PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Packers post-(*vomits*)game.

Ranger
10-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Third quarter, might as well start it now.

As bad as Ponder is, it doesn't help when every Packers player can jog through our offensive line to blow him up. Our line looked fine against Atlanta, a team with a terrible pass rush, but Green Bay is showing what our line really is. Garbage.

Ranger
10-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Think 'ole Aaron will get pulled to sip gatorade and giggle on the sidelines before the third ends?

VKG4LFE
10-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Am sick to my stomach. Can we finally get rid of Ponder. Can we just hurt GayRod the next time he touches the ball please.

BadlandsVikings
10-02-2014, 09:46 PM
If I had a hammer I'd hit Norv Turner in the head

Ranger
10-02-2014, 09:46 PM

Norv isn't the one missing blocks or throwing wildly inaccurate passes.

RK.
10-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Why is Ponder still wearing a Viking uniform????

Ranger
10-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Glad we didn't start Teddy with this "protection." Ponder can actually run better than your average quarterback, and he's been getting killed. Gimpy rookie, on four days prep, at Green Bay, in the rain, on television? Ouch.

VKG4LFE
10-02-2014, 09:54 PM

No shit. What a waste of money. Seriously, the QB at the high school I work at would look better than this

EricTheViking
10-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Um. . . Ponder.

I thought the D actually played pretty well at first. But once the game fell apart, under Ponder, everyone just gave up. Its why you need a leader of a team. They didn't trust Ponder. Hopefully Teddy can bring respect and control back next week.

vikinggreg
10-02-2014, 10:51 PM
This isn't all Ponders fault, don't forget the refs hate us too

only 90% Ponder, 3% defense 2% coaches 4% refs 1% Goodell...cause he made a mistake

these are facts because there are numbers symbols an its on the internet

Now call an exorcist and burn all the #7 jerseys

VKG4LFE
10-02-2014, 10:52 PM
O line was terrible, ponder was worse. Run d was brutal. Is it next Sunday yet?

VKG4LFE
10-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Haha

vikinggreg
10-02-2014, 10:58 PM

What kind of caveman doesn't have a hammer???

EricTheViking
10-03-2014, 12:35 AM
The defense actually played pretty well, at first. The Jordy Nelson long pass td should have been called back due to a huge holding/mugging of one of the rushers. Sure the coverage was blown but that should have been a penalty. No doubt about it. But the failure of the offense, to do anything, due to Ponder's usual struggles, eventually demoralized the whole team and everything went South. His arm was tipped for the first int but the second one was all his. He sucks. We all know it.
I thought maybe he might come out today with something to prove but he was the same old Ponder. Poor guy should be cut out of the league for his own good. Let's see what happens when Bridgewater is back. Hopefully his performance last week wasn't a one off and he truly is our franchise qb.

thorshammer
10-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Last night was the perfect storm against us. Ponder, with a short week of practice, at GB without Adrian. Nuff said. We will get those SOB's at our house with a real QB under center, our tight end back and Greenway back and see who's laughing after that one. I remember a lot of us said if we won 2-3 out of our first six it would be a good start to the season. We already got two. We need to go out next week and beat Detroit. The second half of the season gets easier.

BadlandsVikings
10-03-2014, 06:45 AM

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/a83e75f8c26792fc72c10b01f572c5a2.jpg

VikingMike
10-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Ponder is so much worse than I ever thought he was. He has the football mentality of a 2-yr old child. He has absolutely no pocket awareness, has no idea how to slide or step up. He couldn't hit a wide open receiver if his career depended on it...which it obviously does. GB had the perfect opportunity to rush as many as they wanted, shoot the gaps and drop DL back. It was so depressing watching this game. He is fortunate to have a pretty wife...that's all I can say about him.

BadlandsVikings
10-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Ponder is so much worse than I ever thought he was. He has the football mentality of a 2-yr old child. He has absolutely no pocket awareness, has no idea how to slide or step up. He couldn't hit a wide open receiver if his career depended on it...which it obviously does. GB had the perfect opportunity to rush as many as they wanted, shoot the gaps and drop DL back. It was so depressing watching this game. He is fortunate to have a pretty wife...that's all I can say about him.

