PDA

View Full Version : Bortles vs. Maziel vs. Bridgewater

Minniman
05-21-2014, 06:17 PM
These are the 2014 QB first round picks.

What made each one worth the first round selection?

How well do they compare?

Which has the best tools for the NFL?

Compare and contrast, but please provide some information to back any statements. Please, no "just sayin'" in this thread.

HEY
05-22-2014, 09:40 AM
They all 3 will always be compared against each other. Funny how they got picked in the opposite order of how they were projected at the end of last season. Teams can be so blind to actual game performance and instead fall too much in love with size and intriguing potential.

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick. If there's one thing I think he got over the others, it's full dedication to football and game study.

PackSux!
05-22-2014, 07:01 PM
They all 3 will always be compared against each other. Funny how they got picked in the opposite order of how they were projected at the end of last season. Teams can be so blind to actual game performance and instead fall too much in love with size and intriguing potential.

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick. If there's one thing I think he got over the others, it's full dedication to football and game study.

Everything I hear on kfan is positive so far.

First one there and last to leave, and learning playbook fast .

singersp
05-25-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick.

Giving up the 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round is fair compensation & value for a late 1st round pick, but it's not getting a 1st round pick " for virtually a second round pick".

vikinggreg
05-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Manziel parties in Vegas | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/25/manziel-parties-in-vegas/)Manziel parties in Vegas

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns quarterback flew to Las Vegas to unwind a bit (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/johnny_manziel_spends_his_brea.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) during a short break in offseason workouts.

Whether he is partying after the draft or during ota breaks this is a link he has with Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, it remains to be seen if this will cause problems for him but it isn't something I have seen from Bortles or Bridgewater yet.

jargomcfargo
05-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Manziel parties in Vegas | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/25/manziel-parties-in-vegas/)Manziel parties in Vegas

Whether he is partying after the draft or during ota breaks this is a link he has with Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, it remains to be seen if this will cause problems for him but it isn't something I have seen from Bortles or Bridgewater yet.
He is the anti-Tebow !

faninphx
06-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Here are my humble opinions on each QB:

Teddy Bridgewater: I'll be honest, part of me wanted us to draft Manziel on draft day but I'm very happy with Bridgewater. He is athletic, has good instincts and calm in the pocket. I really hope he is developed slowly and learns quickly.

Johnny Football[B]: I kinda feel bad for all the scrutiny he's under. Every mistake he makes will be blown out of proportion. I think he has the highest ceiling out of any of these QB's. I think as long as he's a serious student of the game and realizes that all of the improv and running around might not work out at this level.

[B]Blake Bortles: I don't consider myself a scout by any stretch of the imagination but I really have no clue why there's so much hype around this kid. I've seen lots of highlights of him and I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think he's terribly accurate or mobile. Every time I heard a draft expert talk about him all they do is wax on about his physical tools. It takes a lot more than tools to make it in the NFL. Just ask Scott Mitchell, Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell. If I had to pick a potential bust of these three, it would definitely be Bortles.

bleedpurple
06-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Best qb in the draft is going to be teddy B. I see his dedication with his film study and work ethic what not similar to all time greats. I believe he'll transfer it to the field too. Bad ass in college. Tape don't lie

drewlovs
06-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Teddy bought into the Viking organization before, I think, the Vikings bought into him. Perhaps there IS something to God having something to do with it, as Teddy insisted. His smile on draft night said, "THIS is were I want to be!!"

No interview, no action, no facial expression since that time has said otherwise. This kid considers himself a Viking, and he is absolutely determined to learn everything he can until his number is called.

I do not see that dedication, as of yet (though it might be there) from the other 2. I would love, personally, to see both Manziel AND Bridgewater to light it up, Manziel only because if you are a fan of the NFL, you have to have a soft spot for the Browns.

But I think Teddy has the lead so far int he intangible race between these 3.

thorshammer
06-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Teddy bought into the Viking organization before, I think, the Vikings bought into him. Perhaps there IS something to God having something to do with it, as Teddy insisted. His smile on draft night said, "THIS is were I want to be!!"

No interview, no action, no facial expression since that time has said otherwise. This kid considers himself a Viking, and he is absolutely determined to learn everything he can until his number is called.

I do not see that dedication, as of yet (though it might be there) from the other 2. I would love, personally, to see both Manziel AND Bridgewater to light it up, Manziel only because if you are a fan of the NFL, you have to have a soft spot for the Browns.

But I think Teddy has the lead so far int he intangible race between these 3.
+1 Agree with everything you said. I think TB gets what we want and will do everything necessary to make sure he's our QB. Can't wait for football to start.

purplehelmut
06-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Aside from my humble opinion that he can't play, I did not want Manziel on the Vikings and have to put up with the sideshow act and all the distractions that come with him. It will get old very soon. I think he likes the idea of being a pro QB but will not put the effort into it that is required to be a success.

drewlovs
06-11-2014, 12:51 PM
There is no way to know now. We will have all the details in 4 years or so, and since we didn't draft him, it doesn't really matter.

The dice have been cast, and true to my promise, I have moved on to the players we DO have, with full trust in our coaching staff. Cleveland has had a miserable time with things over the last 40-50 years, so I hope for the best for them.

I love Manziel, so when we didn't take him, I was rooting for Cleveland. It is just a "wait and see" situation now.

Minniman
06-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Cleveland has had a miserable time with things over the last 40-50 years, so I hope for the best for them.

I love Manziel, so when we didn't take him, I was rooting for Cleveland. It is just a "wait and see" situation now.
I hope any player the Vikings did not draft is a bust. I hope Manziel, now with the Browns, is a bust. I wish no other team the best.

drewlovs
06-13-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm a fan of football in general; my dad was in the service, so I didn't have a "home town team". We rooted for the Vikings because my DAD was from Minnesota. Depending on where he was stationed, I might have never seen a Vikings game for years except highlights... as such, it was easy to have a second team to follow since I could at least see them play.

I have a soft spot for the 'skins and the 49ers because of this, but only a slight interest. I remember when Cleveland lost the browns in '95, and I don't know about you, but I was outraged for them... it was a shitty move by owner that made HIS problems the Brown's problems.

