PDA

View Full Version : Drew's optimistic Outlook 2.0

drewlovs
08-28-2014, 01:25 PM
You all know I'm a true optimist, and you should cut me slack because of that; the realists of our group read these posts dreamily, and the pessimists get MAD about them. Such is life.

I truly expect us to bat .500 minimum in the first 6 games of the season; without Bradford, I think we beat the rams convincingly, and of the next 4 teams (Patriots, Saints, Falcons, and @Packers), it isn't TOO much to expect a single victory! One of these teams is bound to implode, it happens every year, but we don't beat the Packers in Lambaeu without something awful happening to the Packers. I think we beat the Lions at home, making our record an even 3-3.

I am call the next 3 games (Bills, Buccs and Redskins) as wins, mainly because if our team is as improved as I think it is, we SHOULD beat these 3 teams!! This makes us 6-3 at the bye, and easily in playoff contention.

Of the next 7 (@Bears, Packers, Panthers, Jets, @Lions, @Dolphins and Bears)games, I don't see anyone beating us except the teams from the Black and Blue division, and then only the away games. The Panthers are struggling with a QB on the downward slide and no one to throw it to, and the Jets will play great defense... ONLY. The Dolphins look good, but I think we beat em in a squeaker (mainly because I'm an optimist...OF COURSE we win that game!!). So a 5-2 record after the BYE makes our end of the season record 11-5.

I repeat, we will have an 11-5 record this year!!!

I KNOW I am being way too optimistic, but this is the time for that kind of thing. If we don't do as well, we will know soon enough... why rush THAT kind of bad news?

faninphx
08-28-2014, 03:12 PM
mmmmmmm......I'm a little hesitant to predict wins and losses in the NFL. Especially if we haven't played an official down yet. Besides, the dynamics of schemes, players and coaches can change so dramatically during the course of a year.
With that being said, I hope we can get off to a fast start and catch some teams flat-footed. Last year, we didn't find our groove until November but it was already too late. We played so poorly in Sept/Oct that we were already out of the playoff race and were staring down the barrel of a top-ten draft pick.

digital420
08-28-2014, 05:23 PM
if we reach the bye with a winning record, then yes, i see a lot of upswing and bandwagon anal-ysyst jumping all over and gushing about how Zimm and Norv are turning the boat around .

makes me itch for the season to start!!!!!!

kewl post, and never should an optimist apologize!!

DiGiTaL

JPPT1974
08-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Really just need to take one game at a time. No matter who the team is playing with. One game at a time.

gregair13
08-29-2014, 10:45 AM
That doesn't sound like 16-0

drewlovs
10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
That doesn't sound like 16-0

I'm an optimist, not insane. =)

Well, it is staying true to form, even without AP. We need a victory at home versus the Lions to go 3-3, which EVERYONE agreed would be an awesome start considering the teams we had to play.

Minniman
10-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Well, it is staying true to form, even without AP. We need a victory at home versus the Lions to go 3-3, which EVERYONE agreed would be an awesome start considering the teams we had to play.
Everyone?

3-3 would be acceptable, 4-2 would be great, and 5-1 would be awesome.

I thought 2-4, 3-3, or 4-2 were likely depending on personnel and health issues. I was thinking a 9-7 season was likely as well.

I did not know Adrian Peterson would be indicted, Cassel would not last three games, Bridgewater would not last one game, and other key players would be injured. At this point, 3-3 would be pretty nice, but the Lions are not the same team the Vikings could count on for two wins every season.

thorshammer
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I am still very optimistic about this season. Our schedule gets a bit easier. We could still put together a nice season. I think we can take the Lions next week. Could be the start of a nice run.

JPPT1974
10-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Maybe it will be 8-8 when all is said and done.

VikingMike
10-05-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm happy to see you haven't lost the passion drewlovs. :)

drewlovs
10-08-2014, 04:07 PM
I'm happy to see you haven't lost the passion drewlovs. :)

I have bled Viking's purple since my dad watched with glee as Fran run around the backfield. For an Army brat, it was an anchor to a home I had never been to; now its a way of life from July to January (January unfortunately).

I personally think getting to 3-3 sets us up for GREAT things; we needed to be at that spot to get to 10+wins, and we are on the verge.

If Minni thinks now that 3-3 is only acceptable when you consider the opponents we had (and where we played them), he is a greater optimist than I, and I bow to him respectfully.

Purp1eOne
10-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Before all the issues we have had I had us at 8 -8, with all the issues I now see 6 - 10. Just too much to overcome with a young team and a new staff.