What bothers me is the stupid smile he has on his face when he's on the field. Bad or good play he reminds me of Arnie Grape. I don't think he understands what's going on

VikingMike
10-03-2014, 07:39 AM
What bothers me is the stupid smile he has on his face when he's on the field. Bad or good play he reminds of Arnie Grape. I don't think he understands what's going on

Honestly, I had to Google "Arnie Grape"...and you're right. Good movie, BTW.

pack93z
10-03-2014, 07:44 AM
What bothers me is the stupid smile he has on his face when he's on the field. Bad or good play he reminds me of Arnie Grape. I don't think he understands what's going on

Well.. I think that might be permanently affixed.. a "How the hell did I land Samantha" smirk.

BadlandsVikings
10-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Well.. I think that might be permanently affixed.. a "How the hell did I land Samantha" smirk.

Poor Samantha (Christian can't even pass the salt)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/5a51f8d7153a025238b161693e6976f0.jpg

purplehelmut
10-03-2014, 08:32 AM
An abject failure on every front. What a sad and depressing game to watch. Bile rises in my throat with every Ponder dropback and pass that is behind, above, or out of reach of his intended target. He can't even hit a back in the flat. Secondary still sucks ass and the Oline is horrible. Doesn't mean the season is over, but definitely a huge step in the wrong direction. We are Green Bays whipping boy and have been for several years and I, for one, am growing tired of it.

purplehelmut
10-03-2014, 08:36 AM
10 days to chew on this rotten piece of fish....

rockymtdan
10-03-2014, 09:08 AM
OH boy that was rough.
I changed my avatar to represent how far this team has to go. Just like my car was this team is still full of cancer.

C Mac D
10-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Didn't get a chance to watch the game, what'd I miss?

https://img.pandawhale.com/post-50664-Daquan-owl-did-I-miss-it-am-I-fbCD.gif

Minniman
10-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Did you watch Ponder last year?

Same thing.

BadlandsVikings
10-03-2014, 09:16 AM

https://img.pandawhale.com/post-50664-Daquan-owl-did-I-miss-it-am-I-fbCD.gif

You missed Ponder being Ponder

Minniman
10-03-2014, 09:17 AM
OH boy that was rough.
I changed my avatar to represent how far this team has to go. Just like my car was this team is still full of cancer.
Christian "Hollum" Ponder is a Jonah.

Get him off the ship!

BadlandsVikings
10-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Christian "Hollum" Ponder is a Jonah.

Get him off the ship!

i threw the ball coach, have you seen my baseball

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/10246e19486536502a7ad0f3bedede2c.jpg

TeamSoftware
10-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Are the games scripted? As soon as the announcer said Ponder had not thrown a pick yet he throws two. How did the announcer know this was coming? And this is not the only game I have noticed this.

Time to get out the tin foil hat.

--Scott

TeamSoftware
10-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Pretty tough to pass block when the other team does not need to worry about passing.

--Scott

raptorman
10-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Packers played a great game last night.

Disclaimer: Anything posted below is not an excuse, it is my opinion on what I saw during the 3/4 of a game I watched. Yeah, I could take no more and turned it off at the end of the third Quarter.

Ponder sucks. I thought that maybe he would flourish in Turners system. Half of the missed passes, high passes, late passes, Bridgewater makes. He is that bad. The Vikings just need to dump him. Not even keep him as a 3rd QB. I am pretty sure Chandler Harnish could have done better and he has only been with the team since last week. That long pass to Wright that was 5 yards to one side, Bridgewater puts that in Wrights hands.

The Vikings O-line was run over by the Packers D-line. The O-line did Ponder no favors in being a sieve. I haven't seen play that bad since my college hockey team beat Chicago North 49-0. I do believe Ponder has this ability to suck the life force out other Viking players on the field. Including the defense.

The Defense. Other than being burned by a couple of good Rodgers throws, they spent most of game doing pretty well. After the first two TD's they stiffened up. But it's hard to keep it up when your offense gives points away to the other team. I don't think they expected the Packers run game to do so well. I thought I saw a holds on a couple of Lacy's good runs, but that's a moot point. They should have had him at the LOS. No excuses'.

