PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Saints Post Game Thread

thorshammer
09-21-2014, 03:54 PM
After a shaky start on D we pulled it together. As usual a questionable penalty on CM killed our chance for a comeback. I did not think he roughed the passer and it was a bad call that totally changed the game. TB looked pretty good in his first action. I wish we would stop with the dropped passes already. I still believe in this team.

Jereamiah
09-21-2014, 04:04 PM
After a shaky start on D we pulled it together. As usual a questionable penalty on CM killed our chance for a comeback. I did not think he roughed the passer and it was a bad call that totally changed the game. TB looked pretty good in his first action. I wish we would stop with the dropped passes already. I still believe in this team.
Nothing questionable about that call. "Captain was a toolbag for pulling out the ol suplex when all he had to do was just pull him to the ground. The refs will call that shit every day! The team went from being one dimensional (AP), to being one dimensional, (pass). Liked the play of the D, even if they gave up critical third and longs. Looks like a pass rush is starting to develop. God…Munnerlyn, what an asshole. Anyway, hopefully, Teddy gets a chance to stick it out and get some experience

lakehubertviking
09-21-2014, 04:15 PM
I've cooled down just a bit on that call, and the subsequent no call on Brees coming up swinging, but I think the Captain was doing what he could to bring him to the ground as fast as possible before Brees could throw it away and it just kind of turned into a wrestling move. Smitty and the rest of the D looked pretty good again and we got pressure but they beat us fair and square I guess.

Tad7
09-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah it's one of those penalties that shouldn't be a penalty but everyone knows it's a penalty. Neither team really had momentum at the time and that swung it in Nawlins favor.

We can't complete a pass over 10 yards, Kalil is getting beat, Asiata is our starting running back.

I was mad about the D early but they adjusted well after the first 2 drives.

raptorman
09-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Saw the call don't agree with it but I understand why they called it. That being said. The Vikings need a RB to step up and take over. Without it they are done. Cassel will be out for several weeks so the Teddy era has started.

The Defense did ok after the first to Saints drives. And before anyone goes off on them, just think of this. In the past two games, the Vikings defense has limited Drew Bree's and Tom Brady to a total of 3 passing TD's. Not bad in my book. Now the offense needs to step up.

PurplePowerPunch
09-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Blanton is not a starting S in this league. He can't tackle for the life of him. Lots of injuries on the Offensive side of the ball. Also does Khalil give a damn out there on the field at all? The hell is his problem? The Teddy "Two Gloves" Bridgewater era is upon us. HE WILL RIGHTEN THIS SHIP. Skol Vikings!

Tad7
09-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Looking at the sack again, I think the only penalty is on Brees

http://i.gyazo.com/63e98a0a4e1ee32463616a42f56fe9a0.gif

BadlandsVikings
09-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Looking at the sack again, I think the only penalty is on Brees

http://i.gyazo.com/63e98a0a4e1ee32463616a42f56fe9a0.gif
If you can't sack a QB put a dress and lipstick on them. Bees should have been flagged

Mothman
09-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Saw the call don't agree with it but I understand why they called it. That being said. The Vikings need a RB to step up and take over. Without it they are done. Cassel will be out for several weeks so the Teddy era has started.

The Defense did ok after the first to Saints drives. And before anyone goes off on them, just think of this. In the past two games, the Vikings defense has limited Drew Bree's and Tom Brady to a total of 3 passing TD's. Not bad in my book. Now the offense needs to step up.

That's not bad at all but the bad news is that they've also allowed 258 yards rushing in the past two games. Not good. However, their average yards allowed per carry was good yesterday so there's no reason to panic. I see progress with the defense and regression on offense. Hopefully, the former continues and the latter starts showing progress soon. Scoring under 10 points isn't going to win many games...

kingpin9995
09-22-2014, 09:30 AM
If you can't sack a QB put a dress and lipstick on them. Bees should have been flagged

The zebras will call this roughing the passer every time in New Orleans, except of course unless it's the NFC Championship game and it's Brett Favre being high lowed , tearing up his ankle , and throwing a pick on the play .. That one was definitely not roughing. It's so plain to see. If the hit would have snapped both ankles then maybe.. but the poor people in NO needed something to cheer for after that horrible Katrina

purplehelmut
09-22-2014, 09:51 AM
I've got no problem with the roughing. If it was my guy I'd want that call. Defense gave up 27 first downs and a 69% third down conversion rate (9/13). We didn't get throttled but we still lost. Cassel could well be done for the season, but I don't see Bridge as a huge step down at all. Let's see if he can play. This season is in the crapper anyway. Let's have some fun at least.