That ALL being said, there is NO team I have ever rooted for over the Vikings... but we only play one team a week.

faninphx
06-19-2014, 03:33 AM
I think Bridgewater was the safest pick of the draft. I think he stands tall in the pocket and has good accuracy and decision making. If it weren't for his sub par pro day, he would've been a top 15 lock. As long as we develop him slowly, I think he will be a steal at pick 32.

To be honest, part of me wanted to draft Manziel on draft day. I know he comes with a lot of baggage and some people think he will be a bust but I think he has the highest ceiling. Most football gurus scoff at this but I think he's a winner. As long as he takes the game seriously and dedicates himself to film and practice, he will be a great asset. I couldn't believe he got so much heat for going to Vegas. If you were 22, a celebrity with lots of cash, where would you go?

Bortles is the biggest question mark for me. I don't consider myself a scout by any stretch of the imagination but I think he has the biggest bust potential of the three. I've seen quite a bit of highlights and everything screams mediocrity to me. All of his passes are to wide open receivers who get 40 yards after catch. The pass wasn't even accurate to begin with. Every time I hear experts talk about him, all they do is wax on about his physical tools. It takes a lot more than physical tools to be successful. Just ask Scott Mitchell, JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. I'm sure there are things that I'm missing but I've never seen him do anything that makes me say "Wow, that was a great play!"

TeamSoftware
07-01-2014, 09:24 AM
We certainly do not need the distraction...

Johnny Manziel PARTYING WITH BIEBER ... Cops Called (http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/01/johnny-manziel-partying-justin-bieber-floyd-mayweather-tyrese/)

--Scott

mountainviking
07-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I am so much happier with what I'm hearing about our guy Teddy B than Johnny tMZ...

Our guy may not have the top physical traits, but his dedication and work ethic are head and shoulders above and may very well lead to him being the best QB of this draft class. He just seems so happy to be a Viking that he will remain focused and work his ass off to be the best he can be...which gives him at least a chance.

drewlovs
07-01-2014, 11:38 AM
If Jay Z wanted to hang out with Teddy Bridgewater, I would expect him to be there.

What has Bortles and Bridgewater done with THEIR down time? Don't know? NO ONE knows, because they don't have a thousand people snapping pictures of them on a daily basis. The only question I have of Manziel is, can he succeed on the field? Until we know that, all of this is just a "slow football news" day blitz.

He reminds me of a wealth of football players, some busts, some hall of famers if I consider his off the field antics. But all of that means squat... if he can take his ability to the next level, people will be cheering him on; if he can't, they will mock him. Only time will tell.

HEY
07-01-2014, 02:04 PM
I think Bridgewater was the safest pick of the draft. I think he stands tall in the pocket and has good accuracy and decision making. If it weren't for his sub par pro day, he would've been a top 15 lock. As long as we develop him slowly, I think he will be a steal at pick 32.

To be honest, part of me wanted to draft Manziel on draft day. I know he comes with a lot of baggage and some people think he will be a bust but I think he has the highest ceiling. Most football gurus scoff at this but I think he's a winner. As long as he takes the game seriously and dedicates himself to film and practice, he will be a great asset. I couldn't believe he got so much heat for going to Vegas. If you were 22, a celebrity with lots of cash, where would you go?

Bortles is the biggest question mark for me. I don't consider myself a scout by any stretch of the imagination but I think he has the biggest bust potential of the three. I've seen quite a bit of highlights and everything screams mediocrity to me. All of his passes are to wide open receivers who get 40 yards after catch. The pass wasn't even accurate to begin with. Every time I hear experts talk about him, all they do is wax on about his physical tools. It takes a lot more than physical tools to be successful. Just ask Scott Mitchell, JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. I'm sure there are things that I'm missing but I've never seen him do anything that makes me say "Wow, that was a great play!"
I just had to comment because it's crazy how much I agree with your post. You got a good mind ;)

Leading up to the draft, I have to admit that logic said to draft Bridgewater, but Manziel was so intriguing. It was hard to choose, should I go with the logic or the excitement? I'm glad how it went down though. I like Bridgewater a lot. And drafting Blake Bortles was a huge reach. haha. Poor Jaguars. They have so many needs and then they draft a project QB so high.

tastywaves
07-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Partying with Justin Bieber, don't know how anyone can defend that. Is that really the best you could find Johnny? JFF my ass, more like JAB....just another beleiber.

drewlovs
07-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Partying with Justin Bieber, don't know how anyone can defend that. Is that really the best you could find Johnny? JFF my ass, more like JAB....just another beleiber.

Until I hear him say, "Beiber is my boi!", I'm calling it "both in the same place at the same time".

I honestly can't imagine any man intentionally hanging with Beiber that isn't gay.

And that isn't a knock on gay men, my uncle said he liked Beiber "because he is cute." My uncle is follower type of gay man, and is very involved with the online gay community. I have to think he isn't alone; he wouldn't say that if it wasn't a consensus opinion. That is how my uncle is...

There was no point in telling you that besides looking for sympathy; yes, these are the types of conversations he likes to have, and I have to see him every day.:petersaysowsmall:

TeamSoftware
07-02-2014, 10:30 AM
If Jay Z wanted to hang out with Teddy Bridgewater, I would expect him to be there.

What has Bortles and Bridgewater done with THEIR down time? Don't know? NO ONE knows, because they don't have a thousand people snapping pictures of them on a daily basis. The only question I have of Manziel is, can he succeed on the field? Until we know that, all of this is just a "slow football news" day blitz.

He reminds me of a wealth of football players, some busts, some hall of famers if I consider his off the field antics. But all of that means squat... if he can take his ability to the next level, people will be cheering him on; if he can't, they will mock him. Only time will tell.

Well if I was just starting a multi million dollar high profile job where I needed to learn an entire new offense, and could be out of a job in a year, I would not be partying like a rock star, I would be studying the play books and preparing my body for what is to come. I do not care how confident I was.

But you are correct, if he can perform nobody will care.

--Scott

vikinggreg
07-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Until I hear him say, "Beiber is my boi!", I'm calling it "both in the same place at the same time".

