PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have use for....

VKG4LFE
07-15-2014, 10:00 AM
....my vhs collection of vikings games? I have most games from 2004-2008 recorded on vhs tapes that i have already copied to dvd. So, does anybody want them? Or am i just weird that i keep every viking game? Haha just let me know

faninphx
07-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Do you have the DVD of the 2008 Vikings @ Cardinals game? The one where we beat them 35-14. I was at that game and would love to have a memento.

kingpin9995
07-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Do you have the Saints Vikings Championship game . I'd like it so I can play in slow motion all the calls they zebras turned their heads off to the side and saw nothing while making sure those poor Saints fans had something to cheer about after Katrina.. It bordered on criminal and to this day I have not gained back the respect of the NFL and the obvious bias that was going on in that game to make those swamp rats happy .

faninphx
07-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Do you have the Saints Vikings Championship game . I'd like it so I can play in slow motion all the calls they zebras turned their heads off to the side and saw nothing while making sure those poor Saints fans had something to cheer about after Katrina.. It bordered on criminal and to this day I have not gained back the respect of the NFL and the obvious bias that was going on in that game to make those swamp rats happy .

C'mon Kingpin, I've got to try to talk you down from the ledge. We blew that game far worse than the refs did. Our defense played brilliantly but our offense choked. This kind of cynicism will rot your soul. This kind of whining makes Viking fans look bad. It's a new year and we have a lot to look forward to: new coaches, free agents, a young and hungry team with a lot of up-and-comers and a new stadium being built. Channel your hatred of the Saints on week 3 and don't live in the past.

tastywaves
07-18-2014, 02:41 PM
C'mon Kingpin, I've got to try to talk you down from the ledge. We blew that game far worse than the refs did. Our defense played brilliantly but our offense choked. This kind of cynicism will rot your soul. This kind of whining makes Viking fans look bad. It's a new year and we have a lot to look forward to: new coaches, free agents, a young and hungry team with a lot of up-and-comers and a new stadium being built. Channel your hatred of the Saints on week 3 and don't live in the past.

Not to dredge this topic up again. But ..... regardless of how it effected the outcome, I will say again that the refs pretty much allowed bounty gate to be effective. They simply did not do their jobs to protect the players according to the rules of the game.

faninphx
07-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Not to dredge this topic up again. But ..... regardless of how it effected the outcome, I will say again that the refs pretty much allowed bounty gate to be effective. They simply did not do their jobs to protect the players according to the rules of the game.

Yeah, I know. In a way I sympathize because I still can't watch any highlights of our 98 championship game without getting a sick feeling in my stomach. And I do agree that the refs turned a blind eye to late hits and unnecessary roughness. BUT that was 5 years ago...time to move on. Going back and watching the game in slow-motion is a kick in the balls. It would be like pouring over old pictures and love notes from an ex girlfriend....time to move on.

marshallvike
07-18-2014, 07:36 PM
....my vhs collection of vikings games? I have most games from 2004-2008 recorded on vhs tapes that i have already copied to dvd. So, does anybody want them? Or am i just weird that i keep every viking game? Haha just let me know
Weird? No. Masochist may be a more appropriate term.

VKG4LFE
07-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Do you have the DVD of the 2008 Vikings @ Cardinals game? The one where we beat them 35-14. I was at that game and would love to have a memento.

Unfortunately I don't have that game on VHS, I think I have it on DVD though. I could try to copy it and get it to you if you want. Send me a pm with your address. The quality will probably be pretty low but better than nothing right.

VKG4LFE
07-29-2014, 08:27 AM

I do have that on DVD...as well as the 1998 championship game! If you really want a copy pm me.

Memories :(

VKG4LFE
07-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately I don't have that game on VHS, I think I have it on DVD though. I could try to copy it and get it to you if you want. Send me a pm with your address. The quality will probably be pretty low but better than nothing right.

So I just went to look and I actually don't even have that game on DVD. I'm sorry. I have every other game that season including the playoff game. Not sure what the heck happened to that game.

Minniman
08-02-2014, 09:21 PM
My wife would kill me. I already have to find a place for my CDs, DVDs, and Blu Rays, and my stacks of Discover, Popular Science, and National Geographic magazines irritate her to no end.

iowa
08-03-2014, 03:59 PM
good god man, why would anyone punish themselves by watching all of that disappointment and failure ?

VKG4LFE
08-03-2014, 04:10 PM
good god man, why would anyone punish themselves by watching all of that disappointment and failure ?

It's for the love of the vikings! Haha

Dibbzz
08-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I think it'd be cool if you took those VHS/DVD's and uploaded them onto Dailymotion (fuck Youtube since they'll likely be taken down by the Goodell Mafia) or online somewhere. I'm pretty sure those like myself and on other Vikings fansites like /r/minnesotavikings would love to have those online to enjoy. Just a suggestion.

VKG4LFE
08-05-2014, 02:50 PM
I think it'd be cool if you took those VHS/DVD's and uploaded them onto Dailymotion (fuck Youtube since they'll likely be taken down by the Goodell Mafia) or online somewhere. I'm pretty sure those like myself and on other Vikings fansites like /r/minnesotavikings would love to have those online to enjoy. Just a suggestion.

I don't want to get in trouble by posting them online though, I think the goodell mafia will find them anywhere haha