Don't be to hyped up about the beat down on the Vikings offense. After all, if the Packers came to MN and they had Peterson, Rudolph and Bridgewater, while the Packers were without Rodgers, Lacy and Nelson. And they had Tolzien starting at QB. Not sure how well they would have done. Not making an excuse, just perspective.

I did think they would have played a better game than they did. I hope they do against the Lions.

Being a fan when you team wins is easy, being a fan when they lose, not so much.

TheAnimal93
10-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Geezus Criminy, a blind man sitting on a commode could have played better at QB than Christian Ponder. Not that he had help from his offensive line. It was downright offensive. Do you think that the guys on the line like Ponder? Kalil looked like a revolving door at a busy department store on black Friday. As a whole they gave up about 8 sacks too many. Norv did not run the ball as much as I thought they should and when they should have. I really don't understand while facing the league's worst run defense that there were only 22 rushes in the game. As much as the ball was in the air for GB, they ran the ball 25 times. I thought that they would try and keep trying to run the ball down GB's throat.
The defense played like they were asleep in the first quarter, but played pretty well after that. Other than that, it was a good game.

MaxVike
10-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Although we got our asses kicked…I must say that I expect a SERIOUS improvement from many of the players. I absolutely love our coach, he will hold stupid players, stupid plays, and lack of preparedness by all accountable. This dude will find success for our beloved Vikings, I'm convinced. Watch the video below…he's one helluva focused man. I've already made a bet in Vegas that we beat the effing cheeseheads in Minny.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Zimmer-Well-Find-Out-What-Were-Made-Of/27555e6c-9790-4c19-90eb-dd9a30c351b9

Skol Vikings!!!

PurplePowerPunch
10-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Um. . . Ponder.

I thought the D actually played pretty well at first. But once the game fell apart, under Ponder, everyone just gave up. Its why you need a leader of a team. They didn't trust Ponder. Hopefully Teddy can bring respect and control back next week.

Well said brother

Minniman
10-04-2014, 12:03 PM
I thought the D actually played pretty well at first.
At first? The first drive you mean? After that, they gave up two easy scores.

But once the game fell apart, under Ponder, everyone just gave up. Its why you need a leader of a team. They didn't trust Ponder.
Ponder is not an NFL quality quarterback.

That stated, Norv sent too many receivers out on too many plays. Sending five guys out with a quarterback who can only do the primary and check down looks, and who cannot set up in the pocket, is just asking for trouble. Rodgers got mass protect on deep plays, but "shaken, rattled, and rolled" Ponder gets just the linemen? What was Norv thinking?

Even so, Ponder could have made the game close had he played even an average game, but he screwed the pooch. Almost nothing was on target until Ponder was basically given 7 on 7 drills in the fourth quarter.

EricTheViking
10-04-2014, 03:39 PM
At first? The first drive you mean? After that, they gave up two easy scores.

Yes they did but, in the first half, they also held the Packers to 3 and outs 5 times. And each time what did Ponder and the O do? Nothing. Then you get the pick 6 and the subsequent int and, by then, I think we all knew the game was pretty much over. If the offense could have at least kept the score close I think the defense may have remained motivated. But by the end of the first half the entire team was probably demoralized.

EricTheViking
10-04-2014, 03:44 PM
@Ranger and everyone else. I hadn't realized Ranger had already started this thread when I initated the "Packers Postgame" thread. I didn't mean to start a duplicate topic.

Edit: after posting this the threads have been merged. Thanks Webby!

Minniman
10-04-2014, 05:05 PM
@Ranger and everyone else. I hadn't realized Ranger had already started this thread when I initated the "Packers Postgame" thread. I didn't mean to start a duplicate topic.

Edit: after posting this the threads have been merged. Thanks Webby!
Yours was the postgame thread; this is the postgame vomit thread. I thought we had to be civil in one and sick in the other.

Oh well, the merge is fine, but now I feel like the Cleveland Barons.

Packers played a great game last night.
Raptorman got it right there. The Packers played a great game. They knew what Ponder could do, and they attacked him. They knew the Vikings secondary weaknesses, and they attacked them. It was a perfect tide for the Packers with both the offense and defense at high tide at the same time.

PurplePowerPunch
10-05-2014, 01:44 PM

Because no other team wants him.