PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald to the Vikings in 2015?

Minniman
09-30-2014, 10:02 AM
The contract Larry Fitzgerald is under with Arizona is too large to fit under their cap next season unless it is altered or they release other veterans. If that is the case, Fitzgerald may be released if he refuses to renegotiate. That means Fitzgerald could come home to the Twin Cities, where he has indicated he would like to play.

At the same time, Adrian Peterson could be traded. Peterson is, by far, the highest paid running back in the NFL, and moving his contract could open space for other free agents to be signed in Minnesota. Would that need to be done to sign Fitzgerald under the cap?

tarkenton10
09-30-2014, 10:19 AM
The contract Larry Fitzgerald is under with Arizona is too large to fit under their cap next season unless it is altered or they release other veterans. If that is the case, Fitzgerald may be released if he refuses to renegotiate. That means Fitzgerald could come home to the Twin Cities, were he has indicated he would like to play.

At the same time, Adrian Peterson could be traded. Peterson is, by far, the highest paid running back in the NFL, and moving his contract could open space for other free agents to be signed in Minnesota. Would that need to be done to sign Fitzgerald under the cap?

I would hate to see AP play for another team but this scenario would definitely soften the blow.

digital420
09-30-2014, 11:12 AM
AP for 1st, 4th, LF Jr i could live with that. i wouldn't be happy for a while.. but i'd live.

DiGITaL

rockymtdan
09-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Don't think Larry could hurt anything but he has not been the force he used to be. Maybe its just his supporting cast or maybe he lost his edge.
I re-watched the Rams game and boy AP would be nice to have back. I was ready to throw in the towel on that idea but maybe not yet.

Purple Jesus 84
09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
If only this could've happened like 5-6 years ago haha

And no, I don't want AD going anywhere. I hope he can redo his contract and stay a Viking until he is 50, breaks every rushing record, and can't run anymore.

VKG4LFE
09-30-2014, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing fitz in purple. We would have a damn good receiving corp with Patterson Jennings fitz and wright, along with Rudy if ever healthy. Talk about some nice toys for teddy. A young improving defense to boot.....I'm drooling

Minniman
09-30-2014, 10:54 PM
If only this could've happened like 5-6 years ago haha
The Vikings did not have the cap space, and the Cardinals gave Fitzgerald a contract that they will likely not be able to fulfill. Adrian Peterson got a similar deal with a too expensive backside.

Minniman
09-30-2014, 11:02 PM
The Vikings would have had a chance to trade up to select Larry Fitzgerald had Dennis Green not been in charge in Arizona. Imagine Fitz as a Viking instead of Kenechi Udeze and Dontarrious Thomas.

VKG4LFE
09-30-2014, 11:12 PM
Oh geez...how nice would that have been!