PDA

View Full Version : Are We Done??

kdog1323
03-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Are we done now in free agency?? Not at all the splash I thought we would have with $40 mill in cap space. Everything is Denver....everyone is going to Denver and Tampa and Cleveland are makin moves

purplehelmut
03-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Boys on ESPN said today might be a busier day than yesterday. So I guess we'll wait and find out.

slavinator
03-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Chris Clemons was just released from Seattle........Griffen and Joseph signing likely make us out of that sweepstakes.

kdog1323
03-12-2014, 11:55 AM
I would like to see them bring in a cb....we got torched there last year

C Mac D
03-12-2014, 12:03 PM
I would like to see them bring in a cb....we got torched there last year

A lot of that had to do with coaching... Frazier was clueless.

Apparently the 49'ers are showing interest in Chris Cook, so we could need a CB really bad here shortly if we didn't already.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 01:01 PM
It's kinda looking that way. I don't know what they plan on doing at CB, but the way it sits we could be worse than last year. Teams like Denver get it, some players are missing to put them over the hump and they go out and get the players that they need. That's why they have been such a successful franchise.

Teams like Tampa that sucked last year knew they had to get better and they go out and make a splash. That's why with a new HC and these players, they should be better next year. Then we have the Vikings, horrible defense and while I like the Griffen deal, he is expected to replace Jared Allen, we could be worse off there. We have a pathetic secondary and what have they done? Nothing. I love the Linval Joseph signing, but this team needs to do way more than that to get this team back in the hunt.

I would be ok with trying to get those players in the draft if the team had no money to spend and the free agent market wasn't worth it, but they had money to spend and the players were there. The 2 positions that the Vikings have been horrible at drafting over the last decade are QB and CB. Guess what we need? They also haven't had the best of luck with drafting overall good LB's, guess what else we need? Now that's why I would like to get some players in free agency that have already proven themselves.

Sign Revis when he is released and all is forgiven. If you do nothing, then when we are a 5 win team again next season don't wonder why the fans aren't showing up to the games. We Viking fans are sick of this shit. Is it to much to ask as fans that spend money and make these fuckers rich to want and demand a competitive team every year? I don't think so.

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
DT Henry Melton will be in Minny tomorrow. We ain't done.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 01:24 PM

Says who, and why would they be looking at another DT?

tarkenton10
03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
It's kinda looking that way. I don't know what they plan on doing at CB, but the way it sits we could be worse than last year. Teams like Denver get it, some players are missing to put them over the hump and they go out and get the players that they need. That's why they have been such a successful franchise.

Teams like Tampa that sucked last year knew they had to get better and they go out and make a splash. That's why with a new HC and these players, they should be better next year. Then we have the Vikings, horrible defense and while I like the Griffen deal, he is expected to replace Jared Allen, we could be worse off there. We have a pathetic secondary and what have they done? Nothing. I love the Linval Joseph signing, but this team needs to do way more than that to get this team back in the hunt.

I would be ok with trying to get those players in the draft if the team had no money to spend and the free agent market wasn't worth it, but they had money to spend and the players were there. The 2 positions that the Vikings have been horrible at drafting over the last decade are QB and CB. Guess what we need? They also haven't had the best of luck with drafting overall good LB's, guess what else we need? Now that's why I would like to get some players in free agency that have already proven themselves.

Sign Revis when he is released and all is forgiven. If you do nothing, then when we are a 5 win team again next season don't wonder why the fans aren't showing up to the games. We Viking fans are sick of this shit. Is it to much to ask as fans that spend money and make these fuckers rich to want and demand a competitive team every year? I don't think so.

