PDA

View Full Version : Spielman keeping draft strategy to himself

singersp
05-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Minnesota Vikings GM keeping draft strategy to himself

Minnesota Vikings GM keeping draft strategy to himself - TwinCities.com (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_25709265/minnesota-vikings-gm-keeping-draft-strategy-himself)

tastywaves
05-07-2014, 09:43 AM
"You guys are missing some names on our spot at 8, I can tell you that.''

Careful now Ricky.

RK.
05-07-2014, 10:11 AM
"You guys are missing some names on our spot at 8, I can tell you that.''

Well he obviously hasn't been reading the PPO forum. LOL

drewlovs
05-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Does anyone else read this and kinda freak out?

I was REALLY hoping to hear he is in close conference with at LEAST Zimmer, but it doesn't sound that way, does it?

kevoncox
05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Careful now Ricky.

WR and TE. I am thinking Mike Evans.
HA- HA and Pryor on defense.
Nix and the kid form OHS

tastywaves
05-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Does anyone else read this and kinda freak out?

I was REALLY hoping to hear he is in close conference with at LEAST Zimmer, but it doesn't sound that way, does it?

I think he has all the input at this point and now it's up to him to act upon it.

If he ends up picking people that the coaches don't endorse (ala Jerry) then it's a problem. But you can only have so much debate in a 10 minute window when your picking and talking to potential trade partners.

Ted Dibiase
05-08-2014, 08:23 AM
When you want to trade down, the best thing to do is make it seem like you could draft anybody.

mountainviking
05-08-2014, 10:35 AM
WR and TE. I am thinking Mike Evans.
HA- HA and Pryor on defense.
Nix and the kid form OHS

Aaron Donald is the hot name right now, but Nix is a huge beast of a man who can play NT in either front, 3 or 4...

I love the idea of adding Evans! Did you guys see the Sports Science episode on him and Watkins? His catching radius is nearly a whole city block!!? JK, but it is HUGE!

But I think we will move back if at all possible...

drewlovs
05-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Personally, I think last year Frazier wanted Rhodes and Tyrann Mathieu (the honey badger). I think he didn't want Floydd, and wasn't happy about what Spielman did, even though it was very popular with us fans. Perhaps THAT was were things started to go bad. I wasn't really involved in the hype, I can only give my impressions, which might be TOTALLY off the mark.

I just don't want to see a split like we had between Frazier and Spielman. Spielman thinks of himself as Sonny from "Draft Day" more than I would like him to...

drewlovs
05-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Personally, I think last year Frazier wanted Rhodes and Tyrann Mathieu (the honey badger). I think he didn't want Floydd, and wasn't happy about what Spielman did, even though it was very popular with us fans.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!!

tastywaves
05-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater on Vikings' radar - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347857/article/johnny-manziel-teddy-bridgewater-on-vikings-radar)

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Johnny Manziel is still a possibility for the Vikes at No. 8 overall.

Coaches, scouts and evaluators are meeting later this afternoon with the owners, per Rapoport, to discuss what they will do if the Texas A&M star is still on the aboard.

There you go Drew. Your boy is still in the crosshairs according to this report and it won't be Spielman in isolation making the decision.

drewlovs
05-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater on Vikings' radar - NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347857/article/johnny-manziel-teddy-bridgewater-on-vikings-radar)

There you go Drew. Your boy is still in the crosshairs according to this report and it won't be Spielman in isolation making the decision.

Well.

I hate to admit this, but I'm reasonably excited about this... lol.

Of course, if we DO draft him and he busts, I will expect everyone to give me shit about it for years to come; if you all didn't, I would think less of you.

I've got a draft party going on tonight, I really hope I have a reason to celebrate, regardless of whether we draft JFM or not.

drewlovs
05-08-2014, 05:22 PM
One other thing... they keep saying Turner will have to tear up everything he has been doing for the last few years, but he is new to the Vikings, and he is probably going to have re-do a lot of his plays already. Further, I expect that if we draft Manziel, the first year we will have "Manziel packages", and mainly lean on Cassel as Manziel learns the offense Turner creates for our next era of football.

If we take Manziel, I expect Turner to have more input with any other offensive draftees due to matching them to his new reality.