Well sometimes you expect Beiber to be in his own house from time to time

His most recent high-profile act of partying — a visit to Justin Bieber’s house only a few days after reports surfaced that the Browns want Manziel to tone it down — has a wrinkle that could go awry for Manziel, if he makes a habit of hanging out with young pop stars. Per a source who briefly attended the soiree, underage girls were present at the Bieber party

Manziel’s partying with Bieber carries a very specific legal risk | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/02/manziels-partying-with-bieber-carries-a-very-specific-legal-risk/)

But hey Manziel was partying with Beiber's ex the week before

Johnny Manziel, Justin Bieber’s Ex-Girlfriend Party In Houston (Photo) | Cleveland Browns | NESN.com (http://nesn.com/2014/06/johnny-manziel-parties-with-justin-biebers-ex-girlfriend-photo/)

purplehelmut
07-03-2014, 08:34 AM
I can't believe how we're talking about a qb who has never taken the first snap and who doesn't even play for the Vikings. I don't give a flying f__k about no Johnny Manziel. He's not a Viking. To me he's just another qb in the league who has yet to earn his contract.

TeamSoftware
07-03-2014, 10:35 AM
I can't believe how we're talking about a qb who has never taken the first snap and who doesn't even play for the Vikings. I don't give a flying f__k about no Johnny Manziel. He's not a Viking. To me he's just another qb in the league who has yet to earn his contract.

I think it is because this reeks of a love boat type scandal and we are happy we got a bridge over that troubled water.

And everyone is making the comparison:
NFL Roundtable: Teddy Bridgewater vs. Johnny Manziel - Cincy Jungle (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/7/2/5863901/nfl-roundtable-teddy-bridgewater-vs-johnny-manziel)

--Scott

HEY
07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Giving up the 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round is fair compensation & value for a late 1st round pick, but it's not getting a 1st round pick " for virtually a second round pick".
Hm... let's see... We gave up a second round pick for Bridgewater. Did we give up any 1st round picks? No, we didn't. Ergo, we gave up a second round pick for Bridgewater. :P

midgensa
07-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Hm... let's see... We gave up a second round pick for Bridgewater. Did we give up any 1st round picks? No, we didn't. Ergo, we gave up a second round pick for Bridgewater. :P

No ... we basically gave up a fourth rounder for him ... the second rounder does not matter ... it is replaced by the first rounder ... the fourth rounder is what we gave up to move up.

It is correct though ... people who claim we gave up a 2nd and 4th to get him are a little off ... because we did not trust him to be at the second ... we SWAPPED the second and GAVE UP a fourth.

marshallvike
07-03-2014, 03:28 PM
No ... we basically gave up a fourth rounder for him ... the second rounder does not matter ... it is replaced by the first rounder ... the fourth rounder is what we gave up to move up.

It is correct though ... people who claim we gave up a 2nd and 4th to get him are a little off ... because we did not trust him to be at the second ... we SWAPPED the second and GAVE UP a fourth.

with the added benefit of the 5th yr option.

purpleblood32
07-03-2014, 05:19 PM
with the added benefit of the 5th yr option.

TB ...is doing all the right things...not because its expected of him ..but because he wants it ...sky is the limit if he has the smarts and talent ...because we have turner and a good suporting cast of players

vikinggreg
07-04-2014, 08:39 PM

It is correct though ... people who claim we gave up a 2nd and 4th to get him are a little off ... because we did not trust him to be at the second ... we SWAPPED the second and GAVE UP a fourth.Or used a 4th round pick to move up 9 spots

Ted Dibiase
07-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Or used a 4th round pick to move up 9 spots
That's how I look at it. We only "gave up" the 2nd rounder in the sense that we gave up our #8 for Barr.

singersp
07-05-2014, 10:59 AM

No, we gave up he 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round. That's 2 picks. You're acting as if we gave up only a 2nd round pick for a 1st rounder.

drewlovs
07-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Well sometimes you expect Beiber to be in his own house from time to time

Manziel’s partying with Bieber carries a very specific legal risk | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/02/manziels-partying-with-bieber-carries-a-very-specific-legal-risk/)

But hey Manziel was partying with Beiber's ex the week before

Johnny Manziel, Justin Bieber’s Ex-Girlfriend Party In Houston (Photo) | Cleveland Browns | NESN.com (http://nesn.com/2014/06/johnny-manziel-parties-with-justin-biebers-ex-girlfriend-photo/)

Thanks for pointing that out, I stand corrected.

No, we gave up he 8th pick of the 2nd round, plus the 8th pick of the 4th round. That's 2 picks. You're acting as if we gave up only a 2nd round pick for a 1st rounder.

Isn't that "giving up a 4th round pick to move up 9 spots"? If we are going to argue the cut of split hairs, this is going to get real boring real quick.

You guys are saying the same thing but as if you are disagreeing...

singersp
07-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Isn't that "giving up a 4th round pick to move up 9 spots"? If we are going to argue the cut of split hairs, this is going to get real boring real quick.

You guys are saying the same thing but as if you are disagreeing...
No, we didn't say the same thing. Originally what was said was....

I'm glad we got Bridgewater for vitrually a second round pick.

That to me sounds like he's implying we gave up our 2nd round pick to get a first round pick & nothing more. I disagreed basically said you have to include what else we gave up in that trade.

marshallvike
07-06-2014, 11:10 AM
I hold no ill will against Manziel. I hope he does well in the NFL for the Browns. Those fans deserve a winner. I really do not think about Bortles at all, but I hope he does well also. Bridgewater has impressed me. Right from the time of the draft he has spent his time studying our system. He says all the right things, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I really hope he is the QB we have been searching for for many years. Everything I have read about him has been positive. So, I guess, I hope all three along with Garappolo and Carr do well. I just hope Bridgewater does better than all of them.

vikinggreg
07-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Manziel’s latest Vegas trip creates an interesting photo | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/manziels-latest-vegas-trip-creates-an-interesting-photo/)
anyone know of any reasons why Manziel would be tightly rolling money in a bathroom, feel free to drop them in the comments.
Latest party weekend for Johnny Vegas toned down doesn't "look" good, I feel better about the Bridgewater pick after every weekend. Pass or fail Teddy appears to be giving an honest effort and likely won't get suspended before training camp or during preseason.

tastywaves
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Manziel’s latest Vegas trip creates an interesting photo | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/manziels-latest-vegas-trip-creates-an-interesting-photo/)
Latest party weekend for Johnny Vegas toned down doesn't "look" good, I feel better about the Bridgewater pick after every weekend. Pass or fail Teddy appears to be giving an honest effort and likely won't get suspended before training camp or during preseason.

