PDA

View Full Version : Simpson will be gone.

raptorman
09-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Ben Goessling of ESPN.com reports that Simpson, suspended after being arrested for DUI last year, has a court date on November 3 in Hennepin County, Minnesota. Simpson was cited, but not arrested, on misdemeanor charges of violating a limited license, marijuana possession and open bottle after being pulled over in a traffic stop on July 7.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/jerome-simpson-in-more-legal-trouble/

PurpleKoolaid
09-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Didnt the Vikes know about this before the contract? Simpson was my favorite, and I think the best WR on the team (i have such a hard time giving former packers any credit). CP, awesome athlete, still working on routes and separation. The Vikings are a train wreck.

Purple Jesus 84
09-18-2014, 05:16 PM
What or who is next? Can we just take a year or a decade off?

Tad7
09-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Yup, he's officially gone.

Idiot.

drakkar
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM

Idiot.

Can't fix stupid..

TheAnimal93
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM
I was hoping for Simpson to carry out the promise he showed in Cincy. Besides the spectacular td catch, he made a ton of sweet catches for the Bengals. He has disappointed fans in purple and his actions has harmed his NFL career.

vikinggreg
09-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Have the Seahawks signed him yet, he's not officially gone until he lands at Sea Tac

Thaumaturgist
09-19-2014, 06:59 AM
Simpson! What are ya thinking? You need help, please get some!

Minniman
09-19-2014, 11:58 AM

Idiot.
The Vikings officially released Simpson without termination pay.

Simpson decided not to tell the Vikings about the traffic stop?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11549430/jerome-simpson-more-trouble-released-minnesota-vikings

Minniman
09-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Does that mean the Vikings have to go with Jarius "Two Wrongs Don't Make A" Wright?

That is not good.

Webby
09-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Does that mean the Vikings have to go with Jarius "Two Wrongs Don't Make A" Wright?

That is not good.

Wright has promise.

Minniman
09-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Wright has promise.
I first read that as, "Wright has promised ...." As in, he has promised to run good routes, create separation, adjust to deep balls, and catch balls thrown to his hands.

This is his third season. Receivers usually show what they can do by the third year, and I have not seen anything showing us that Wright is anything special. I could be wrong, but game film does not lie.

AngloVike
09-19-2014, 02:28 PM
I first read that as, "Wright has promised ...." As in, he has promised to run good routes, create separation, adjust to deep balls, and catch balls thrown to his hands.

This is his third season. Receivers usually show what they can do by the third year, and I have not seen anything showing us that Wright is anything special. I could be wrong, but game film does not lie.
that's true but he didn't get large amounts of playing as the previous brain trust decided it was better to play Simpson who had more PI calls than catches/TDs. So Wright hasn't really had the full two seasons like some 3rd year players have had.

tastywaves
09-19-2014, 03:22 PM
I doubt anyone ever counted on Simpson to clean up his act...small term and small dollar contracts pretty much show that. He was always looking to be replaced.

Minniman
09-20-2014, 12:49 AM
that's true but he didn't get large amounts of playing as the previous brain trust decided it was better to play Simpson who had more PI calls than catches/TDs. So Wright hasn't really had the full two seasons like some 3rd year players have had.
The American Stig could catch some of the balls that Wright has either dropped or let get picked because he could not adjust to the deep ball, and the American Stig is a slow fat guy.

Beo
09-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Glad we finally cut bait on Simpson. I had such high hopes when we signed him and what a disappointment.

Minniman
09-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Glad we finally cut bait on Simpson. I had such high hopes when we signed him and what a disappointment.
He had too many off field issues, but he was a good second receiver. I do not know who will step up and replace him for the Vikings.

Beo
09-20-2014, 11:31 AM
He had too many off field issues, but he was a good second receiver. I do not know who will step up and replace him for the Vikings.

Hoping it can be Thielen. I think he could be a very solid slot WR with sure hands and can move the sticks with Patterson and Jennings working the outside.

Minniman
09-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Hoping it can be Thielen. I think he could be a very solid slot WR with sure hands and can move the sticks with Patterson and Jennings working the outside.
Rodney Smith has been impressive in camp. He has size, and he can block downfield. He also has a hamstring pull, so he may not be active against the Saints.

PurplePowerPunch
09-20-2014, 02:46 PM
I doubt anyone ever counted on Simpson to clean up his act...small term and small dollar contracts pretty much show that. He was always looking to be replaced.

Very true. The one year offers that the front office give him was the clue that we had no trust in Simpson.

Purple Jesus 84
09-20-2014, 03:47 PM
I would like to see Smith in some more plays. Dude always looked good in pre season the last 2 years.
Also, whatever happened to Childs? Haven't heard anything on him this year. Did we finally just cut the ties?

Minniman
09-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Also, whatever happened to Childs? Haven't heard anything on him this year. Did we finally just cut the ties?
Yes, Childs was cut. It is too bad he could not escape injuries.

Purple Jesus 84
09-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes, Childs was cut. It is too bad he could not escape injuries.

Yeah, I Googled him, and it looks like he signed to the Argonauts practice squad...

purplehelmut
09-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Good riddance to Simpson. He was/is a dumbshit. And I'm tired of dumbshits.

Minniman
09-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Good riddance to Simpson. He was/is a dumbshit. And I'm tired of dumbshits.
LOL!

+1