People always panic and want the team fixed and a super bowl overnight, and you know what those guys get- the Foreskins. Snyder throws his money around like it is monopoly money. What has that gotten them, nothing. The Cowboys were in cap space he!! because Jones thought he could buy a championship. Denver is doing it right, they were in a Super bowl and maybe one or two players away, if we were there then I would say yeah, go for it. But we need so many players that IMO the team is going about building a winning team in the right fashion. We should get a few good players the next few years in the draft and then go after some real studs to fill in the few holes we need to win a championship. So free agency should be big for us in two or three years if we draft well. We have a good nucleus of young talent, on offense we have Kalil, Patterson, Rudolph, & Wright. On D we have Griffin, Joseph, Floyd, Rhodes & Smith. Throw in vets that should still be playing at a high level like Jennings, AP, Sullivan, Loadholdt, Robison & Greenway and you have a talented team. If we can draft a quality CB, S, OLB and G this year we will be a very talented team in two years. Then we go after the big names and go after a championship.

kdog1323
03-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Was announced on NFL network. We NEED a cb or we will get torched again next year! I dont understand why we are sitting back with all the cap space. They cut players to get more so I thought we were going to be making some noise here but all I hear are crickets........

kevoncox
03-12-2014, 02:31 PM
A lot of that had to do with coaching... Frazier was clueless.

Apparently the 49'ers are showing interest in Chris Cook, so we could need a CB really bad here shortly if we didn't already.

Fraiser did the drafting????

kevoncox
03-12-2014, 02:32 PM
On topic- Remember a lot of teams cut players after the draft once needs have been met. Sometimes a stud falls to a team and it makes them cut a guy they was not planning to cut. I expect us to pick up scraps at that point.

bleedpurple
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM

We dont need Revis.. He's an asshole that only cares about money... but I do agree with your other point... the few positions we have drafted poorly are the biggest holes we need to fix... We also need to start hitting on these late round picks we have... outside of the 4th round we rarely if ever find any players that turn out to be solid starters or pro bowlers... I'm hoping it was the coaching... but doubtful.

313zoe
03-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Wonder why tha vikings haven't sign any CB yet wonder wat they waiting on, this is a passing league and as of right now they have 1 CB under contract maybe 2 but still they need help at that position and haven't made any move that's crazy

kevoncox
03-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Henry Melton is coming for a visit.

313zoe
03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Melton won't be a bad sign that keep depth at that DT position he's a good player but they should focus on CB and LB

midgensa
03-12-2014, 03:44 PM
I am not that stressing. I would have liked Verner, but we all know that he is a zone kind of guy. Rhodes and Cook are both built for man coverage. I would like to see us retain Cook for a year, but if he is gone there is still plenty out there.

I have to think they are planning on addressing CB pretty heavily in the draft (maybe with two picks out of their first four). They could still go after Revis, but I would be surprised to see that happen. We knew they were not going after Talib, so that doesn't hurt. Maybe Vontae Davis would have been nice, but he clearly wanted to stay in Indianapolis. I don't know what else these guys could have done to get any of the guys that signed already.

Rodgers-Cromartie would be interesting, he seems to fit Zimmer's CB mold.

There is plenty out there, and will be even more cuts in the future. I like the Joseph signing alot and LOVE that Melton is coming in ... if we can land him then we have made serious upgrades already to what was an old and tired line.

midgensa
03-12-2014, 03:48 PM
We dont need Revis.. He's an asshole that only cares about money... but I do agree with your other point... the few positions we have drafted poorly are the biggest holes we need to fix... We also need to start hitting on these late round picks we have... outside of the 4th round we rarely if ever find any players that turn out to be solid starters or pro bowlers... I'm hoping it was the coaching... but doubtful.

That is like a needle in a haystack though. NO teams hit on Pro Bowlers in the fifth, sixth and seventh rounds. It is rare to find that kind of talent there. The talent we got with Sullivan alone in the sixth round is a good hit. Much less Griffen in the fourth round (but that is even still within the four rounds). BTW, We did get a Pro Bowler/All-Pro in the sixth round just two drafts ago.

purpleblood32
03-12-2014, 04:04 PM
iot takes time to build a championship team ..it takes good coaching at all levels .it takes a great front office ...teams have to caoch the players they have up...develope young players...you cant buy a team ...draft and coach and develope...lets relax give zim and his coaches a chance ...see what we get come august...

our defence has to improve can go anywhere but up from the bottom .seriuosly we are in good hands with ZIM.