Fall of the John Boat yet Drew?

Johnny Belieber comes from a lot of money. He plays football because it's fun for him. Brings notoriety and all that goes with it. If he is not allowed to enjoy the extracurricular parts of being famous, I doubt he will maintain much interest. That includes not starting and being the primary headline.

Looks to be a riskier pick by the day. Then again, maybe he was just using that dollar bill to shoot spitballs. Whatever the case, he is making sure that he is headlining the news every chance he can.

faninphx
07-07-2014, 08:00 PM

Johnny Belieber comes from a lot of money. He plays football because it's fun for him. Brings notoriety and all that goes with it. If he is not allowed to enjoy the extracurricular parts of being famous, I doubt he will maintain much interest. That includes not starting and being the primary headline.

Looks to be a riskier pick by the day. Then again, maybe he was just using that dollar bill to shoot spitballs. Whatever the case, he is making sure that he is headlining the news every chance he can.

Maybe I'm a bit naive but I don't understand all of this cynicism directed at JM (and not just by you tastywaves, but from a lot of people). I think he's a damn good qb who plays with a lot of passion. I also think it's highly suspect to claim he only plays qb to perpetuate his party lifestyle. So what if he goes to Vegas or parties with celebs? He's in his early 20's and is famous. Wouldn't you go to clubs, too? He doesn't have to live like Greta Garbo to be a good qb. It's not like he stages publicity stunts like Miley Cyrus, the attention just seems to follow him.

Mr Anderson
07-08-2014, 12:14 AM

allmeatnopotatoes says:
Jul 7, 2014 9:33 AM
He obviously is making an antenna for his money phone.

tastywaves
07-08-2014, 09:06 AM

Maybe I'm a bit naive but I don't understand all of this cynicism directed at JM (and not just by you tastywaves, but from a lot of people). I think he's a damn good qb who plays with a lot of passion. I also think it's highly suspect to claim he only plays qb to perpetuate his party lifestyle. So what if he goes to Vegas or parties with celebs? He's in his early 20's and is famous. Wouldn't you go to clubs, too? He doesn't have to live like Greta Garbo to be a good qb. It's not like he stages publicity stunts like Miley Cyrus, the attention just seems to follow him.

Johnny is making it pretty clear that partying is very important to him regardless of what his employer tells him. Rolling dollar bills in a bathroom of a nightclub is putting him in the spotlight of the NFL as well.

Maybe he'll turn a page and grow up, but at his current pace we may never get to see what he could be in the NFL. Which would be a shame.

drewlovs
07-08-2014, 04:17 PM
I still like the football player. All this "off the field" stuff bores the hell out of me, I am sick of hearing anything and everything the boy is doing.

They made a big deal over a selfie with a hot chick, for crying out loud!! How many other football players have taken selfies with girls by a pool? And yet, the was top of the fold news!!

Let's please wait until training camp before we write him off? Is that too much to ask? I'm sick of grumpy old football players suddenly becoming holier-than-thou and preaching anti-Manziel rants, as if they were model players and the perfect role models when THEY were 22-23.

C Mac D
07-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Wonder what he blew first, the coke or Bieber?

JPPT1974
07-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Glad that Manziel is not on the Vikings. As really the new coaching staff would not take to his partying ways.

thorshammer
07-09-2014, 11:38 AM
JM may end up being a great NFL QB ..... but I like our chances with Teddy better .... lower risk.

Minniman
07-09-2014, 11:58 PM
I hold no ill will against Manziel. I hope he does well in the NFL for the Browns. Those fans deserve a winner.
Manziel is not a Viking, so I hope he face-plants.

purplehelmut
07-10-2014, 08:50 AM
I hope he face plants not only because he is not a Viking but also because I don't like anything about him and I think he's a fraud.

singersp
07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Johnny is making it pretty clear that partying is very important to him regardless of what his employer tells him. Rolling dollar bills in a bathroom of a nightclub is putting him in the spotlight of the NFL as well.

Maybe he'll turn a page and grow up, but at his current pace we may never get to see what he could be in the NFL. Which would be a shame.

Josh Gordon is making it pretty clear that partying is very important to him regardless of what his employer tells him. Unlike Johnny, Josh is actually breaking laws, getting arrested & into legal trouble & facing a 1 year NFL suspension.

But yeah, apparently Johnny, not Josh is the one that needs to grow up.

singersp
07-11-2014, 08:51 AM

He blew nothing.

Or do people actually think the photographer took a pic of Johnny rolling up a bill, but passed on taking a pic of him doing a line.

tastywaves
07-11-2014, 10:16 AM

Josh Gordon is making it pretty clear that partying is very important to him regardless of what his employer tells him. Unlike Johnny, Josh is actually breaking laws, getting arrested & into legal trouble & facing a 1 year NFL suspension.

But yeah, apparently Johnny, not Josh is the one that needs to grow up.

Not sure why you need to compare the two. Josh is getting his, most likely suspended for the year. Definitely fighting his own personal demons and hurting his franchise in the process. Feel free to dump on him as much as you want.

If you want to defend Johnny and pretend he is doing nothing wrong go for it. I doubt anyone in the Browns' franchise agrees with you. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.....

tastywaves
07-11-2014, 10:19 AM

He blew nothing.

Or do people actually think the photographer took a pic of Johnny rolling up a bill, but passed on taking a pic of him doing a line.

How do you know whether he blew anything. Including Bieber. Just because the guy with the cellphone didn't get Johnny in the act doesn't mean it didn't happen. Certainly there must be some scenario in your head where you can see the guy with the cellphone (aka the photographer) didn't have an opportunity to catch him in the act. Like maybe he was rolling up his own bill.

If Johnny is just playing with the public, that is probably worse than the actual act.

vikinggreg
07-11-2014, 11:22 PM
How do you know whether he blew anything. Including Bieber. Just because the guy with the cellphone didn't get Johnny in the act doesn't mean it didn't happen. Certainly there must be some scenario in your head where you can see the guy with the cellphone (aka the photographer) didn't have an opportunity to catch him in the act. Like maybe he was rolling up his own bill.

