a day and a half.
Chandler Harnish was resigned, and MBT was let go. I guess the Vikings did like Harnish better.

Chandler Harnish was released by the Colts on August 30. The Minnesota Vikings did not sign him until September 29. If the Vikings had an open spot on their practice squad, and they wanted to see what Harnish could do, why didn't they pick him up earlier?

If MBT was not ready to play, why was he even on the team?

Purp1eOne
10-10-2014, 10:18 AM
I am not too upset over losing a guy who was the sixth receiver on the team. I think he was already beat out by the guy we signed from the browns charles johnson. He made it onto the field in green bay so I don't think this is any big loss.