Suick
09-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Thought I was gonna puke after NO's 1st two drives. They pulled it together. It would have been a 40 point blow out under Fraizer.

We have to get a running game of some consequence. I belive 1/2 of it is lack of blocking.

TB looked solid, he's a big step up over Cassell.

Minniman
09-22-2014, 01:11 PM
We have to get a running game of some consequence. I belive 1/2 of it is lack of blocking.
Blocking has been horrible. I watch the trenches and see poor blocks on almost every play.

vikesrgreat2
09-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Blocking has been horrible. I watch the trenches and see poor blocks on almost every play.

Agreed. I thought the Vikings looked "3/4 step slow" compared to the Saints until the score reached 13-0. Then, Griffen blocked the Saints' second extra point attempt. That seemed to spark somewhat of a change in momentum, as the Saints did not score again until late in the game. The coverage on the TD to the second Saints TE (Hill?) was horrible, and I'm sure Zimmer will let the defense know about this in no uncertain terms!

The call against Captain for the personal foul on Brees was, in my opinion, a "ticky-tack" call that would have been a better no-call. However, in today's era of protecting the QB at any cost, a play like that will likely draw a flag. My main concern is that the Vikings' defense, while tackling much better than before, is still not forcing turnovers often enough. Until the defense begins to force turnovers and turn them into scoring opportunities, the Vikings will continue to struggle to win games.

That being said, it was good of the defense to hold Brees under 300 yards passing. That, in my opinion, is a building block for the future of the defense. SKOL VIKINGS!

kingpin9995
09-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Upon further review Captain made the ref throw that flag. It was a no brainer after I saw the view the ref that threw the flag had. His feet up in the air and slammed down on his back of neck and back is what ref saw. 100 out of 100 times that flag is coming out. It was about as obvious as the high low on Favre in NO, but then again the Vikings never get those calls on the road or at home. When is the last time you had a Viking win where you said.. Wow we stole one there.... I'm waiting.... PFFFT.

thorshammer
09-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Upon further review Captain made the ref throw that flag. It was a no brainer after I saw the view the ref that threw the flag had. His feet up in the air and slammed down on his back of neck and back is what ref saw. 100 out of 100 times that flag is coming out. It was about as obvious as the high low on Favre in NO, but then again the Vikings never get those calls on the road or at home. When is the last time you had a Viking win where you said.. Wow we stole one there.... I'm waiting.... PFFFT.
I seem to remember a game where the Saints almost killed Brett Favre with hits much worse than this one and nothing was called. I rest my case.

kingpin9995
09-24-2014, 09:15 AM
I seem to remember a game where the Saints almost killed Brett Favre with hits much worse than this one and nothing was called. I rest my case.

Oh I totally agree with you... After that game two things changed. Skirts became mandatory
for qbs. Zebras were told to throw a flag if a qb was breathed on too hard, and they
changed the overtime. That game was the posterchild for a crew that was doing everything '
in their power to make sure the Saints won that game. They and the country were going
to give those poor swamp rats some much neeeded happiness at the expense of the '
Vikings. It bordered on criminal and made me rethink my love for the NFL..

Minniman
09-25-2014, 03:00 PM
The irony of Drew Brees getting that flag and charging a defender, which should have been a penalty, after a sack.

It was obvious the the NFCC game that the Saints were going after Favre with every cheap shot they could take. Late hits, an unabated hit after a play was blown dead prior to the snap, and a high/low hit that injured Favre, and would have negated an interception if called per rule, were not called. We were to learn later about the bounty, but anyone watching the game knew what was going on - bounty or not.

rockymtdan
09-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Evey game this year has been painful to watch with all the penalties. Just so happens we dont get many that go our way.
F#ck the Saints they will get what coming to them someday.

kingpin9995
09-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Get used to it.. It's the new NFL... These zebras decide half the games today but it's become so ingrained that people think it's how it's suppose to work.