If Johnny is just playing with the public, that is probably worse than the actual act.I still think its just an antenna for his money phone

vikinggreg
07-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Manziel’s play in OTAs “regressed” as the workouts went on — and that members of the organization believed it could be chalked up to Manziel not being diligent enough in his work.
What’s more, the Plain Dealer, citing sources, reported that some in the organization believed Manziel had “lost ground” in the battle to beat out Brian Hoyer (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5463/brian-hoyer) for the starting job.

Report: Johnny Manziel’s off-field actions have “alarmed” Browns | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/25/report-johnny-manziels-off-field-actions-have-alarmed-browns/)

"I think he probably should've gone in the first 10 picks," Turner said, via the team's website (http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Training_Camp_Preview_Turner_Talks_Offense/ca55f706-5afe-44cd-8db2-93cb8e824251). "He probably should've gone at least in the first half of the first round, and then we're sitting there with an opportunity to get him when we did, it was a bonus to me.”

Minnesota Vikings OC: Teddy Bridgewater should have been Top 10 pick - NFL - SI.com (http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/22/minnesota-vikings-norv-turner-teddy-bridgewater)

Brewtal
07-30-2014, 12:45 AM
All I can say is I was not big on Bridgwater although could live with getting him at the end of the 1st round. That all being said, his attitude alone has proven me wrong. He is a class act and it will only make his game better. So glad we got Bridgwater over Mr. Me Manziel.

digital420
08-02-2014, 04:52 AM
i think now a week into the camps, most of the preparing completed, I feel we got the best of the 3.

Teddy average comment across the media spectrum has been a lot of praise, some knocks, but all in all seems to be the one who is being linked to possible start this year.

Bortles, has been touted well but is expected to be red shirted.

johnny media.. doesn't seem ready as expected. with a tight front half of the schedule, i really doubt we see him enter the fray till mid season if this year at all, unless the media tears henne apart and they bring in their future to save a fan base.

based on coaches comments, and news fodder.. teddy is panning out to be the real deal a bit ahead of the other 2. and Norv really taking teddy and molding an O around what he can do, with the weapons he's put around him, really makes me think we finally have a future QB.. now please can that future start now!!

DiGiTaL

singersp
08-02-2014, 12:20 PM
"I think he probably should've gone in the first 10 picks," Turner said, via the team's website. "He probably should've gone at least in the first half of the first round, and then we're sitting there with an opportunity to get him when we did, it was a bonus to me.”

Minnesota Vikings OC: Teddy Bridgewater should have been Top 10 pick - NFL - SI.com (http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/22/minnesota-vikings-norv-turner-teddy-bridgewater)

Yet the Vikings passed on him when they had the 9th overall pick in the draft. They were damn lucky he was still there at the end of the 1st round & were able to pull off a trade to get him.

Minniman
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Watching game film, here is what I see ...

Bortles looks like Christian Ponder. He is good at the short game, and he looks the part. He gets rattled and makes poor throws under pressure. He does not go through progressions well enough when moving out of the pocket.

Manziel looks like Doug Flutie. He sometimes gets lucky when he tosses it up, but his field vision is not great. Perhaps his height is a problem. Manziel tucks the ball in and scrambles instead of looking for the hot receiver. He is exciting when he scrambles, but the game is often won or lost in the air.

Bridgewater looks like Brett Favre. He knows the plays, so when under pressure he can make the throws to where that receiver should be. Throwing the ball up deep can be dangerous in the NFL, but Favre won games with it time and time again. Bridgewater goes through his progressions under pressure. He can run, but he steps up in the pocket and looks for the hot or checks the deep route for late separation. Bridgewater also has the same wobbly pass that somehow hits its mark nine time out of ten.

That is not to say Bortles will fail like Ponder. Maybe he is what Ponder should have been.

Manziel may be better than Flutie, but the NFL is a different game than college ball. Those on field stunts get quarterbacks hurt or intercepted.

Bridgewater may never be a player like Favre. That is a pretty big leap. Brett was not only a skilled quarterback, his leadership skills were often a deciding factor in games. Players played their best for him. Also, Favre did not have to wear gloves.

vikinggreg
08-08-2014, 08:58 AM
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/NFL_Network_Teddy_Bridgewater_vs_Johnny_Manziel/eb5f31c1-9d04-455b-9b27-7bc91f347fd1

Interesting will the Browns look back at this draft rule the day they passed on Teddy...I like the response...OOoooowww

gregair13
08-11-2014, 01:53 AM
Manizel is going to win the division for the Browns. Bridgewater is not.

marshallvike
08-11-2014, 10:49 AM

Of course he won't. He doesn't play for the Browns.

Minniman
08-11-2014, 05:07 PM
You are stating that Bridgewater is less capable of winning the NFC North with the Vikings than Manziel is capable of winning the AFC North with the Browns? What evidence or logic would you consider that would back that statement? I assume you have some reasons for the conclusion you have reached.

tastywaves
08-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Looks like Fran the Man has done a 180 on JFF.

Fran Tarkenton Doesn’t Think Much of Johnny Manziel Based on the Preseason | The Big Lead (http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/25/fran-tarkenton-doesnt-think-much-of-johnny-manziel-based-on-the-preseason/)

“He was very inaccurate. You can have the strongest arm or the weakest arm — but you cannot play quarterback if you’re not accurate with the football. It’s not a hard thing to do. The great ones are always accurate. He missed four or five passes last week that were way off the mark. You cannot teach accuracy.
“He doesn’t look as quick. He looks hesitant. Right now, I don’t think he’s going to be an outstanding quarterback.”

Bortles has looked good so far and would probably would be leading most people's votes between the three at this point. But then, this is just pre-season....were talking about pre-season, pre-season, this is not even a real game....pre-season.

tarkenton10
08-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Fran Tarkenton Doesn’t Think Much of Johnny Manziel Based on the Preseason | The Big Lead (http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/25/fran-tarkenton-doesnt-think-much-of-johnny-manziel-based-on-the-preseason/)

Bortles has looked good so far and would probably would be leading most people's votes between the three at this point. But then, this is just pre-season....were talking about pre-season, pre-season, this is not even a real game....pre-season.

