PDA

View Full Version : Chris Houston and Brandon Flowers Are Available

thorshammer
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Anyone think we still need help or depth at the CB position?

313zoe
06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Tha vikings should pursue flowers, houston wasn't neva good anyway

Dibbzz
06-14-2014, 01:42 PM
I'd definitely be down to sign Brandon Flowers for depth. Guy made the fucking Pro Bowl last season and he'd definitely is better than a lot of the guys we have. I say we should run and not walk to sign him to at least a one-year prove it deal.

gamecocksbaseball31
06-14-2014, 07:17 PM
No doubt we should sign one of them. Obviously Flowers is the better of the two, but with Zim's track record he may be able to get big things out of Houston for a cheaper price.

midgensa
06-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Flowers is not going to come cheap ... he wants to get paid and probably deserves it.

I would love to see us go after him, but I don't know about the money. I like Houston and think that he could be a very good player in our system.

Either one of these guys would be a great upgrade and give us a solid front three with decent fourth and fifth depth.

drewlovs
06-14-2014, 10:57 PM
If we DON'T go after either, that tells us a lot on how Zimmer feels about the guys he has presently.

Should be interesting to watch.

Ranger
06-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Flowers was bad last year, and I don't know if he can play man. Houston hasn't ever been starter material.

vikinggreg
06-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Detroit Lions release ailing CB Chris Houston | Detroit Free Press | freep.com (http://www.freep.com/article/20140613/SPORTS01/306130156/detroit-lions-chris-houston-cut)
No doubt we should sign one of them. Obviously Flowers is the better of the two, but with Zim's track record he may be able to get big things out of Houston for a cheaper price.

Houston suffers from a degenerative condition in foot that's been problem since high school and he had surgery this spring which was similar to Deion Sanders near the end of his career, I think its safer to save the money by staying clear of Houston

mountainviking
06-17-2014, 09:20 AM
If we DON'T go after either, that tells us a lot on how Zimmer feels about the guys he has presently.

Should be interesting to watch.

I don't think we can read that much into it, as Spielman and Bizdealski have their jobs to do as well as far as managing the cap etc. Flowers could easily price himself out of our services and/or receive a better offer from someone else with more cap space who could throw a large signing bonus at him that he would have in hand immediately...OAK for example.

Also, according to the pft article, he was not a good fit in the man-press coverage scheme that KC moved to last year...

In other words, yeah, adding a former pro-bowl CB sounds great, but the scheme and/or price tag may not fit as well as we'd like to hope.

drewlovs
06-18-2014, 06:02 PM
The more I've looked into this, the more I wonder if either would be a fit for us even IF the price was right.

Zimmer seems to have his "key veteran leadership", and is now trying to put as much young talent around those vets as possible. It would be counter-productive for his to shake the apple cart so hard at this point.

WEEELLL... unless it was a Revis or Geno Atkins sort of shake up. But neither are on this side of the "realm of possibility". As such, I expect that, barring injury, we have the large pool our defense will be chosen from.

Marrdro
06-23-2014, 12:36 PM
........snip....... Bizdealski

LOL, I like that one better than my Bryzcheapski title. :)

I'm glad the Vikings didn't waste a roster spot on these two. I think all Vikings fans will see what that yutz Marrdro has been saying about fixing the defense with a 1 tech, vice more DB's, was true.