PDA

View Full Version : kevin williams talk do we want him back

purpleblood32
03-11-2014, 01:53 PM
i would like to see him back .
there is talk about playing him at nt .
there is talk about rotation 3 tech
then there is talk about mentor younger players .leadership ..good looker room guy
then there is talk 3 mil to 5 mil two year deal ...and oh dont over pay .
i dont care how much money he gets as long as we dont screw up our cap money now or for the future sooo yes i like to see him back

OldTimer
03-11-2014, 03:12 PM
If he was willing to play some NT I would take him back in a heart beat.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2014, 03:44 PM
KWill doesn't want to play NT, he already stated that last season. He hates the position.. I could see him back, but it will have to come at a reduced price as he is getting older and they already drafted his replacement in Floyd.

2beersTommy
03-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Kevin Williams: Rick Spielman Wants Me Back - Daily Norseman (http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/3/11/5495188/kevin-williams-rick-spielman-wants-me-back?utm_source=dailynorseman&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom)

MaxVike
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I'd love to see it. Vikes just signed Linval Joseph, according to Schefter...they would be a good pair.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I'd love to see it. Vikes just signed Linval Joseph, according to Schefter...they would be a good pair.

It's Floyd's time now, if KWill does return, it will be as a part time player.

purpleblood32
03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
his price will be to high as a part timer he wont be back

MaxVike
03-11-2014, 06:39 PM

It's Floyd's time now, if KWill does return, it will be as a part time player.

Yep, agreed. My point is that I'd still like to see KWill return at the right price for a part time player.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Yep, agreed. My point is that I'd still like to see KWill return at the right price for a part time player.

So would I.... Just not sure if he even wants to be a part time player yet. I guess retiring having played for one team and staying in your home all year might have something to do with his decision. I guess we will see soon.

Minniman
03-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Williams would not play at the nose with Joseph signed and Evens now re-signed for depth.

mountainviking
03-16-2014, 06:11 PM

Hell yeah in that scenario! More depth in the DL rotation is always good, and he sets us up with a safety net in case Floyd doesn't step up.

drewlovs
03-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Williams would not play at the nose with Joseph signed and Evens now re-signed for depth.

Sadly, I think I agree. I was hoping to re-sign him for amazing depth at our D-Line, something we haven't had in forever. KW could be a sort of Ray Lewis figure for our dawgs, but I think his price will be too high for a leader/third down guy (which is where he would probably end up).

I just kept thinking of KW at game 16 being relatively fresh due to less downs played, and being a monster to deal with for the post season (if we light it up). It kinda give a fire to the belly thinking about it...

tastywaves
03-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Not sure what the market value is for KWill or what he would accept, but he would be a nice guy to retain.

He would push Floyd (at least for a while) on start time and would more than likely make both of them better.

jargomcfargo
03-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Not sure what the market value is for KWill or what he would accept, but he would be a nice guy to retain.

He would push Floyd (at least for a while) on start time and would more than likely make both of them better.
It would be a popular move with the fans and show some loyalty from the organization. I'm not sure what the GM will do, but he shows a pattern of moving on from older players.

drewlovs
03-18-2014, 11:32 AM
It would be a popular move with the fans and show some loyalty from the organization. I'm not sure what the GM will do, but he shows a pattern of moving on from older players.

They all do; older players run out of gas faster, but cost more (since you know what you are getting when they ARE on the field). With the cap as it is, older players are the first to go.

keystonevike
03-18-2014, 11:51 AM
If he will re-sign for an amount that won't hurt our cap space, then HELL YEAH. Could really be productive in a part-time role plus mentor younger guys, plus he's a great clubhouse guy. The question is will he balk at being part-time player and at what salary?

drewlovs
03-18-2014, 06:13 PM
If he will re-sign for an amount that won't hurt our cap space, then HELL YEAH. Could really be productive in a part-time role plus mentor younger guys, plus he's a great clubhouse guy. The question is will he balk at being part-time player and at what salary?

In the end, it is up to KWill. BUT... with all the problems Allen is presently having getting signed for the price he wants, we might have a better opportunity than we though at keeping him. I think there is something worst for players like KWill and Allen than not getting paid what they think they are worth, and that is not being offered anything at all.

Renrut31
03-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Melton signed with Cowboys...may open door for KWill.

VikesfaninWis
03-18-2014, 10:07 PM
I think the Vikes will bring K-Will back. He wants to retire a Viking, and I think he will accept a team friendly contract to do so.