I wanted Bortles and by all accounts should be starting in Jacksonville. I do like the idea of sitting him though, he needs time for the game to slow down. The same can be said of Bridgewater, who had a great preseason. I think both teams made very good decisions and that should pay dividends next year.

gregair13
08-26-2014, 01:25 AM
Bortles looks the best so far. Manziel looks the worst.

tarkenton10
08-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Bortles looks the best so far. Manziel looks the worst.

After Bortles was off the table, I do have to say that I would have liked to have drafted Manziel, that was a bullet dodged, I do believe now, WHEW!! I thought Teddy was the worst out of the three but I did state that he would be the best of the three the first two years because he was the most NFL ready. I still believe Bortles will have the best career though, but now I think Teddy is going to better than Manziel.

C Mac D
08-26-2014, 02:43 PM
After Bortles was off the table, I do have to say that I would have liked to have drafted Manziel, that was a bullet dodged, I do believe now, WHEW!! I thought Teddy was the worst out of the three but I did state that he would be the best of the three the first two years because he was the most NFL ready. I still believe Bortles will have the best career though, but now I think Teddy is going to better than Manziel.

If a QB is drafted by the Browns, you can rest assured that his career will be in the shitter within 3 years.

vikinggreg
08-26-2014, 03:50 PM

Fran Tarkenton: If I had to guess right now, I'd say Johnny Manziel won't make it in the NFL | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20140822-fran-tarkenton-if-i-had-to-guess-right-now-i-d-say-johnny-manziel-won-t-make-it-in-the-nfl.ece)

put a gun to my head and asked me if he was going to make it, I’d say no.

Note to coach, next time you ask Fran for input on a player you to do more than just ask

Asked if he could give Manziel a bit of advice at this point of his career, Tarkenton said, “Get your life straightened out.”

I am a bit surprised there are some out there that don't see any problem with Manziel and that even Johnny says if he had it all to do over again he'd still do it the same.

Really Johnny you wouldn't even get rid of the cameras :think:

tastywaves
08-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Note to coach, next time you ask Fran for input on a player you to do more than just ask

LOL, no doubt, why did he throw that in there?

tastywaves
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM

I would say it's still pretty much a crap shoot. Teddy probably has the best situation of the three. Always hard for a rookie QB coming into a perennial losing franchise. We have seen our share.

Johnny is at his best when he just says FU to the world, so who knows, maybe that works out for him. Either that or he gets pulverized decides the NFL is not for him so he falls back on his college glory and trust fund to stay on Biebs party list.

GALLY
08-29-2014, 09:52 AM
I wrote up a piece with a fantasy spin for the three guys in a dynasty league

Going Crazy; Drafting A QB At #1 In Dynasty Rookie Draft | The Sports Script (http://thesportsscript.com/2014/08/22/going-crazy-drafting-a-qb-at-1-in-dynasty-rookie-draft/)

As a Viking fan I am really happy to get Bridgewater though.

vikinggreg
09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Manziel trademarks the term, “Johnny Cleveland”

Manziel’s other trademarks include “Johnny Football,” “JFF,” “ManzIIiel” and “The House That Johnny Built,”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/04/manziel-trademarks-the-term-johnny-cleveland/

And if things go sideways for Johnny he could try and add The Cleveland Steamer to his list :rolleyes:

Minniman
09-05-2014, 11:33 AM
The thing about Manziel is, even if he is good, he comes off as a selfish prick. I really have a tough time rooting for a person like that. I am happy he was not drafted by the Vikings.

tastywaves
09-05-2014, 11:47 AM
The thing about Manziel is, even if he is good, he comes off as a selfish prick. I really have a tough time rooting for a person like that. I am happy he was not drafted by the Vikings.

Johnny does love him some Johnny

Webby
09-05-2014, 03:06 PM
I have heard squat about Bortles since the draft. Did he fall off the planet?

Julie Palmer
09-05-2014, 06:53 PM
These are the 2014 QB first round picks.

What made each one worth the first round selection?

How well do they compare?

Which has the best tools for the NFL?

Compare and contrast, but please provide some information to back any statements. Please, no "just sayin'" in this thread.

Personally I don't think Manziel should have been drafted until late in the third round. I think the media and Johnny Drama created all the hype and limelight to get a team to pick him. I loved watching him squirm while the draft picks kept slipping away to the 22nd pick. He reminds me of Ryan Leaf. I know so many on threads on Facebook have said...leave him alone, he can do what he wants since training camp hadn't started. I think he took the NFL and its players for granted when it comes to the level of play compared to college. All the media outlets ranted and raved about his pro day and what he did and to me it was a circus act. If he lasts in the NFL, he will be a back up like Rex Grossman. I am also shocked that there has been nothing on A. J. McCarron. I know he's dealing with an injury in Cincinnati. At the same time I'm glad he didn't get sucked up into the media craze and can concentrate solely on football to understand the level of play that is required to be successful in the NFL. I think Blake Bortles reminds me of a combination of Ben Rothlesburger and Andrew Luck. He is built like Ben and has the maturity of Andrew Luck and I believe he will have success in Jacksonville. The jury is still out on Bridgewater, maybe because of the past and how former coaches handled Ponder. He seems to have a level head but I think having Cassel is a godsend and will be a good Mentor for Teddy.

As far as comparing, I rate Bortles first because I believe he will be starter ready before Teddy. I think he has proven that in the pre-season. I put Teddy second because he shows he has maturity and had the ability to make good decisions on the field but still has a lot to learn about reading defenses. It seems like it almost came naturally for Bortles. Johnny "Drama" Football...third. I have a feeling the Browns are going to end up jumping the gun putting in Manziel the minute Hoyer has a bad game, which is a shame because he really did well last year until he got hurt. Manziel is too busy making the money sign with his fingers and posting selfies, then learning the playbook, learning how to read defenses and completely relies on his legs. I will give him this...he scrambles like Tarkenton.

Julie Palmer
09-05-2014, 07:08 PM

From what I have seen, Johnny made it a point to post selfies all by himself. He fed he media. I think it's obvious what Bortles and Bridgewater did on their down time. They studied the playbook once they were drafted and kept their noses clean. That's why we never heard what they did in their down time, just like we never hear what Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Andrew Luck and Brew Brees does on their down time.