2beersTommy
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM

Minnesota Vikings Free Agency: DT Henry Melton To Visit Minnesota - Daily Norseman (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/3/12/5501458/minnesota-vikings-free-agency-dt-henry-melton-to-visit-minnesota)

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM

A tweet from Ian Rapapport.

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
The Captain will be in Minny tonight and tomorrow too.

313zoe
03-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Sign him and another CB or a LB and tha vikings would have an whole new betta defense frm last season

kdog1323
03-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Happy my rookie post is getting some good conversation going!!! We still need a CB in my opinion.....A veteran CB would be great. I assume we will address that in the draft but a veteran would also help the learning curve.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 07:19 PM
A tweet from Ian Rapapport.

Gotcha Max, I found it a while after you posted it. Seems Twitter is the fastest way to get updates. It would be a good depth signing, but I feel we have bigger needs to address instead of getting two DT's to start free agency.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Also guys, keep in mind that Munneran is a slot CB. We still need a cover corner. I'm not as excited about this if it happens as much as I would be if we signed Verner, or Revis.

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Also guys, keep in mind that Munneran is a slot CB. We still need a cover corner. I'm not as excited about this if it happens as much as I would be if we signed Verner, or Revis.

Why not? There are two pretty good ones that we could pick at #8. In fact, it's not inconceivable that trading down for more draft picks and picking Gilbert or Dennard is not in the plan. Regardless, Munnerlyn is an upgrade…

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Why not? There are two pretty good ones that we could pick at #8.

Because I think they will more than likely go after a LB.. Either Mack or Barr, whoever is available.

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Because I think they will more than likely go after a LB.. Either Mack or Barr, whoever is available.

another option… I think Mack will be gone. I'd rather have Mosley than Barr…mostly because I don't think Barr will ultimately be a 4-3 OLB. To me, Barr is a 3-4 OLB or a DE convert.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 07:46 PM
another option… I think Mack will be gone. I'd rather have Mosley than Barr…mostly because I don't think Barr will ultimately be a 4-3 OLB. To me, Barr is a 3-4 OLB or a DE convert.

Either way I think they go LB. Remember Barr just ran a 4.45 at his pro day. I think he has the speed and abilities to play any LB position. That's why I want a cover corner more so than a slot corner.

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Not sure what will happen here, but he has other visits lined up. Tampa Bay, really?

http://http://nfltraderumors.co/report-captain-munnerlyn-visiting-with-the-vikings-tonight/

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2014, 07:57 PM
http://http://nfltraderumors.co/report-captain-munnerlyn-visiting-with-the-vikings-tonight/ (http://nfltraderumors.co/report-captain-munnerlyn-visiting-with-the-vikings-tonight/)

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Either way I think they go LB. Remember Barr just ran a 4.45 at his pro day. I think he has the speed and abilities to play any LB position. That's why I want a cover corner more so than a slot corner.

Fair points… I like Barr, a lot. As a Husker fan, I watched Barr change a game a couple of years ago…dude can play ball, for sure. He's a converted RB and will forever be gifted with speed. Only question is ability to change direction. Splitting straws methinks…I agree, he's a good option.

MaxVike
03-12-2014, 09:18 PM
http://http://nfltraderumors.co/report-captain-munnerlyn-visiting-with-the-vikings-tonight/ (http://nfltraderumors.co/report-captain-munnerlyn-visiting-with-the-vikings-tonight/)

I think he will be signed by the Vikes. Just a hunch. Just take him to Manny's and get the giant Porterhouse...he will sign ;)

tnorland
03-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Read somewhere that the interest in Melton could mean Zimmer isn't sold on Floyd. Something about system fit and needing run stuffing types instead of whatever the hell you'd consider Floyd.

VikesfaninWis
03-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Read somewhere that the interest in Melton could mean Zimmer isn't sold on Floyd. Something about system fit and needing run stuffing types instead of whatever the hell you'd consider Floyd.

Could be. If that's the case, Floyd will be a 1st rd backup.