PDA

View Full Version : Will McKinnon take over soon?

TheAnimal93
09-28-2014, 09:46 PM
This rook is impressing. Will he take over sooner or later? Or will the staff just keep it the way it is for now, taking the "if it ain't broke" approach?

lakehubertviking
09-28-2014, 09:53 PM
20 carries for Asiata, 18 for McKinnon today. Seems about right, I say keep it that way for the old fastball/changeup combo. Let Matt keep the starting title but make sure the rookie gets his touches.

MaxVike
09-28-2014, 10:12 PM
20 carries for Asiata, 18 for McKinnon today. Seems about right, I say keep it that way for the old fastball/changeup combo. Let Matt keep the starting title but make sure the rookie gets his touches.

36 rushes, regardless of mix, will win a lot of games. Norv called a great game today, Zimmer was aggressive. The players executed, much to look forward to...

Tad7
09-28-2014, 10:16 PM
McKinnon must still be learning how to block and things like that because there's no doubt he's the bigger threat.

But I do like what Asiata did today. Getting the Vikings into 2nd and 5s instead of the 2nd and 9s we see too often. Keep that up and he can stay.

Purple Jesus 84
09-29-2014, 03:47 AM
We ran the ball pretty damn good today. Finally! Hope we woke our offense up.

digital420
09-29-2014, 06:58 AM
I Like the split. maybe one game it favors one way, maybe the other, but mixing these 2 brings to us what AP did in one person.. well not quite there but close enouf!

i wouldn't be surprised to see even a dbl back field, we'll see how norv uses this dbl headed rb attack moving forward.

Beo
09-29-2014, 07:54 AM
I think the Vikes are building a really unpredictable Offense that Teddy runs very well. The kind of "thunder and lightning" backfield along with a short passing game with Jennings and Wright and Rudolph when he gets back and then the always there deep threat of Patterson. If the Offensive line plays every week like they did today we can really keep Defenses on their heels and put up some points. I like what I saw yesterday alot.

Suick
09-29-2014, 08:01 AM
I think the Vikes are building a really unpredictable Offense that Teddy runs very well. The kind of "thunder and lightning"

My thoughts exactly. Asiata brings the beef and McKinnon brings the speed,

Yestedays game goes to show you........Its all about the passing game and the QB. Running backs are just a side dish anymore with the way the rules are now. We've depending on AP too long and have paid for it.

kingpin9995
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
My thoughts exactly. Asiata brings the beef and McKinnon brings the speed,

Yestedays game goes to show you........Its all about the passing game and the QB. Running backs are just a side dish anymore with the way the rules are now. We've depending on AP too long and have paid for it.

Peterson has his court date in October. If he does not cop a plea and trial set for next year.. look for the Vikings to cut him sometime after his court date in October. As much as I have loved watching Peterson no back is worth that kind of a salary in the NFL today. The game is set up now for defenses to play with one arm tied behind their back in the passing game. So why bother running. Teddy said it himself.. I just sat back and played pitch and catch. That is what the NFL is today , a sea of yellow on the defenses mostly. It's pretty sad to watch actually.

C Mac D
09-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Peterson has his court date in October. If he does not cop a plea and trial set for next year.. look for the Vikings to cut him sometime after his court date in October. As much as I have loved watching Peterson no back is worth that kind of a salary in the NFL today. The game is set up now for defenses to play with one arm tied behind their back in the passing game. So why bother running. Teddy said it himself.. I just sat back and played pitch and catch. That is what the NFL is today , a sea of yellow on the defenses mostly. It's pretty sad to watch actually.

I actually agree with every word of this post. It's glorified arena-league football.

Would be sad to see Peterson go, but I think they do end up striking some sort of plea deal. Whether or not he plays this season though, that remains to be seen.

tastywaves
09-29-2014, 01:31 PM

Yea, not real excited about the evolution of the NFL either. MN did run the ball 44 times vs 30 passes though. And the running game is still the part of the game that ensures victories.

I think the majority of the public has lost interest in the running game as the media focus is placed more heavily on the QB and the receivers and big plays/stats. The coaches (smart ones anyways) still appear to value the running game pretty highly.

In terms of Adrian, I have no idea what his future holds, but that is more about his legal situation than it is about his value to a franchise.

Minniman
09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Peterson has his court date in October. If he does not cop a plea and trial set for next year.. look for the Vikings to cut him sometime after his court date in October.
Peterson and his playing rights still have market value. Cutting him outright would not be advised.