Minniman
09-06-2014, 05:07 AM
I think it's obvious what Bortles and Bridgewater did on their down time. They studied the playbook once they were drafted and kept their noses clean. That's why we never heard what they did in their down time, just like we never hear what Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Andrew Luck and Brew Brees does on their down time.
We hear what Brady does on his downtime because his wife is both a model and an advocate for environmental issues. Brady is known for helping work up the gameplan and going over film with coaches.

Manning? When does he have any down time during the season? He practically lives in the film room. This guy is a pro's pro.

Julie Palmer
09-06-2014, 06:08 AM
I watch football channels all off season and I never heard a thing about Brady and concerning Manning, that's my point...you don't hear anything because he's studying film. No news is good news when it comes to football players not making the media.

vikinggreg
09-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Sept 28th

Bortles spent his Sunday here as a starter

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Qualcomm_Stadium.jpg/275px-Qualcomm_Stadium.jpg

Bridgewater spent his day here as a starter

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/TCF_Bank_Stadium_opener.jpg/200px-TCF_Bank_Stadium_opener.jpg

And Johnny Football had a beer at The Ice House and wings for starters and watched football

https://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/small/54209603.jpg

Looks like a shed or Gas Monkey garage ;)

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2014/09/subdued-johnny-manziel-spends-sunday-watching-football-at-katy-trail-ice-house.html/

digital420
09-29-2014, 06:39 AM
I think Teddy has taken the lead.. blake had a good game, but teddy's posture, movement, control of the situation with the nitrogen cooler keepin him icy calm. we know see what it's like to have hope about a QB.. what can be inspired by just one game. teddy said himself, he set hte bar high today. now if he can keep that kinda play going for the next 10-15 years.. well it'll be a fun career to watch as a vikes fan.

DiGiTaL

Beo
09-29-2014, 06:46 AM
So glad that we "settled" for Bridgewater instead of trading up higher to get Manziel! I admit I have been kind of in a zombie mode since the Peterson story broke. I went from super excited from the Rams win to totally depressed about what is probably the loss of the greatest player in our history, Today Teddy snapped me out of my funk and even though the Peterson situation is so surreal to me I am excited again to see what Teddy and this passing game can do.

tarkenton10
09-29-2014, 07:21 AM
I have heard squat about Bortles since the draft. Did he fall off the planet?

You must not have watched any preseason this year. The Jax. coaching staff didn't decide on a starter until week 4 of the preseason. Bortles had an excellent preseason and played better than Henne but the coaching staff decided to start Henne. Which I think is a good move, I don't think any of the QBs drafted should have started this year. I believe all of them need a year to grow and understand the NFL game. Although Teddy did look good yesterday but one game does not make a season.

Minniman
09-29-2014, 02:54 PM
You must not have watched any preseason this year. The Jax. coaching staff didn't decide on a starter until week 4 of the preseason. Bortles had an excellent preseason and played better than Henne but the coaching staff decided to start Henne. Which I think is a good move, I don't think any of the QBs drafted should have started this year. I believe all of them need a year to grow and understand the NFL game.
Well stated ... that is the smart move in the long run.

Although Teddy did look good yesterday, but one game does not make a season.
I agree.

Defenses will scout Bridgewater better over time, and they will find his weaknesses. That is when young quarterbacks either adapt or flounder. Clipboard time learning from a seasoned professional can make a huge difference when that time comes.

C Mac D
09-29-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree.

Defenses will scout Bridgewater better over time, and they will find his weaknesses. That is when young quarterbacks either adapt or flounder. Clipboard time learning from a seasoned professional can make a huge difference when that time comes.

Helps that Atlanta probably had zero film on Jarius Wright... mostly because our coaching staff never utilizes him. Probably also helped that Bridgewater and Wright spent so much time practicing with the 2nd team offense in camp. With Kyle Rudolph being out and the team using more 3-wide sets, Wright got his chance to shine. All I can say is it's about time.

Hopefully the Bridgewater-Wright chemistry keeps on flowing, it sure was fun to watch.

Minniman
09-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Helps that Atlanta probably had zero film on Jarius Wright... mostly because our coaching staff never utilizes him.
Wright was playing; he was just not playing well. It did not help that the Vikings gave him so many 9 routes. He is no burner, and he often does not adjust well to the ball on deep routes.

Probably also helped that Bridgewater and Wright spent so much time practicing with the 2nd team offense in camp. With Kyle Rudolph being out and the team using more 3-wide sets, Wright got his chance to shine. All I can say is it's about time.
I agree; the practice time likely helped. Teddy also gets the ball out quickly and on target, so there are less adjustments to be made by Wright. I also specifically noted that Wright ran better routes against Atlanta. Crisp cuts and clean corners can create enough space for the ball to come in on the hands.

Hopefully the Bridgewater-Wright chemistry keeps on flowing, it sure was fun to watch.
I agree.

The Falcons concentrated on Jennings and Patterson, so Bridgewater hit Wright. Later in the game, the Falcons had their better defenders on Wright, but Wright still got it done. That was an impressive outing and, hopefully, a springboard to better play in the future.

rockymtdan
09-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Can't say who will have the best career but Teddy gave me hope that we may have finally land a QB to take us along for 15 or so years.
By the end of this year we will have a pretty good idea if he can take us to the Superbowl.
Bortles looked good in the high lights and I don't think he had as great an opportunity as Teddy to get the win,but I guess if he had won and Teddy had lost I would say the same thing in reverse.
The NO chance decimated Vikings found a game plan and Teddy executed it. I am all geeked up on this kid..maybe just maybe this franchise has turn the corner.

OH yah F@#! Johnny F

Minniman
09-29-2014, 05:46 PM
This tale of the tape, including a Bridgewater to Wright play, is pretty good:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2214031-tale-of-the-tape-for-nfl-week-4

Jereamiah
09-29-2014, 06:25 PM
For sure, there is quite a bit to be excited about. I'm not all that big on the "Teddy will be the Vikes starter for the next 15 years nonsense." That would be AWESOME. He has played one game. He played lights out. Hope he keeps it up. I sincerely hope he breaks what I consider to be a curse on the team I love. Think about it: the Hershal Walker "Trade," the Love Boat, Moss running over a traffic cop, basically every major record in football, being broken, WHILE PLAYING THE VIKES, ( longest run, TD record, so on and so forth) AP blowin up this season with his actions, who knows what's next. Never seems to fail. Still love em though. Here's to hoping Teddy tears it up and runs wild. Sorry about the negativity, Sunday's game was a ray of much needed sunshine. You see Tuco? You see his face? Ive had that look on mine since 1998……F*ck it. I'm going all in on Teddy. He'll lift this team. Oh, and since this is a Bortles vs. Manziel vs. Teddy thread, it's fairly obvious that the Browns are idiots……Even they know it now. Johnny football? WTF? It's comical at this point

purplehelmut
09-30-2014, 08:40 AM
For a rook TB showed great calm and presence in the pocket. Also very good escapeability. Doubt you see that element in Bortles' game.

rockymtdan
09-30-2014, 09:12 AM
For sure, there is quite a bit to be excited about. I'm not all that big on the "Teddy will be the Vikes starter for the next 15 years nonsense." That would be AWESOME. He has played one game. He played lights out. Hope he keeps it up. I sincerely hope he breaks what I consider to be a curse on the team I love. Think about it: the Hershal Walker "Trade," the Love Boat, Moss running over a traffic cop, basically every major record in football, being broken, WHILE PLAYING THE VIKES, ( longest run, TD record, so on and so forth) AP blowin up this season with his actions, who knows what's next. Never seems to fail. Still love em though. Here's to hoping Teddy tears it up and runs wild. Sorry about the negativity, Sunday's game was a ray of much needed sunshine. You see Tuco? You see his face? Ive had that look on mine since 1998……F*ck it. I'm going all in on Teddy. He'll lift this team. Oh, and since this is a Bortles vs. Manziel vs. Teddy thread, it's fairly obvious that the Browns are idiots……Even they know it now. Johnny football? WTF? It's comical at this point\

I think we all suffer from a battered spouse syndrum. We have been in this bad relationship for so long it is what we expect and have gotten.
After much concealing and therapy I am ready to move on.
I'm going to be foolishly optimistic. Hell I have not even figured out all the new faces on this team, it has truly been an overhaul.
The 3rd and long thing has a very familiar feel to it, one part of the curse that hangs on.
Teddy did look that good and I feel he has energized the whole team. I am going to stick with the belief that he will be here 15 plus years and play at a high level
Purple shades firmly attached. Skol!

Minniman
09-30-2014, 10:10 AM
The knock on Bortles is that he has trouble hitting receivers outside the numbers deep. Ponder had that problem too, and Bortles looks a lot like what Ponder should have been. We will see if they are more alike or more the same.

That stated, Bridgewater missed a wide open Jarius Wright down the sideline against the Falcons. It was an overthrow, and it was in bounds, so that is good, but it was still a miss. Maybe Teddy did not realize Wright is not a burner and could not get under that ball after making a double move to get free downfield.

VKG4LFE
09-30-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm just as pumped as everyone else about Teddy's debut, but let's just chillax a bit on him be a stud for years to come (even though I pray he is). My favorite thing about what I've seen from teddy thus far is his poise and his ability to go through his progression without looking like a lost/scared puppy in the pocket ie ponder.

TeamSoftware
10-01-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm just as pumped as everyone else about Teddy's debut, but let's just chillax a bit on him be a stud for years to come (even though I pray he is). My favorite thing about what I've seen from teddy thus far is his poise and his ability to go through his progression without looking like a lost/scared puppy in the pocket ie ponder.

Just imagine when the game really slows down for him.

--Scott

Minniman
10-01-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm just as pumped as everyone else about Teddy's debut, but let's just chillax a bit on him be a stud for years to come (even though I pray he is).
Agreed ... one game does not make a career ... unless you are Joe Namath.

My favorite thing about what I've seen from teddy thus far is his poise and his ability to go through his progression without looking like a lost/scared puppy in the pocket ie ponder.
+1 Big time.

purplehelmut
10-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Don't be talkin' no crap on Joe! I'm a fan of old Joe's, dude had it going on back in the day. Hard not to be a fan after reading "Namath". Guy was the real deal. Hell of an athlete. At 6-2 in HS he could dunk any which way you could think of. Hustled the black players out of cash. So what if he threw more pics than TDs? He did it with style!

Minniman
10-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Don't be talkin' no crap on Joe! I'm a fan of old Joe's, dude had it going on back in the day. Hard not to be a fan after reading "Namath". Guy was the real deal. Hell of an athlete ... So what if he threw more pics than TDs? He did it with style!
He is also the only NFL quarterback to throw Bobby Brady the bomb!

purplehelmut
10-01-2014, 02:35 PM
He probably meant to throw it to Marcia!

Minniman
10-01-2014, 02:39 PM
He probably meant to throw it to Marcia!
Oooooh, like Suzy Kolber?

Come to think of it, the ball was high, and Bobby had to go up and get it. It would have hit Marcia in the nose anyway.

purplehelmut
10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
I think whoever decided it was a good idea to have Suzy interview Joe after he'd had a snoot full is to blame for that fiasco. Joe was partying with his buds, getting his buzz on, and here comes hottie Suzy cozying up to him. Can't blame him for wanting some sugar from her.

vikinggreg
02-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Bortles struggles, makes mistakes, owner throws his support behind him, looking forward to 2015 draft to build around him

Manziel, Browns aren't if they have 2015 starter at QB on their roster, Browns are putting their foot down with troublesome players, Johnny JamBoogie losses his snickers spot as he heads to a treatment center for undisclosed nonsnickers related issues

Bridgewater....gets all the Pepsi he wants for a year after being name Rookie of the Year

tastywaves
02-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Bortles struggles, makes mistakes, owner throws his support behind him, looking forward to 2015 draft to build around him

Manziel, Browns aren't if they have 2015 starter at QB on their roster, Browns are putting their foot down with troublesome players, Johnny JamBoogie losses his snickers spot as he heads to a treatment center for undisclosed nonsnickers related issues

Bridgewater....gets all the Pepsi he wants for a year after being name Rookie of the Year

Just say no Teddy, I want you drinking protein shakes and hitting the weight room. At least for those legs.

BadlandsVikings
02-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Just say no Teddy, I want you drinking protein shakes and hitting the weight room. At least for those legs.

If he drinks too much of it Cutler can teach him how to handle the diabetes